Episode 11: Preparations

WE GOT A BABY!

Note: This episode takes place AFTER episode 8 and BEFORE episode 9 (chronologically). Episode 9 and 10 are specials!


 

 

After a long journey from Japan, Taekwoon and Jimin finally arrived back at their house. Since there was a massive traffic jam near the airport, it took them three hours just to go a distance what would normally take around ten minutes.

“Finally!” Jimin exclaimed when Taekwoon opened the front door. The first thing she did after dragging her suitcase in was jumping onto the couch and lying flat on her stomach as she watched Taekwoon drag his own luggage in.

Though he didn’t say much, as usual, it was obvious to Jimin that her husband was tired, no, more like exhausted. For some weird reason, Taekwoon wasn’t able to sleep on the plane like he normally does, even the man himself wasn’t sure of the reason why.

“Oppa, do you want to take a nap?” Jimin asked, seeing how tired her husband was. She sat up properly to let Taekwoon have a seat on the couch as well.

“I’m fine.” Taekwoon replied quietly as he sat down next to her.

“Are you sure?” Jimin’s brows knitted. Worry was written all over her face.

“Yeah.”

“If you say so.” Jimin reluctantly said. “But if you do want to lie down, go in the bedroom and sleep!”

Taekwoon looked at his wife. He nodded. Even though he wasn’t expressing any particular feeling on his face, he was grateful that Jimin actually cared for him, unlike the previous celebrities on the show that he heard about, who was faking everything just for fame.

Ding dong.

“I’ll get it!” Jimin stood up from her seat and rushed to the door. She opened the door with so much force that a gust of wind greeted her face. She frowned when she saw that there was no one outside. She was about the close the door when she noticed a small basket on the doorstep. She picked up the basket and examined it before closing the door and heading back inside to join her husband.

“What is it?” Taekwoon asked, his curiosity taking over his tiredness.

“Dunno.” Jimin shrugged. She tried to find the opening of the container but in the end, Taekwoon had to help her because she was struggling to open the lid of the basket.

Taekwoon applied a little more force than usual and the lid came undone easily. He set the basket on the coffee table and Jimin sat on the floor by his legs. Together, they looked inside the basket.

The basket was filled with tissue paper of many different colours but in the centre, there was a familiar looking card that sparked the couple’s interest.

“What is it this time?” Jimin murmured as she picked the card up. She flipped it over to the other side where the text was and started to read it. “Dear Leo appa and Jimin umma,” her brows knitted as she took a short pause. “Welcome back from your trip from Japan! We hope the two of you had an amazing time with each other there!”

Taekwoon then took over the reading.

“Now that the two of you are familiar with each other, it’s time to bring in something new!” he blinked. “Finally, your little princess will join you starting from next week!”

“WHAT?!” Jimin gasped.

“Please be prepared for her arrival and we hope the three of you will make a blissful and happy family!” Taekwoon finished of the last sentence on the card.

“Oh my gosh! Really?” Jimin looked at Taekwoon for confirmation, though the male was told just as much as she was.

Taekwoon shrugged. “That’s what it says.” he said, referring to the card, which was now in his hands.

“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! We have to prepare something!” Jimin was starting to spurt out nonsense as her mind was jumbled up with various different thoughts.

“Calm down.” Taekwoon said to his hyper-active wife. “There really isn’t much we need to do.” Jimin looked at the speaking male as he continued. “Her room is ready and clean, we have everything that she needs here, there’s nothing to worry about.” he assured her.

“But still!” Jimin insisted. “I have a feeling that what we have isn’t enough! Oh gosh, what to do, what to do…”

Taekwoon sighed and shook his head helplessly. “I’m sure it’ll be fine.” he said. “Just relax, nothing will go wrong.”

Jimin pouted. She knew that Taekwoon had a point – that guy always had a point – but she couldn’t help but think of the worst possibilities.

I have to do something… but what…?

 

 

Jimin wandered around in the kids’ section of the department store. Even though she had constant reassurance from Taekwoon that everything would be fine, she had the feeling that something could go wrong and ruin their time together. The girl sighed as she continued to browse the items that were on display.

I should get her something comforting… she’s going to be in an unfamiliar environment after all…

She pursed her lips as she travelled to the girls’ section in the hope of finding something that would be appropriate.

The first thing she picked up was a headband that she thought was quite cute, but after thinking that Choeun might not like the same things as her, she put it back down. The aimless wandering resumed as her eyes scanned for some likable items. As she finally decided on a DIY set for bracelets and whatnot, she spotted someone who was awfully familiar looking.

 

 

Upon arriving back at his dorms after filming “We Got A Baby”, Jimin’s words stuck to the back of his mind. Whatever he did within the next few days, he couldn’t shake off the unsettling feeling that Jimin was telling him about. Seeing that he had a free afternoon the next day, he decided to stop by the department store to find something that would hopefully please the little girl that they would be looking after for some time.

He arrived at the store in a simple get-up – hoodie and jeans, paired with an old and worn out pair of Converses. Because it was right after lunchtime, the place was rather empty, except for the few whom most probably had days off to leisurely go shopping.

Taekwoon finally arrived at the child’s department after taking a number of detours to avoid the crowds of younger shoppers who might have recognised him. It wasn’t that the fame was getting to his head; he just simply didn’t want to cause trouble, especially when he had something important to do.

Saying that the child’s department was big was an understatement. The place, in fact, was massive. It would take you a whole day just to look around, not including the time you would spend deciding on what to buy. There were so many different variations of the same thing – which was something that most males wouldn’t understand because they would simply go for the one closest to them for convenience.

Taekwoon blinked at the endless displays in front of him. He had no idea where to start from and at that time, he wished he had N around to help him.

Taking a deep breath, his feet started to move and he walked towards the girls’ section. Though he was feeling a little embarrassed to enter the pink kingdom all by himself, for the sake of Choeun and the show, he it up and walked in like a man!

It took him a few minutes to arrive in front of the soft toys. He thought that since Choeun is quite young, soft toys would be the best – cute and safe at the same time. He picked up a rhino and a giraffe, mentally debating which one to choose. In the end, he went with the giraffe – he was obsessed with playing its soft and bendy neck, plus the rhino was too boyish for the young girl.

Taekwoon was about to walk to another aisle when he felt someone’s presence behind him. He stiffened, not knowing who exactly was there.

“That’s cute.” he heard a well acquainted voice. He immediately turned around and was met with Jimin’s smiling face.

Taekwoon’s eyes grew wide at the recognition of his on-screen wife. His heart beat accelerated as Jimin, on the other hand, was grinning at the male’s reaction from suddenly seeing her. A few seconds later, Taekwoon’s heart rate returned to normal standard and he sighed.

Jimin chuckled. “Sorry for scaring you.” she said. Though she was trying hard not to laugh at his shocked expression, giggles were escaping against her will.

Taekwoon narrowed his eyes on the girl and lifted his hand to gentle knock her head with his knuckles. As she pouted and raised her hand to rub her head, Taekwoon rolled his eyes at her childishness.

When Jimin looked back up at him, she was smirking. And Taekwoon had a pretty good idea why her face was like that.

“Who was the one who assured me that everything will be fine but ends up buying something as well?” Jimin wiggled her eyebrows playfully. Before this, she had a mini debate within her head about whether or not to act this close with the male since they weren’t in front of the cameras. Though she was nearly a hundred percent sure that Taekwoon wasn’t a two-faced idol, she just had to weigh up the pros and cons of acting close with him before actually doing so. Just in case.

Thankfully, she was right. Taekwoon didn’t mind acting close with her. In fact, he was glad that she wasn’t being distant with him. He too, was afraid that she was one of those annoying two-faced b*****s that do things on screen to make themselves look better than others.

Taekwoon closed his eyes helplessly. There was nothing he could to do against her – both he and Jimin knew that, which made it ten times easier for the girl to joke with him. He was used to her jokes and he wasn’t annoyed. He liked how they could joke around like friends and forget about the age boundaries that people seem to be overly thinking about. What he didn’t know was that Jimin felt the same – she liked how she could be close with him without minding too much about her own behaviour – she was free around him and she loved it.

“So, are you done?” Taekwoon asked.

Not wanting to go back just yet, Jimin shook her head. Besides, she still wanted to buy more things, since she didn’t think her choice of gift was the best after seeing what Taekwoon had picked up.

“Can we go around a bit more?” Jimin asked. “Or do you have somewhere you have to go?”

Taekwoon shook his head. “I have time.” he replied shortly.

Jimin smiled. The two of them set off together, chatting and looking at toys at the same time. Though many would think Jimin would be the one to talk while Taekwoon would be the one to listen, surprisingly, Taekwoon was very talkative. It was an equal amount of information exchange for the both of them – neither one was quiet for too long and they both had a lot to talk about. Their conversation varied from their everyday schedules to random things, like socks for example.

It was half an hour later when they finally decided to call it a day. Between them, they have a basket full of things for Choeun, as well as for their house. Jimin just couldn’t walk pass the cute displays without thinking of buying them. When they went to pay at the till, it took them a while to put everything on the counter for the worker to scan. After paying their own share of money (they had argued for some time over this), they made their way out of the department store.

“Do you need a lift?” Taekwoon asked when he saw Jimin getting ready to call a taxi.

“Nah, it’s fine.” she replied. “I can go by myself.”

“It’s not safe.” Taekwoon said.

“I’m not a child anymore.” Jimin said evenly, hoping to somehow convince Taekwoon with that tone of voice.

“Come on, it’s one of those rare days when I have the car to myself.” Taekwoon was already pushing Jimin towards the direction of where he parked the car.

Jimin groaned. “Seriously?”

“Seriously.” Taekwoon nodded his head in his usual solemn manner.

Jimin let out one last whine before her shopping bags were taken from her shortly before she was shoved into the passenger seat of VIXX’s smaller seven-seater. Her bags were put in the backseat along with Taekwoon’s.

Seeing that there was no way out from her current situation, Jimin pouted as she strapped herself in with the seatbelt. Soon after, Taekwoon got into the driver’s side and started the car.

“To the company?” he asked.

Jimin nodded. “Do you know where it is?” She had given up on the thought of opposing his idea of driving her there.

“I think so.” Taekwoon pulled out from the parking bay. “It’s in Gangnam, isn’t it?”

“Yeoksam 1-dong.” Jimin elaborated on the address of her agency.

Taekwoon nodded as he entered the main road, heading in the direction of C-JeS Entertainment.

It was another good half an hour of talkativeness from the both of them before Taekwoon parked the car in front of the main entrance. Thankfully, there weren’t any fans waiting outside – mainly because JYJ was in Japan for their schedules instead of being in Korea.

“Thanks for the ride.” Jimin said while unbuckling her seatbelt.

“It’s fine.” Taekwoon replied.

Jimin was about to reach to the backseat for her bags but Taekwoon stopped her.

“I’ll take them there.” Taekwoon said. “Saves you from carrying them around.”

“Are you sure?” Jimin asked. “There are quite a few bag there.” she chuckled.

“Yeah, I’ll bring them.” Taekwoon replied. “Go in.”

Jimin hummed in response. “Yeah, I’ll see you when we film again then.” she smiled.

“Yeah, I’ll see you then.”

Jimin opened the door and gave it some force to close it completely. She bent down and gave Taekwoon a final wave before turning her body and walk towards the entrance. Taekwoon watched her as she did so – he didn’t leave until he was sure that she was inside the building, just for safety reasons.

However, unknown to them, someone had a smirk on his face as he flipped through the numerous pictures he took of the on-screen couple.

Damn lucky I am. What a scandal. The person continued to smirk as he walked away into the distance.

 


I realised that there was a lack of off-screen time for the two of them, so here it is! ^^

Subscribe for updates and comment to make me a happy girl!

Sorry for the irregular updates TT^TT