Being Protected

A Place Where I belong

HI HI HI!! XD

This chapter finally starts to address or include Aria's family. Wohoo

Even though this chapter is a bit grim and to be honest Aria is quite rude to her mother, I hope you still like this chapter. I know depression is hard to handle, bad feelings can't just disappear in a night.

NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE CUTE! I PROMISE!

whoot is is just me or what! I'm super pumped and can't wait till 5live debuts! I've been waiting for this boy

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgEavAKb_8DGp_xv0ieru

to debut since his 3rd degree days! gahhhh the feels <3

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUMbxi4Ob8-jh-fiqAThn


~ARIA POV~

I constantly worried, hating that I became Mark's burden. Between his practice and schedules, he visited me in the hospital whenever he could. His eyes grew dark and tired looking. I told him I'd be fine, I wouldn't dare make another attempt. No matter what I said, his worry for me never ceased. Even when I was discharged from the hospital, he continued to run around with barely any sleep, constantly traveling between his work and my apartment. It scarred him, when he found my body in the bathtub. Even though I constantly tell him I'm fine now, I'm happy with all the love and care he gives me. He couldn't stand the thought of me being home alone. He'd rather sacrifice his time and sleep to ensure my safety. For that I am so grateful...yet apologetic all at the same time.

He hasn't slept a wink these past few days, I'm growingly worried for him as each day passes. He can't continue to live like this.

Who am I to make him like this? I'm not his girlfriend or lover.

 

My cellphone wailed Got7's A. I couldn't help it, that song was catchy.

"hello? Mark oppa?"

"Ari I'm coming over right now. I brought someone to see you"

"someone? Who?"

"I'm not telling. But she really wants to see you"

"she?"

"We're coming up. Open the door for us okay?"

I let out a sigh, could it be he's going to introduce me to a girl he's officially dating? Does he only see me as a sister?

"Are you sure she wants to see me? What if this goes wrong?" The muffled voice questioned

My body immediately reacted to that familiar voice, there was a heavy tug at my heart, my eyes watered uncontrollably and my legs pulled me back and forth, soon I was pacing around the whole room

"Aria Open up!"

My fingers were tightly wrapped around the doorknob but I could bring myself to turn it "I..I"

Mark's frantic voice called out "Ari! You okay?! Answer me!"

I couldn't stand making Mark panic and worry for me, he didn't deserve this kind of treatment from me. I pushed down on the knob even though I was repulsed by this woman, I hated seeing her with every fiber of my being

I looked and met eyes with her, she already began sobbing at the sight of me

Distant and cold-hearted I asked her "What are you doing here?" 

"oh my baby!" her cold fingers latched onto my cheeks "my poor baby"

"Oppa what is she doing here?"

"I called her. You need her."

"No I don't. Get her out of here. I don't need someone who abandoned me once already to be in my life again"

"Ari...still she's your mother" Mark pleaded

"Even if she is doesn't change anything! And don't you dare translate this in chinese or english for her!"

Reluctant my mother turned to me "Your father is worried about you. But he didn't come to see you because of business"

"GO AWAY!" I fought my sobs back, letting a few tears drop. Swinging my arms wildly, I attempted to scoot my mother out of my home. But Mark oppa caught my arms, stopping me "Ari. Your family is the source of your pain and the end of it. Let her end your pain!"

Unphased by my tantrum, my mother latched onto my wrist "Baby I was so worried about you when I heard you almost died. Do you know how hurt I was?! How could you do that to yourself?"

"Stop pretending you care about me and go back to your rich life with the man I used to call Dad. Get out of here!"

After a moment of silence and more sobbing from the woman, I ran out of patience "If You dont leave. I will"

I spun around to leave, instead I bumped right into Mark's arms. "Let go oppa"

He embraced me, smoothing my hair to calm me down

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" Her voice quivered with agony and regret "When we kicked you out, we thought you'd be back in no time. We didn't think you would really leave. I'm' so sorry! When you left, I thought you had enough confidence to live well and stay healthy because you were always so strong. I didn't think you needed me...I should have been there for you. I'm your mother! But I'm such a failure"

"Auntie don't blame yourself. You tried hard to be a good mother. Right Ari?"

Mark tried to peel me away from him, but I kept my arms wrapped around his waist. I refused look at the women. I was plenty happy just staring at Mark oppa's t-shirt.

"Oppa you're my family. I don't need anyone else"

Mark oppa lowered his head next to my ear "arasso. We'll take one step at a time"

"I'm sorry Auntie. Ari is not in a good condition today. I think we should give her some more time, lets try again some other time"

My mother sniffed and wiped her tears regretfully but promptly left the premises

"I'm sorry I didn't talk to you about bringing her here. I didn't think you would have this kind of reaction"

Mark oppa cupped my face between his two palms

My lips curved into a smile at his furrowed brows "Stop frowning. I know you were trying to help me. I don't blame you... because you can't understand how I'm feeling"

"I know you care deeply about your mother and father. You are a deep and loving person. Just because you don't express your emotions doesn't mean that you are not in pain. I can sense the pain you harbor"

His eyes glistened with pain and hurt

To avoid eye contact, I rested my head on his chest "hmmm...I'm happy with just having you oppa. I don't want to be greedy and lose what I already have"

"Just don't be in pain. When you hurt, I also hurt"

"I'm happy. With you and GOT7, I'm really happy"

Later on I asked Oppa how he found my mother. It turns out Mark had asked May about my depression. All he got out of stubborn mouthed May was that my depression was caused by my family and my mothers contact information. He wanted to help me. I really don't mind, he's trying to support me in his own way. He made me feel cherished and loved, like I was a precious gift. He made me feel like no one has before.

He's trying really hard to be my family. And I love him for that.