Chapter 5

Jongkey fic

Key’s POV

            “Hey guy’s!” Sun yelled as she ran down the steps and hugged me tightly.

“Hey Sun!” I laughed looking at the outfit she put together this time.

She was wearing denim skinny jeans, a white flowy top, black cardigan, a hat and some black snow boots put together with some jewelry.

“I threw some things together do you think it looks good!?” She asked and I smiled and nodded at our Fashionista as Yubin jumped onto my back almost pulling me down.

“Key, don’t pay attention to her she made us almost late!” Yubin grumbled as she got off and Sun pouted.

“Just because I think fashion is important doesn’t mean it was my fault we were late, Sohee was outside playing basket ball!” She protested.

“Minho does the same thing and he’s my ride to school.” Onew added and Minho looked at the ground embarrassed.

“Yay! I thought I was the only one, they all think I’m crazy.” Sohee cheered and Minho smiled at her.

“Alright let’s go I’m bored.” Taemin grumbled pulling me along.

“What was that about?” I asked as we walked further away.

“What do you mean, I just didn’t want to sit there.” He mumbled.

“Are you okay?” Sohee asked as her and Sunmi caught up with us.

“Yeah I’m fine.” Taemin pouted and they both looked at me before they pulled him into a hug.

“Hug attack!” They shouted.

“What are you…” They all three fell and started laughing.

“Sorry our love was too powerful!” Sohee joked as she helped him and Sunmi both up.

“Thanks, I feel better.” He laughed as the guy’s caught up.

“Awe!” Sohee gushed.

She looked over and I noticed that Minho was watching them closely before she kissed Taemin’s cheek and grabbed our hands pulling us both to the house.

“Sohee why did you do that?” Taemin asked blushing.

“Come on I’m not that stupid, Minho and you totally like each other and you never have to worry about me getting in the way.” She replied and his face got redder but he nodded.

“Ooh you have to tell me more about this later.” I added and he smacked both of us lightly as the others walked up.

 Minho unlocked the door and we all filed in, Taemin taking the lead as he walked into the kitchen.

“Hello Taemin.” A woman who I assumed was Minho’s mother replied.

 “Hi what are you making?” He asked hoping over beside her.

“It’s a surprise but by the crowd I might have to make a lot more.” She laughed noticing the large group of kids.

“It’s no worry we’ll be gone before dinner is served but thank you for the offer.” Sohee replied politely.

“Well you all have fun and stay warm.” She said before turning back around to continue cooking.

“This way guy’s!” Minho lead us all to the basement that had obviously been turned into a large gaming room.

“Whoa!” Yubin blurted as her and Sun both rushed over to an air hockey table.

“Look a basket ball game!” Sohee pointed as she pulled Taemin over with her.

“Come on let’s play this game.” Jjong said as he pulled the rest of us to a game system.

“We have to take turns so Bummie and I get to go first.” He stated.

“It’s Minho’s system he should go first.” I replied.

“Fine then you get next turn after me.” I sat down next to Sunmi who chuckled.

“What’s so funny?” I whispered as everyone started getting way into their games.

“You and Jonghyun, are you two going to date?” She asked and I felt my face heat up.

“What? Me and Jjong no I don’t like him like that.” I replied and she continued laughing.

“Hey what’s so funny now?” I grumbled.

“You are come on Key it’s so obvious I know there’s something there, you guy’s act way to comfortable around each other.” She replied and I sighed.

“He’s my friend and that’s all he’ll be I don’t know why you all are trying to set up things that just aren’t going to happen.” I scoffed trying to show I didn’t care because I honestly didn’t.

“Alright maybe there will be but I guess for now there’s nothing there.” She replied buying it.

“Bummie! I’m going to win this game for you!” Jjong blurted.

“No I’m going to win, sorry Kibum but I have to beat your Jjong.” Minho laughed as he pushed Jjong over the edge of the cliff resulting in his defeat.

“What! No fair I call a rematch right now!” He pouted.

“It’s Bummie’s turn now remember.” Minho mocked.

“No please continue I’m having more fun watching.” I replied and they started another round.

“Stupid frog.” Jjong grumbled.

“Dumb Dino face.” Minho replied and I rolled my eyes before calling Sekyung to check up on my new job.

“Hello?” Her voice rang.

“Hey I was just checking up on work.” I replied so she knew it was me.

“Oh Key thank god you called, we’re in the middle of a huge rush do you think you can come help out we’re short staffed?” She pleaded and I looked around.

“Yeah I’ll be there in a few.” I replied hanging up and turning to Sunmi who was the only one not glued to some type of game.

“If anyone asks where I went tell them I had to run to the café they need help.” I said and she pouted.

“Can I come with you I’ll write a note and leave it here.” She whined and I sighed.

“Fine but hurry we have to get there soon.” I replied before walking up the stairs.

“I’m done let’s go!” She said and we met Minho’s mother as we walked to the door.

“Goodbye I hope Minho didn’t scare you off.” She said smiling.

“Thank you for having us, I have to leave early my work is busy and needs help.” I replied before bowing and leaving.

“Do you know the café is at least a few blocks from here?” Sunmi asked and I nodded.

“We have to run it.” I replied and she nodded.

We both took off into the cold air and ran down street after street until something looked familiar, it was the sign for the clothing shop Yenny stopped by when we first arrived in town.

“It’s just over there.” I huffed as we ran quickly to the opening that was practically full of people.

“Excuse us, coming through, more workers.” Sunmi chanted as we pushed to the front and eventually made it to the counter.

“Key there you are, you apron’s in the back.” Sekyung said as she started was writing order after order. 

“I’ll help!” Sunmi offered and Sekyung thought about it before nodding.

“Come on.” I pulled her behind the counter and we both quickly tossed our coat’s onto a chair and put on our aprons.

“Kibum you start making the order’s and what’s your name?” Sekyung stated before she turned to Sunmi.

“I’m Sunmi Key’s best friend.” Sunmi replied smiling.

“I’m Sekyung thanks for the help, you can start serving.” She said and we both nodded quickly getting to work.

It was a matter of no time before the place was quieted down, full but quiet. Sunmi and Sekyung sighed and leaned back against the counter I couldn’t blame them we all felt drained.

“Here I think we could all use some.” Sekyung said as she gave us each a cup of warm hot chocolate.

“Mmm!” Sunmi sighed as she took a drink and sat on one of the step stools.

“Agreed well needed.” I replied as I sipped on the warm liquid.

“Thank you both, Sunmi if you want we wouldn’t mind having someone like you on board.” Sekyung said.

“Really!” She replied smiling and Sekyung nodded.

“Awesome, I can’t wait to tell the girl’s I have a job…but wait I can’t we don’t live here.” She frowned.

“Remember you don’t have school for a while and Umma and Appa are staying somewhere else so you can just move in.” I replied.

I knew Sekyung was a good friend but I didn’t want her to worry by bringing up anything about Umma.

“Yay! Thank you Key!” She cheered hoping up and hugging me.

“Awe you two!” Sekyung said and we both laughed.

“No it’s not like that Key’s like my brother, and besides I’m not really his type.” Sunmi replied and I elbowed her as my cheeks burned.

“I’m confused.” She said raising an eyebrow.

“It’s not important, how did you get in this mess anyway?” I asked changing the subject.

“Well most of the other workers went on strike because a few weeks ago we had a problem with someone stealing money out of the drawer but it’s not like anyone was blamed.” She replied.

“So they all just up and walked out?” Sunmi asked and she nodded.

“They picked the best day to do it.” She replied.

“Well it’s a good thing we got here.” Sunmi said hoping up on the counter.

“Yeah I don’t know what I would have done without you two.” Sekyung replied as my phone started vibrating in my pocket.

 

 To: Bummie

From: Dino

“Where did you go L”

 

 To: Dino

From: Bummie

“They needed help at the coffee shop I’ll be back soon we’re getting ready to leave.”

 

“I take it that’s your Q to leave?” Sekyung asked and I sighed and nodded.

“Awe we enjoyed working with you!” Sunmi said jumping off the counter and hugging her, Sunmi has a thing for hugging people.

“Thanks and congrats to both of you for becoming part of the business, I’ll see you two tomorrow right after school for your official first day.” She replied laughing.

We took off our aprons and waved goodbye as we exited the shop, it was only 8 at night but it still managed to be just as dark as night.

“Come on.” I said as I saw some shadows that was probably just my eye’s fooling me.

“I didn’t know it was this dark outside.” Sunmi whispered and I nodded as I felt my phone vibrate again.

 

 To: Bummie

From: Dino

“We’re already at your house, Minho had to eat and we dropped Yenny off. Do you want us to come pick you up?”

I squinted in the dark as the illuminating screen blinded us, and rolled my eyes at the text.

 

 To: Dino

From: Bummie

“No we’re almost there and thank you for dropping off Yenny.”

 

“Key.” Sunmi whispered stopping.

“Sunmi I told you we’re perfectly fine there’s nothing out there.” I replied as I continued walking just for her to pull me back.

“There’s a dog over there.” She whispered and I looked where she was pointing.

Sure enough there was one of our neighbor’s dogs in an alley right next to our house. I remember Taemin telling me something about the dog’s being mean. They can’t be that mean, there’s no way they would be allowed to stay here if they were.

“It’s fine, it’s just a dog.” I replied pulling her along.

We quickly walked by but I completely forgot about the large patch of ice in front of my house and we both slipped, falling hard. I heard the noise of the can around the side tip over and the dog turned the corner growling at us viciously. Sunmi screamed as she scrambled up and ran over to me, I was in to much shock to move. It it’s teeth like we were it’s prey and it’s growl was low and menacing.

“What’s going on outside?” I heard someone asked from my front porch.

Before I had time to think I was pulled to my feet and drug inside before the beast could attack, I looked around and noticed everyone excluding Minho in my living room looking at me with terrified expressions.

“Are you hurt anywhere, did it bite you?” I looked up and noticed it was Jonghyun who had pulled us inside and he was looking over me to check for any wounds.

“I’m fine.” I replied looking at Sunmi who was sitting on the couch curled up to Sun and Sohee crying.

“I-I’m sorry!” I blurted before pushing away and running up the stairs to my bedroom slamming the door shut.

I was so stupid, I froze and Sunmi could have gotten hurt. Now that I think back she was crying for me to get up but I wouldn’t, I was to fixated on the dog to run. I sat in my bed and curled up into a tight ball, the guilt wouldn’t let me even face her.

“Kibum can I come in?” Jonghyun asked quietly but I couldn’t talk I didn’t trust my voice right now.

“Well I didn’t hear a no so I’m coming in.” He added after a few minute’s.

I heard the door close and felt the bed dip beside me before he placed a hand on my back. I bit back the tears I was trying to avoid shedding and looked up.

“There you are.” He smiled and I scoffed.

“What do you want?” I asked laying my head on his shoulder.

“Demanding aren’t we?” He joked and I punched him in his side.

“Ow okay sorry, I came up here to see if you were alright.” He asked as his thumb started rubbing slow circles on my back.

“I’m fine.” I replied fighting the sleep he only egged on.

“But…” I sighed and sat up pushing his arm away.

“Stop that I might fall asleep.” I grumbled.

“Come on Bummie tell me what’s wrong if you were fine you wouldn’t have ran up here.” He asked.

“I did nothing that’s what’s wrong, I just sat there and she tried to pull me but I didn’t move. I mean did you see how scared she was, It’s all my fault.” I blurted and he started laughing.

“What’s so funny!?” I asked throwing a pillow at his face.

“That’s why your upset, Key she’s not mad she was scared because she was worried about you.” He laughed and I looked at him in shock.

“But I’m fine.” I replied.

“Bummie you may be fine but your not invincible, she was just shaken up go ask her yourself.” He stood up and held his hand out for me.

I let him pull me up off the bed and we walked downstairs, where Sunmi was talking with everyone like nothing happened.

“Look who I got to come out.” Jonghyun said and Sunmi ran and hugged me tightly.

“I’m so sorry!” She blurted and I slowly hugged her back.

“Don’t be I’m sorry.” I replied and she smiled pulling away.

“Well we’ll see you guy’s tomorrow at school!” Onew butted in as he waved and pulled Jonghyun out.

“So I got a new job!” Sunmi blurted breaking the awkward silence.

They started talking about her new job and I took the opportunity to sneak up to my room and lay down, I had a stressful day and all I wanted was some sleep.


Hey guy's I'm terribly sorry for being late once again but my computer was attack by a virus and it held all my files so i preety much lost a lot of work :/ but i'm slowly catching back up and i'll try to be better in the future.

Love you guys! <3

BYE!!!