FIVE

Cursed.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"W-What.." he man in black grunted while grasping his chest. "How is that possible?!" He stared at the three as they stood in front of the gates of Baekhyun's old property. Baekhyun looked down to Na Mi as she began to wake up within minutes of time passing. She grunted and clutched her upper chest. The burning senstion escaping her chest. "Nam, what's going on? What's wrong?" Baekhyun questioned as he stared at the glowing green. Her eyes blinked as she ripped the object from her neck. She held in front of Joonmyun, Baekhyun, and herself. "An amulet." 

"Appa," she frowned while staring at her father, who laid in his bed with pain, "what is this?" She questioned while fiddling with the amulet wrapped around her neck. Her father stared at her before reaching out to point, "It's the only protection I can give you when you're away from home. I planned to give it to you on your birthday, but things have come to a change and the evil spirit is growing stronger." Na Mi frowned at the sight of her father coughing. She took his hand and patted it gently with a smile. "Nothing will harm me, appa. Don't worry." 

Her father sighed and nodded, "Just promise me, promise me that you won't take it off. No matter what the circumstance is." She looked down at the green amulet pressed against her fingers before she looked up and nodded slowly. "I promise." 

"What—What does it do?" Joonmyun asked while eyeing his assisant. Na Mi looked to him and shrugged, stating that it was just protection. She placed it back on and stood up with trouble. "You sir, messed with the wrong person." She moved her legs to rest inches away from each other.

 

NA MI

The ponder in my head grew weaker as the man in black continously laughed as I stepped closer. The amulet glowed brighter as he gave off a scream. "T-This," he uttered. His hands covered his face as I stood there without a flinch. "this isn't over!" He shouted as he vanished. My eyes wandered around before landing it on the amulet. It served as my protector and my warning. Something that I promised my father to cherish, even if he's not around. 

The breath I held in released as my hand clutched my chest, my legs weakened to the point that I dropped to the ground. And having to hear both gasps from Joonmyun and Baekhyun wasn't pleasant either. "Are you alright?" Joonmyun asked. My head turned to him as my eyes squinted with pain, nodding my head to him with strength. "Y-Yeah," I announced, "l-let's just go inside there." Baekhyun shook his head and pointed directly at me. "I'm taking you home. You're in no strength to go discovering, Ahn Na Mi." I frowned and shook my head in rejection. "Take me in there, oppa. I need to know what or who is in there. I'm not giving up, oppa. You know that!" With a short exclaimed, he gave in immediately. He helped me up as I stumbled back towards the gate. My arms tugged on the gate with weaken strength. 

"You know," I turned my head back to them, "it would be nice if the two guys with strength actually helped me." A short glare was given to them as I moved back. The two coughed and walked towards the gate, tugging with grunts. "Hey! Whoever is in there, please open the gate! We just want to help. Please, just let me help." My body weakened against the gate as all of a sudden, the gate popped open to my surprise. With my eyes widen, I looked at the opening before looking to the two boys. "Well, well," a small grin tugged on my lips as I walked slowly through the gates. 

My arm reached over to loop through Baekhyun's when I shortly realized that it wasn't him. I looked up and blinked, only to be making eye contact with Joonmyun. He gave a weak smile and nodded his head as we walked in through the gates. 

Soon after, my body flinched to the sound of a loud shriek. "Did.. did you hear that?" I glomped while clutching my arm tighter around Joonmyun's. Baekhyun nodded from a distance as we walked in further. "I think it came from the back." He suggested as walked in front of us. My hand reached into my back pocket for my phone, shining the flash to see through the darkness. 

Finally reaching the back of the house, my memory bombarded through me—back to when everything was fine and happy. A small chuckle grew fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter