Jeju-do

L.Joe's Bride

Chapter 15: Jeju-do

“So, you’re actually going to Jeju with him?”

Jiho’s voice sounded sad when he asked me this question.

I told him everything that happened in the company. All. As in every single detail. And that includes my trip to Jeju with Lee Byunghun.

I don’t remember agreeing to it, but Namjoo told me that it is in my schedule.

How in the world did that happen?

I nodded slowly and gazed at Jiho’s expression. We are in my pad since he doesn’t have schedules tomorrow.

“Are you mad?” I asked him.

Of course I have to ask him. Jiho has been there for me. He’s trying to make me fall for him again too. And I decided to make myself love him again as well.

I promised myself to stay away from L.Joe but here comes another problem.

Can there be some magic that would make L.Joe disappear in my life?

Jiho sighed and smiled weakly. “Do I have to be?” He asked back.

I softened at him and held his hand. “No.” I told him as I looked into his eyes. “You don’t have to be because that would just be a waste of your time.” I smiled to give him assurance.

Jiho has done everything to me. The last thing I could do for him is make him upset. I wouldn’t. Not when he gave me hope again.

Jiho smiled at me. “I know.” He replied. “And I won’t stress myself out thinking about it because this comeback alone stresses the hell out of me.” He messed his hair and leaned on the couch.

I looked at him and chuckled. “Congratulations!” I cheered him on. “I heard your song is doing well on the digital sales.” I beamed.

He looked at me and grinned. “That’s thanks to the BBCs who listened.” He replied.

I smiled. “Not just that.” I told him. “Your song was really good.” I added. “I even blasted it in our company stereo.” I laughed.

Jiho gave me a weird look. “You what?” He asked in disbelief.

I laughed at him and shrugged.

There is this one stereo in the company that is playing music for the entire company. You know, like the ones in the cafes. It’s actually the intercom. It serves as one way to release stress from paper works.

It plays songs from different generations. From the early times to the present. I called it Stress Reliever Stereo. When you’re stressed, you listen to music to calm your senses down for a bit, to think better.

And yes, I played the whole Block B album for 2 straight hours. I don’t care. I want to listen to their songs.

“They loved it.” I replied to him. “I mean, I played your album and now, they are asking me to play your past songs.” I grinned at him.

He gave me a look. “Are you…” His voice trailed. “…trying to impress me?” He raised his brow at me. He looks at me so meaningfully. I know he is teasing me.

I chuckled at me. “I wouldn’t do it if I’m not.” I replied and he pulled me close to him.

“Don’t act so sweet, Hana.” He told me. “I may forget that you’re still healing and would kiss you right here right now.” He beamed.

I automatically flushed upon hearing his words but then I still smiled at him. This is the Woo Jiho magic. I think I don’t have to get used to this because if I did, I might miss the great feeling.

“Don’t smile at me blushing like that!” He beamed at me and I chuckled at him.

How can I not fall for this man?

Then suddenly, an idea came to my mind. “Why don’t you come to Jeju?” I asked him. Honestly, I’d be more at peace if Jiho is with me.

He smiled at me. “I would love to. So, can you tell L.Joe to move it after our comeback era?” He asked me. I guess, he knows that it is impossible for him to come.

I frowned. “I doubt.” I replied. “He is so into starting the project already!” I beamed.

Yes. He wanted to start the resort project as soon as possible. Like he is running out of time. Psh.

Jiho chuckled. “Or maybe he’s so into going to Jeju with you.” He said as he munched the fruits down.

I gave him a look. “Don’t say that.” I told him. “You’re just making me feel like I’m doing a big crime.” I pouted.

Jiho chuckled and wrapped his arm around my waist. “Hana, you’re not doing the big crime. He is.” He told me. “He’s tied but he wants you. It’s not right.” He finished. “So, don’t bring yourself down because I would not love you less if you went there with him alone or not.”

I smiled at him. Why does he always say the right words?

--

“Where’s Namjoo?”

I looked around L.Joe to look for Namjoo but she is nowhere to be found.

Today is the day that we are going to Jeju and I swear I asked Namjoo to come with us. I don’t want to be alone overnight with L.Joe. That would just stress Jiho more. That’s why I asked Namjoo to come with us.

But where is Namjoo now?

L.Joe is standing in front of the door of my pad in V-neck, kacky pants and sunnies, holding his bag on his left hand.

I rolled my eyes when he didn’t reply to me. “Forget it.” I muttered as I walked out and locked my door.

I sighed then I walked to the elevator ahead of L.Joe. I knew this is going to be the worst idea of all time. I knew he was luring me. And I freaking agreed like a scaredy cat.

L.Joe followed me to the elevator.

“Let me help you with your bag.” He told me but I ignored him and continuously pressed the down button.

I heard him sigh beside me.

“You’re so stubborn.” He muttered and I acted like I didn’t hear him.

Everything is not going how I want it. This is just not right.

At last! The elevator door opened and we rode in.

This silence is deafening. But I don’t want to talk. I don’t want to initiate a conversation. In fact, I don’t want to be here.

We’ve reached the ground floor where the chauffer is waiting for us to drop us to the domestic airport. I went inside the car without uttering a word and L.Joe sat in the back, beside me.

I exhaled deeply thinking about whether I stop the car now or regret the whole trip. Geez. I’ve regretted more than enough. Can God lessen my regrets now?

I looked out the window as we drove to the airport.

“She had to go home to her family.” L.Joe spoke for the first time after telling me I am stubborn. “Her mom is sick so she went to Busan.”

I looked at him. I knew about Namjoo’s background. She’s not as rich as L.Joe. She came from an average family who lives in Busan. She lives in Seoul with her friend. I’m not saying anything wrong about her. But I am weirded out the fact that L.Joe’s parents agreed to their relationship.

Well, they probably saw their son happy for once in his life after you left, Kim Hana.

And . My conscience is betraying me. I can’t believe it.

“Okay.” I replied then I looked away again.

I heard him sigh. “Sorry that I didn’t tell you beforehand.” He said.

I nodded. “That’s okay. It’s not like I would die if I am with you alone.” I replied.

Then there was silence.

“You won’t die but you won’t be at peace either.” I heard him mumble.

I looked at him but he is already looking out.

I rolled my eyes. His actions are confusing but his words make me crazy.

I really must be crazy.

--

The car scene was horrifyingly awkward. But the airplane moment is way beyond horrifying. It’s alarmingly and terrifyingly awkward.

L.Joe placed our luggage in the deck then he sat beside me.

I was sitting beside the window.

“Put your seatbelt on.” He told me as he buckled his seatbelt.

So I did. But I think my seatbelt is broken because it won’t lock in.

L.Joe must have noticed that I am having a hard time so he took it and locked it for me.

“Thanks.” I muttered and looked up only to see his face too close to mine.

I swallowed and froze on my spot. My heart is beating loudly.

L.Joe is staring at me, not moving an inch too.

It seems like time has stopped because I feel like it’s been minutes and no one of us is moving. We are staring at each other like those in movies. No one was talking because we are both busy scrutinizing each other’s face.

“Hana,” He finally spoke but he didn’t break his gaze on me. “Can you forget about Seoul for today and tomorrow and just enjoy this trip with me?” He asked – no, he pleaded.

I blinked at him before narrowing my eyes at him. “You don’t have to do this, Byunghun.” I replied. “You’re cheating on your girlfriend.” I told him.

He shut his eyes and leaned on the head rest. He is burdened with his situation. With this situation.

But what can I do?

He’s moved on without me. I have to do the same.

“Is there anything I could tell you to have you back?” He asked weakly without looking at me.

“None.” I replied then I looked out the window.

Courage is not about being strong. It’s about facing your fears. It’s about standing up for the decisions you’ve made.

Nobody dared to talk after my one word reply.

And the next thing I knew, we already arrived in Jeju International Airport.

L.Joe was already taking our luggage down from the deck. He looked at me when I stood up from my seat. “Oh, you’re awake.” He said.

I nodded awkwardly.

Heol! How would I survive this trip when everything shouts awkwardness?

I took my luggage quietly and we walked to the airport proper. As expected, there was a chauffeur who picked us up and would drop us to the hotel.

“Here’s your key card.” L.Joe handed me a card. It’s the key to open my hotel room.

I took it. “Thanks.” Then I walked to my room.

Once I got inside, I locked the door and threw my bag on the floor and shouted.

“I HATE YOU, LEE BYUNGHUN!!!!” I shouted to the top of my lungs.

I’m losing all my cool because he’s acting this way. How could he act this way when he’s dating someone else?

Now, I’m doubting if he really loved me before.

Did he love me for real?

Or is he just a jerk who cheats on his girlfriends?

 

 

 

----

A/N:

You will enjoy more #HanJoe moments soon. Sorry, #ZiHan shippers. This is L.Joe's comeback. (Also, Teen Top's coming back with EXITO on Sept. 15! So excited!!!! *o*)

Hope you like it! Also, if you haven't checked the new Special Chap in The Legal Wife, you can check it out if you can. :)

Thank you! 

I would appreciate if you could leave some comments. (Sorry for being demanding. I just really love to read your insights. If all 100+ of you could comment, I would be the happiest person alive! HAHAHA! ^^

Love you all! :D

- RChampagne <3