Episode 9: Error [SPECIAL EPISODE I]

WE GOT A BABY!

 

“Good!” the photographer shouted as he clicked the shutter button over and over again. “Turn a little to the right please, Hyuk-ssi. That’s it!”

VIXX was taking their promotional photos in a studio for their comeback. Right now, Hyuk was taking his individual photos while the others were sitting on the side, waiting for their turn in front of the camera.

“Oh man, I’m hungry!” Ken whined in his seat, hoping to get someone’s attention. His attempts were unfruitful as Hongbin and Ravi were talking in the corner, N was having his make-up touched up, and Taekwoon was on his phone with his headphones plugged in – no one was paying attention to the hungry male.

Ken pouted as Hyuk came over after finishing his session – it was Hongbin’s turn, as the photographer said.

“What’s up with you?” Hyuk asked with a disgusted expression on his face, as if Ken was doing something weird.

“No one’s giving me attention!” Ken wailed loudly.

Hyuk winced. “So apparently I’m not a person…” He started to walk away but was stopped when Ken pulled on his top.

“Hyuk-ah! Please don’t leave me!” he shouted. “I’m already lonely as it is, don’t be so heartless and leave me!”

“Geez, stop being so dramatic, hyung.” Hyuk rolled his eyes but sat down next to the lonely man nonetheless.

 

 

While the chaos continued inside, someone was waiting patiently outside the building. She was holding a large bag of food in one hand whilst her other was holding on a coffee holder that contained six cups of caffeinated liquid.

“What time did you wake up to prepare all of this?” the VJ asked as a part of the script.

“A few hours ago.” Jimin replied. “I had the things prepared last night so I only had to make them this morning and buy the coffees.”

“Do they know you’re here?”

“Nope!” Jimin grinned. “It’s supposed to be a surprise.”

A familiar looking male came out of the building. Once he spotted Jimin, he made his way over to her.

“Good morning.” Jimin bowed her head in respect. It was VIXX’s manager.

“Ah, good morning to you too.” the older male said. “You’re really early!”

Jimin laughed gently. “I can’t help it, I have a schedule in a few hours’ time so I can’t stay for long.”

“Oh, I see.” the manager nodded. “Well, you can go in now.”

“Ah, really?” Jimin’s smile widened. “Great!”

“Do you need help with the bags?” the manager asked as soon as he saw the things she was carrying.

“Err, I think I’m fine, thanks.” she replied. She wanted to be the one who hands them the food.

Jimin bit her lips as she walked in behind VIXX’s manager. It would her first time meeting them as Taekwoon’s other half and she prepared food for them. Though many would say to win a man’s heart, you must first win his stomach, now that she was walking inside, the insecurities started showing up.

What if they don’t like the food? Or the coffee? Oh gosh, this is so hard!

The manager stopped in front of a large metal door, which presumably led to the studio that housed the idols right now. She gulped as the manager turned to her.

“They’re right inside here.” he said. “If you really want it to be a surprise, you’re in luck.” Jimin tilted her head in confusion. “There are so many boxes and equipment lying around that you can easily hide behind them. Plus, the room is quite dark except for the shooting area so I don’t think many people will see you.”

Jimin let out the breath she was holding unknowingly. Well, at least her surprise plan was going to work – that’s one less thing she had to worry about.

“Good luck!” the manager pumped his fist in the air to show the girl some support before opening the heavy door for her.

“Thank you!” she mouthed back to him as she entered. And just as the older male said, there were so many things lying around the room! There were boxes twice the size of her and wood crated that could fit all of VIXX inside. She avoided bumping into people though she knew that they were aware of her presence already. She hid behind a massive box and waited for the perfect moment to show up.

People was rushing here and there, either getting the boys ready for their shoots or making sure the photos were turning out right. Jimin watched in awe. It wasn’t that she never had shoot before but for her, since she’s a soloist, there wasn’t any need for this many people to be present during the shoot – at least she didn’t need two or three make-up artists!

Jimin looked around the dark waiting area and spotted her primary target. Taekwoon was sitting on the side with his headphones in. His eyes were closed and it seemed to Jimin that he was really tired. No one could blame him though, it was only nine in the morning and they looked like they have been there for hours, most probably since dawn, or even earlier.

She managed to avoid the rest of the members, as they were doing other things, and reached the area behind Taekwoon’s chair. She saw that the staff members knew what she was going to do and signalled her good luck. She smiled gratefully and proceeded with her plan. She gently placed the bag of food and the coffee on a nearby table and sneaked up behind her husband. She made sure that her palms were warm enough before covering his closed eyes.

Taekwoon jolted as he felt someone’s hands on his face, covering his eyes. His first guess was one of s playing a prank on him, it would either be N or Ken but something about this person’s hand was giving him second thoughts. The hands were reasonable smaller than an average males and something cold on the person’s left ring finger was pressing on his face. Someone popped up in his mind immediately but he quickly dismissed the thoughts as he knew how unlikely it was for that person to appear in front of him.

“Who is it?” he asked quietly. Without waiting for the person’s answer, he took the hand away from his face and instantly, he knew who it was. He turned around to confirm his theory and once confirmed, he stood up straightaway. His eyes were wide. Just seconds ago, he was thinking how ridiculous it was to think that this very person would show up in front of him and yet, there she was, standing before him and grinning at him.

“Wha- why are you here?” he asked, slightly embarrassed over the fact that he was stuttering.

Jimin grinned even more. “Hehe, surprise!” Taekwoon blinked. “What? I’m here to visit you and to bring you food!” She nodded over to where the food was placed.

“You didn’t have to.” Taekwoon said after softening at her words. “It’s still morning, what time did you get up?”

“Nah, it’s fine.” Jimin replied. “I’ve never seen you work like this so I have to say it’s worth it!”

“OH! THEY’RE HOLDING HANDS!” N and Ken squealed together.

The couple snapped their heads towards the source of the noise and once their words registered in their head, they quickly let go of each other’s hand and stood next to each other awkwardly.

“Hyung! You just made them feel awkward!” Ravi groaned.

“But it was soooooo cute!” Ken’s voice was so highly pitched that it was starting to hurt the idols’ ears.

Taekwoon hung his head in humiliation as his bandmates continued to bicker over them. Jimin saw her husband’s expression from the corner of her eyes and chuckled. Taekwoon realised that his wife was laughing at him and therefore turned his body the other way, opposite to his bandmates.

“Stop laughing.” he whispered.

Jimin turned as well and nudged his arm. “What? It’s funny how they’re teasing you like this.” she said. “Isn’t it nice to have friends like them?”

“It gets annoying most times.” Taekwoon replied.

“But you appreciate them.” Jimin said. “A lot.”

Taekwoon looked at her. She was right. As annoying as they were, he was still grateful for s. They stuck together through thick and thin and now that their status in the industry was slowly rising, he couldn’t be more thankful to his bandmates. Not only in terms of being business partners in a sense, but he was also happy that he had them as friends. Be it work related or not, they still stuck with him no matter what.

“LOOK AT THEM! THEY’RE IGNORING US AND TALKING AMONG THEMSELVES!” N’s voice boomed again. Taekwoon rolled his eyes and turned around.

“Quieten down.” he said to his same-age friend.

“Aww, are you worried that we’ll annoy your wife?” Ken wiggled his brows. “Or shall I say our hyungsu (sister-in-law)?”

Jimin reddened at Ken’s words. She had to say something, but before that, there was something else she needed to do. Just then, the photographer called for a break – he saw that Jimin was there and that Hongbin looked like he would die just to join the group over there. Right after the photographer announced the break, Hongbin jogged towards the rest of his band and smiled widely at the only girl there.

“Well… now that everyone’s here, let me introduce myself properly.” Jimin said, feeling half-nervous and half-awkward doing this self-introduction.

“Hyungsu please, we all know who you are! Just skip the formal stuff, there’s really no need for that with us!” Ken grinned.

“Please don’t call me that!” she blurted out. “It makes me sound really old!”

The group of boys blinked at her words, making her feel like she had said something wrong. Before long, they broke into laughter, even Taekwoon was chuckling at her.

“Oh gosh, you’re so funny!” Ravi laughed.

“What she said was true though.” Hongbin said. “Hearing ‘hyungsu’ makes me think of someone in their forties.”

“See? It makes me sound old!” Jimin added immediately, not letting go of the chance to convince them to not call her by that name. “Please, just call me normally, hyungsu is really too much.”

Jimin stole a glance at Taekwoon, who was standing next to her. After some quick thoughts, she realised that she might have hurt him with her words, but seeing that he seemed okay with her being like this, she felt as if she could breathe again.

“Wait, what year are you born in?” Ravi asked, wanting to make sure of her age before calling her carelessly.

“I’m 94-liner.” Jimin replied. “Turning 22 in a month.”

“Oh! You’re in between Hongbin and Hyuk!” Ravi said. “That makes you younger than me!”

“Call me ‘oppa’!” Ken injected.

“No.” Taekwoon quickly replied. He wasn’t going to let his wife call his bandmates ‘oppa’, well, at least not yet.

“What?” Ken’s eyes grew wide. “Please? Pretty please?”

“No.” Taekwoon said again, his face remaining passive.

“Why? You’re so selfish!” Ken whined. “I saw on TV that she calls you ‘oppa’ and you’re not letting her call me that?”

“Oh just give it up, will you?” N patted Ken’s shoulder. “As much as I want her to call me ‘oppa’ as well, it’s not going to happen. At least no when our Taekwoonie is around.”

Jimin laughed awkwardly, not knowing what to do exactly.

“Wait, you said you’re turning 22 next month, right?” Hongbin asked, slightly in a comfier tone now that he knew she was younger than him.

Jimin nodded. “Yeah, in November, why?”

“Oh, fate!” N and Ken said together.

“Both you and Leo hyung is born in the same month, they mean.” Hyuk said. “They’re weird like that noona, don’t mind them.”

“Oh…” Jimin nodded slowly, she was starting to get used to being around them and their ‘weirdness’.

“Wait, hyung,” Hyuk turned to Taekwoon. “You’re fine with me calling her ‘noona’ right?” he asked cheekily with a grin – he knew that Taekwoon wouldn’t do anything to the maknae, aka himself.

Taekwoon glanced at the youngest member but looked away soon after, ignoring his question. Hyuk grinned as he took Taekwoon’s silent answer as a ‘yes’ to his question.

“Ah!” Jimin suddenly remembered the reason why she was there in the first place. “I got you guys some food!”

“Oh my gosh, really?” Ken’s eyes lit up, his hungry demeanour was surfacing again.

“Yep!” Jimin smiled. “Oppa, help me!” she subconsciously called out to Taekwoon, not considering the fact that the others were there as well.

Unknowingly, Taekwoon reacted to her call. He followed her to where she placed the food and helped her carry them back to his bandmates. As soon as he was back to where he was, he felt all five pairs of eyes on them. Every single member of the group, except Taekwoon, of course, was looking at them.

“Naw, that was cute.” Ken commented shortly.

“Yeah, that was really cute.” N followed up.

“Do you want food or not?” Taekwoon asked, not even bothering to roll his eyes at them.

“YES!” Ken was the first one to answer, since his stomach was actually rumbling.

“Should we move to the inner room instead?” Hongbin suggested. “There’s a table in there as well as chairs.”

“Yeah! Good point!” N agreed. “Well said, Kong-ah!”  

And with that, all seven of them (Jimin included) made their way to the inner room, which was used as a dressing room for the boys. There was a large rectangular table in the centre of the room and a number of chairs around it, making it almost like a dinner table. Taekwoon placed the bag of food on the table and Ken immediately started to unpack it, taking out the different boxes of food. Jimin followed and put the cups of coffee on the table. Thank god she had bought cold coffee, or else they would have gone cold and disgusting by now.

“Oh my god! Thank you so much for the food!” Ken managed to say clearly with his mouth full.

“Hyung, ew!” Hongbin made a disgusted face to the said man. “Please swallow before you talk.”

Ken ignored the younger male and continued to munch on the food whilst the other members started to take their own cup of coffee to have a sip first.

Before long, the room turned into a buffet restaurant with them all over the place, trying to steal each other’s food and drink. Even though Jimin was sitting with Taekwoon by her side, she was a bit overwhelmed with the chaos within the small room.

Seeing that the girl was starting to shuffle in her seat, Taekwoon grabbed a random box of kimbap and his coffee and stood up. He signalled for Jimin to follow him out the room, leaving the idiots inside, probably having a food fight.

The couple arrived at the building’s rooftop after climbing a couple sets of stairs. The sky was bright and thankfully, it wasn’t that cold. Jimin was more thankful for the warm air than anything else because Taekwoon came outside with her in a sleeveless top, though she was thankful for the view it provided her.

“You seem to know this building quite well.” Jimin said. “You knew there was a rooftop here.”

Taekwoon smiled. “Since debut, we had most of our shoots here so we all pretty much know building inside out.” he explained.

Jimin nodded to his words. Just then, a cool, yet calming breeze went by them, rustling their hair gently. Jimin smiled as she looked out to the far distance. Even though the building was in the city and it wasn’t as tall as the other office towers, they were on the edge of the cityscape, looking out to the vast farming area.

They were standing by the railings with Jimin leaning forwards towards the landscape and Taekwoon rested his back on the metal bar while enjoying the coffee that his wife had bought. Just then, he realised that she had her eyes on him. He turned his head and looked back at her.

“What is it?” he asked.

Jimin smiled. “Nothing, it’s just that you look really different with red hair.”

Taekwoon blinked. “I had red hair before.”

“Yeah but this time it’s darker.” she argued. “It’s more… mysterious? I don’t know what the right word is for it.”

Taekwoon raised his brows. He wanted to laugh at her unique thoughts but knew better than to do so. He knew she was just ‘weird’ like that.

“Hey! You know what?” Jimin suddenly burst out. “We should take a selca!”

She proceeded to reach for the phone in her pocket and find the camera function in it. She didn’t even wait for Taekwoon’s response because she knew that even though he wasn’t too keen on taking selcas, he would do for her anyway. Call her selfish for having those thoughts but she was more than happy to know that he would comply with her bizarre ideas.

And she was right. Though Taekwoon wasn’t too willing to take a picture in his current state – dressed darkly for the photo-shoot – Jimin looked so happy when she came up with the idea that he couldn’t find the heart and reason to refuse her.

As soon as her phone was ready to snap the photo, Jimin beckoned Taekwoon over to her, positioning herself right beside him, faces close together.

“Smile!” she said as she flashed a wide smile towards the camera.

She seemed satisfied with their selca but she had to check it just in case. In the photo, she was smiling brightly while Taekwoon didn’t have a large smile like her own but the ends of his lips were tugged up slightly, showing a small, but sincere smile.

“Great!” she exclaimed. “Can I upload this on Instagram?” she asked, wanting to make sure that she wasn’t posting anything that couldn’t be revealed to the public, especially when Taekwoon was in his comeback get-up.

“I think it’s alright.” Taekwoon replied. “But I think you should ask our manager first. I don’t know what they think about posting something like that before our comeback.”

Jimin hummed and nodded in reply. He was right, it was better to check before doing anything. And as soon as they were finished with the food and the drink, they made their way back down to the main studio, where everyone else was waiting for them to return.

Once Jimin spotted VIXX’s manager, the one who helped her to get into the studio, she raced over to him. She quickly showed the older man the selca and asked for permission to upload it. After some thoughts and discussion with other members of staff, it was decided that Jimin was allowed to upload the photo since it would be of some use as a form of indirect advertisement.

With a grin, Jimin sat down on a chair and played with her phone. At the same time, the break for the boys were over and they were all called to the set for their group photos to be taken.

With a quick and cute caption, Jimin uploaded the selca onto her Instagram account and watched as VIXX had their photos taken by the photographer.

 

Red head Leo! Sneak peak of the comeback~ ^0^

My husband fighting! VIXX fighting! Error fighting!

 

 

It was quiet in the interview room and it was evident that something had happened for this atmosphere to take over the usual happy-go-lucky air.

“What do you think about the comments on the selca you uploaded?” the PD asked. His tone was even but Jimin knew he was a little worried over the whole incident.

“What I think about them?” Jimin thought for a second. “Not much, to be honest. I just wanted to share it with everyone since it was rare for me to visit them.”

“There are a few extreme ones out there, are you aware of them?”

“Honestly, I can’t say I read every single comment there, but I do scroll through them once in a while.” Jimin replied. “I have seen some rather… harsh ones but they’re the ones I usually ignore. Since there’s no a lot I can do about those, why should I waste time and energy to worry about them?”

The PD smiled. Jimin was just strong like this. They whole crew have come to know that during the time they worked together and they were grateful for it. She wasn’t the type to be fussy over minor details and she would work well with everyone – she was the ideal person to be working with on screen.

“Do you regret posting the photo?”

Jimin shook her head. “No, not at all.” she said. “If I say I regret posting that photo then it means I regret coming on this show, but I don’t. I don’t regret anything.”

 

 

“Do you know about the comments on the selca?” the PD asked, knowing that Taekwoon would be willing to talk even less in situations like this.

And as predicted, Taekwoon only nodded his head.

“What do you think?”

“It’s best if we ignore it – there isn’t much we can do about it.” the male lead answered evenly.

“Do you think Jimin-ssi shouldn’t have uploaded it?”

“She’s not wrong for posting that.” Taekwoon said. “I told her that it would be alright to post that picture and she did it after asking my manager. She didn’t post it without anyone’s notice and everyone had seen the photo beforehand to make sure that there was no problem in uploading it.”

“What do you have to say to the people who left those comments?” the PD asked the final question of the interviewing session.

“We’ve spent so much time together so it’s natural that we’re close.” Taekwoon said straight to the camera, as if he was talking directly to those who posted the rude comments. “There’s nothing wrong with us being close.”

 

 

“Gosh, fans these days, getting upset over something like this.” Misun sighed as the interview was being shown.

“To be honest though, it was already like this years ago, when I was still an idol.” Danny said. “I think they were more protective back then – they used to fight for their idols!”

“I would be upset too if my oppa is close with another female. Especially if she’s pretty and talented.” Nayoung said.

“But something like this is inevitable. They’re both idols and they’re bound to have some kind of link with each other.” Misun continued. “And as Leo-ssi had said, they’ve spent so much time together already.”

“It’d be even worse if they’re not close enough to take a photo together after spending weeks with each other.” Danny laughed, along with everyone else.

“What was the comments about?” Jongmin asked.

Nayoung looked at him. “You don’t know?”

Jongmin shook his head. He wasn’t the type to keep up with idol news in the first place, simply because there was just so much going on at the same time that it was almost impossible to know everything in the industry.

“Well, as there are good and positive comments, there are also harsh and negative ones. People have seen rather rude and disrespectful comments on Jimin-ssi’s photo.” Nayoung explained. “I’m pretty sure I don’t need to tell you exactly what was said for you to get the gist of it.”

Jongmin’s eyes went wide. “Oh…” he then sighed. “That’s so… mean!”

Misun rolled her eyes. “We’ve been talking about this for the past five minutes!”

“Noona, you can’t blame someone who’s slow in the head.” Danny said, making everyone laugh, including Jongmin.

 

 


HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THE TEASER PHOTOS FOR THEIR COMEBACK? I THINK I JUST DIED FROM SEEING LEO. JUNG TAEKWOON YOU MURDERER! BUT A Y ONE INDEED.

I just couldn’t help but write this chapter, even though I didn’t plan it to be like this! Oh gosh, I would die to have a selca with that man >_<

Anyway, please subscribe for future irregular updates, and please comment to make me a happy girl!!