One

A Beast's Story

Seoul, 12 June 2014


“Last night, yet another girl had gone missing in the alley near Hongdae.” A news reporter announced as the image of the crime scene was showcased with all of the police tapes.

Police was scattered everywhere while the detectives was searching throughout of the crime scene for any clues. Loud Siren’s sound echoed throughout the place but faint sound of the girl’s parents was heard nearby, scared and terrified on what things could possibly happen to their precious little girl.

The one possibility they feared of is the Beast

The Unseen beast that lurks out in the night, kidnapping young girl who just want to have a girl night out to spend their youth but never will she sees the day of light once she fell into the beast trap.                                                                                                    

People described the beast in many ways. A , psycho, Serial Killer, you name it. But the beast himself preferred to be called something much more simpler.

He was just different from the others.

Unlike the beast, he didn’t look like an ugly monster. It’s quite the contrary actually as girl would swoon right into his trap in a blink of an eye.

However, like the Beast,

He is what we called as a ruthless creature, misunderstood by people that he turns out to be one when they both only have one intention.

To break the curse that binds them from the very beginning 

 

“You know I really like you” come a charming and smooth voice that echoed throughout the dark and hollow basement, the alluring yet husky voice of the Beast.

Body covered in a suit and a fedora hat that was placed perfectly in his hat, the beast makes it appearance, exciting the shadow that hides him beneath the light of the silver moon hanging in the sky.

 A slow tune came out from his lips.

 

La La La La…

 

A soft, faint sound came across the wet tiles. A small smile crept out from his lips, a demonic smile, moving his head gently to the rhythm of his own massacre tune.

A small whimper from the corner responded to his tune, scared and fearful of her own live, Kim Yeon Hee froze in her spot, hands chained by a heavy metal chuff just behind her, eyes bulging out from the overwhelming fear surging out of her body, creating a tinkling sound of the chain that the beast loved so much.

 

La La…

 

The tune continued, making the tempo of the jingling sound even faster, but the beast himself seemed to enjoy an addition to his own favorite tune. A low chuckle passed out from his lips as he stopped in his track, the jingling sound immediately stopped and there was a deafening silence between the beast and Yeon Hee.

 

“Why do you stop?” He breathed, breaking the silence as he intensely stared at her glazing brown orbs, scooting down in front of her unnoticed.

 

“I wouldn’t mind to add another rhythm to my tune” he whispered to her ears, hot breath stung her frozen cheeks.

Silent tears escaped Yeon Hee’s eyes as let out a cry, her breath slowly choking herself as a soft hands travelled up to her cheeks, coldness shot up with his touch as her breath hitched for a moment.

A gentle thumb gently came to her wet cheeks and rubbed her tears away carefully as if she was a fragile doll but his eyes never left hers even for a second, eyes began to furrow, feeling disturbed.

 

“Why did you cry, my beauty?” He leaned closer and closer until his forehead met her, eyes closed and a yet another smile crept out from his face, feeling very content with how close he actually was with Yeon Hee as his hands moved to her now dirty brown hair.

She stared at him silently, shaking down to her spine as he lips trembled madly, waiting what’s about to come. She closed her eyes as another gasp of tears escaped her lips. Image of her spending her last date with her boyfriend, Hongbin came to her mind. They were holding hands sweetly throughout the streets of Hongdae, whispering loving things to each other before parting their ways with a light peck from Hongbin.

There were so many things she regretted right now. She regretted for shouting at her parents earlier in the morning because of her undimmed outfit, she regretted making her younger brother, Hyuk cried all the time, she regretted that she didn’t took Hongbin offer to take her home a few hours ago and if she did knew better that the peck would be the last time her lips met Hongbin…

 

“P-Please.. Don’t kill me” she choked as he dreadfully opened her eyes to met his dark eyes, sobbing harder as the sound of the jingling metal erupted again, making the other one smiled.

His cold hands finds its way to her pale cheeks once again, numb and lonely hands. Palm fits perfectly with her cheeks, touching it gently, closing his eyes again and another content smile came from his face. It was as if he was waiting for this, longing for this touch.

Slowly, he opened his eyes, making the later flinch to the sudden eye contact. However, she couldn’t look away, almost like she was trapped within those beautiful orbs.

Chest heaving, cold steam blew out from as her eyes trembled once again in front of him when suddenly his smile falters.

Blinking his eyes at her, slightly tilting his head in an almost curious matter. His expression was unreadable but there was no trace of any smile left from his face. That was until his eyes darken the next thing.

As Yeon Hee stared at him like she was under a fatal spell, arms s around her wrist that was lying forgotten in the ground. She snapped her eyes to his hands that was holding onto hers, fixing her gaze onto it, fingers trembling as the cold air blew past between the space in her fingers.

Her hands suddenly were placed onto a soft place, so soft and delicate place that she couldn’t even believe it was the skin of the ruthless beast. The tips of her fingers seemed to adore his tender touch without her knowing and her fear desolated right away. 

How could a person like him be the same person that people described as the Beast? He was so gentle and soft at his touch that makes her instantly believed that he wouldn’t even harm her. She felt as if he actually cared about her.

 

If it was love he was giving her, it was a different kind of love he gave. Different from what Hongbin gave her.

 

It was much more warm that Hongbin’s

 

“Do you…love me?” he abruptly asked in a thin whisper, his voice muffled by her hands as he buried his face beneath her palm, smelling her scent as if he was addicted, closing his eyes.

That question caught her off guard as she noticed how he spoke each word. It sounded rather…heartbreaking for him.

 

“I…”

 

“..do”

 

And it was enough for him.

 

Stab

“Then stay with me”

 

He breathed to her ears as live started to drained out from the poor girls body, eyes still confused at the sudden numbness from her stomach, now covered in pure red blood.

A glistening tear dropped from her eyes as she gazed at the beast, sadness crossed her face. The pain began to shot down to her hands, slowly making it cold and numb and it will soon be her heart that goes the same way.

The beast holds her tightly within his arms as he gazed at her during her final seconds, eyes softened at he sight of her soul leaving her body.

The last steam of air finally came out from , lonely and cold, just like how she dies for her foolishness.

 

“We’re in the same temperature now, my Yeon Hee” he whispered to her in an affectionate way as he pressed her live less body closer to his chest.

Gazing at her lovingly, he dipped his head down and planted a soft kiss to her cold lips. His kiss was gentle and slow just like his touch, pure adoration and love was poured from him.

And unexpectedly,

 

A smile was carved within her lips

 

 

 

“Sleep well…My Princess”