Risk

Risk

You. A girl who had a broken heart. You swore to yourself that you’d never let yourself fall in love again.

You. A girl who used to bury your soul into the romantic stories of a boy and a girl in love. But after many times sent your hopes to your ex-es’ hands, you were tired of it. You’d never want to think of a relationship of a boy and a girl.

And as an influence from your friends, you got into .

But not much, though.

You only watched a anime and liked it a lot that you kept talking to your friends about it. You even said that you wished to have a cute relationship like that. Even though you had no idea of dating in mind. Since you got so many scars in your heart.

You became a cold person. You didn’t interact much to people. You isolate yourself from any contact.

However, you still tried to be yourself. You smiled sometimes and acted wittily. Your friends always said you were a nice and kind person.

You. A girl who had a broken heart who swore to yourself that you’d never let yourself fall in love again. Yet, you did.

How could a guy fall for you when all you did was being cold to him?

How could a guy fall for you when you didn’t do anything on purpose to make him fall in love with you?

How could this guy be so different with the others that you met?

He was so far different from the guys that you loved before. He wasn’t a flashy romantic guy. He didn’t say much sweet words and he wasn’t even good with words. But it was his sincerity that caught your heart.

He made you listen to his heartbeat by pressing your cheek against his chest. You heard his heart racing. And after the moment you were surprised and doubting the reason why he was doing that, he confessed to you.

He didn’t want to get into any relationship again, either. But he wanted to take the risk again. Because of you.

You swore to yourself that you’d never let yourself fall in love again. But you let yourself fall for him, slowly.

You told him you need time. Because your heart was still so cold. You needed time to get used to with his love.

You closed your eyes, thinking of him. A strong wind blew to your face and pushed your hair fly. Though he said he loved you but because of his busy life, he couldn’t be with you all the time.

You knew that. You accepted that. Although when he wasn’t there, you felt breathlessly lonely.

You closed your eyes, thinking of him. Another strong wind blew to you.

He was like a wind, coming and going suddenly. You couldn’t predict…

You opened your eyes, looking at him. You’d been so quiet for a while.

“Baby, stop keeping things for yourself.  You have me. I’m your trashcan. Please share everything with me. I don’t like it when you’re so cold and silent like this.” Yongguk looked deeply into your eyes before continuing. “I can’t be with you 24/7. I’m not literate enough. I’m not good with words. I’m not romantic. I’m good for nothing. I’m sorry…”

“You’re not a trashcan, please. You’re a gold-coated chest that keeps my heart. And, urgh, that’s the truth, but I don’t want you to come here and apologize every time. I just want you to love me, keep me, fight for me and never give up on me.”

With that deep low voice, Yongguk pleadingly gave you a regretful look. “I love you, princess. I’m sorry. I’ll fight for you, okay? So please, stay with me. I don’t want to lose you.”

And you realized how much you and him were alike with the Egoist couple in the anime Junjou Romantica that you were so into.

“You’re really alike with Nowaki, coming and going like a wind. But do you know what Hiroki told him? “I love you painfully much.””

“I love you brutally much.”

“I don’t trust words much, you know. I only watch the actions. You should prove it, at least with a kiss or something…”

Immediately, Yongguk pulled you closer, locked your body in his arms and kiss you passionately, a hand in your hair. “Baby I miss you.” He mumbled against your lips.

You replied to his kiss a bit needily and run your palms against his back. “I miss you even more…”

He broke the kiss and deeply looked into your eyes. “I love you.” Then, he pulled you into a tight hug and every inch of your neck, leaving some hickeys.

Your eyes were closed slightly as you trembled to his touch. You enjoyed the feeling much even though your body shuddered every time his lips touched the skin of your neck. “My heart is going to burst…”

He walked his fingers slowly from your neck to your lips and poked your moist lips while a mischievous smile was formed on his lips. “I can’t resist you.”

It was a wave of happiness and love. You didn’t know how exactly to describe that feeling. You were being loved again.

You didn’t even remember how lonely you felt before, without him. You forgot how much you wanted to stay mad at him. But all those thoughts disappeared once you saw him.

Hence, you started to let yourself love…

Slowly, step by step, you wanted to trust someone again. You wanted to take the risk.

You wanted to let yourself fall. Because you know he’d catch you.

“Baby, I love you…” Yongguk’s husky and low voice kept echoing in your mind.