Chapter 7

Fated

Author´s note:

hello everyone, here is another chapter of my favourite story. I know that I´m lacking but I just want to share this story with those who like YoonHae  :). 

Maybe you noticed in the previous chapter , but Yoona´s uncle is mr Yoo Jae Suk. I respect him a lot as an entertainer and believe that he is a great person. That is why I chose him as a father figure for our heroine. 

I hope you will like the new chapter. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

- Lee Donghae, sir. The man stretched his hand for a shake, but mr. Yoo didn´t answer. He opened widely his eyes recognizing the name of the man standing in front of him. His face was also familiar. Mr. Jae Suk looked away trying to remember where he saw this face for the first time. Suddenly, an idea crossed his mind and he looked at the man again. He remembered the picture he found in Yoona’s wallet. She was on it with Donghae and they were smiling happily.

The man looked back at Donghae’s hand remembering the discussion he had with Yoona’s father months ago.

“Is Yoona in danger?”

Lost in his thoughts he didn’t notice that he still didn’t shake the hand that was stretched towards him. Donghae noticed the man’s weird behaviour and thought that he was acting strange.

Yoona also noticed that something wasn’t alright. But she thought that it might be due to his fatigue and his concern about her. The girl put her hand on his arm.

- Samchon , are you ok?

He snapped out of his thoughts immediately.

- Yes , sweety, I’m ok.  I apologize; he looked at Donghae and finally shook his hand. He wanted to say something else but was interrupted by a man who was running through the corridor towards them and stopped looking at the child sleeping in Yoona’s hands.

-  Woo Binie!  He exclaimed and made few steps closer.

The child opened his eyes awakened by the sound of the man’s voice and turned his head to him.

- Appa! He screamed and stretched his arms towards his dad. The man came closer and took him into his arms hugging him tightly, whispering repeatedly.

- My baby is ok, my baby is fine.

Yoona saw tears in his eyes and felt her eyes teary as well. She made a step back closer to her uncle and felt how he put his arm around her shoulders. He was her tree. The girl smiled for herself feeling warmed and protected.

 Donghae noticed Yoona’s smile.  Unfortunately, since childhood, Yoona’s dad didn’t pay much attention to her, being away most of the time. Yes, he gave her a luxurious life and she had everything, but Donghae knew, what she really wanted was a normal family, a normal life. And now she had it. He looked away in pain feeling as an intruder in her peaceful world full of love and trust. He was questioning if he had the right to come into her life.

 

The man looked at them noticing mr Jae Suk’s medical attire.

- Doctor, please help me,  I was informed that my wife and my child got into an accident and they were taken to this hospital. Can you please tell me how is she? Her name is Kim Se Ryoung.

- She’s ok, don’t worry. She got a big bruise and a shock, but that’s it. The nurse will take you to your wife and I will come in a minute. 

He looked around and called for someone.

- This is miss Kim’s husband, please take him to her room. He looked back at the man. Please follow her.

The man bowed thanking him and followed the nurse.

 

Mr. Jae Suk turned to Yoona and Donghae.

- I must go to check on both mother and son. The nurse told me she could not take the little boy away from you.

- Yes, he was crying not wanting to let go of my hand. Answered Yoona.

Mr. Jae Suk smiled and caressed her face with affection.

- I’m proud of you.

Yoona looked at him with surprise.

- I didn’t expect that my daughter is so brave, he continued, it was a very stressful situation and you held it so well. 

Yoona looked at Donghae.

- I was able to do that thanks to Donghae-shi.

Mr. Jae Suk looked at Donghae and stretched his hand for a shake. The man responded to his gesture.

- Thank you for taking care of my daughter.

Donghae nodded in response.

 

Yoo Jae Suk was still not sure what are the man’s intentions. He  was part of her past and knew who she was. . He could reveal the truth, but he didn’t, at least not yet.

Mr. Jae Suk always thought that he can easily read people, and by the way Donghae looked at Yoona,  he felt that the man truly cared about her.

He remembered the words Lee Soo Man told him that night, so he decided to keep him close in order to watch over him and understand what is he up to. He won’t let anyone hurt his little girl. He turned back to Yoona.

- Sweety, let me call you a cab.

- Samchon, I will leave after you will tell me that the woman and her child are fine.

Yoo Jae Suk furrowed his eyebrows and removed his glasses to look into Yoona’s eyes.

-Do I have a  chance to convince you to go home right now?

Yoona laughed and returned an intense look.

- You know the answer!

The man smiled and put the glasses back.   

- Ok, I’ll be back fast.

 

He left them standing in the corridor. Seeing that Yoona wasn’t moving, Donghae pushed her a little to the seats. She followed him, and sat down. Just like a wave, she felt how the tiredness took over her body. Just a second ago she was fine, but now was too weak to even speak.

Now that almost everything was over,  she felt she had no energy. She wanted to apologize to Donghae but felt how he touched her head with his hand and leaned it to rest on his shoulder. It’s like he read her mind and the words weren’t necessary. She closed her eyes and stayed like that for few seconds. But suddenly opened widely her eyes. Yoona remembered that she still didn’t call  Seohyun or auntie, and they didn’t know where is she so they must be worried.

 She wanted to search for the phone in her purse, but heard uncle calling for her. Yoona and Donghae got up and approached him. Mr. Jae Suk informed them that both mother and son are in a good condition and will be out of hospital tomorrow. Yoona was very glad to hear the news. But then, her uncle added that the patient insisted to see them in order to thank them for helping her and her child.

They didn´t want to go at first, but mr. Jae Suk insisted that it was the woman´s wish, so both of them followed him to her room. They were at the door when a nurse called for the doctor. 

 

- Doctor, your wife is calling you.

Yoona looked at him with worry.

- She is probably searching for me. I wanted to call them a minute ago, but didn’t have enough time.

- Don’t worry, I’ll explain them everything. You two go in, I’ll be right back.

Yoona and Donghae entered the room. The lady was lying on the bed with the child in her arms. She was pale but looked fine. Her husband was seated next to her, but as soon as they entered, he got up and came closer to shake their hands.

- I saw you two in the corridor, but didn’t know you were the ones that helped my wife and son. He bowed his head. I’m very grateful for your help, thank you! 

They bowed in response.

- We are glad that your wife and son are ok. Said Donghae

- You don’t have to thank us. Yoona agreed with him. 

- Yeobo, step away, I want to thank them too. The man looked back with a smile and returned to the bed.

- I’m sorry darling.

- Like Donghae-shi said, we are very glad to see that both of you are fine. And please don’t thank us. 

Yoona smiled and seeing that the little boy was looking at her, winked at him. He smiled back and stretched  out his hands.

The woman looked at him a little surprised.

- I think he wants the lady to take him into her arms, said his dad.

- You’re reading my mind Yeobo , both of them turned their eyes to Yoona.

 

- Can I? She made a step forward asking for the permission.

- Of course, the woman encouraged her with a smile.

Yoona came closer and stretched her hands towards the child. He was still smiling so Yoona took him in her arms with no fear.

- Hi little baby, she looked into his eyes, I heard your name is Woo Binie, right?

The little boy nodded with a grin on his face and put his little hand on Yoona’s cheek.

 

- Look at our son, exclaimed the boy’s mum and took her husband’s hand. She turned her head to Yoona, he’s pretty shy with strangers, but not with you. She smiled adding the last words. I think he likes you.

- Our son has good taste, added her husband. Noona is very pretty, right Woo Binie?

The boy nodded and touched Yoona’s hair.

- Yeppeo, he whispered smiling and then hid his face in her shoulder.

Everybody started to laugh.

- You little Casanova!!! Said his dad and mum continued.

- Agasshi’s boyfriend is right next to her, you should be carefull!

Yoona looked at them and felt her cheeks blushing.

- We’re not .. she whispered, but could not finish.

- Exactly young man! You should be careful! Donghae came closer and patted the boy’s back.

Yoona blushed even more hearing Donghae’s answer.

 

They spent few more minutes with the family and then left, letting them to rest. The woman asked for Yoona’s phone to stay in touch and meet. The girl was glad that she will have the opportunity to see them again, especially the little boy whom she adored. 

 

Mr. Jae Suk found them waiting for him in the corridor, smiling and talking about the adorable child and his friendly parents.

 

- Sweety, call your sister immediately. She and mum are very worried. I explained them everything and told them that you are fine, but you know them.

Yoona started to search for the phone in her purse. When she switched it on she saw she had 20 lost calls from her sister and from home. Since she had her phone on silent mode, she didn’t hear none of them. 

She didn’t have time to say anything when Seohyun picked up the phone and started scolding her.

- Are you ok? Do you know how worried we were??? Why didn’t you pick up your phone ??? Why you didn’t call us to tell where are you?? She stopped and Yoona heard her heavy breathing through the phone.

- Seo baby.. I’m sorry for making you worry,

- From now on, you have to pick up whenever we call you.

- Maknae can be pretty scary, whispered Yoona looking at her uncle. He laughed in response.

- What did you say?   Seohyun asked through the phone and Yoona covered frightened that maknae heard her.

- I’m sorry baby, I really am. I am fine and I apologize that I didn’t call you or auntie. Please tell her that I am sorry. 

- Ok, Yoona felt that her sister´s voice softened a little.

- I’ll be home soon.

- We are waiting for you. Love you. Seohyun whispered and hanged up the phone.

Yoona felt her eyes teary again.

 

- Is everything ok? Her uncle asked looking at her. Yoona lift her head, made a step forward and hugged him. After the first second of surprise the man hugged her back.

- I love you all, Yoona whispered hiding her face, but the man heard her.

- We love you too sweety.

 

Donghae made few steps back feeling like an intruder. The picture was perfect without him there. He was touched seeing the strong bond between these two. 

After few seconds mr Jae Suk let go of Yoona, Donghae wanted to go back and stand next to them, but noticed two officers comming, so he hid behind the corner that was nearby. It was like an instinct. He preferred to stay in the shadow when it comes to the protectors of the law.

The two officers addressed to Yoona.

- Miss Yoona-shi?

Yoona nodded.

- We were told that you and a young man came to this hospital with the victims of an accident.

- Yes, we did. She looked around expecting to see Donghae but he was nowhere to be found. The girl wanted to turn back when she noticed a shadow behind the corner and saw a man´s shoe.

- Can you please testify about what you saw? The officer continued. Yoona looked back at him.

Mr. Jae Suk noticed that Donghae was missing and saw that Yoona was surprised and lost. He made a little step forward standing between the officers and Yoona.

- Officers, can we please do this tomorrow? My daughter went through a lot today. I will bring her to the police office you will indicate tomorrow morning.

- I apologize, but we need to know some details. The other officer insisted.

Yoona put her hand on mr Jae Suk’s shoulder.

- It’s ok samchon, I can do it.

- Ok, the please follow me into my office. You can talk there.

- Thank you. The four of them left.

Donghae came out of the corner watching Yoona walking away with the men.

 

 

For a few minutes the police officers asked Yoona about the accident, the details she remebered and who in her opinion was guilty of it. She confessed that she didn´t see much, so they asked about the man with whom she came to the hospital, if she knew him and where can they find him. The question took her by surprise and she was lost at what to say. She thought about Donghae´s sudden disappearence. “What happened? Why did he hide?”. She took a deep breath, looked at the officers and told them that she didn´t know him before and met him today for the first time. She felt that her uncle was looking at her, but she didn´t dare to look back. She just lied and she didn´t know why she did it.

- What about the other person involved in the accident? Is he alright? Asked the girl.

- He wasn’t as lucky as the woman and her child , but we were said he is out of danger. Thank you. We will contact you if it will be necessary.

            They left and Yoona was sitting silent until she felt how her uncle came closer and kissed her on the forehead.

- Let´s call you a cab sweety. You must be very tired.

She looked at him thankful that he didn´t ask anything.

 

Walking through the corridor Yoona was arguing with mr. Jae Suk.

- Uncle don’t worry, I will catch a taxi by myself. He wanted to insist to go with her, but a nurse called his name. Yoona laughed and pushed him a little.

- Go! See you at home. She waved at him with a smile.

 

She walked out of the hospital and stopped searching for a cab when she heard steps behind her. The girl turned back and saw Donghae coming out of the shadow.

- I was waiting for you.

She looked at him attentively, but he answered with a soft smile. They stayed like that for few moments.

- Police came by, Yoona interrupted the silence, they asked about the accident and also about the other witness that was there with me.

- Did you tell them about me?

- I told them you were a stranger I never met before. The girl saw that he was a little surprised with her answer. She hesitated a little before asking.

- Did you avoid them?

Yoona looked straight into his eyes and Donghae had to control himself to not step closer. She had that accusatory glance that he saw from her just once in his life.

- You were enough as a witness. They don’t need another one.

- Do you have problems with the law?

It was painful for him to hear that. He remembered how many times she tried to convince him to leave “the family”. He turned away to hide that he was hurt.

- I will catch a taxi and drive you home. He made few steps and and gave a hand sign to the taxi parked few meters away.

 She understood that he was offended. Yoona made a step forward.

- I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have said that. 

- It´s ok, he looked back at her. It´s ok to have doubts, because you don´t know me.

The taxi stopped in front of them.

- The taxi will take you home. Donghae opened the door in front of Yoona and with a hand gesture invited her in. The girl came closer and stood in front of him.

- Aren´t you comming with me?

- No..

-Will I see you again?

He knew it wasn´t a good idea, but he couldn´t stay still when she was so close. The man gently touched  Yoona´s hair and smiled.

-  I will find you.

 

Looking at the car that was riding away, Donghae whispered for himself.  

-  I will definetly find you and will never let go.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author´s note: 

There is a new chapter comming soon!  Stay tuned and be healthy! :)