Cute Coffee Boy

Coffee Date

Sunggyu cursed, glaring down at his phone.

Woohyun's message was still pulled up, the lame, "Can't make it to lunch, Key's having a meltdown right now."

Sunggyu huffed, pulling his beanie further down his head. Now he'd have to deal with the two alone.

"SUNGGYUUU HYUNGGG!!!"

Sunggyu winced and stepped to the side, a lanky boy throttling past him.

Once the boy regained his balance, he wheeled around to glare at the older male.

"Rude," he huffed.

"Stupid," Sunggyu retorted, "where's Myungsoo?"

Sungyeol shrugged, "He said he’d be late, so it's just the two of us right now."

Sunggyu frowned, "The bastard is sleeping again, isn't he?"

Sungyeol shrugged, "His nap got disrupted by his roommate again. The guy woke up Myungsoo, screaming into his phone about Myungsoo not breathing. He already got revenge though, he suffocated the guy for a minute or two.”

Sunggyu sighed, rolling his eyes.

The two began walking to their normal café, Sungyeol rambling about college and "how adorably cute Myungsoo is when he's dozing off while reading".

"When are you going to ask him out?" Sunggyu asked, turning the corner to the café.

Sungyeol shrugged, "Probably after exams, he'll be nicer then."

Sunggyu hummed, and promptly froze at the entrance, making Sungyeol effectively slam into him.

"The hell-"

"Cute guy," Sunggyu hissed, pulling Sungyeol over to the window to get a better view.

The two watched the cute boy slam his head onto the table and stay still.

"Go," Sungyeol ordered, pushing Sunggyu to the door, "I will be sitting in the back, so count to five and enter after me, but sit at his table."

Sunggyu nodded, fixing his beanie and watched Sungyeol enter the café, taking their normal table in the far back.

1

2

3

4

5

Sunggyu took a deep breath and walked in, trying his damned hardest to look natural as he sat down in front of the cute boy.

The boy looked up and Sunggyu had to stop himself from gaping. The boy was much better looking up close. With his thick lips and cat-like eyes.

"May I help you?" he asked, his voice tight. Sunggyu mentally cursed, his eyes slightly scanning the boy as he thought up of an intelligent response.

"Hm... nah, I don't need help right now.” he said, waving over a waitress. He quickly ordered some coffee, pretending to look uninterested.

“So why are you sitting there?” the boy snapped, scowling. Sunggyu held back a flinch, cursing himself mentally for his lack of flirting skills.

He turned to the boy, frowning and crossing his arms, “That’s not very nice you know, I’m sitting here because all of the empty tables are too far away.”

Sunggyu waved his hand over towards Sungyeol’s direction, the taller boy raising an eyebrow when he saw Sunggyu gesturing at him. Sunggyu was hoping the boy wouldn’t call him out on his bluff. In all honesty, Sunggyu hated sitting in the front of the store, the back was much better.

“So you’re sitting at my table?” the boy asked. Sunggyu nodded, pretending that the boy was asking if he were a male.

“Well, yeah, you were closest to me.” Sunggyu reasoned, jumping slightly when the cute boy groaned and slammed his head down on the table.

“You seemed pretty stressed out,” Sunggyu said, amused that the boy was so adorable when he was frustrated, “care to vent?”

Please say yes, please say yes and I will be the best stranger to listen to your problems ever. Sunggyu thought, internally begging for the boy to say yes and talk to him.

“Well, if you’re going to be using my table, I might as well,” the boy sighed, lifting his head, “So I was just on a blind date. One of those set up by those online dating websites.”

And before he could stop himself, Sunggyu whistled, “You must be desperate.”

When the boy glared at him, Sunggyu cursed himself and internally beat himself up for saying such a stupid thing. Sungyeol seemed to notice Sunggyu failing at flirting, and had smacked his forehead.

Stupid friends.

“As I was saying,” the boy said, bringing Sunggyu’s attention back to him, “the guy ended up being a complete loser! He wanted to show me his shoelace collection after the lunch date. So I had my friend help me leave the date by pretending his roommate died.”

Sunggyu looked at the boy weirdly. That sounded a lot like Myungsoo’s roommate. The narcoleptic boy always complained his roommate was waking him up at random points in the day, screaming into a phone.

The boy shrugged when he noticed Sunggyu’s look, “If I'm going to have him scream his lungs out through a phone to get me out of a bad date, I might as well let him chose why I'm leaving. He's gotten really creative with these things too. Once he called, screeching that his roommate was trying to kill him in his sleep.”

The story was paused when the waitress came over, handing Sunggyu his coffee. He thanked her soullessly, his attention trained on the boy.

“… So you got out?” Sunggyu asked, trying to get the boy back on topic. The boy nodded, sipping his hot chocolate.

“Yeah, but then my friend's roommate tried suffocating him for waking him up with his screaming. He lived, though.”

This was definitely Myungsoo’s roommate. Sunggyu shook his head, small world, “You have an interesting friend."

The boy smiled, and that made Sunggyu melt a little inside. The boy was way too cute to be going on online dating websites.

“He's usually normal... on a good day. But he told me to meet up with him at this cafee, only to cancel it on my because his professor is making him help move things.” the boy said.

Sunggyu nodded, grinning as he came to a realization, “So you were wallowing in sadness up until I sat myself down.”

The boy rolled his eyes at Sunggyu, but Sunggyu knew that he was entertained just as much as Sunggyu.

“Yeah, and then I started wallowing in sadness even more when I saw the lazy, fat- who can’t walk twenty steps to the back of the café for an empty table sitting across from me.” the boy retorted. Sunggyu laughed, not feeling the least bit offended.

“Come on, admit it, I made your day better,” Sunggyu teased playfully, laughing. His smile widened when he saw the boy roll his eyes and smile.

“Fine, you made it better. Happy?” the boy said.

Sunggyu smiled stupidly, “Yup! Wait, I just realized we never properly introduced ourselves to each other!”

Smooth, Kim Sunggyu, smooth.

The boy just grinned, “Yes we did, you're Mr. I'm-too-Lazy-to-Walk-to-an-Empty-Table-so-I'll-Just-Sit-By-Him, and I'm Mr. I-Hate-Blind-Dates-So-Much-That-I'll-Vent-to-the-First-Person-Who-Asks-Me-What's-Wrong.”

Sunggyu faked a frown, “No fair, how come your name is longer?”

The boy rolled his eyes, “Does it really matter?”

Yes, because I want to know your real name, Sunggyu thought, but instead just said, “To me it does.”

“Fine, if you don’t like it, what’s your real name?”

Jackpot.

Sunggyu held out his hand, trying to hold back the large grin that threatened to spread across his face, “I’m Kim Sunggyu.”

The boy shook his hand, “I’m Jang Dongwoo.”

Cute boy with a cute name, Sunggyu thought happily.

“It’s very nice to meet you, Dongwoo-sshi.” Sunggyu said with a smile, happy with being able to successfully talk with the boy for an hour without getting kicked out.

Dongwoo chuckled, sending butterflies fluttering around in Sunggyu’s stomach.

“It’s nice to meet you too, Sunggyu-sshi.”

<><><><><> 

Sunggyu could die right now and not regret a single thing in life.

Well, maybe not everything. He’d definitely regret that time he and Woohyun tried dating only to find out that the two were more like brothers than lovers. He’d also regret that time he thought having short, spiked up hair was a good idea. And he’d regret all those years he decided not to let his sister put eyeliner on him, because he looked so much better after he began wearing it. Sunggyu blinked himself out of his thoughts to look out the window. The sun was almost completely gone, barely peeking from out of the horizon. Sungyeol had left once Myungsoo arrived an hour into Sunggyu learning Dongwoo’s name, and the two left- presumably to the bookstore to read mangas for the next five hours.

“Wow, this late already?” he asked to no one, and checked his watch.

“It’s 7:30,” he announced to no one, a smile growing on his face as an idea formed in his mind.

“Hey, why don’t I take you out to dinner, hm? I promise it’ll be better than any of your blind dates that you’ve had.” Sunggyu said, grinning. Please say yes, I’ll buy you anything… wow, I’m desperate.

Dongwoo looked at Sunggyu skeptically, but ending up taking Sunggyu’s hand, conveniently missing Sunggyu’s mini celebration dance.

“If it isn’t, I’m making Hoya save me.” Dongwoo said jokingly. Sunggyu laughed, thinking, Not if I get Myungsoo to get the boy’s phone away from him.

“It’ll be great.” is what Sunggyu said instead.

The two spent another two hours eating at a nice restaurant that Sunggyu found in the five-minute walk along the street. The two walked around aimlessly until midnight, talking about random things. Sunggyu fumbled around in his pocket when Dongwoo said he needed to head home.

He messily scribbled his number on the boy’s hand, grinning up at the boy, “Why don’t you give me a call sometime soon? Maybe we can go to the movies or something.”

Dongwoo chuckled and nodded, “Yeah, I’ll give it a thought, goodnight Sunggyu-sshi.”

Sunggyu waited until he could no longer see the boy on the street before hailing a taxi to his own apartment.

He collapsed onto his worn-down couch, pulling out his phone and staring at it. Sunggyu knew he was acting like a high school girl waiting for her crush to text her, but he didn’t care. How long had it been since he’s had a boyfriend? Last year in high school? Sometime back in college? He didn’t even remember.

So when his phone buzzed in his hands, he jumped up, reading the text from the new number.

From: 010-***-****

I think I’m going to take you up on that offer to go watch a movie. Saturday sound good?

Sunggyu cheered, running around his room in excitement. After a few seconds of running around his room like an idiot, he quickly texted his reply.

To: Cute Dino

Sounds great. ^^


Heya! So I couldn't study, and I remembered someone in the comments on this story wanted a sequel (sorry don't have your name), so  I decided to write this up while I took a break from studying for my exams! This was Sunggyu's side of the story. *gasp* it was planned!! Haha, he isn't as laidback as he made Dongwoo think he is... Okay, I need to study for my AP exam now! Enjoy and comment!

- Evil Pandabear