Final

Kissing In The Rain

I sighed for an nth time as I faced the mirror and stare on my reflection.

What if I looked too erm…casual?   

I’m wearing my dance clothes, since after this bonding I’ll go straight on my class. I’m wearing: Ankle-length grey harem pants, and black super backless leotard under my thin plain loose white shirt, black rubber shoes, and my black duffle bag. I’m also having my hair tied into a messy bun.

“Nah! Chanyeol is a dancer too, and besides this isn’t the first time he’s going to see me wearing these kinds of clothes” I told to myself and as on cue my phone rung. I looked at the caller and it was Chanyeol.

I took a deep breath before answering his call.

“Sup.” I tried to sound cool to hide my anxiety

“I’m already here, where are you?” I can feel him pouting.

I smiled.

“Okay, I’m on my way.” I hung up. Well, the truth is that I got here on the mall 30mins earlier than him, just to make sure that he won’t wait too long.

I walked my way out of the washroom, and I saw his familiar back on the entrance of the mall. I felt my heart beat really fast and I started to have butterflies inside my tummy. I took a deep breath and went out of the mall using the other door, away from his sight so that it will look like he was the first one who got to the mall.

I walked slowly towards and few seconds our grazes met. He gave me a big smile.

“Long time no see!” He chimed and we gave each other a high five. I saw him frowned while looking at me.

“Why? Is there something wrong?” I asked him. I knew it; I should have worn a dress or anything that was more presentable.

“Nothing just this…” He smiled as he reached something behind me. I felt him pulling my hair tie. He runs his fingers on my hair putting everything on its rightful places. “You look even more beautiful if you have your hair down. You have nice hair you should flaunt it.” He gave me a wink and left me stunned.

I bit my lips to avoid my stupid smile to appear from my face.

“Hey Giant! Wait up!” I playfully shouted at run towards him. “You walk really fast” I panted

“Well, it’s not my fault that you’re a midget” he teased me.

**

“it’s been a months since the last time we saw each other” he said while munching his fries

“yeah, we were both busy. That’s why.” I nodded. “But at least today we luckily have free time to bond, not the whole day though, but this is better than nothing right” I added.

“Yep. So anything new?” he asked, broking the awkward silence

“Nothing’s new. I guess. It’s hard to have new adventure when you’re spending your whole college year on an exclusive school.” I reasoned out. Right! I’m currently studying on an all-girls’ school.

“Even suitors?” he raised a brow

I shook my head.

“that’s good.” He smiled at me.

“what’s good?” I frowned totally not getting what he meant.

**

We spent the whole day laughing, talking about random stuffs, playing arcades, and a lot of eating. It was fun because this is the first time that it was just both of us who boned the whole time because through the years we always have our group of friends around us so we really didn’t have a real quality time.

I thought that this meeting was going to be easy since Chanyeol really know how to avoid awkward moments but I was wrong, I was having butterflies and fast heart beats the whole time and trust me I was trying really hard to hide them. I kept on taking deep breaths but none of them works.

Time flies fast, before we knew it, it was already 5:30 time for me to go to my class.

We were walking towards the crossing lane.

“So, till next time.” I sighed and gave his forearm a small pat.

“Do you really have to go already?” He whined. “You still have 30 mins, and your school is just a street away”

“I have to do my own warm ups” I reasoned out.

“Please.”

“Sorry but I can’t. I promise to text you whenever I can”

“I’ll miss you” he pouted while holding my pinky fingers with big hand of his and I find this really cute though

“We can always see each other on some other time.” I pulled my hand back and gave him a small smile. “Bye.” I left him and crossed the pedestrian lane.

I was already in the middle of the road when I heard him shouted my name.

I turned around and got shocked when his soft lips met mine. I felt his hands on my lower back and nape.

He’s kissing me!!

He pulled back and looked me directly in the eyes.

“I can’t let you go again without telling you my true feelings,” he took a deep breath.

He was about to open his mouth again when the rain started pouring to us really hard, making us soaking wet already.

“Chan-“ I was about to drag him with me to a shade but he stopped me.

“I don’t care about the rain.” He said sternly. “It is now or never.” He whispered, I’m pretty sure that he said it for himself.

“I love you.” He said to me. I looked at him directly looking for any clues that would tell me that he was joking or something but the only thing that I can see through his eyes was sincerity.

“Nice joke Chanyeol” I chuckled nervously.

“I just kissed you! Wasn’t that enough to prove you my true feelings?” he yelled.

“You’re a playboy. You really love playing with girls’ feelings and trust me youre confusing me since forever!” I shouted back.

Oh gosh I can’t believe this. We’re arguing in the middle of the rain and don’t make me tell you that we’re arguing in the middle of pedestrian lane.

“I know. I am a playboy,” he sighed. “but, can’t you just give me a chance. I’ll prove to you that I am worthy to be your guy. I’m feeling this kind of attraction towards you since the first time I saw you.” He added.

“Please. Just please, trust me on this.” He held my hand.

“Promise you won’t hurt me?” I asked him, this time crying because of the overwhelming feeling.

He smiled sweetly.

“I won’t promise you since I’m pretty sure that I’ll one in a while..” he grins. “but, I’ll try.”

Then he kissed me on my forehead.

 

a/n: I love feedbacks :)