The Plan II

Well, who knew this would happen to me.

It's been two weeks since China, it's been two weeks already. You stared at the package in your hand that represented the new life you were to have. The tickets were for a flight to somewhere different, somewhere new, somewhere without Chanyeol. The tickets also contained a new name, a new identity, a new life story, a new person. It was your only escape, yet you never felt more disgusted at the idea. The last two weeks have been hard, Chanyeol started living in the new roommate house so your late night dates and regular conversation started to happen not so regularly. Whenever you met up, he was so tired that you just ended up watching him sleep in your bed until he needed to go to his next schedule. It was like it couldn't have happened more in tune with your plan. 

You had two weeks left, two weeks to end this. Two weeks you pack everything up here and leave. You had already sent in your letter of resignation in at the Vet clinic and the owner expressed their disappointment in your sudden departure. You asked them to not tell any of your clients yet, as you will inform them yourself. You couldn't risk Jongin finding out or Sehun finding out. Most of your apartment was sorted and back to the state it was prior to your arrival. Most of your things were packaged but locked in the spare room so Chanyeol couldn't catch onto your plan. 

You had two weeks left.

***

A very harsh knock against your door awoke you from your deep slumber. At first you thought you were dreaming, but then it kept going. The banging, again and again. You walked slowly to your door and peeked through the crack as a familiar face greeted you. However you didn't feel the same joy you normally feel when you saw this face.

His face was extremely thin, hollow cheeks and his eye sockets were red from crying. The dark circles and eye bags were extremely prominent against his pale white skin. Small snuffle like noises filled the doorway as you opened your door up fully. He was leaning against the door frame, trying to hold up his body weight. You could smell the alcohol seeping out of his body. He was never much of a drinker and you knew he only drank when he really had to. So you wondered what the occasion was. 

"Can I come in?" His voice was week and soft, more alcohol scents hit your nostrils. You didn't say anything, but you moved aside and allowed him into your house. He stumbled in and you caught him in the right moment. You guided his body into the living room and rested his head against a soft cushion. You walked into the kitchen to find some water and possible pain killers. That's when his sobs got louder and louder. You walked slowly around the corner and peeked at the broken body on the couch. 

"He said he would never leave. He said that we were suppose to be together forever. He promised us, he was a leader to us. He betrayed us. No, we betrayed him. No, we deserved this. No. No." He rolled over on the couch and hugged his legs up towards his chest as he started to sob louder. The news of Kris leaving the group had just broke out and you've been trying to avoid Chanyeol so you didn't even contact him. However seeing this absolutely crushed your heart. 

You moved slowly towards the couch towards where his head was placed. Your fingers found their way into his soft locks. Oh how you had missed these locks, nothing can beat the softness of his hair. You gently, as if comforting a little child, little hush noises escaped your lips. Slowly you lifted his head and placed yourself underneath him. He remained rolled up like a ball, but his face was now placed snuggly within your lap. His tears started to soak through the thin material of your shorts, but the wetness didn't bother you.

Neither of you spoke. You continued to comb through his hair, and he continued until his violent sobs turned into something more gentle and sporadic. Slowly, his chest heaved up and down to a steady beat. His sobs reduced to little hiccups here and there. He fell asleep. How are you suppose to leave him? So vulnerable, so innocent, so young still. You can't leave him? But can he handle the truth? Will he still stay if you told him who you really were? At some point during that night, your thoughts pulled you into a deep slumber. 

***

The first thing you thought of was your back and how it ached. You always wanted to get a bigger and better sofa, but things got busy and gradually you forgot. You reached out expecting a body to be close or near but then realised your were no longer sitting up, rather laying down with a blanket on top of you. You turned around hurriedly, almost panicking, wondering if Chanyeol had left, wondering if he's still okay. 

"I'm here." His deep voice came out rather weakly from his throat. The crying has caused his voice to turn slightly husky, which only made it more y. You turned around on the sofa to find Chanyeol sitting by the coffee table right next to you. His eyes were still puffy and he held a small ice pack against his face to reduce the swelling. "I have a photo shoot later, I'd rather not explain to the make-up artists why I have such puffy eyes." He tried to force out a smile as he explained the ice pack.

You sat up and pulled the blanket around yourself. You scratched you head a few times and tried to stretch out the knots on your shoulders and back. You didn't know what to say, or more you wanted to say a lot of things. Why were you crying? Was it because of Kris? Are you going to be okay? I've missed you. Nothing came out though, you just stared awkwardly at your fingers as his mind wondered to somewhere deeper. 

"You should go." That's all you manage to choke out before you got up and walked towards the kitchen. You hid yourself inside the fridge, pretending to look for food. You could almost see the hurt on his face as you said those words. It only made you hurt more. Gosh you're dumb.

"I"m sorry, I'm sorry I barged in like this. I'm sorry I was drunk. I'm sorry I didn't tell you early. I'm sorry I haven't contacted you. I'm just really extremely sorry." He sounded a like a child pleading for forgiveness. You saw him trying to fight back tears that were forcing to spill out. You clenched your hands tightly forming white little crescents against your skin. 

"Please. Go." Your voice came out as a mere whisper as you struggled to hold back your tears. They started to form so violently around your eyes that suddenly you were blinded by them. That's when Chanyeol's firm arms wrapped you into his warm embrace. You struggled at first, punching his chest, pushing him, bashing your hands against him. Your tears that pooled against your frames are now flowing freely down your cheeks. You didn't realise, but you started to sob violently as you tried to pry yourself free. 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Chanyeol repeated again and again as his grip around you tightened. Soon you grew tired of trying to make him leave, especially since you really had no intention to let him go. Your arms finally stopped pounding, but instead balled themselves up against Chanyeol's shirt, pulling him closer and tighter into you. You both clung onto each other, as if you were the only hope the other had in their life. You buried your face against his chest, as he buried his face against your shoulders. 

I can't leave him, not unless he wants to leave me. I'm going to tell him the truth. 

***

Your dark orbs reflected a longing that was also seen in his eyes. Somehow you both ended up in your bed, both on your sides as you stared back into each other's eyes. 

"I'm a pretty crappy girlfriend aren't I? I was suppose to comfort your, yet I ended up making you more upset. I'm sorry." You breathed the words gently as your watched your fingers that were tangled between his longer and more slender ones. He didn't reply, he just shook his head slightly as he continued to play with your fingers. "Are you going to be okay?" You scooted yourself closer and lower so that your eyes met with his. His pupils shifted from the left to the right, then back to the left. He tried to smile, he tried really hard, but the sadness was still present in his eyes. 

You shifted your position once again so you could pull him inside your chest. You wrapped your arms around his head as your started to play with his hair again. He wrapped his arms around your middle and started to draw little circular shape against the small of your back. Everything settled back into a comfortable silence. 

***

Your eyes fluttered open and suddenly you were confused by the unfamiliar darkness. It was only light a few minutes ago you swear.  Chanyeol still clung to your middle tightly, fast asleep. You tried to shift out of his grip without waking him up, but then you realised it was impossible. That's when you suddenly panicked and pushed Chanyeol a little too hard. 

"YOUR PHOTO SHOOT!" You yelled maybe a little too loud at the still slightly sleep induced Chanyeol.

Chanyeol put his finger against his lips and made a hush sound. "I left three hours ago when you fell asleep, and came back just then." He nestled back into your body and pulled you flush against him once again. You grabbed your phone off the bed side table as Chanyeol settled back into his slumber. 

2AM. That day went fast, you did nothing but sleep and eat. That's when your stomach growled violently, so loud that Chanyeol propped his head up from your stomach to stare at your weirdly.

"Did you even eat today?" He questioned through his sleepiness.

"I don't think so...." You voice drifted as you tried to re-call a time that your had consumed food over the day. "Nup. Pretty sure I haven't eaten." 

"Kimchi fried rice then?" He got up from the bed and put on a fluffy jacket as he reached for your hand. You nodded almost too enthusiastically as you placed your hands within his. 

You sat with your leg propped up on the chair as your watched Chanyeol move swiftly around the kitchen. Your kitchen was already extremely small to begin with, having someone as tall and big as Chanyeol inside, made it seem even smaller. Yet he moved around the small space with grace and accuracy. 

Soon the fragrant smell of kimchi fried rice filled your nostrils as your stomach continued to cry out. You sneakily walked up behind Chanyeol and wrapped your arm around his waist. Your tried to prop your face on to his shoulder but he was too tall to reach so you just peeked your head out from the side. A soft laughter escaped Chanyeol's lips and it was the first time you've herd him laugh for a while now. 

"Ahhh" Chanyeol gripped the spatula and brought a small spoon full close to your mouth. You lent forwards and captured the food urgently into your mouth. The taste was amazing, not sure if it was because you've literally had nothing to eat all day, or the fact the Chanyeol is indeed a really great cook. You tried to hid much you enjoyed the taste of the food, but you were soon betrayed by your instincts as you asked for more.

Chanyeol rested the pan on the coaster on the kitchen bench and you brought out two spoons. You both sat on either sides of the kitchen island as your started to spoon the food out of the pan into your mouth. You were so concentrated, on the food and food only, that you didn't even realise that Chanyeol wasn't eating. He watched you instead, devouring the food he had jsut created, a shy smile hanging on the edge of his mouth. You paused suddenly when you finally realised. Scared that something had shocked him, as you do eat quite violently and well un lady like, you stared quizzically into his soft brown eyes. 

"What?" As few pieces of rice fell out of your mouth and on to the counter. You placed your hands over your mouth a little too slowly to be able to capture it. Shocked you stared at the pieces of rice on the counter, then back at Chanyeol who also stared at the rice and then back at you. Suddenly Chanyeol broke out in the most hysterical laughter you've ever herd. He rocked himself on the chair, his hands covering his belly as he pointed to the rice on the counter. Gradually you caught on to his giggle, and both of your ended up in the rage of laughter over the smallest thing in the world. 

Slowly the laugher died down, and Chanyeol wiped tears that had formed around his eyes from laughing so hard. "It's good to hear you laughing again." You spoke out this time, more elegantly, with no food in your mouth. 

"It's good to laugh again." Chanyeol smiled brightly back at you. His smile and happiness was slowly returning back to him. He patted his lap and few times and you got up and moved your self to sit snuggly against his tall frame. You had your legs draped over his as you sat side on, with one half facing him and the other side facing the food. You lent on the bench spooning the food steadily into your mouth as Chanyeol rested his chin against your shoulder, watching you eat once again. 

"Let's runaway." Chanyeol spoke sternly causing you to almost choke on your food a little. You dropped the spoon and stared wide eyes at Chanyeol. You swallowed what food was left in your mouth before you started to speak once again.

"What?"

"Let's runaway, you and me. Into the countryside, start a new life, as farmers. We'd grow crops and own two dogs. I'll farm all day, and you can cook me yummy food at night. Let's runaway, huh?" How tempting that all sounded in that moment. If you were anyone else you would've said yes then and there. But he had obligations, you have a history, it isn't that easy in this case. 

A little sadness was reflected in his eyes as he realised the reality of his proposal. He wanted to do that so badly, but he knew the consequences he would or his family would have to deal with if he just left so suddenly. He was under contract and the debt would be too high for his family to handle. He can't put them through that. 

"When the time is right, let's runaway." You proposed. "Not right now, but when the time is right, let's go."

"So you won't ever leave me then? You'll wait for me? Until I'm ready and I'll wait for you until you're ready?"

You hesitated as you tried to search for the truth from his eyes. You pushed his bangs out of the way and stared directly into his innocent brown orbs. He searched for your response desperately. His eyes darting back and forth once again. So you lent down softly and place a gentle and chaste kiss against his lips, almost like a seal for the deal that is about to be struck between you and him.

"I won't leave you, I'll wait."


Ho ho ho, what will happen next hehe?

We are getting down to the nitty gritty of this story. A few twist and turns ahead so grab your seat tightly as you join them on this slightly emotional rollercoaster! :)

Thank you all for the constant support and comments, I love you guys!! :)

ALSO! LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT A CHAPTER. I HAVE ONE IN MIND BUT IT'S UP TO YOU IF I SHOULD WRITE IT OR NOT :)

CHANYEOL DON'T CRY BABY!!

THIS IS MUCH BETTER, SMILEY CHANYEOL! :)