Chapter 6

Message In a Bottle (Hiatus)

Kwon Seojin

“So you felt someone stalking you on your way home yesterday?” Eunae asked

“Yeah. It was freaky.”

“Did you find out who it was?”

“I was too scared so I ran…”

“This is unlike you, Seojin.”

“Shut up.”

She scowled at me. “Okay, sheesh, I’m just saying.”

We met up with Jinyoung and Gongchan in front of the gates.

“Good Morning Noona~” Gongchan wiggled his eyebrows at me.

“Hey, how about me?” Eunae pouted.

“Hahaha. No. Hyung would kill me.” He glared at Jinyoung.

“Hell yeah, I would. Now come on!” He lead us inside the campus to history class. At least I’m having classes with people I know. Or should I say, people I barely know.

“Ya, Gongchan. Let go of Seojin. You’re gonna be late for class!” Jinyoung pulled him away from me. “But hyung~” He pleaded with aegyo. Jinyoung pointed across the hallway and told him to go. With his shoulders slumped, he walked to his class.

“Umm, Jinyoung…don’t you think you’re a little to hard on him?” I asked

“No, he’s cool with it.”

Right.

He turned to Eunae. “I gotta go babe, see you at lunch?” He pulled her in for a hug and she giggled. Aish, could they keep the PDA low?

“Araso, babe!” She kissed his cheek and he walked to his class.

I felt so uncomfortable just observing it.

We headed to our lockers to get our books until I bumped into someone.

“Ya! Would you watch where you’re go-“

I looked up to see a familiar face. “Oppa-“

The bell rang.

“Seojin, come on. I got your books, let’s go!” She grabbed my wrist and dragged me to history.

When we reached the classroom we took a seat next to each other and turned to me.

“Who was that guy? And why did you stutter?” She searched for my eyes but I didn’t look at her. “Is that-`”

“Okay, class. Page 321 to 330. Write notes and a 3 page essay about it. This is due by the end of the period, any problems leave this classroom now. And don’t interrupt me as I take attendance.” Mr. Woo sat down on his chair and peered at us through his glasses. Everyone was too threatened to even stand up. “Good.”

I opened my book and got to work until the door creeked open.

“Mr. Kang, you’re late again.”

“Sorry.”

“Come earlier so you can have a less amount of detention than girlfriends, eh?” He affirmed.

The whole class murmured for a few seconds until Mr. Woo yelled at us. “Ya! Get to work or all of you will get detention!”

Nice threat, Mr. Woo.

“Now take a seat and don’t stand there like an imbicile.” He muttered. I felt the guy sit in back of me and breathe on my neck. Ew. I hunched my back and didn’t let it distract me. Freak.

-

“That guy was freaky, he breathed on my neck!” I said as I ate my noodles.

“Maybe it’s his way of being friendly?”

CNU whacked Baro’s head. “Ya, you think breathing on people’s necks is a good thing?!”

“Aish, all you do is whack my head these days and it’s getting annoying!” Baro took off his hat and fixed his hair.

Why do guys have prettier hair than me? Baro’s hair had so much volume that I just had to feel it.

“Umm. What are you doing?” He was completely freaked out.

“Are you obsessed with hair or something?” Sandeul commented from the end of the table.

“His hair is just so awesome, okay! Eunae, please tell these people that it isn’t weird-“

“No.”

I glared at her. “You’re my best friend, dude. You’re supposed to agree with me most of the time!”

She stuck her tongue out. “Not today!”

Jinyoung ruffled her hair. “Aww, isn’t my girlfriend cute?!”

“Eh.” We all said.

“Ya!” He pouted.

“Sorry, Haraboji~” Baro stood up and bowed.

“I’m gonna get you!” He got out of his seat and chased Baro around.

Eunae and I ignored them and started to talk.

“So that’s the famous Woohyun you’ve been talking about?”

“Yeah. I just know it.”

“How could you be so sure? It’s been 4 years. People could change. A lot.”

I just knew it was him. I didn’t know how to feel. Excited, sad, or both.

Eventually, Baro had bumped into someone while running.

“Ya, watch where you’re going would you?” Woohyun? Again?

Oh no.

CNU oppa walked up to them.

Me and Eunae followed.

“I said I was sorry, geez.” Baro scratched his head.

“Sorry won’t cut it. You spilled miso soup all over my girlfriend. You did it on purpose didn’t you?!” He raised his voice.

“Okay, calm down. We’ll clean the mess up. We’re very sorry.” CNU stepped up.

Woohyun glared at Baro. “You better not do it again. Let’s go Soojung.” He grabbed his girlfriend and left.

Eunae was right. He did change.

I saw Baro clenching his fist tightly and his knuckles were turning white.

I patted his back. “Calm down Baro..”

“He’s an . He should get a taste of his own medicine.”

“Now, now let’s not talk about that. And help me clean this up!” CNU tossed him some napkins.

-

Thank God we all have music together. Baro stayed in the bathroom for a long time to calm down. Or maybe take a dump, I really don’t know. When he did, we all went to the music hall and saw Mr. Jin and Ms. Hwang. I didn’t know she dabbled in the arts.

“Okay class, let’s start with some vocal exercises!” Mr Jin sat down on the piano bench and started playing some keys. We followed his instructions for a few minutes and finally it came to a stop. “I know it seems too early, but we’re planning a winter musical” Mrs. Hwang spoke. “Indeed, and this will be about keeping warm in the winter weather. I composed a song called ‘Your love keeps me warm in this weather.’ Cheesy, right? I’m working on it!” The class laughed but Mrs. Hwang continued. “Everyone will participate. Mr. Jin’s composition will be sang as a duet. If you want to audition for it, go ahead. But audition with a partner. If chosen, you will perform together. Obviously. So chose now!” She clasped her hands together.

I turned to face Eunae but she was already hopping up and down with Jinyoung.

“Wanna rap together, hyung?” Baro asked CNU. “Of course!” He attacked him with a bear hug.

I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around. “I guess this leaves you and me?” Sandeul smiled.

His smile was so contagious. I nodded. “I guess it does.”

 

A/N I have updated~ I have to stop updating so late at night..Thanks for subscribing!╰  (❤▽❤╰ )