I’m the King (and I love you)

I'm the King (and I love you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

♚ I’m the King  (and I love you ) ♚

 

 

 

Luhan is a king. Well sort of. He likes to think he is one.

 

He likes to play with his servant and best friend Sehun. They do everything together. They fight dragons, and all kind of other creatures dangerous to the rest of the kingdom. They run across the castle, they annoy their mentor from hell, and they take a nap together in the afternoon. But unfortunately their fun ends every day at six pm, when their parents pick them up. The separation is always hard, but they keep in mind that they'll keep fighting dragons and monsters in the next day, together.

 

Sehun is usually the first one to arrive the castle, at 8:15 sharp, every day of the week, except for weekends. Luhan arrives at nine and Sehun is always the first one to greet him, before they run off to play.

 

They warmed up to each other over the year, they were inseparable. Luhan had been in pre-school since he was three; the first year was boring and lonely. He had no friends and all the other kids were mean because Luhan was weird, or so they thought. Just because Luhan, sometimes blurted random Chinese words, and the rest of the kids didn’t know what it mean, they labelled Luhan, as the weird freak everyone kept their distance from.

 

But fortunately, for Luhan, the year passed by and new ‘students’ came in. Along with all the new kids there was Sehun. At first they didn’t even know each other’s name. Sehun had friends and he used to play with them. Luhan on the other hand was alone, always playing by himself on the corner of the room.

 

Until the day Sehun started noticing him and decided he wanted to be friend with him.

 

 

September, 1st 2014

 

“Hi!” said an overenthusiastic Sehun. Luhan looked up with big surprised eyes. Why was this boy talking to him?  Did they know each other? Was he Luhan's friend? No, of course not. What was he thinking about? The boy was most likely to be talking to someone else. Luhan immediately took his eyes of the boy and went back to playing with his car. Sehun scrunched his face in confusion before talking again. Maybe the other boy hadn't heard him. “My name i-is Sehun.” he unintentionally stutters and gets flustered when the older boy looks up again. Surprise and maybe something else took over Luhan’s facial expression, before he let out a small and shy smile. Luhan was about to answer the little boy when Sehun, speaks again with flushed cheeks. “You pretty.”

 

Luhan was embarrassed, his face was hot and he had no idea why. Did he just receive a compliment? Weren’t those supposed to come from girls? “Do y-you want to b-be my friend?” Sehun stutters cutely. Luhan stares once again at the younger boy in front of him, before smiling again, brighter this time.

 

“I am Luhan.” Sehun fell on his right next to Luhan, taking the answer as a positive one and they both started playing. “I’m four.” Luhan shows four fingers to Sehun who immediately shoves three fingers to Luhan's face and the older grins.  "I'm your hyung!" Luhan puffs out his chest proudly and smiles.

 

“You can’t be my hyung!” Sehun exclaims.

 

“Yes I can!” Luhan remarks.

 

“You're too pwetty to be my hyung!” Luhan eyes sting but he tells himself he’s strong and he’s not going to cry. Sehun on the other hand, smiles and hugs Luhan by the waist.

 

“I am your King!” Luhan ends up saying, and Sehun answers with a giggle, a cute giggle that has Luhan giggling to himself as well. "I'm yours!." Sehun says smiling and gripping to Luhan's waist.

 

They immediately became best friends. Inseparable.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

September, 6th 2014

 

Friday comes along and when both boys realise they'll have to separate for more than just a day, they get sad.

 

Sehun in an act of bravery (not so much), and determination, grabs Luhan’s father leg crying, while Luhan tries to tear him off, of his dad's leg. The preschool teacher is currently talking to some other parent in her office so she’s not there to break it off. Luhan’s father is calmly watching the two kids, he tries to hold in his laughter but when Sehun unintentionally kicks Luhan, he lets out a soft laugh. These are two are just adorable, he thinks.

 

“Dad.” Luhan cries, sitting up on the floor. Sehun seeing Luhan crying, let’s go of the leg he was holding on to, and strides forward to meet the older sitting on the floor next to him.

 

“S-sorry.” Sehun says, looking at Luhan who doesn’t stop crying. Luhan’s dad holds him in his arms lifting him up from the floor. He starts telling him to stop crying and shushing him. When Luhan is calm and has stopped crying, the man carefully leads them to the exit, trying to leave without being noticed but then Sehun starts crying and runs to the man that’s taking Luhan away. “Sehun is s-sorry, don’t l-leave Sehun.” Sehun cries grabbing the man’s leg again, but this time crying like there’s no tomorrow; Luhan is leaving after all, it’s not as different.

 

Luhan looks down to his best friend and he starts crying when he realizes he’s the reason why Sehun is crying.

 

“What’s going on-” The preschool teacher finally appears and Sehun cries harder because she is evil and she is going to let Luhan go. The teacher runs up to them and grabs Sehun, trying to pride him of the man’s clothes but Sehun just grabs harder with all his force. “Sehun, don’t be a bad boy.” Even then Sehun ignores her. “Sehun, you have to let Luhan go. He will be back after the weekend. Sehun stop cryi-”

 

“NO!” Sehun screams, crying as hard as he ever did. The teacher sighs and Luhan’s father tells something to Luhan who stops crying and his eyes lighten up.

 

“I’ll handle this.” Luhan’s father tells the distressed teacher and she stops whatever she was doing letting the man handle it. Luhan’s father crunches until he’s closer with small Sehun. Sehun gets scared because the man is big, really big and scary. He feels like crying but now for a complete different reason, but he can’t he has to be strong; he needs to protect his King. “Sehun-ah, right?” Sehun nods, not meeting the elder's eyes. They scare him. “What if you spend the weekend with Luhan?” Just like Luhan’s, Sehun’s eyes become brighter. He looks at the man smiling while nodding his head several times. The man wasn't as bad as Sehun had though.

 

“Yes.” Both boys smile and Luhan grabs Sehun’s hand while they play and wait for Sehun’s parents.

 

From then on, each weekend was spent at each other’s houses.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

September,  13th 2014

 

It was Luhan's turn to sleep at Sehun's. Both boy's comfortably sat on Sehun's parents car, happily playing and chatting with each other while Sehun's mom was driving the car.

 

Once they reached Sehun's house, the younger grabbed the older's hand and leaded him to their house, more specifically, his bedroom, falling a few times in the process. Once they entered Sehun's bedroom, the younger ran up to a corner where he had his toys. "Let's play!" He said with a huge grin on his lips.

 

Luhan nodded and sat on the floor next to the younger. Both kids started playing with the toys scattered on the floor. They laughed and screamed in glee, pushing the small cars across the carpeted floor and making noises at the same time.

Sehun was so concentrated in doing what he was doing, he didn't noticed when Luhan stopped crawling and making sounds while holding the car.

 

"Sehun-ah! This is so cute!" Luhan said.

 

When Sehun looked up and saw Luhan holding his favourite teddy bear, he immediately took it away from Luhan's hold. "NO!" he screamed at Luhan, holding the teddy bear himself, while throwing the older an angry look. "Don't touch it. It’s mine!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The year passed by, Sehun and Luhan spent their Christmas together along with their families. Since it would make both happy and it was Christmas, a season of happiness and being with the ones we love the most. Their families got together at Luhan’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter