Chapter 8

Show Me The Money! (Apply Open!)

The room got quiet. Even the judges sat still for a moment. Then it happened. Team San-e and Swings looked to each other and began talking.

"I was sold when she did her self defense demonstration, but that's not wheat she's here for." Swings said swerving back and forth in his chair. San-e nodded.

"Not only is she tough, and can defend herself, but she can also rap, in korean at that." San-e commented.

"Rap native." Swings nodded.  They were the first team to press their button. Their desk lit up with a 'pass' sign on it. Ollie still held her breath knowing it would take more than one pass for her to move on to the next round. 

"Where did you learn Korean from?" Tablo asked sitting back in his chair and clicking a pen in his right hand. 

Ollie lifted the mic to her lips nervously, trying to think back to check for mistakes in her rap. "Books mostly. A few free online sites with audio files to check pronounciation."

"You did well for not learning it from classes or immersion. You wrote that yourself?" He asked looking up from a piece of paper on his desk. 

"Ne. I prepared it on the flight over from Hawaii." The girl replied. 

"Hawaii?" He asked confused.

"Ye, I was born and raised in Detroit, we moved to Hawaii when my Dad retired from the Navy." She explained. Tablo nodded toward Masta Wu and hit his teams button. Their desk lit up with a pass. Now all she needed was a tie breaker.  Her eyes darted between YDG and Dok2. They both lifted their hands and placed them over the buttons as they stared each other down. It was as if they were haveing a show down to see who would be the quick draw. Surprisngly both desks lit up with a pass. 

"Chukhahae Ollie, you've passed." Tablo said looking at all of the judges. Ollie let out the breath she was holding and dropped to her knees.

"Holy hot sauce." She said into the mic in amazment. "No joke? Jeongmalyo?"

"No joke. That'd be just mean." San-e said laughing. "What kind of people do you think we are?" Ollie fell back and laid on the stage with her hands on her head. The coolness of the floor against her skin took some of the heat from he lights off her. She wiped tears of joy from her eyes as her heart raced.
Bobby, B-dub and B.I ran up on the stage to congratulate her. Bobby was the first to reach her. He offered her a hand and pulled her to her feet. She just fell into his arms still in shock. Tears continued to fall as she hugged him. B.i stepped around behind Bobby to see her face. 

"Awe" B.I smiled as he wiped her tears away with his tumbs. 

"You going soft on us?" B-dub asked poking fun at her. "There were only four people to get all passes and you are the only girl."

"Who were the others?" She asked stepping away from Bobby and looking out into the rest of the contestants.

"These two and that guy." He said pointing to an older guy sitting up near the door. "Vasco."

"You got all passes?" She asked looking from Bobby to B.i. "Looks like I got some compitition." She joked.

"The next elimination round is in three days." Ollie and everyone around her turned to look at the judges. "It will be a head to head match so half of you will be leaveing again. You will take turns performing for us again. This is not a dis match, you will be randomly paired at the next event. For now you all can head back to the dorms." Swings said getting up from his seat and adjusting his pants.

----------- 

"We need to celebrate all of us making it to the next round." B-dub said as they sat at a table next to the pool.

"How do you suppose we do that?" Ollie asked leaning against he back of B.i's chair.

"I have an idea." Bobby said looking at B-dub. "There is some soju in the house, let's have a drink."

"I'm in." B.i said. 

"Me too." Ollie nodded.

B-dub and Bobby walked in towards the kitchen to get the drinks. As soon as they were out of sight B.i reached around the back of  his chair and grabbed Ollie's legs while she continued to play with his hair. 

"Did you know there are cameras all over the house?" He asked.

"I figured as much. It makes sense they would want to keep an eye on us." She replied, resting her chin on top of his head.

"I thought we were busted this morning when they told us." 

"They wouldn't put them in the rooms, that's where we change and stuff, they'd get in too much trouble if they filmed that. As for the rest of the house I'm hoping no one is stupid enough to change out in the open." 

"I didn't think of it like that." B.i admitted letting go of her legs. 

"Time to party." B-dub said walking up with four bottles of soju. Bobby set four shot glasses down on the table and slid one to each of them then took his seat.  

B-dub opened the first bottle. "Ladies first." He said as he filled the girls glass.

"Thank you." She said pulling the glass closer to her as he filled the other three glasses.

"To making it to the second round." Bobby said holding his glass up. 

"Cheers!" Everyone exclaimed clinking their glasses together and downing them. Bobby grabbed the bottle and refilled the glasses. 

"Can't just stop at one." He claimed setting the bottle back down on the table.

"Shots! Shots shots shot shots~" Ollie said in a sing song voice before bringing hers to her lips and slurpinf it down. "Woo! That's got a bit of a punch." She gasped feeling it burn the entire way down. 

 

Two bottles later they sat laughing at different stories they told. 

"So..." Bobby chimed in. "What inspired your rap, B-dub?" 

"My little sister. She's the person that understood me best. She believed in me when everyone else laughed at me." He explained. "What about you?"

"My mom. She's the most important person to me. Since becoming a trainee at YG I haven't been able to see her much."

"What's your story B.I?" Ollie asked. 

"Mine? It's was about the pressure I was under during the Who Is Next show and my feelings about not winning." Bobby nodded listening to his friend talk.

"Those were though times." Bobby agreed.

"I mean, I was happy for my seonbaes, but it was a bitter sweet moment for me." B.I finished.

"There's only one more person we need to hear from." B-Dub said looking at Ollie.

"Me." Ollie said pushing her hair away from her face. Her cheeks were ref with heat from the alcohol. "It was meant to show my ambition and dedication to rapping. Not many girls do it, let alone do it well and even if they do, few get recognised for it." The boys nodded litening to her. "I know every group in kpop has the one member as the rapper, but you don't really see them going solo." She said leaning her head against Bobby's shoulder and draping her legs across B.i's lap. "People seem to have it stuck in their head that the people who rap only do so cuz they can't sing. Even though it may be true, I want to show that sometimes thats not the case." She finshed, leaning her head back to look at the night sky. 

"I know what you mean." Bobby said. "I mean not about the female rapper thing from personal experience but about steriotypes. A lot of people hold it against me and B.i for being here, while already having a company. They see it as well get unfair advangates because we are idols and not because of our skill. So I want to show that I can win with my own skills, not with the seonbae-hoobae relationship with Tablo and Masta Wu hyung." Bobby told them. 

"ing haters man." B-dub said.

"I get ya." Ollie said. "Some of the other girls here seem to have a problem with someone else. Like Timee and Jolly V and their known dis tracks toward each other. I mean having beef with someone isn't going to make you look good. It may not hurt you, but it don't look good. All it's going to do is cause drama and trouble for the other people who are here to show their skills. I ain't here to fight, I'm here to show what I got." Ollie slurred. The boys began to chuckle hearing her talk.

"I think you've had enough." Bobby said  pushing the girls glass away from her towards the middle of the table. In the small amount of time it took from him to lean up then sit back, Ollie had passed out. 

"Out, like a light." B-dub said looking at his phone. 

"I guess it's time to call it a night." B.I said gently moving Ollie's legs from his lap. 

"Should we wake her?" B-dub asked still looking at his phone.

"Even if we did, I doubt she'd be able to make it up the stairs. I'll just carry her in. But, I'll need help getting her on the top bunk." Bobby said as B.i slipped his hand under her head to hold it still while Bobby got up. "Here we go." The boy said as he slipped an arm around her back and under her legs. "B.I, Get the door." He instructed, cradling Ollie in his arms.