Chapter 14

Back then, right now

White. Such a pure color, but to Jung Soojung white was the color of death and despair, sadness and sorrow. Oh Sehun and Jung Sooyeon, who were both not in her life anymore, liked, no, loved that color. But even if the color white hadn't been involved with those two she would've still hated it. 

"What are you thinking?"

"Nothing, Sul."

Sulli frowned, Soojung still refused to let her feelings out. She still locked herself. 

"Tell me, I'm a good listener." 

A moment of silence passed and Sulli sighed dejectedly, she shouldn't have asked Soojung from the start. But the latter's croaked voice echoed in the room.

"I'm just thinking that this room is too white for my liking." 

"That's not a problem," Sulli genuinely smiled as she opened the window, "We can change the color!"

"Sulli we can't, it's the hospital's property therefore we have no rights to p-"

"Oh, shut up!" Sulli's hyper voice easily overpowered Soojung's. 

"My boyfriend's the best doctor in this hospital, why not use him?" She smirked evilly and Soojung shook her head, she didn't want to get into any trouble.

 


* * * * *

 


Soojung was taking her usual morning walk. Dr. Zhang allowed her to go out since she was gradually getting better. A little walk never killed anyone. 

"Soojung!" 

She turned around to see red nosed Luhan running to her. She felt a little happy that he showed up. After all, they hadn't met since the cafe incident. 

"What'cha doing Jung? Walking?"

"No , Sherlock." She rolled her eyes and Luhan smacked her arm harshly making her whimper in pain.

"Ha! Violence is a good way to deal with you. Anyway, I wrote a great poem for you, wanna listen?"

Soojung's eyes widened a little and she nodded, curious to hear his poem. 

"If you read it from the start,
Her name is Jung Soo Jung.
If you read it from the end,
It's still Jung Soo Jung."

He looked at her and smirked at her dumbfounded expression. 

"That's it?" Soojung said in disbelief.

"Yup."

"Embarrassing." 

Luhan was about to argue, but Soojung's melodious laughter filled his ears. Jung Soojung was actually laughing. The girl who smiled on rare occasions was actually laughing.

"Although it's stupid, the rhymes are okay." She managed to say between her laugh and Luhan grinned. He had purposely written a dumb poem in order to make Soojung smile, but in the end he got more, he got to see her laughing. Luhan didn't mind making fool of himself if he got to hear her rare laugh.

"Looks like you're having quite a fun." 

"Dr. Zhang." Soojung finally calmed down and mumbled.

"Well, since Luhan-sshi is here why don't you two go for a walk around the town?" He grinned like a child.

"We, I mean, I can?" Soojung warily looked at her psychiatrist who nodded enthusiastically.

"The last time you went out, we kinda ruined your day." 

"No, that's not it. It's okay." Soojung muttered under her breath and thanked him. She quickly her heels to follow Luhan, who was already running to the gates.

"Wait!" She yelled, but instead of a loud voice, what came out was a croaked voice that even the nearest person couldn't hear. Barely talking for eight months really did affect . 

"Oh, come on! Faster!" The deer-eyed guy screamed and urged her to run faster. 

Soojung ran and ran. And when she ran through the gates that kept her sheltered from the whole world, she suddenly felt and free. It felt as if all the burden she had been carrying disappeared. It felt as if all the sadness evaporated. She felt happy, she was. 

They walked around Busan and Soojung was beaming. Luhan glanced at her from time to time and he found himself getting surprised over and over again. Jung Soojung was definitely different. Maybe, taking her out was a very good idea. 

They decided to stop by a department store as Luhan requested. It had been a long time since Soojung had last been there.

"Soojung, look," Luhan said excitedly and pointed at something, "the new clothing line!" 

She looked to where he pointed and made a mental note that Luhan was obsessed with fashion. 

"Go, check it out," he shooed her as he examined a shirt, "I'll get there soon."

Soojung walked to the store, more like dragged her feet there. She had absolutely no interest in the new clothing line Luhan was going crazy for. 

She stopped in front of a pretty baby blue dress on a mannequin, when a painfully familiar voice called her name. She was frightened to look at the direction the voice came from, but her name was called again.

Soojung turned her head and saw the person she swore to never see again for the rest of her lifetime - Oh Sehun. Her inside churned and it felt like her stomach flipped. Her palms started sweating uncomfortably as her heart started racing.

He had grown taller and seemed to have gained some muscles. His hair was also longer. He had changed. 

"Soojung," he called again and she looked at him in fear, "I'm sorry."

The girl thought that if she had ever met him, she would definitely yell and shout and slap him. But she felt calm. She didn't know what had gotten into her, but she felt eerily calm. Only a slight urge to cry was felt.

Soojung wondered if he was talking about cheating or if he was talking about her sister and her depression issues. 

"I'm sorry I cheated on you."

She sighed in relief, Soojung didn't want him to learn about her sister and her now divorced parents. She didn't want him to know about her depression. His pity was the last thing she needed. 

"You can shove that sorry in your and get the out of here. Maybe, then I'll consider not ripping you and that into shreds." 

Although she didn't mean to be vulgar, cuss words just slipped out of . And the way she spat the words was venomous. 

The expression on Sehun's face clearly showed he was dumbfounded by her new personality. In his mind, Soojung was a pure and innocent girl, not someone who would spit cuss words carelessly. 

"So?" Soojung managed to say and clenched her fists. "Are you not going to go? In that case I'll go."

She was about to walk away when Sehun grabbed her wrist. Soojung gathered all the courage she had and turned around to face him. The angry expression on her face and the fury that had been in her chest vanished completely. 

Because Oh Sehun was crying. No, he wasn't sobbing, nor was he shaking. He was only shedding tears as he looked at Soojung. It seemed as if he was looking at her bruised soul and that alone managed to make all the hatred disappear. Jung Soojung was under his spell again. And tears that were blurring her eyes finally ran down her cheeks. 

She was close to breaking down, but Luhan appeared suddenly and pulled her from Sehun's grip. Sehun had stopped crying, but his tear-stained face proved that Soojung wasn't imagining things.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Sehun?" Luhan gritted through his teeth as he tightened his grip on Soojung's hand. 

Sehun was about to reply when a nasal voice that sent shivers down Soojung's spine caught his attention. 

"Oppa! Why did you leave me?!" She practically glued herself onto his body. He didn't react and Nana finally saw Luhan and the girl, whose boyfriend she had stolen. She grimaced and pulled Sehun by his sleeve. The latter mumbled something and the pair engaged in a conversation. 

Soojung looked down and let the tears roll down. She had tried so hard to keep a strong facade in front of the person who had hurt her, but in the end she failed. 

"Jung, let's go." He didn't even wait for her response and dragged her away.

The road to the hospital was silent. Both of them didn't feel like talking. Soojung was taken aback by Sehun's tears, she had no idea why he cried. Maybe he felt sympathetic, maybe he felt bad that he cheated on her, maybe he reminisced about their happy times, maybe he still had some feelings for her.

Soojung shook her head, that was impossible.