STRANGE HAPPENINGS

On the Outside Looking In

When their manager came back to the apartment room, Suho, Chen, Chanyeol and Kris were all at the table drinking the herbal tea Suho had made earlier. Turned out Suho was right, all the members were feeling ill. They concluded that it must be some minor food poisoning that was making them puke and just stress from never-ending practices. Feeling stressed out himself, their manager had some tea as well as he related information for them concerning the missing EXO members. Apparently, the security cameras showed no signs of anyone going in our out last night of the building, and the company said they didn’t see any of the members coming into the SM building either. They were already sending out discrete, search parties around the neighboring area to see if they could find them, but nobody had called yet.

“Do you think they could have been kidnapped?” Chanyeol asked.

“How can that be? The CCTV didn’t catch anybody coming in OR out of the building? And manager-hyung locked the door last night,” Chen stated.

Kris let out a huge sigh. “This doesn’t make any sense!”

“I know,” their manager consoled as best as he could. “We’ll find them, guys. Don’t worry.”

“What about today’s schedules?” Suho asked their manager. “Are we going to have to go as just four members today?”

The manager shook his head. “No. When I explained the situation, they staff was a little creeped out by strangeness in their disappearance, so they decided just to keep you guys under house arrest for the day. If the situation gets anymore serious, they said we might have transfer you guys somewhere else for the time being until this mystery is solved. So, just sit tight for now until we find the others. You guys could use a good rest.” With that said, their manager got up from his seat, checked to make sure he had locked the door, and went to take a shower. The four remaining EXO members were left alone, mulling over their own thoughts.

“I’m hungry,” Chanyeol spoke up amongst the silence.

“Seriously?” Chen gave Chanyeol a skeptical look. “Our members are missing and you’re thinking of food? I thought you feeling ill like the rest of us.”

“Well, I guess I’m just stressed out of course, but I just really want to eat right now!”

“Same here,” Kris agreed with his twin giant.

Suho and Chen both groaned. “How can you think of food right now!? I feel like I’m going to be sick,” Suho muttered.

Already near the refrigerator, the tallest members looked concerned at their shorter counterparts. “You guys are really sick aren’t you?” Chanyeol asked in concern. “I mean, you both threw up this morning and neither of you look to good. You're pretty pale, Suho-hyung.”

“Really?” Suho asked.

“Yeah,” said Kris. “And Chen….you look kinda….puffy?”

“Excuse me?” Chen inquired of Kris’ choice of words.

“Uh…well,” Kris didn’t really know what to say.

“What Kris-hyung means is that your face looks a little different,” Chanyeol tried to make up for his hyung’s lack of tactfulness. Chen got up from his seat slowly and went to a mirror they had near the entryway of the apartment. He now understood what Kris meant; he was puffy! He was always one of the skinniest members of the group and not to mention he was known for his high and defined cheekbones, but for some reason those cheekbones were hidden behind slightly chubby cheeks. Chen brought his hands up to his face, caressing his now chubby face. How did he get so swollen!? Did he suddenly develop an allergy to something overnight!?

“Why the heck do I look like Xiumin!?” Chen panicked.

Suho also go up to go to the mirror and was quite shocked to see himself looking paler than usual—he looked like a ghost!

“I don’t know, but here,” Chanyeol came over with an ice pack. “This should help with the swelling.” He then turned his attention to his leader. “I’m thinking you should go rest after you eat something, Suho-hyung. Want a miso soup broth?”

Suho, a little stunned by his dongsang taking charge so quickly, meekly nodded.

“Great!” Chanyeol turned back to Kris. “Kris-hyung, can you please get—hey! What’s wrong?”

Suho and Chen removed their gaze from the mirror to where they could see that Kris was hunched over the kitchen table with one gripping the chair and the other on his head as if he was worn out in exhaustion.

Suho rushed over to Kris, taking ahold of his shoulders. “Kris? Kris, what’s wrong!”

Kris took short panicked breaths as he struggled to communicate. “I….don’t know…just….feel….f—“ Before he could even finish, Kris lost consciousness. Suho, along with Chanyeol’s help, caught Kris before he fell and the floor and guided towards the floor until his head rested in Suho’s lap.

“Kris! Kris, wake up! This is not funny, Kris!” Suho shouted as he gently, but firmly, slapped his co-leader’s cheek. However, Kris was not faking—he really fainted!

“His pulse seems low!” Chen claimed, inspecting his leader’s arm.

Now it was Chanyeol’s turn to look at Chen skeptically. “How would you know that? You’re not a doctor!”

“This is basic emergency tips, Genius!” Chen counterned.

Suho ignored their bickering and tried to think of what to do. “Chen, go get manager-hyung! Chanyeol, help me get Kris to the couch!”

The younger members obeyed, but as Chanyeol lifted Kris’ heavy body to the couch, he couldn’t help but wail out loud, “What is going on with us!?”