[sebaek] good neighbours become good (boy)friends

drabble collection

PAIRING: SEBAEK (Sehun x Baekhyun)
Genre: Fluff with a side of mature cheddar
Length: 1,903
Warnings: apologies to the lactose intolerant

Description: Sehun moves into a new apartment and Baekhyun is a peeper. (No cacti were harmed in the writing of this fic).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE WONDERFUL KRYS (OHMYSHIXUN / JOONGI / OHMYROMEO)!!! I REALLY HOPE THAT THIS WAS FLUFFY ENOUGH FOR YOU.
 


Hey Neighbour,

Welcome to the building! I thought that I would show some neighbourly hospitality.

Apologies for not being able to give you this in person, but I'm in a bit of rush; besides you must be busy with unpacking and perhaps it's best if I didn't disturb you.

Enough with the babbling, I just wanted to write a quick note because I'm actually running late, oh wait, I've said that already. I would start again and write a new note so I don't come across like an idiot but I don't really have the time because I'm supposed to be on my way, oh crap, I'm repeating myself for the third time, and why can't I stop writing. Ok, I need to stop.

I've also left a cactus as a housewarming present because I know that it's customary to gift plants but the reason why I didn't get you a pretty plant like orchids is because I'm actually a plant killer.; like no plant survives in my house. This is important information because I was thinking that if you were anything like me, perhaps a cactus would be the safest option to maintain (I don't want to be responsible for any more deaths, thank you very much).

And it probably goes without saying, but cacti really don't need a lot of watering, I say this from personal experience because I've actually managed to kill one (or six) of them. But I guess, you didn't really need to know any of this so I'm actually going to stop writing before I tell you my entire life story. Wow, this is much longer than I had anticipated and you're probably wondering if you've made a mistake moving into your new apartment. 

That wasn't the right thing to say. Oh dear gosh. Someone please stop me. Now.

Ok, just good luck with the unpacking and everything.

- From your not creepy (I promise) neighbour,
Byun Baekhyun

P.S. The cactus' name is Bill. Please welcome him into your home with open arms.

 

 

Hi Neighbour (sorry, I don't know your name),

I realised that the note that I'd left the other day was probably received with reservations. I was actually going to take it back and write a new message, one that was heavily edited, but when I got back, it was already gone. I'm assuming you'd saw it and have taken Bill into your home, or at least I hope you did and didn't just throw poor Bill in the trash; I digress (please excuse my tangents).

Please accept this bag of sugar as an apology for my previous letter, just in case you needed it (because you know, usually a neighbour asks to borrow a cup of sugar? I don't know, please don't judge me).

- Baekhyun

P.S. I was in a rush again so I couldn't apologise in person. Sorry!

 

 

Hi Baekhyun-ssi,

I just realised that as I'm writing this thank you note, I don't actually know what apartment unit you're in so I'm just going to leave this letter outside my apartment door in hopes that you'll see it at some point (it'll probably go unnoticed but I'm hoping that it will get to you somehow).

I wanted to thank you for Bill, he's doing well. I've taken your advice on board and I will try my best to give him a nice, happy and loving home. I also need to express my appreciation for the sugar, I was literally in need of some so you're pretty much a lifesaver - thank you.

And please don't feel the need to apologise to me, like at all. In fact, I should be the one saying sorry to you for not being able to thank you properly. You don't know how much I appreciate the fact that you took the time out of your (what seems to be a very busy) schedule to welcome me to the building.

I hope that we'll be able to meet soon!

- Oh Sehun

P.S. My name is Sehun, by the way. But you already know that because I've just signed this note with my name less than five seconds ago. Crap.

 

 

Sehun-ssi,

I've received your thank you note. It was really no problem at all.

The temperature has dropped the past few days and it's been quite cold, so please use these hot packs when/if it gets too chilly for you.

- Baekhyun

 

 

Sehun-ssi,

There was a buy one get one free offer on First Aid kits, I didn't know if you had one so I thought I would leave the spare one here for you. You never know when it'll come in handy, right? In saying that, please be careful and take care of yourself.

- Baekhyun

P.S. How is Bill doing?

 

 

Baekhyun-ssi,

I still don't know where you live but I have a feeling that you'll see this message anyway.

I literally just grazed my knee the other day but haven't had time to go to the pharmacy so this is like a godsend, thank you so much. But seriously though, thank you for restoring my faith in humanity, you are such a kind soul, and I really do hope that we can become friends in the future.

- Sehun

P.S. Bill is doing very well, thanks for checking up on him.

 

 

Sehun-ssi,

There's been a bad bug going around that's causing these nasty coughs. So I just wanted to give you some honey and lemon just in case you catch it.

- Baekhyun

 

 

Baekhyun-ssi,

I'm starting to think that you're my guardian angel sent to watch over me. I know about the virus because I've caught it and have been coughing like crazy so the honey and lemon will go down like a treat.

I feel really bad that you've been leaving all these nice things for me and I haven't been able to return the favour. I don't know what you like or even how old you are (I'm 20).

Please let me know how I can make it up to you.

- Sehun

P.S. Bill misses you and would like it very much if you could visit him sometime soon.

 

 

Sehun-ssi,

I'm 22 so I'm your hyung - please call me Baekhyun hyung. I kinda miss Bill too and would very much like to visit him in the near future, but unfortunately I'm currently in the middle of a big project at work and I barely have enough time to breathe. Hopefully once the project is complete, I'll be able to stop by and have a real conversation with you (and to see how Bill is doing in his not so new home anymore, has it really been four months since you've moved in?).

- Baekhyun hyung

 

 

Baekyhyun hyung,

What, no offering this time? I'm disappointed. I jest. Yes, it has been around four months since I've moved in and I'm just going to reveal a shameful secret of mine - I've not even fully unpacked yet (please don't judge me).

Perhaps it's time that I left you a little something seeing as you're always leaving me things. It's not much but I made you a mixed CD, I'm not sure what you kind of music you like, but I compile a collection of the songs that are currently inspiring me. 

It'd probably make more sense to you if I explain that I'm a dancer. I know it's nothing special but I hope that you'll enjoy listening to it nonetheless.

- Sehun

 

 

Sehun,

I loved the CD - thank you so much!

I baked some cookies yesterday but made too many, so I thought that maybe you would enjoy them. Don't worry if you don't think that they're tasty, you can just bin them if you think that they taste horrid; it's not like I'd ever find out.

Thanks again for the CD!

- Baekhyun hyung

 

 

Baekhyun hyung,

The cookies were amazing! I don't know if I should admit this to you or not (I've already told you one shameful secret so why not?) but I may have devoured them all in one sitting (in the space of ten minutes.. Oops).

Oh, and I came across this little guy when I went to the market yesterday and it reminded me of Bill so I wanted to pick him up and give him to you to look after. He's Bill's little brother and his name is Ben, so please look after him with love and nurture.

- Sehun

P.S. I know that you said you were a plant killer, but I have faith that you will raise Ben to be a fine young cactus; a cactus that all other cacti will look up to as their role cactus.

 

 

Baekhyun hyung,

I may or may not have stood in front of my peephole for five hours to find out who's been leaving me all the letters and presents and what have yous. I also may or may not have followed said person back to their apartment, which for the record, is not in the same apartment building as me, but in fact across from me; I'll let that slide on account of how cute you are (and the lovely notes and thoughtful offerings helped).

So instead of gift and running next time, how about you just knock on my door and formally introduce yourself, to my face?

- Your not really a neighbour, Sehun

P.S. I may or may not be waiting outside your apartment after I've slipped this note under your door. So you could also just open your front door, that'll work also.

 

 

To my baby Sehunnie,

I've bought you some curtains. Please hang them in front of your windows, you don't know who could be looking and ing on you at this very moment. 'The Oh Sehun Show' is for an audience of one only.

I love you.

- Baekhyunnie

P.S. If you're wondering how I can view the show when the curtains are in effect, don't - I've installed cameras.

P.P.S. Now that you have curtains, it wouldn't hurt if you walk around the apartment once in a while (or always). Just saying.

 

 

Baekhyunnie <33

Why not join 'The Oh Sehun Show' and turn it into 'The Baek and Hun Show'? Which would also mean that Bill and Ben can be reunited, I have a feeling that they miss each other (but not as much as I miss you when you're not around, stealing glances at you from across the window just doesn't cut it for me anymore).

So Baekbae, what do you say? Will you move in with me?

- Your Sehunnie

P.S. I love you.

P.P.S. It might be a good time to confess that I've actually been watching you through the windows these past few months as well.

P.P.P.S. I might have hoped it was you who was leaving me all those notes and presents. Like I may have even fantasised that they were from you and the reason why it took me so long to stake out my front door was because I didn't want to burst my bubble if it happened to not be you. But I'm glad that it was.

P.P.P.P.S. We're a couple of peeping creeping s who are perfect for each other and belong together.

P.P.P.P.P.S. Lolololol at all the peepees.

P.P.P.P.P.P.S. I can't wait until my PP is in your AH. 

 

 

A/N: Quick thanks to mydeepest-thoughts for the prompt idea.

DM | Twitter | Ask FM Tumblr |