Bubbly

Passerby

Bubbly

BGM : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FjRyV-Mqh4

 

He burst through the door as he panted trying to regain his lost energy.

“T-too much running.” He groaned as he wiped off the beads of sweats forming on his forehead.

“Arghhh.. Now I’m going to miss my basketball practice!” Yonghwa took a short glance at his wrist watch.

“ashfg..” A soft voice was mumbling something… He almost tripped in surprised with the sudden discovery of a soft feminine voice.

He roamed his eyes around the rooftop trying to discover the source of the voice. He took a shush step towards the girl who was holding a red book on her lap.

She was beautiful.. No beautiful will be undermining her. She was gorgeous. She was wearing this, red rimmed glasses as her jet black hair fell shortly below her shoulder. Although the soft windy breeze was making it tougher for him to see her face as her hair was flying softly.. he managed to see her cute little button nose that has this small bump on it. It’s not too pointy. It looks pretty kissable for him while her cheeks were chubby and clearly pinchable.

There just something about her side profile that felt so breathtaking to him. It might be because of the enviable setting and the help of the sunlight shining through her fixtures helping her to accentuate her already pretty face to him.

“Hmm..” She squinted her eyes, obviously dismayed over the glaring sunlight showing its power over this weak human in front of it. Like a gentleman he was, he lifted up a vase with this shady green plant on it and put it in front of her. He avoided staring at her again and instead wrote something on the pages of the open book before closing it and put it besides her.

‘I guess this usable pencil key chain, come in handy too.’ He thought to himself.

He grinned sheepishly at the sight of what seems to be a slightly younger girl that he was..

He felt something that day.. something pretty much silly on his side. He thinks he has a crush on this girl.

It’s embarrassing, really.

 ‘You should close your book if not the knowledge will come out. Isn’t that a common knowledge? And oh you shouldn’t doze off at place like this, it’s dangerous.’

-Curious passerby-

***

Yonghwa stared absent mindedly at the sight of the junior students eating their lunch near the track field from the corner of the classroom. He believed she was a junior student… It’s hard to erase the image of her in his mind. It’s hard to get rid of this thumping stuff he was feeling when he saw her.

Well.. a man got to admire a pretty lady if he doesn’t have one himself right? It’s not his fault for liking pretty lady. He’s a teenage dude for freak sake and she’s a pretty girl. What’s wrong with having a crush?

He laid his head to rest, smiling thinking of how cute she was mumbling incoherent noises in her sleep. His eyes grew heavy as the time goes by and he felt the cupid was calling him to enjoy a sweet dream before the teacher came in. Well, why not?

“Jung Yonghwa!” The teacher yelled from across the room.

He abruptly stood up and shouted. “I think I’ve a crush on a sleeping damsel!”

The class grew silent due to his declaration as they directed their teasing gazes at him, suppressing their giggles when the teacher just stared incredulously at him.

Their silent teasing stopped when he tried to brush it off stupidly by showing his Korean language book that has been untouched on his table… as if trying to say that he was reading it before. It only grew into a ‘hooting’ sound from his classmates as they cheered loudly with their hand clapping in amusement.

“Someone got a crush!”

“What’s her name dude?!”

“You got it bad dude..”

“Silent!” His homeroom teacher shouted with his loud stern voice.

“Jung Yonghwa, I admire your passion to scream it like that. You should open page 69 by now. Let’s continue out class.”

He was shocked and it showed on his face as his jaw was clearly hanging but well he was pleasantly shock he must say. He flipped the pages, happily… only to be stopped again.

“But, you doze off in my class.. And you’re actually the sleeping dude here not your crush. I will enlighten you with your punishment after class.” The teacher paused before letting out a sarcastic “hopeless boy..” from his mouth.

It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that his classmates spent no effort in holding their laughter over his miserable fate at all.

***

Seohyun sat down on her seat, pondering to herself as she studied the handwriting in the book when her loud unniedul started to form a circle around her and started to chat loudly about their ‘dramatic’ lives. How can a book worm sat among these popular girls? Well it’s quite easy actually. She was a friend with Yoona who was closed with these girls and she knew Jessica that loved to offer a sit on her lap cooing her up like a little baby.

“What’s with the intense staring? You haven’t moved a page yet.” Hwanhee noticed the weird behavior of her bestfriend.

“I don’t know. I woke up and I saw this.” Seohyun pushed her book to Hwanhee, pointing to the small written letter at the corner of the page.

"You should stop sleeping everywhere you could Seohyun. You should just sleep in our English class it's boring." Taeyeon interrupted.

“Awh… It’s so cute. He must be a charming lad.” Yoona took a peek at the page after ushering Taeyeon who was a year older that she is to go to her extra class.

“We don’t even know if this person is a guy.” Seohyun whined protesting her bestfriend giddiness.

“It’s a guy. Believe me.” Yoona answered as it’s a fact that everyone knows.

‘A guy?’ She wondered..

Yoona looked at Seohyun like she was about to see another world war. “Yaa. Do you have a crush on this person?!” Yoona lets out a small shrieked but loud enough for her classmates to hear.

“No!” Seohyun answered defensively at those two teasing eyes as she shook her hand in denial, not noticing the clear blush was evident on her cheeks. Thankfully, her classmates are mostly gone and those who are still inside are busy talking to each other to notice the amusing conversation that they just had.

“I can’t believe this day will come.” Yoona gushed to herself giddily.

“Is he a stalker or what?” Hwanhee asked cryptically.

“It’s just once Hwanhee ahh. He’s not a stalker. I think he’s a good person.” Seohyun ignored those two who was still lingering on her table and tidied up her books and putting it back on her bagpack.

“Awhh you think he’s a good person.” Yoona squealed delightedly.

“But my precious book is ruined now.”

Yoona face fell flat as she stared at the maknae ready to eat her up. “I should have known!”

“Well, at least it looks like she’s able to crush on someone.” Hwanhee pats Yoona back pitying her.

“I didn’t even know him, so how am I even be able to have a crush on him.” She mumbled.

***

Yonghwa was stacking up the books as he lines it up perfectly on the old bookshelf. He huffed in relief as he put on the last book back to its designated place. He brushed the dust on his palms, admiring his skills for arranging. He might be a troublemaker but he must be a meticulous one. It’s in his triple A blood nature after all. He was about to walk out of the library when he noticed yet again a sleeping figure on one of the library desk. The books on it was scattered all over the desk. It was a mess.

‘What is it about him with sleeping people lately?’ He sighed as he inserted both of his hands on his pants pockets, ready to well ignore and go out of the library.

“It should be an A minor note, then only it should change to the C…sdf”

Yonghwa tried to stifle his laughter as he moved towards the sleeping figure. Same girl! He chuckled to himself and tried to read her written notes to what it seems like a diary. It’s a guitar notes. Does she play guitar too?

‘Beginner handbook’

‘I should help her with this..’ Yonghwa pulled the chair without creating any noise and started to correct some major flaws in it.

He closed her diary and stole a glance at the sleeping figure besides him.

Is it possible for her to even get prettier in just like a few days?

Her face was now bared for him to look at as she was dozing off facing him. Her left cheek was distorted as it nuzzled on her arms. Her red rimmed glass was no longer there hiding her aegyo sal. He lifts, her head gently and positioned it on the soft book.

‘I don’t know why you are trying some guitar notes out but I’m a pretty good guitar player myself. I should help a beginner right? That’s why I help you fix some of the notes. :)’

-Expert passerby-

***

“Don’t tell me, again?!” Yonghwa chuckled amusingly as he stopped his step right infront of the slightly open brown door.

“This girl is something for sure.” The door produced a slow creek sound as he pushed it slowly to enter the music room feeling quite amused with her dangling hair as it laid rest on the grand piano.

He took the piece of paper that she has been scribbling something on and ran with it to the next door music room testing the piece of music on it using the piano.

“Wowww.. This is hard to play but the sound is nice.” He exclaimed to himself and went back to the room that she was sleeping at, his mouth was still agape.

“Here you go, genius.” Yonghwa helped clean up the mess in the room with number of crumple papers and threw it on the basket before making his way out of the music room only to meet his sunbae that was busy carrying towering papers that was about to drop on the floor.

“Oh..” Yonghwa helped to stable it back with his hands.

“Oh, Thanks Yonghwa yaa.”

“Tough being a School Council President right, Changmin hyung?” Yonghwa asked concern.

“More so.. but our vice president is hard at work too.” He signaled to the person inside of the music room.

‘Oh that sleeping girl is the school vice president.’

“So you and her alone in a room?”

“How you know it’s a her? I thought you never participate on knowing more about the school other than your basketball team and band?”

“The door was slightly open.”

“But you take a peek in? I don’t know you have it in you.” Changmin smirked teasingly.

“Aniyoo..”

“Well, she’s oblivious to the boys feelings towards her though so it’s a bit hard to go out with her.”

“How you know?”

“I have a crush on her before.” Changmin erupted into fits of laughter seeing the solemn Jung Yonghwa face. “I repeat ‘before’ and I’m not going to be alone with her in the room. Taeyeon will be dropping by.”

“Seo Joohyun!?” Few minutes later, Taeyeon dropped by to see the maknae progressed only to find her sleeping in the music room. “You’re sleeping again… Are you that tired?”

“See, you woke her up!” Changmin exclaimed. “It’s not easy to be quiet just to let her sleep you know. My effort is wasted.”

“Did not oppa, I have quite a good sleep.”

“You’re overworking yourself Joohyun.”

“Get some sleep at home Hyunnie.” Changmin advices the younger girl.

“I can’t, I need to redo it. It’s not...” Seohyun grabbed the piece of paper ready to throw it away when she noticed the same handwriting again.

‘I’m sorry for meddling in again but there just something about you that makes me want to give a helping hand. I guess you’re an expert piano player. This piece is extraordinary. I can’t play the mid part though, it’s tough. Good job by the way.’

-Amateur passerby-

“Its not?” Taeyeon asked the maknae again.

“It’s perfect. Nevermind unnie. See you guys tomorrow.”

***

Yonghwa saw how busied she was with events that the Student Council was supposed to organize before when he was passing through the meeting room. Supposedly, she is stepping up for Changmin absence who was preparing for his soon entrance exam. She’s quite a young soon to be ‘President’ then. It amazed him how different she was than her peers, she was still on her freshman year to even struggle for extra curriculum marks so it no wonders that she again dozed alone on the student council room checking all the proposals in the room herself.

He wanted to help her checked it up, but he doesn’t even know her nor that he knew how to copy her signature to give consent to some reliable proposals, so the least he could give was a carton of milk. A girl like her must have like banana or strawberry milk but he went ahead with banana because she doesn’t seem like your typical girl to impress.

He glanced over the wall clock and saw how late it was for a girl to be all alone in the school. He sighed to himself as he wrote another note to her.

‘You should stop your sleeping habit you know? It’s really dangerous. I saw you here around 6.00 pm.. I won’t be around you always you know? ;) Here, a milk to boost up your energy. I don’t know what kind of milk that you like but I figure a banana would do. Have strength vice president. PS, no sleeping everywhere you wanted anymore.’

-Concern passerby-

Seohyun stretches her arms with her acrobatic moves thanks to her flexible nature about 10 minutes later. She stifled in a yawn and looked on the table anticipating. Naturally, her lips formed into a small smile as she lifted the letter and read it.

“I’m done. Ne.. Yes, oppa you can pick me up now.” She finished the milk in one gulp.

Seohyun ran towards the awaiting bicycle in front of her and Yonghwa tried to run to catch up with her due to falling asleep while waiting for her to wake up. And there he saw Seohyun riding at the back of Changmin bicycle.

‘Are they dating or something?’ His face looked dejected as his shoulders droop low.

“Thanks for helping me out.”

“My responsibility oppa.”

 “You will make an excellent school president Seohyun.”

 “You should stop caring for me.. especially waiting.”

“Why?”

“I will make sure not to doze around everywhere… and besides I think I have some sort of guardian angel watching out for me. I think I saw him before.”

“Who? Your guardian angel? Do you recognize him?”

“I don’t… but I saw a guy sleeping so I don’t know. I just tap him on the shoulder and ran away.”

“Why you ran?!”

“I don’t know I got nervous when I talked with a man.”

“Am I not a man to you?”

“I know you since I was a kid oppa. That’s a different thing.”

“No, that’s only mean that you doesn’t view me romantically at all.”

“Yes, smart oppa.”

“But you view that sleeping man romantically?”

“No I don’t but he’s quite handsome.. he’s pretty familiar.” Seohyun felt a sudden heat was rushing through her cheeks and it felt weird.. it felt really weird.

“Guardian angel is not for liking though Joohyun.”

“I don’t like him geez. Now, can you send me home faster. I want to catch up with Keroro.”

***

It’s quite dejecting that he can never approach her anymore since he never saw her fallen asleep despite being really tired herself. Sometimes she did pulled an all-nighters for ‘The Battle of Brains’ competition or piano practice and some more of her ridiculous amount of activities but usually it’s with his close acquaintance who was not short of popularity in high school. They were pretty close knitted for someone with quite a contrasting personality though. She, Taeyeon and Yoona. Another shocker would be that the three of them each was from different years. Taeyeon was in the same years as he was, Yoona was a year younger than he was and Seohyun was two years younger than he was.

It’s interesting really to see the dynamic between them when they sat at one table. The sleeping girl will sit and read her book while the other two will start laughing crazily. One laugh would be like an alligator and the older one would be laughing like an ahjumma she is. Well he can’t say nothing about dynamic since he and his band mates differs a bit since he was the outgoing one from all of them.

She’s quite an amusing young girl. It was pretty obvious that he has been staring at her for around a week by now but she never noticed it despites those looks that her friends has been giving him. Sometimes, she even walked around reading her book bumping into whatever in front of her. Yes, she’s clumsy girl and it’s super cute. It’s not cute when she bumped into some buff dude and they started to flirt though.

Today morning is an important basketball match for him and most of the students were present to give them their support. It’s a home game and the win in this will lead them to the state competition.

Yonghwa managed to land a three pointer shoot so he waved at the crowd when he noticed she was there with her unniedul and her same age friends. It was quite a shocker to see her around since she was never the type to attend this kind of type. Rumor has it that since she’s going to replace Changmin she has been forced to socialize by her ever so lovely unnies. He guessed this is one of the social events.

Now, all he needed was to make her eyes peeled off from her book and started to pay attention to the game.. no. She needed to pay attention to him. She needed to notice him.

Yonghwa took his momentum and slammed the basketball into the hoop once he received the pass from Luhan.

Her eyes were confused as she stared at her unniedul that was slapping her body parts.

“We scored! We scored!” He smirked arrogantly when he noticed her eyes were finally directed to him.

And that’s it. He gave her a flirty wink causing the latter to widen her eyes in attempt to understand the familiar stranger action towards her.

“For you.” He mouthed for her.

The crowds went nuts again clearly seeing those flirty exchanged by the basketball captain and the soon to be ‘School President.’

“Do you have anything going on with him Hyunnie?”

“No, I’m not sure I even know him.”

“Not sure? It means that you might know him?”

“Yeah.. I think so.” Seohyun answered feeling dazed as she was glued watching the sweaty sportsman pouring his energy to secure a win for their school.

***

Yonghwa gently sat on the wooden bench, scooting closer to erase the distance between them at the backyard when he noticed how hungry those predator eyes are when they saw some pretty girl sleeping at an open place like that. How silly he must be to think that she already stopped with her silly sleeping habit.

He was still in his jersey and clearly still sweaty not even having the chance to shower yet. He hoped that she can’t smell in her sleep though. He gulped nervously before bringing her head closer to him in attempt to make her rest on his left shoulder. His heart was hammering like crazy and somersault was felt on his stomach once he felt her head on his left shoulder.

But that feeling can’t quite compared to the moment where she opened her eyes and showed her sparkly charming eyes blinking innocently to this random guy advance. To this daring guy who let her leaned on his shoulder.

“Uh… uh.. you look uncomfortable and some guys were eyeing you weirdly so uhh.. uhhh I mean I did this to you know..” Yonghwa stammered awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his head.

“Are you the guardian angel?”

“Hmm?”

“I mean are you the passerby?” She smiled anticipating his answer.

Wasn’t she supposed to be mad or something.

“Uhmm. If you mean about those small notes than yes I am. I’m Jung Yonghwa.” Yonghwa offered his hand for a handshake.

“Nice to finally meet you Jung Yonghwa sshi. I’m Seo Joohyun.” She accepted his handshake.

"Oppa. Do called me oppa."

"Passerby oppa then." She shook his hand and continued flaunting her twinkling eyes at him making his poor heart shoot into the moon.

‘I’m officially in love with a sleeping damsel, the name is Seo Joohyun. Hyun, I love you.’

-Your forever passerby-

 

You don't run with the crowd
You go your own way
You don't play after dark
You light up my day
Got your own kind of style
That sets you apart
Baby, that's why you captured my heart

Backstreet Boys (What Makes You Different, Makes You Beautiful)

 

 

Author's Note

A quick one shot. And yes, i haven't checked it. Inspired by Yongseo WGM after Busan episode where Yonghwa was calling the sleeping Seohyun. This story was mainly based on discovering Seohyun's random sleeping habits. I rarely write fluff by the way. LOL. Since this is a oneshot, like always.. you don't need to subscribe. Comments and upvotes on the other hand are always welcome.