Under The Rain

Under The Rain

"Mr. Oh, would you mind sharing one of your famous alibis to the entire photography class?" 

Professor ByunBaek asked, amusement evident in his tone. 

 

"Surely you wouldn't think you could get away from your delayed outputs."

 I tried to respond but quickly decided against it. And knowing my photography teacher, a reply with the subtlest hint of sarcasm would make him think I was 

'talking back'. Even if I probably was, I didn't need to get into more hot water than I was already in. So I just nodded. 

 

"I will give you one last chance to catch up with everything. And being the oh-so considerate teacher that I am, I'll give you 'til tomorrow." His hollow laugh echoed through the room. I was the least convinced of his statement. 

"Exactly 5 o' clock in the afternoon." 

Then as if on cue, the shrill sound of the dismissal bell reverberated through the halls. "Saved by the bell!" I thought but hadn't realized that

 I've actually said it aloud until I notice discreet glances from the people around me. 

 

5 pictures –that’s all I need to take and I'm all done. Don't get me wrong, I love photography.

 It's the only thing I'm sort of good at but when you're instructed to take a specific picture, 

I feel like the freedom in expressing emotion through photographs is kind of violated. Isn't that what photography is about? 

Capturing special moments and expressing yourself in a way far different from just writing them down. 

 

So here I am, in the park at 5 in the afternoon,24 hours until my awaited deadline. 

I held my gaze half way across the zenith only to realize that the white wispy clouds were starting to get darker every passing minute.

 

 I took my camera out and adjusted the settings for the right exposure.  Once I was content, I was caught up capturing pictures one after another.

 A raindrop fell on my arm but I didn't let it distract me from shooting. The raindrop soon turned to drizzle and into rain. 

I ran under an old oak tree to protect myself (and my camera) from getting soaked.

 And as a result of my hurried pace, I unintentionally crashed onto someone. 

Wearing a blue hoodie, I wasn't sure of the stranger's gender. "Uh… I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to." I muttered apologetically. 

 

The stranger turned around to face me. He was a boy. I slammed into a beautiful boy. Well, that's a first. 

 

"I'm fine." 

He had a weak but sincere smile. If I were as beautiful as this boy, what I felt right now would probably be along the lines of:

 "my heart did a triple somersault" or something completely more exaggerated. 

 

I opened my mouth to speak but I was cut off by his mellifluous voice.

 "You're a photographer?" His eyes hinted a bit of curiosity in them. 

 

"Yeah, sort of." 

 

I gave him a small grin.  I was about to divulge into telling him about my love for photography until I remembered the 5 pictures I needed to submit. 

3 portraits, 1 still life shot and 1 nature shot. 

The last two were easy to do but the first one... well, let's just say I don't really have a model subject for portraits. 

A light bulb flicked on top of my head, not literally of course.

 "May I ask you a favor?" I quickly regretted the words that came out my mouth.

He hesitated a bit but soon replied, 

 

"Sure what is it?" 

I've just met this guy like a minute ago so he might not even agree. 

My pessimistic brain is out of control. And am I out of my mind? Really?! A guy? Nice going Oh Sehun. But he’s beautiful, what do you expect?  

"Would it umm... be okay for you if I asked you to be the subject for a portrait?" 

He hesitated for a while and looked down, fiddling with his shoes.  I knew it. I shouldn't have asked him, I probably weirded him out. 

 

"A-are you sure you w-want it to be me?" He seemed anxious yet hopeful at the same time. 

"Of course I'm sure." 

I gave him a reassuring and condescending smile. I knew he felt insecure about having to pose for a camera and I understood how he felt. 

I had asked what his name was and he did the same. “Luhan” he said. I smiled at the thought of his name perfectly matching his personality. 

A unique name for a unique guy. 

 

The rain had lessened until it was a light drizzle. "A little bit more to the left." I directed towards Luhan. I came closer to direct him further. 

Raising my hand up towards the hood of his jacket, I slowly lifted the hood to reveal his face. 

He was aesthetically stunning. 

How someone as beautiful as him could stay insecure, I don’t know and also the fact that he’s a guy makes it all so, so endearing.

 

As I continue to stare at his seemingly glowing face, I didn't notice the discomfort written all over it. 

His eyebrows arched in confusion and his lips formed into a pout. Can this guy get any cuter?

And that’s when he suddenly sneezed, rubbing his nose that was  getting red by the minute because of the chilly air, he unknowingly sends a shy smile at me seeming to be sorry . 

Damn yes he did get cuter.

 

" Are you regretting your decision?" he said in a seemingly meek voice that sounded so fragile to my ears. 

 

"NO! .. I mean, No, No i'm not. It's just like, uh--let's continue, Yeah?" 

 

I stuttered incoherently as I babbled all the things that was inside my head, hoping that it was comprehensible for him to understand. 

Which I guess is not because of the way  his eyebrows are still in a furry.  

We continued on working on the seemingly-like-photo shoot, with him doing everything on what 

he was supposed to do and me, amazed by everything he does. 

 

Everything just seems so perfect when it comes to him, like the unnatural glow of the surroundings behind him; heck, even his unkempt honey blonde hair was perfect. 

Wow Oh Sehun, when did you get so ing cheesy?   Currently, we're working on the last photo and I had to make everything perfect; the lighting, the location, the perfect position and him.

 

"And, we're done!" I exclaimed as I quickly enveloped him in a hug, surprising both me and him. 

Well, who can blame me? I just finished my due output, isn't that great?!

 Well, a part of me was delighted, how can he be so damn squishy? Ugh.

 

"Uh.. well, sorry if I was a bad model" he said as he breaks away from the hug, and coughed lightly.

 

"No, seriously thank you! And don't worry, you're a good model if that's the case" 

I said, as I winked mischievously at him, making him laugh which is such a sight, his mouth opened wide and his eyes crinkling. 

 I laughed along with him as I throw some more corny jokes and he keeps on laughing and laughing like there's no tomorrow; 

he appreciates my jokes even though its utterly corny, he’s amazing 

 

The way his eyes fall into little crescent moon shapes, how his nose scrunches up whenever he laughs too much 

and his blinding smile that could light up anyone's world, It was really captivating, well, everything about him really was captivating.

 

"Hey" I said to Luhan to catch his attention. "Want to get some hot chocolate in a nearby cafe? Ya’know, to thank you for helping me" I suggested.

 

“It’s okay... Umm? Uhh?” he said as he offered a kind smile.

 

“Oh yeah, The name’s Sehun and I insist, so let’s go~” I eagerly said as I hurriedly grabbed his wrist and dashed towards the cafe across the street.

 

"Okay then, Sehun. And are you okay? Your jacket is kind of wet, you might catch a cold” he worriedly says to me as I continue on tugging his wrist

. With him worrying about me, it gets me warm all over. “I’m Fine.”

 

Across the street was a quaint little cafe that I often visited , its warm and very cozy, perfect for a rainy afternoon with a companion.

 Well, you see they have this drink that’s called Bubble Tea and its insanely delicious and I cant wait for 

Luhan to try it and then maybe he’ll like it.

 

As we got inside, we hurriedly find our seats as I volunteered to order. As I was about to stand up to go to the counter, 

I saw a sign above his head and unconsciously my lips skewed into a smirk.

 I tugged his hand as I got up, and his face is etched with confusion all over. 

 

"Umm.. W-what? Do you want me to come with you to the counter?"

 

"No" I replied curtly.

 

"Then why are you tugging my hand?" 

 

"Turn around and look up" I commanded to him before a mischievous smile ran across my face.

 

 

"Don't leave your VALUABLES unattended"

 

 

 

Different shades of red spread across his cheeks as he gently slaps my arm with a shy smile on his face.

He pushes me softly towards the counter ushering me to order with mumblings of  "stop being cheesy".

We really enjoyed our hot chocolate and we didn't notice that it's already past 5, well, time quickly goes by when you're having fun.

 Next thing I knew, Luhan was now saying his goodbye's to me and quickly thanking me for everything.

 

" Well, I think  should go now, my mom must be already finding me"

 

" Sure, well, thanks for today. I really had a great time" I  replied, hoping that I will see him again someday.

 

"Well, Bye" he said abruptly as he turns around ready to walk over a corner. As I was about to head my own way, I heard a sigh and a;

 

"Oh, to hell with this" 

 

I was suddenly spun around and immediately  felt warm lips on my cheek, it felt good, in fact it felt great even if it was just a second. 

I felt warm all over as he pulled away, his head  bowed down but I can clearly see his red face.

I slowly took all of my courage and pecked his forehead softly, muttering a soft "thank you" along the way.

 

He uttered a hesitant goodbye and proceeded to run the opposite way where I was going.  

I began my own journey towards my apartment, a sincere smile spread across my lips                                                                                   as I remember the slight-intimate moment  that happened between us awhile ago, can that guy be any cuter? His sparkly eyes and gorge----

 

 

 

"HELP! HELP SOMEONE! he has been struck by a car!"

 

 

 

 

A cry of help interrupted my  thoughts as I hurriedly ran to that direction to see what's going on. 

As I arrived, I saw people circling something, rather, someone. 

I slowly walked towards the circle and I immediately saw blood, blood coming out of ...LUHAN??! I hurriedly ran to his side, pushing all the people who were trying to block me.

I got a hold of him, his face was still aesthetically stunning but now, the only thing missing was the radiant smile that adorned his face.

 Tears slowly form in my eyes, even though I just knew Luhan, it felt like we’ve known each other for years. 

 

“Oh come on Sehun, no need for drama at times like this.” I mumbled.

 

“HELP! SOMEBODY GET SOME ING HELP! WHY ARE YOU JUST STANDING THERE?!” I screamed.

 

People frighteningly got their phones out and dialed 911. Ugh, stupid people,if Luhan dies i’m going to sue all of you and then feed you to the dragons---

      

 

 

 

"Babe, Baby! Sehunnie?"

 

 

 

"Yah! Wake up!"

 

A panicky voice woke me up from my ... DREAM?! It was all a dream? 

I looked from left to right, scanning the place and then I saw him, his doe eyes full of concern. 

I shakily enveloped him in my arms, content seeping its way through my body replacing all the fear and worry into love and warmth.

Yes, him, Luhan, the one who was on my dreams just a while ago, the one who made my heart flutter one rainy afternoon, 

the love of my life and now, my other half. 

Well to answer your questions, the answer is yes, we got married and I mean we ARE married, 

and the first part of my dream was true and that's how we first met under the rain, all wet and sticky but we survived.

 

I continued to lay down, still in the same position. He shifted his position from one to another after he found a comfortable one, 

his eyes continue to trail my face, as if scrutinizing it, his eyes already asking the question before he can even say it.

 

"Sehunnie, Do you want to talk about it?"

 

Luhan asked, sleepiness evident in his voice. 

"Nah"

 

 I said as I continued hugging him tight. The position that we are in now caused some of the milky skin of his hips to expose,

 I  unconsciously  his hipbone because that soothes him and the movement makes Xiao Lu sleep. 

A yawn escaped his lips, and that's the sign for me to peck him goodnight.

As I kissed his lips, he sloppily responded and he broke apart because another yawn escaped his mouth. 

Pinching his nose cutely, I proceeded on peppering Luhan’s face with kisses until he grew tired and fell asleep. 

I pecked his forehead again whispering a soft "good night" not expecting a response since he's clearly asleep.

 

 

I'm glad that I met him that rainy afternoon, not just glad but blessed because he has been the very reason of my smile now, 

the very reason why I wake up every day expecting someone enveloped in my arms and he'll always be the only reason that I 

continue on enjoying my life.

 For the rest of my life, I want to be with Luhan;  to hold him tightly in my arms, cuddle sessions at nights and 

breakfast backhugs every morning. 

I want to be the very reason why he also wakes up with a smile on his face every day, the very reason why fate

chose me to bump at him that one rainy day.

 

 

"I Love You" 

 

 

 

I whispered to Luhan, pecking his forehead for the nth time and slowly drifting to sleep. But, before sleep has engulf my entire being, I hear a small reply;

 

 

 

"I love you too"

 

 

 

With a smile on my face, I hugged him tighter and together, we drifted to dreamland, hoping that we'll dream of each other. 

Hopefully, good dreams that involves being under the rain and a certain blue hoodie.