Three

A Beast's Story

Seoul Univerity, 2014


Class was dismissed soon after as the Jung found himself walking down one of the corridor connected to the main cafeteria. His usual mask was on, creating a feign of ignorance yet it would create a positive image to others with the touch of softness in his face. He bowed to every professor that he came across, successfully naming each one of them and scripting out all of their lacking in his brain like it was the easiest thins in the world and gave a charming smiles to those who would gave him the same way but with different intention.

 

Theirs was out of pure nature but his was out of order to give out a perfect act to their eyes.

 

His impressive gene that brought his eye catching visual catches a seducing glint within one eye that belonged to none other than the infamous Han Ye Seul, the goddess of the campus. With her cat like eyes she stride towards the boy, sounds of heels clicking within the tiled floor with her jet-black hair that was gleaming down.

 

The corner of his eyes noticed her incoming presence and began to form some sort of judgment in his complex mind.

 

Short skirt, one side higher that the other, probably because she was in a hurry to replace her longer skirt with this one after her class.  He noticed as his lips began to form a small smirk.

 

“What a coincidence meeting you here Taekwon-ah” Ye Seul said with a smile across her glossy lips as she approached him.

 

Portfolio case and her fashion sense. Judging from how others respect her she was a senior fashion student here which mean she would never intend to came across a medical department as it have almost 1% connection with the fashion department in other word she sets this meeting up.

 

“Hello Ye Seul ssi” Despise his precise judgment, he gave her another one of his charming smile and bowed his head slightly to the girl, bringing a disapproving frown from the later.

 

“You can drop the formalities, we met like 3 times before right and saved me once. So I assume we’re already acquainted with each other am I right?” Ye Seul replied with a bat of her fake long eye lashes at him.

 

3 times. Once was during a party last summer when you bumped yourself with the chateau 1998 wine hoping that I would help you. Second was when you hired some actors to pretend that they’re trying to harass you when you have tons of bodyguards standing by for 24 hours each day and lastly was during the winter vacation where you pay the professor to place me in your group

 

“Ah yes sunbaenim” Taekwon said as the girl finally presented herself in front of him.

 

Lip Gloss was not spreaded evenly within her lips indicating that something ruined that proportion judging from her perfectionist character perhaps a boy in his 20, a senior perhaps from the looks of the case.

 

“Why don’t you call me Ye Seul or even better” she her lips and leaned closer to his ears.

 

Her usual Gucci perfume was gone and this time it was Giorgio Armani Code EDT for men, Because of its strong scent it would inflict anyone who came in contact with the user wearing it. It’s a strong scent coming from her which could probably mean she just met someone wearing it a couple of minutes ago, possibly hugging him or vice versa.

 

Babe” she whispered seductively within his ears, arms sneakily s their ways up to his waist which brought an immediate distaste in the boys eyes though not even visible for such an ignorant girl like her.

 

“Umh” Taekwon broke the moment, both of his hands raised and pried her hands off his waist, making the girl stepped back in disappointment before she gaze at him for a rather unnecessary explanation.

 

“I’m sorry, but my friends are waiting” He bowed slightly. “I’ll see you around sunbaenim” And next time I hope that it won’t be a set up again. With another smile the boy bowed once again and left the dumfounded girl alone stomping at her heels angrily at her fail attempt.

 

It was another part of human’s emotion. Disappointment and anger. Both belonged to a completely different family yet they share a deep connection, they were both experienced almost following each other. From small to big, those emotions plays a big part in all human life.

 

It plays as a monster that destroys them.

 

Throughout 18 years of his live, Leo has witnessed many things throughout that emotions. A couple that started their love out of pure feelings, within one night, they would threw cruel world out of their self-defense, out of those emotions to protect their pride.

 

And they drifted apart just like that.

 

Taekwon watches as another couple came across him. Holding hands, whispering sweet things that they wanted to hear just like how normal couples would do. They would seem normal to everybody but not to his eyes.

 

His hands was grabbing hers too tightly, a sense of awareness towards his surrounding. His eyes left the other twice between half a minutes, indicating that he’s cautious towards the crowd, perhaps avoiding someone.  His way of speaking was too fast on the contrary of his character, conceivably out of guilt, worrisome, an affair? By the looks of his eye level, she was someone higher than his girlfriend, a senior?

 

Just like that, he became the human lie detector, silent yet deadly. If he chooses to, he can expose all the truth just as simple as that. However, the young Jung preferred to keep his mouth shut and let them be. After all, why would he drop a bombshell on such entertaining show, he didn’t like to see the coming too soon, rather make them reached up there was a much more interesting thing to watch.

 

“Taekwon Hyung” A voice called.

 

Clear and fresh voice, Han Sang Hyuk

 

The owner of the name came back in a rather rushing moment to catch up with his hyung who was striding faster with his longer legs, leaving the younger one to catch his breath once he finally came up to him. Leo’s eyes slid over to the younger one who was panting hard from the entire running he did.  He was younger that he was yet the younger one would show a sense of maturity to him, perhaps more than him. Leo didn’t mind it though; after all he was the one who designed his mask with all the flaws he purposely created.

 

Hyuk was the youngest out of all his friends, which makes him a sophomore at the campus. They first met when Taekwon was assigned as his mentor during his early days at campus to adjust him with his new life and the two have became close then, well for Hyuk that is.

 

He would often observe the boys interacting within the school. He noticed that he was majoring in a medical stream where as he would tend to focus more to his study than his social lives, rejecting girls that grew a favoring interest towards the boy with a kind and polite way.  Pretty similar to him, except for the fact that he did it out of study while he did it out of disgust in how human would partially threw themselves to him for his looks without any concern.

 

“Are you going to meet the guys?” he asked in his slightly low tone. Taekwon nodded at his questions. “Great, I’m going to, let’s go together then” he said as he lifted the dozens of books in his hands before marching away with the older boy.

 

The main cafeteria was crowded as usual with students scattering around doing their things. Make it joking around, studying, eating or gossiping.  In the midst of all those crowds, was a table consisting of 4 boys, which was the place Taekwon was going to.

 

One of the boys noticed his presence and waved his hands high to the later, making the others to be aware of his entrance.

 

“Taekwon Hyung” One of the boys stood up and held his wrist downwards, letting the force of gravity completely took him over as he fell down to the chair just right next to the boy with a soft thud.

“Did you date Ye Seul sunbaenim?” The boy eagerly asked, wanting to be the first one to get into the juicy gossip he heard from the students just a couple of minutes ago.

 

The news travels fast isn’t it, yet it was wrong

 

With a light chuckle he lightly removed the boy’s hands off his wrist before answering. “I didn’t date anyone. She didn’t even confess to begin with” he said as he opened up a milk carton that the boys has got his previously.

 

“But, but Ravi told me that he saw you guys hugging in the corridor. Right?” the boy said as he diverted his attention to the younger boy in the opposite direction of him who was busy listening to the new song he just composed in the earphone and replied him with a light nod.

 

Kim Won shik or better known as Ravi, the name he invented himself meaning enchanting yet in Leo eyes, he was as plain as everybody else. He was a junior student majoring in the music industry just like his gossiping friend, Ken. From what he observed, he has an immense amount of passion for music and hip-hop. He tends to be introvert amongst the student in his class yet once he was with his friends; he would never stop that talkative mouth of his that was hidden with his best friend. A situation where he was silent as he is right now only means that he was getting an almost brilliant inspiration to write down new music, which requires an ad, most concentration.

 

His best friend who was dubbed as the complete gossiper, even more than the girls was Lee Jae Hwan but preferred to be called Ken as his a call from his birth name would cause the boy to change 180 degree from a bright and happy boy to a boy with no care to the world. He was majoring in music too but specifically in the theatre major rather than composing like his best friend. He aimed to be a musical actor one day and his main obsession was the ever so trending girl group, which was hot nowadays, thus making himself a gossiper. He was the group mood maker which would completely turned the mood up or down just by his words even though those didn’t affect Leo, maybe only Jung Taekwon but never Leo.

 

At times where Ravi wouldn’t budge an inch to him, Ken would redirect the target of his gossiping to someone else which would often be the group oldest member sitting by the corner with a tired expression after experiencing the younger boy gossiping spree which he didn’t even knew about what he’s talking. Sister? Sistar? Something pink? Even rainbow that he thought he would understand was a whole new word to him once he started talking to the boy.

 

Cha Hak Yeon or better known as N because every he felt the need to create a nickname where everyone have one and came up with a single letter because he thought it was cool. He was majoring in architecture with hopes of becoming a famous architect in the future to help and support his brothers. He was an orphan ever since his parents left him in a deadly car accident leaving him with his younger brother who was by now staying at the orphanage. He was one hardworking boy that would do anything for his brothers and aim to take him back after he became an adult soon before anyone would adopt him and separated them forever. Despite his painful background, Hak Yeon gave out a motherly role to the group and often tends to be immature at times to hide his past. Taekwon often gave respect to him for that yet Leo never glance his way twice.

 

A soft thud grabbed his attention as he saw another boy sat just right in front of him with a smile one. This time not Taekwon, but Leo finally showed some interest to the boy.

 

The last member of the group, Lee Hongbin.

 

Hongbin, Hongbin

 

Lee Hongbin

 

The name was already familiar to Leo’s ear as it was the longest one etched within his memory.

 

The first time he heard it was from someone’s held precious to him, his beauty, Yeon Hee

 

The second time he heard it was when he was attending the award ceremony where the name was announced as the student with the highest second score in the business international competition.

 

The third time he heard it was when Ken introduced him during the time where Taekwon first entered the group.

 

Lee Hongbin, the name that would be forever etched in someone’s memory, someone that loved him dearly in memories. Yet ironically, the later didn’t share the same thought as he forgot her name just like that.

 

With a perfect visual just like his, Hongbin was an eye candy to many eyes yet he last year, he finally settled in with his girlfriend which was majoring in the same stream.

 

Taekwon would smile fondly at him

While Leo would despise him

 

“You seemed happy today Hongbin” the leader greeted him as he set his books down, smiling ear to ear. “You have no idea Hyung,” the boy said with an even larger smile of his.

 

“Oo am I sensing a new gossip coming up” Ken said as he directed his attention to him as Taekwon breathed a sigh of relief that the boy finally left his attention on him..

 

“Well” He said “You can say that” Hongbin said with a chuckle, not wanting to spill the news that the gossip boy has been craving for.

“Spill.It.Now” Ken demanded as he scurried over to the boy’s side, with serious eyes.

 

“You guys won’t believe this but”

 

“I’m getting married soon”

 

 

 

 

And its not you, my beauty


Author's note:

Well hello hello. I finally made some time to write another chapter yet i think it's quite boring >< but its just that i just felt the need to write down about everybody's intro first before i continue with the story and also more view about Leo or perhaps Jung Taekwon character. So, Kong is getting married in the next chapter so please wait for it because i'm going to give you something in the next chapter *evil laugh* 

and anyway for those of you who are wondering about Leo's answer in the previous chapter, about why the older daughter died. I think someone in the comment section answered it correctly but i'll answer it again for you.The younger sister fell in love with the boy in her mom's funeral so in order to see him again, she killed her older sister so that there would be another funeral so that she can meet him again. Quite creepy....

Anyway, happy reading you guys and please comment ^^ thank you