Nightmare

Sun Academy

December. It was finally the month when Alex needed to do the training with her allies. At first, she was aggravated since Hyunwoo and Sooyoung were just called because they would act like their maids and assistants. Thanks to the President, who gave a big damn reason for Alex to grab him by the collar. Serves him right. Later on, she felt relieved and somewhat, excited because she would deal with her inner strengths and suns for the first time. She was kind of terrified that she was also a sun bearer, but what can she do, it's within her and she needed to protect the academy, whom she learned to slowly love and cherish. 

 

Amidst on her deep thinking, she thought of what Nick had told her about her Beast Sun. She could still remember how the boy explained to her that the Beast Sun could actually kill her if it wanted to. She was horrified to absorb the information in her brain. Yes, she might have the most powerful sun but she might also have the shortest span of life. She crinkled her nose as she fell deeper in her thoughts. After all, with great power came with great responsibility. She sighed as she picked out her last shirt and folded it. She put it in her luggage and zipped it. 

 

"Alex, are your luggage and bags ready for the trip?" Sooyoung asked cheerfully, breaking Alex' trance.

 

"Uh..Yeah.. They're all ready..." she nodded as she wore her not-used-ever silver necklace with an A pendant.

 

Sooyoung noticed the foreign object and she cocked an eyebrow. 

 

"Who gave you such a beautiful necklace?" she asked as she ran her fingers on the sparkling pendant.

 

"Actually, it was a birthday present from my Mom and Dad when I was six." Alex answered with a smile.

 

Sooyoung nodded as she grabbed her luggages and bags, ready for a Seal to call them. Inside her, she felt something mysterious since it was just the first time Alex mentioned about her parents. They've been friends with the New Yorker for almost seven months, but she never mentioned about her family except that she was Marcus' sister.

 

Something's definitely not right here...

 

She broke from her own thoughts when Alex called her attention to go out from their room since D.O. already fetched them. She strolled her luggage and she slipped her duffel bag around her. She was still thinking though but, nonetheless, just enjoy this trip of once of a lifetime. Duh, whatever.

 

"Phew! Alex, are you ready for your training?" Kai childishly asked as he slipped his arm over Alex' shoulder.

 

"Kim Jongin, I'm ready!" she pumped her fist in the air while chuckling with the tanned boy.

 

They playfully skipped towards the black limousine, making Sehun, Chanyeol and Baekhyun grit in anger. The others chuckled at the jealous trio as they also jogged their way to the infamous car. 

 

It was a good 10-minute ride going to the airport. They proceeded to the private jet of the academy. The jet was not that huge, just enough to house 20 to 30 people inside. It has 5 rows of three-man seats on each side. It would be a very long 12-hour flight going to the South American continent, especially to Brazil.

 

Sitting Arrangement:

 

Left side:
First row- Kai and D.O. 
Second row- Suho and Kris
Third row- Chanyeol and Lay
Fourth row- Hyunwoo and Sooyoung

 

Right side:
First row- Sehun and Luhan
Second row- Baekhyun and Rain
Third row- Tao and Chen
Fourth row- Xiumin
Fifth row- Alex

 

The flight was smooth and all of the passengers were sleeping peacefully. Tao didn't forget his panda plushie, which was given by Kris during his 16th birthday. He hugged it while dozing off to dreamland. Lay and Luhan didn't bother to get their headphones as they were lazy asses. D.O. hugged his Good Cooking book while using Kai's arm for alternative pillow. The others were drooling, mouths opened and a bit of snoring were also heard. The only two attendants chuckled at the sight and went back to their sleeping quarters. 

 

Alex adjusted her chair, enough for her to sleep comfortably. She was already in the middle of reality and dream when she saw or dreamed something.

"Mom!!! Dad!!!" a little girl cried as she sat helplessly on the road, bruises around her arms and legs.

 

There was a total wreckage around her. There was a very dilapidated and burning car. Glasses were shattered into pieces. Broken parts of the car were lying immobile everywhere. Suddenly, a lady with white hair approached her. She crouched down and wiped the little girl's tears with her thumb. She smiled sweetly but she later on, chuckled menacingly.

 

"Stop crying, little girl! You did a good job... Amazing!" she pointed to everything around the little girl.

 

The little girl cried more and more when she noticed the lady's eyes turned to red. She gasped in horror as she tried to stand up and run away. The evil lady shook her point finger in a no-no style and smiled evilly.

 

"No-uh... Don't run. You should be celebrating with me because you killed them..." she whispered to the girl's ear and laughed hysterically.

 

Alex woke up. She was panting and gasping for air. She was sweating very cold buckets of fluid. Her heart was beating like there's no tomorrow. She was having a nightmare or has she? She could feel everything from the horrible scene. She was scared to death. She was looking around to see that her companions were sleeping comfortably. She clutched her chest as she tried to stand up. She wobbly walked to the restroom, still her hand on her chest. 

 

She looked at the mirror. She was pale as hell. Her eyes were bloodshot. Her lips were shaking. She washed her face with the water to cool herself down. She was confused why she has a nightmare like that. She never had a nightmare before that was too scary to be real. She breathed in and out normally to calm her freaking out nerves. She went out of the restroom and was going back to her seat when Chen stirred up and saw her.

 

"You're not sleeping?" he groggily asked.

 

"Uh.. I am.. but I need to answer Nature's calls..." Alex stuttered.

 

Chen nodded in understanding and hid under the covers. Alex sighed in relief and went back to her seat. She couldn't sleep, afraid that the nightmare of hers would come back. She got the headphones near her and started to play a song that could let her sleep. The jet was not completely dark. It was illuminated by the dark orange lights at the sides, not making everyone hit to anything. Alex was already sleepy when she finally fell on a deep slumber.