To Stay Awake

Our Documentary

: :- (name of documentary) - That means that is the start of their documentary


:: (To Stay Awake)

"Is this thing working," a boy says, his face pressed too closely to the screen to the point of only being able of seeing his large, doe-like eyes. He backs away slowly, and sits on a chair facing the camera. He smiles tiredly and waves timidly.

"Have you ever fallen asleep on the bus? Did you wake up wondering where the you are? Were you lost and scared? Well, if you have, then that my friend, is not even the tip of the iceberg for narcolptics! 

My name is Xiao Luhan, and I got two goals for this documentary:

One: To show normal people how ing terrible it is to be narcolptic.

Two: To actually feel alive."

The scene cuts there and suddenly we see a boy with shaggy, light brown hair and droppy eyes. Behind him is what seems to be concrete stairs that he is sitting on. In between his fingers is a cigarette and beside him is a coffee.

"Hello, Yixing~ What's up?", Luhan says behind the camera.

"Oh, hello Luhan."

Luhan turns the camera to himself, "this is the guy who made me do this stupid documentary, he is also the one who is going to be filming!", Luhan twists the camera back to Yixing, whom smiles. Luhan lifts the camera to a building behind Yixing, "This is our college! We're majoring in film and photography, so for Yixing and I's final project, we decided to do this!"

Luhan lowers the camera down to Yixing, who now sits with his legs crossed.

"Should I ask questions?", Luhan asks.

Yixing shakes his head and reaches out for the camera, once he has it he turns the camera to Luhan. Behind Luhan is the streets of Seoul, groups of people walk together crossing the street and buildings too big for the camera to catch. Luhan is wearing a flimsy, blue hoodie and dark jeans. His light brown hair flies in different directions. 

"So, Luhan. Do tell us how it is to be narcolptic?"

Luhan makes a disgusted face and sighs, "Well, narcolpticy is pretty horrible. Like you fall asleep randomly, it doesn't even matter what you are doing. Like you could have tons of energy then suddenly you fall to the ground and cuddle with grass. So, it's kind of annoying. It's hard to keep a job too, not to mention the pay for my meds which hardly works. Also, depending on what you fall on, it hurts."

Yixing shakes the camera, humming. Luhan sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, "It's not easy feeling so vunerable."

Luhan sways a bit, trying to keep himself from falling, he brings tugs on his hair trying to feel a shock to keep himself awake. Luhan looks at the camera and we see his knees begin to buckle, the camera is thrown to the side and we see the upside down version of Yixing catching Luhan before he falls to the ground. 

The camera cuts off and then we see Luhan sipping on coffee in what seems to be a cafe, we can the swift movements of people walking behind him and soft, unrecognized voices. 

"Do you dream whenever that happens?", we hear Yixing say. 

Luhan smiles and shakes his head, "That would be nice." 

Luhan takes another sip of his drink and places it gingerly on the table, "Yixing, thanks for catching me. It a lot."

"No problem."

"You know, things have always been a bit harder for me than normal people. I seem to always be tired and I'm not sure if it's being narcopltic or not sometimes. I'm probably depressed, but I'm too busy to actually get that checked out," Luhan sighs and takes a swig of coffee, "I feel like a burden to my friends and family, I seem to cause them more stress. Such a burden," he warily laughs, "Am I burden to you Yixing?"

"Of course not."

Luhan snorts, "You don't have to lie."

"But you're not."

Luhan sighs and takes another sip of his coffee. A waiter appears next to Luhan, a boy with soft, orange-ish hair and feline eyes, he looks at the camera in confusion, but continues his work. He places pasteries on the table, "What are you guys doing, making a movie or something?"

Luhan looks up at the boy with a smile, "Something like that."

The boy smiles back, "Let me get your name so I can say I met an actor."

Luhan laughs with a hidden undertone of flirting, "Luhan, and his name is Yixing. We're doing a documentary about narcolepcy for our final in photography and film. Actually, mind if we interveiw you?"

The boy looks slightly shocked, but smiles neither the less, "sure, but I'm at work. Maybe sometime after I get off?"

 Luhan nods, "Can we get your number? We'll call you sometime tomorrow if that's okay."

The boy nods with a smile, "I'm off tomorrow so yeah," he pulls out a pen and grabs a napkin that is tucked  in a napkin holder to write down his number, "There you go, well, I'm off to do work before my boss catches me," he starts walking off after he winked at Luhan.

Luhan stayed looking at him for awhile with a fond smile and a twinkle in his eyes, but groaned in realization, "We forgot to ask his name."

Yixing snorted as he tilted the camera slightly down to the napkin.

XXX-XXXX 

Looking forward to your call,

Kim Minseok~ ^-^

Yixing tilted the camera back at Luhan, who is smiling down at the napkin. 

"Oooh, someone has a crush," we hear Yixing say in a teasing tone, but still hear the fondness in his voice.

Luhan flips him off, but does so smiling, "Yeah, he's cute."

You can see Yxing's breath, telling us that it's cooler out. 

 

To be continured....


a/n: It's been a long time, huh? Well, sorry about how long it's been. I'll get this finished in the week, omg i cant believe im releasing this fic