Chapter 5

Message In a Bottle (Hiatus)

Lee Junghwan

After the assembly, classes begun. Classrooms slowly began to fill up. Jinyoung hyung kept me company until Baro came. CNU and Jinyoung hyung had different subjects while out Gongchan was a junior. Jinyoung said to meet up at the cafe 2 blocks away to introduce us to someone. Anyway, now it was chemistry. I took a seat at the really front because I'm cool like that. Baro sat at the back with Dongwoo and Hoya hyung. I heard them rap a few american songs before the teacher would come.

Kwon Seojin

"After school?" I asked her

"Yes, Jinyoung's gonna introduce us to his friends! Please Jin-Jin~" She did an aeygo. She knew that was my weakness.

"Okay, fine. But you're coming with me to pick up Kyungwoo and Joonhee." She squealed and hugged me once again as the teacher came in.

Everyone took their seats as she set her folders down on her desk.

Most of it was taken, except for the one behind this kid with huge glasses. Good enough. I sat myself down.

 

"Good morning class!"

"Good morning, teacher!" Everyone replied enthusiastically.

"If you don't know who I am, I'm Ms. Hwang. Please treat me well!" She joked.

"I know it's pretty boring to start off the day with chemistry, but we'll make it fun. I promise!" A round of applause and booming conversations filled the room.

"Alright, alright guys. Now turn to page 65 and read until page 72. Afterwards, answer the questions on the board and turn it in." The room filled with groans but we got to work anyways.

The kid behind me slowly turned back. "Uhh..do you have an extra pen I could borrow? He asked.

I nodded slowly, pulled one out of my bag and handed it to him. 

He took it from me with a little smile. "Thanks"

How cute.

Lee Junghwan

I couldn't focus on my work.

Wow, that was a first.

I asked her such a stupid question but it was true.I really did need a pen.

I smiled to myself and started writing.

Kwon Seojin

*After school*

"Ya! Jung Eunae hurry up, they're waiting for us!"

She paid the ahjumma 15 won and ran to me. 

"Is it so wrong to buy your siblings some food? Aish!" She cradled the ddeokbokki in her arms and walked ahead of me. "Eunae!" I called out to her. "What?!" She spat. I grinned. "You're going the wrong way."

"Uhh. Right. I knew that, I was just waiting until you'd notice."

"Nice comeback." I remarked.

"Thanks."

We reached the front of the school and saw them under the tree. Kyungwoo was watching some video on his phone while Joonhee was talking to a guy. A guy. And not just any guy. He was her age of course but he was too good looking to be her friend. I walked closer and tapped her shoulder. "Am I interrupting you?" I teased. She motioned for him to go away but I told him to stay. "What's your name?" 

"Minjun." 

"Oh. Nice name, Minjun. So let me ask you, are you in a relationship with my baby sister?"

Joonhee slapped my arm. "Unnie!" She sounded embarrassed. I looked back at the kid who was was blushing so much. "I'm kidding. I'm her sister, Seojin. I guess We'll be seeing a lot of each other." He nodded. "Okay, we better get going now before Eunae eats all the ddeokbokki." I looked back to see her eating with Kyungwoo. The sauce was all over his shirt. Dammit, don't you know that's hard to get off?

"Okay, bye Seojin noona! Bye Joonhee." He winked at her and she giggled. Children these days.

"Ya, Eunae! Save some for me and Joonhee!" I chased her.

"Sometimes, I think we're more mature than them" Joonhee said trailing behind Kyungwoo.

"Yeah. Me too."

"Wanna go home now?"

"Will there be cookies?"

"We'll buy some on the way."

"Let's go."

The ddeokbokki eventually spilled on the sidewalk. We left it alone and found the kids walking home. "Bye Noona! We'll save you a cookie!" 

"Do you have the keys and pepper spray!?" I called after them

"Yeah! See you at home unni!" Joonhee waved before sprinting

I turned to Eunae. 

"Aww. You look like a mess, let's clean you up." I gave her a napkin and she wiped . "Thanks. You got a mint? And water?" 

"Too spicy?" She nodded.

I handed her my water bottle and a mint and we started walking towards the cafe a few strides away. She started brushing her hair and putting lip gloss on. "Do I look okay?" She asked, readjusting her headband. "You're amazing just the way you are~" I sang. She chuckled. "Let's go in!" She pushed the door and I followed behind her.

Lee Junghwan

 "So how does she look?" Baro asked

"She's beautiful. But she's mine, remember that Hambaro, or I will cut you." Jinyoung teased.

I heard the door chime and looked up. Hey, isn't that-

"Eunae!" Jinyoung got up from his seat

"Jinyoung!" She jumped on him and made a little dramatic scene in the middle of the cafe.

Hey, it is her. The girl I borrowed the pen from!

Should I talk to her? Would she want her pen back? Hmm..

Jinyoung set his girlfriend down and turned around. 

"Oh! You must be the fabulous Kwon Seojin Eunae has told me about." He shook her hand and she blushed. Cute~

"Yeah. And you must be Eunae's boyfriend. The one she told me about just this morning." She shot a glare Eunae and hid behind Jinyoung. 

He chuckled. "Come on, let's meet my friends now." 

"YAAA, HYUNG I TOTALLY BEAT YOU" Gongchan barked in CNU's face

"No you didn't! Grass is stronger than fire, right Sandeul?"

"No hyung." I grinned

"What?!" He had a painful look on his face.

"Hyung, you died. I won" Gongchan danced around and mocked him.

Baro comforted CNU hyung. 

"It's okay, hyung. I'll give you the better batch of cards next time." 

His head shot up and he glared at him.

Baro glared back.

Gongchan kept dancing until he bumped into Seojin. That was her name right?

"Oh! I'm sorry pretty noona!" He bowed 

She stared in amazement at his hair.

"It's so shiny..."

What.

"Thanks, noona. Your hair is pretty shiny too!"

She laughed. "I'm Seojin. What's your name?"

"Gongchan's the name. And I'm a man!" He put his fists onto his hips, trying to look like a superhero.

Baro stood up and walked up towards them, leaving CNU hyung laying down on the chair.

"I'm Baro. Sup." He failed winked at her and flashed his hamster teeth. I could tell she was holding in a laugh.

Jinyoung came up behind him and motioned for the others to come around us. "Okay, guys. So you don't have to say your name to everyone, guys, meet my girlfriend and best friend." He winked at Seojin "Eunae and Seojin, meet CNU, Gongchan, Baro, and Sandeul." He pointed to each one of us as he said our names. 

"Hi!" We all said.

"Hi.." The two said.

"Alright, lets get some drinks! It's on my hyung!" Baro yelled

Yunho hyung came out just in time to hear that. "What?!"

"Come on hyung~" Baro protested using an aegyo. Ugh. No, we get enough of that from Gongchan. People use aegyos too much these days just to get what they want.

"Fine." Yunho hyung gave up. "Ladies, what can I get you?"