Chapter 4

Jongkey fic

Key’s POV

            “Well who do we have here?” A tall man in dark clothing said as he and and two other’s stalked over to where I was currently sitting.

We were in a small park and I was sitting on a bench enjoying my time when they had deemed it necessary to interrupt it. I looked up and noticed Woo Bin my current ex-boyfriend who was a little over protective of me, he always wanted to know where I was and what I was doing. The more I thought about it the more I realized that Woo Bin was just controlling me, I had talked to him about it earlier and he said that I was being selfish and he couldn’t deal with me anymore.

“Go away!” I grumble standing up and walking over towards the swing set.

I had gotten three fourths of the way there when a foot hooked around my ankle and caused me to fall forward, I tried to catch myself but my head collided with the pole to quickly for me to be able to stop it. I groaned in pain when I finally made it to the ground my head feeling as though it was split into two pieces. Woo Bin stood over me with a smug smile and caressed my cheek lovingly but I already knew it was a lie.

“You know I don’t love you and I never did, I wasn’t even gay it was a bet that I had going with someone.” He laughed as if reading my mind.

I bit my lip trying not to lose my cool and scream at him for being the worlds biggest pair of douche pant’s.

“Then why?” My voice came out exactly how I wanted it cold and filled with hate.

“Why what? Why I did it? Why I stayed with you for so long? Why I kissed you goodnight when your mother was in the hospital? Well that’s easy to answer you were a pity case what else was I suppose to do?” He mocked and I turned my head to the side no longer able to face him directly as he went on.

“I can’t believe you actually thought I liked you like that, it’s sick and so are you.” I felt warm tears slide down my face.

I heard rustling as he got up before feeling a heavy blow to my side which caused me to cry out in pain and curl up. I looked at him in shock he’s never hit me before let alone kick me. Before I could give it another thought he pulled me up by my collar shoving me against the swing set pole, I hissed as it shot pain through my spine. He pulled his arm back and seconds later it connected with my stomach in which I doubled over in pain. I gasped for air and he let me fall to the ground which I curled into a ball again. I hated myself for being so weak I really did but as I looked up my blood ran cold when I notice the gun one of the other guy’s held was pointing directly at me.

“Please don’t do this…I…” Woo Bin busted out laughing.

“You what? You love me…Oh that’s precious isn’t it, you make me sick.” He said.

“Key wake up.” The guy behind mouthed him though the voice didn’t sound like his and I looked at him confused barely able to see him behind my tears.

“Key!” I was suddenly ripped out of my dream and jolted awake panting and sweating as I grabbed my chest.

Yenny was sitting on the foot of my bed and I notice it was light outside from what I could barely see. She gave me a startled look and I instantly pulled her into a hug, tears flowing out of my eyes heavily. The second she hugged back I could help but sob into the crook of her neck, we were twins and I always had a special bond with Yenny she’s the only person who’s been with me through my whole screwed up life.

“Shh it was only a dream.” She whispered.

“It wasn’t a dream…it was a nightmare and… he was there too.” I said as quietly as I could in my broken state.

That was the worst day of my entire life and my subconscious decided to rerun it right after facing him yesterday; sort of anyway considering I was too afraid to actually look him in the face. He had way to much power over me and I hate it more than anything, the Almighty Key can’t be hurt by anyone and I’ll make sure it stay’s that way.

“I know I’m sorry.” She replied and we stayed like that until Sun peeked into the room and walked over to me as I looked up at her from over Yenny’s shoulder.

“Awe sweetie.” She said hugging me and Yenny both.

“Sun I’m alright.” I replied wiping my eyes and throwing a smile at her.

“You woke me up so I know your not okay.” She said putting her hand’s on her hips and looking at me with a worried expression.

“Really I’m okay now get out you two I need to get dressed.” I replied waving my hands towards them.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

            All of us were waiting by the door for Taemin, Key and Yenny who usually walk here but today they all hoped out of a black SUV.

“Hey guys!” Yubin yelled waving to us all and we waved back.

Key was in an oversized pink sweater and regular skinny jeans along with white snow boots and Taemin was wearing the same thing but a light blue color.

“Look we have matching outfits!” Taemin said as he linked arms with Key and started jumping up and down.

“We decided to get them a present.” Yenny said poking Onew who smiled and blushed.

“So you helped out Onew hyung!?” Taemin asked smiling at him.

“Yeah but Minho told me your favorite color was blue.” He said smirking at Minho who blushed and looked at him wide eyed.

“Really!? Thank you hyung!” Taemin bounced over and pulled Minho into a hug who blushed and hug back slowly.

“Anything for you Minnie.” He said and Taemin smiled up at him before he grabbed Minho and Key dragging them inside while holding both their hands.

“Hey Jonghyun can I talk to you for a minute?” Yenny said grabbing my arm to stop me from following.

“Uh…sure.” I replied looking back at our group.

“I know I might be over reacting but Key isn’t doing so well after seeing Woo Bin and I was wondering if you could keep an eye on him because I’m worried.” She said and I looked back at him as he talked to Taemin.

“You know we all will, he’s our friend both of you are and we take care of our friends.” I replied and she smiled before hugging me and we walked in together.

“Jjong your not flirting with my sister too are you?” Key whispered as he walked up to me and my eyes widened.

“What!? No Yeobo you’re the only one for me.” I joked hugging him and he rolled his eyes smacking my hands away.

“Hey! Do you guy’s want to come over to my place after school?” Minho asked and we all passed around a questioning look before agreeing.

“Is it alright if the girl’s come their staying at our house for the mean time?” Yenny asked.

“Yeah their your friends which means their ours.” Onew replied after Minho agreed.

“It’s all settled let’s get you to class then.” Minho said placing an arm around Taemin’s shoulder’s before leading him away from the group.

“Crap I forgot my notebook for first period.” Key shouted as he took off down the hall and I followed leaving Yenny and Onew behind.

“Don’t freak out we still have a few minutes.” I explained leaning up against the locker beside him.

“I know but I don’t want to get in trouble.” He sighed shutting his locker.

I pushed off of it and followed him as we walked through the doors the bell rang and the teacher gave us a look of slight disappointment.

“That was close.” Key whispered to me as we sat down and I nodded in total agreement.

“Yeah it was, so how have you been?” I whispered back trying not to attracted the teachers attention.

“Good I guess, I’m sorry Jonghyun but if this is about yesterday just forget it, I’ve forgotten my past and I need to move on.” He sighed and I frowned but smiled as he looked at me.

“It’s not and I understand I wont ask about it again.” I replied playing off the little bit of hurt I felt.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to get snappy it’s just I’m stressed and tired.” He quickly said and I hugged him.

“It’s alright.” I assured and he smiled before pushing me away blushing lightly.

I wasn’t sure why but I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach and it was just because I made him blush. I’ve never had that affect on someone before, I was so going to use this to my advantage! We paid attention to the rest of class and both walked out together before being attacked by Taemin who hugged us.

“Taemin what are you doing?” Key asked laughing before he pulled away and we noticed he had tears in his eyes.

“Oh my god Taemin what happened?” I asked and Key instantly change to Umma mode.

“It was Heechul again he took my backpack and put it in his locker, I have really important stuff in there!” He cried hugging Key.

“Come on baby we’ll go get your stuff back right now!” Key grabbed his hand and pulled him along as he walked over to Heechul and his group.

I quickly followed after because I didn’t want Heechul to do anything stupid like hurt one of them. Key let go of Taemin’s hand who stayed beside me and walked up to them before settling his hands on his hips.

“Your Heechul right?” He demanded and Heechul turned around and smirked.

“Yes, now go away I don’t care to know you.” He brushed off turning back to his group.

“Yeah well I don’t care much for you either, you took Minnie’s things so give them back!” Key growled crossing his arms.

“Didn’t I tell you to leave!?”  He mocked looking down at Key before noticing me behind him.

“Didn’t I tell you to give him his stuff back!?” Key didn’t sound to happy and we both knew how scary he could be when he wanted.

“Fine whatever here’s your boyfriends things now go away and leave me alone or else next time you might not have your body guard around to protect you.” He tossed Taemin’s bag at Key who rolled his eyes and walked back to us before handing it back to Taemin.

“Thank you Umma! I was so afraid he would read my journal!” He said pulling out a light blue notebook with red swirls on the front.

“Your welcome Minnie no one messes with my son!” Key replied hugging him and pulling us towards the hallway.

“Hey and Key!” Heechul called and we all turned.

“I’d like to introduce you to our new group member.” The guy from the store yesterday made his way through the others and waved.

“Hey long time no see.” He replied smiling.

“Woo Bin, but you…you don’t…” He was in complete shock or terror I couldn’t tell from his face.

“Wow you do have the power to silence the almighty Key.” Heechul laughed and Key bit his lip.

“I moved here yesterday after our little meeting I figured we should catch up and be friends again.” I don’t know who this Woo Bin guy thinks he is but I know one thing I do not like him.

“Friends with you? Yeah right!” Key smirked recovering.

“Don’t try to act all tuff I know I get to you.” He laughed and I rolled my eyes before stepping in.

“Come on Key let’s go.” I said pushing him and Taemin towards the other hallway and stepped over to the group.

“I don’t care who you are but stay away from Key.” I warned Woo Bin.

“I’ll stay away from him but whether or not he stay’s away from me is up to him.” He replied in a smug voice and I glared at him before catching up with the others.

“Key Umma are you okay?” Taemin asked resting his hand on Key’s shoulder who looked at the ground.

“Yeah I’m fine.” He whispered looking up at him.

“Jonghyun what did he say to you?” Key turned to me and I noticed he was fighting tears which scared me, I’ve never seen him cry.

“He just told me that he knew you, Key who is he cause if you want me to I’ll beat him up.” I replied turning the last part into a joke.

“No it’s fine let’s just go cause it’s almost lunch and I’m starving.” He said and Taemin and I slowly followed behind.

“I don’t think I like that guy.” I whispered to Taemin who nodded.

“Me either I think he scare’s Key Umma.” He replied as we followed Key into the cafeteria where everyone else was already eating.

I went straight to the table while Key and Taemin walked to the line and sat down next to Onew who was chatting with everyone else.

“Jonghyun is everything alright?” Yenny asked and I knew she meant Key.

“I’m not sure do you know a Woo Bin?” I asked and her eyes looked around the cafeteria nervously.

“W-what about him?” She finally asked.

“I need to know who he is.” I replied and she sighed.

“I can’t tell you it’s none of my business all you need to know is that he isn’t a good person at all.” She said and I nodded remembering she was related to Key so I wasn’t going to get anything from her.

“Hey what are you guy’s talking about?” We looked up as Key and Taemin both sat down with their trays.

“Nothing important I’ll be right back Yeobo.” I replied going up to get my food.

When I was in the line Woo Bin smirked at me and looked at Key, my fists curled up almost causing me to drop my stuff but I ignored him and sat back down with everyone else.

 

Key’s POV

            I knew they were talking about me by the worried expressions everyone was tossing my way when they thought I wasn’t paying attention and it irritated me. The last thing I want is to be a bother to anyone else.

“I’m back!” Jjong said sitting next to me closer than normal.

“Hey Key Umma?” Taemin called but I didn’t look at him I was to busy staring out the window trying to get the sick feeling in my stomach to go away.

“Key!” He whined a little louder this time poking my arm.

“What Taeminnie?” I replied looking at him and he started laughing.

I finally looked down and realized in my day dream I knocked over my milk and it was slowly dripping onto my knee. I jumped away and quickly pulled out some napkins as everyone tried to pitch in and clean up my mess.

“Why didn’t anyone tell me!?” I whined crossing my arms as I looked down at my soaked knee.

“I tried to but you were daydreaming.” Taemin replied and I sighed before heading to the door.

“Where are you going?” Onew asked clearly to infatuated with my sister to pay any attention.

“To the bathroom to clean up.” I replied storming away irritated that I managed to mess up my outfit.

“Wait Key Umma I’ll follow you!” Taemin declared as he caught up with me.

“Thanks Minnie.” I replied and he smiled as we walked into the bathroom.

“Well how are my two favorite people in the whole school?” We had ran into Heechul who was sitting in the bathroom with three other guys.

“What do you want?” I asked rolling my eyes and grabbing some paper towels and started cleaning off my pants.

“U-umma.” Taemin whispered grabbing onto my arm and I looked at him and noticed he was staring behind me with a scared expression.

I didn’t even get a chance to look back at them before I was thrown to the ground and Taemin was shoved up against the wall by Heechul.

“You don’t ask the questions!” Heechul growled and I pushed off the floor with a burst of adrenaline, before shoving him away from and Taemin and running out, dragging Minnie with me.

“Key Umma.” Taemin said with a worried tone.

“Shh I know just keep running.” I ordered pulling him around the hallway until we got to a big set of doors that lead to the back of the school.

“What if they find us?” He asked as we stopped to catch our breath.

“Then I’ll handle them while you run.” I replied as we walked to the small wooded area and sat down on a old fallen tree.

“I’m sorry you got hurt.” He said in a small voice and I looked over at him confused.

“I didn’t get hurt they only pushed me and I’m fine, Taemin have you told anyone else about Heechul?” I asked and he bit his lip and shook his head.

“They know he’s mean to me but they don’t know he tries to beat me up.” He replied and I stood up.

“Then we’re going to tell them.” I stated walking back but he grabbed my hand and pulled me back down.

“Thank you for caring but I don’t want to tell them, I would be a burden.” He said and I nodded I knew how he felt and even if we were to tell them it would only get them hurt too.

“Okay I wont tell them as long as you make sure your always with someone so they wont hurt you again.” I replied and his eyes lit up.

“Really!? Thank you Umma and I pinkie promise.” He said sticking out his pinkie.

I couldn’t help but laugh as we hooked pinkies and leaned back enjoying the white blankets of snow surrounding us until the last bell of the day rang.

“Key Umma come on were going to Minho hyungs house!” He said jumping around cheerfully before pulling me along with him to the group where everyone was.

“Hey Key where were you we looked for you in our last class?” Onew asked and I put a fake smile on.

“I had to meet with the counselor since I am a new student to talk to her about how its been going so far.” I replied hoping it was convincing enough.

“I’m a new student too why didn’t they call me down?” Yenny asked and I mentally face palmed.

“They uh- they didn’t call you because your my sister and I can tell you everything later but right now we need to get ahold of the girls so we can hang out at Minho’s house.” I replied and everyone seemed to buy it even if Yenny was a little suspicious she would probly forget about it later.


I know i know i'm an awful human being for not updating but i've had some issue's i had to deal with and i'll try to become more reliable in the future.

Anyway love you all! :D

BYE!!!