taeyeon.

guilt.

Pain stings my heart as the blade pierces. What a ‘wonderful’ way to finish off a nice dinner. No, I wasn’t attacked by serial killers, ninjas, or robbers. I was just hit with a guilt that could take time to get over. It’s something to add to list of things to get over. It’s not that I did something drastic or life changing. Or did I? Well, I’ve confessed my love and have been rejected kindly. Call me crazy, but I think this has affected Tiffany more than it has to me. I was expecting this. I was expecting to be turned down with unreciprocated feelings. But she wasn’t expecting those words to come out of my mouth. She’ll be worried and it’s my fault she’ll be. The frustration and daydreaming she’ll experience with be because of me. She’ll blame herself that she can’t return my feelings and she’ll curse herself out that she put me in a state where I am forced to get over her. But the truth is, I don’t want to get over her. I can’t get over someone who cares for me so much. I can’t possibly go on and love someone else that’s not her. So as I remove the blade in my heart, I take my last dying breaths in this dilemma. I step to a new beginning, but with her still in my heart. With her still the Jupiter I revolve around. I will just be a distant watcher. I will be Europa, one of Jupiter's moons. So close to her, but no close enough. The scar the guilt has made on me still remains and I still feel it, but I don’t mind. It’s one scar closer to peace. One scar closer to finding a person I won’t be guilty about.