Butterfly

The Words Of A Butterfly.

I held the necklace in my hands placing the small piece of paper in the center before connecting the two wings. I held it by the chain examining the work I made, smiling at the result, I placed it into a small box and closed it. It was our one year anniversary today, one whole year with this childish panda. I glanced at the clock, waiting for it to ding on 12, as I gathered my things and walked out the door. I stood at the doorstep, staring at the glowing screen of my phone, waiting until 12AM exactly before I knocked. He opened the door and pulled me into a hug, I felt him inhale the scent of my winter coat before pulling me in front of him and kissing me softly. "Happy Anniversary Tao." I said, as he pulled me to sit on his bed. He pulled out a blindfold from behind him before placing and tying it around my head. "Take it off." I smelt the faint scent of a steak, my favorite. I slowly took the blind fold off for my eyes to meet a big plate of various homemade foods. My face lit up with a smile, "Thank you Tao." I place the plate on the table and put the blindfold on him. I held the necklace in front of us both, before he slowly untied the blind fold from the back of his head. "It's so cute!" He exclaimed, as he took it in his own possession and traced the wings. "It opens." I said, causing him to fumble with it in between his fingers. I extended my hand and placed it over the fumbling hands. "It's something I want you to read, On the day you don't love me anymore." I watched as his expression dropped. "Why are you saying this fanfan?" I smiled reassuringly at him, "Perhaps there's a day, you feel reluctant to stay." I continued, "On that day, I wish for you to open it, hopefully, It will change your mind." He placed a hand over one of my own, and squeezed it tightly, "Wu Yifan, Listen to my words. I will never have to open it. Because that day will never come." He said, as he placed the necklace in my palm, indicating for me to place the necklace on him. He turned around and I closed the clasp at the back of his neck, he stood up and walked over to a mirror causing his face to light up with a smile. "It looks beautiful on you." I said, before he turned around and approached me, bending his knees slightly causing our breaths to tickle each others lips. "I love you my galaxy." He managed to make out before I smashed our lips together.  


"Who are you texting? Your side guy?" He said as he lied on the bed behind me. "Tao, Stop joking. It isn't funny." I calmly replied, as I pressed 'send' on the short message I typed for my mother.  "Aha! I can tell by your voice it's so-" "-Tao, Stop kidding like this okay?!" I exclaimed turning around to find a shocked expression, "Kris.." I've had enough of his jokes, I felt bad, but I just couldn't hold everything in anymore. "When will you ever care about how other people feel?" "What's wrong with you? Why are you so mad?" He asked as he sat up on the bed and reached out to take my hand. I pulled it away before standing up, and walked over to where my shirts were hanging up. I started taking them down one by one and putting them in my bag, I took a flannel and put it over my plain white shirt. "What are you doing?" He yelled, now standing on his bed at an attempt to stand above me. "Don't leave like this Kris! I don't like this Kris, You better stop right now." He continued, as I started to zip my bag closed. "Kris, This is too much." I placed the strap over my shoulder and turned towards the door, "If you want to pack all your stuff and walk out like this then we're-" I stopped, and turned to face him, connecting stares I watched as a single tear fell from his eyelash, "-We're done." He finished. A dry laugh escaped my lips as I felt my own eyes begin to water, "You finally said it huh?"  I said, before I walked out and closed the door behind me. I lied down on my bed staring at the pale ceiling, as I recalled the harsh argument I had with him a few nights ago. I heard a faint knocking sound coming from downstairs, as I slowly crept down the stairs I immediately recognized that signature knock. I slowly approached the door, before grabbing it with a shaky hand. I slowly turned it in my palm and pulled it open. He stood at the doorstep, holding a small box in his hands, my eyes met his and he gave a faint smile. "Keep it for yourself." He extended his arm holding the box in front of me, "I'm not the one who needs it." I slowly reached my arm out at an attempt to hide my unsteadiness. When my fingers touched the soft black box, my knees almost gave up on me. Tao gave me one last look in the eye, before turning around and walking back to his car. I walked back inside and placed the box on the kitchen counter, I stared at it for a moment before I slowly opened it revealing a golden butterfly. I slowly took it out and gazed at it before separating the wings causing a small thin piece of paper to fall out from in between. I picked it up and read as it said, "Come back, I miss you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This was really short haha sorry. Two shot anybody? Three..Four short maybe? Haha, this was slightly rushed so sorry for any mistakes. Please comment!