2

Flower Girl

“Man the heats been crazy these past few weeks” Jihyun thought as she sat on her scooter waiting patiently for the light to turn green. “At least it's good for the flowers.” 

It was 12 in the afternoon as the streets are less busy leaving Jihyun with zero traffic. Content and satisfied with the turn out, Jihyun was able to drive through the road with no problem. “Man I love days like this” she thought to herself smiling. 
------------------------
“Sungyeol, why don't you have a girlfriend?” a cute, petite high-schooler asked shyly.

This girl was a regular at the shop and would walk all the way from her school to the shop at lunch just so she could see Sungyeol. 

“No reason” Sungyeol replied with a polite smile as Hoya was wrapping up flowers in the back of the shop. “I just haven't found that someone I guess...” 

“So!” the girl suddenly exclaimed. “You don't like anyone?!” 

Startled and starting to feel a little flustered, Sungyeol averts his gaze from the girl and chuckles nervously. “Well...” 

Before Sungyeol could correct the girl, Hoya had already passed the small bouquet of flowers to the girl. 

“I'll wait for you!” the girl shouted gleefully before skipping out the shop. 

“You should've just told her the truth” Hoya said, patting Sungyeol on the back. 

“It's not as easy as it sounds” Sungyeol commented, feeling a little gloomy on this bright sunny afternoon. “I don't want to ruin the relationship we have” he thought to himself as he played with one of the flower peddles that was on the counter. 

Flashback
“Hello, may I help you with anything?” Sungyeol said with a bright and cheerful tone. 

Although it was only one year ago, Sungyeol looked a lot younger than he does now as his hair was a lot shorter and his skin was a lot tanner. Still new to the works of owning a business, Sungyeol stood alone as he waited for customers patiently everyday. Without success, Sungyeol slowly started to feel depressed and was even planning on closing down the shop until...

“Uh...no sorry, I don't have any money” the cute young lady replied with a toneless voice. 

Sungyeol was attracted to her immediately as she was just his type in the looks department. “She's cute...” he thought as he watched the girl look blissfully at the flowers. “She seems to really like flowers too...” 

Sungyeol couldn't help but admire this mysterious girl as she may have been considered his first official customer. 

“There's not a lot of flower shops around here nowadays” the girl commented. “I think it's really nice what you have going here.” 
The girl suddenly looks up at Sungyeol who was caught off guard (as he was too busy staring at her) and gives him a small but sweet smile. “Don't even think about closing this shop okay? I'll make sure to buy something next time I come here.” 

Sungyeol could feel his face turning bright red as he was unable to reply to the girl. All Sungyeol could do was nod frantically at her and watch leave the store. 

Sungyeol couldn't take his eyes off of her as he watched her walk by the window. 

“Who was that...”

Present

“Boss, what are you doing? Are you having a flashback?” Hoya asked, poking at Sungyeol on the side of his stomach. 

Sungyeol with a large gaping smile as he stood behind the counter where customers were awkwardly waiting for him. 
---------------------------------------
“I've never delivered flowers in this neighbourhood before” Jihyun thought as she was feeling a little lost with all the large and fancy houses surrounding her. Jihyun was slowly riding on her scooter, looking for the house number #146. “146, 146, 146...” she whispered to herself. 

“Over here!” she heard a voice yell behind her. 

“Did I pass it?!” she thought as she turned her head back frantically to see a young male with his arms waving in the air. “Did you order flowers?” she asked. 

“Yeah!” he said, gesturing for her to come over. 

Jihyun quickly gets off her scooter and jogs over to the man who was wearing all black. “He doesn't look like someone who likes flowers” she thought as he looked rather gloomy/grim. 

As she slowly walks up on the steps, she could see that he was getting irritated. “Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed...” Jihyun thought as she quickly took out the card. 

“Are you Myungsoo?” she asked, looking up at the man. 

She watched as he rolled his eyes in annoyance while grumbling to himself about something. Without even confirming, the man grabs the flowers from Jihyun's hand and throws money at her before shutting the door. 

“...” 

Speechless, Jihyun awkwardly picks up the money from the floor. 

“What an .”
---------------------
“You got flowers for me babe!?” 

The girl who was laying down in her underwear on Myungsoo's black leather coach quickly gets up to walks towards him. 

“No” he replied. “Don't touch them.” 

Myungsoo shakes the girl off of him and quickly gets a vase to put the flowers in. 

Although his house looks very high-end, it was rather small compared to the houses that were in his neighbourhood. 

“I never knew you liked flowers” the girl huffed to herself while crossing her arms trying to be cute. “Why don't you ever buy me flowers?” she asked in a cutesy voice. 

“Isn't a car enough?” Myungsoo replied, angrily glaring at her. 

The girl quickly gives a soft and sweet smile and clings on to Myungsoo's arm once again. “Of course it is~” she whines. “I love you~ <3” 
------------------
“What kind of just throws money at people!” Jihyun thought as she rode back on her scooter. 

Cars honked and people yelled as they saw the frantic girl zoom by full speed. 

“The fricking , I bet he doesn't even like flowers, I bet he's just going to give it to his stripper girlfriend since he has to pay to get laid with a personality like that!” 
---------------------------
“WHAT ARE YOU DOING!” Sunggyu shouted as he waved his hands frantically. 

“I was just playing a joke!” Woohyun replied backing away. 

Woohyun who noticed Sunggyu sleeping during his break decided to stick a flower peddle up his nose. 

“WHO DOES THAT!” 

“I WAS TRYING TO TICKLE YOUR NOSE!” 

“THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT SOUND ANY BETTER!”

Sungyeol sighed as he watched the two quarrel like an old couple. “There's no point in stopping them” he thought. “They're inseparable” 

Flashback
“I'm glad you both want to work here” Sungyeol said brightly to the two boys sitting across from him. 

It was a job interview as Woohyun and Sunggyu were the only two people to have wanted to work at the flower shop. 

“Nice to meet you. I'm Woohyun” he said giving a polite bow while showing a bright smile afterwards. 

“He'll be perfect for the shop” Sungyeol thought as he watched the cheerful young man greet him politely. “I'm sure we'll get a lot of customers with someone like him.” 

Then Sungyeol looked over at Sunggyu to see his introduction. 

“Hey, I'm Sunggyu” Sunggyu replied, with a level of arrogance that shocked both Woohyun and Sungyeol. He didn't even look over at Sungyeol when introducing himself but instead looked over at the side like some kind of rebellious teen. 

“Uh...” 

“What?” Sunggyu asked, glaring up at Sungyeol as if he was forced to be here. 

“N-nothing” Sungyeol replied, quickly looking down at his sheets. 

“So...” Sungyeol continued. “Why do you guys want to work here?” 

Sungyeol looked over at Woohyun who had a bright and cheerful smile on his face. “Well” Woohyun begin. “I want to get laid.”

“.....................................................................................”

“WHAT?!” Sungyeol thought to himself, eyes widen as he looked over at the shameless boy who still had the bright innocent smile on his face. 

“Girls love flowers, I love girls, it's the perfect plan” Woohyun continued. 

“Okay, okay, that's enough.”

Trying to keep his composure infront of the two, Sungyeol let out a deep breath and looked over at Sunggyu. “This isn't going to be good...” he thought.

“I-I love flowers” Sunggyo said, with a complete different expression on his face than before. “I honestly prefer flowers rather than people...My grandmother owned a flower shop and taught me a lot about all the different ty-”

Too indulged in his thoughts on flowers, Sunggyu hadn't noticed that Sungyeol and Woohyun was staring at him with mouths wide open. “Uh...” he said uncomfortably. 

“He's like a whole different person when talking about flowers” Sungyeol thought. “He's like me...” 

“Uh...” Sungyeol said, trying to get back to the interview. “Well I can only hire one of you...” he continued, looking over at Woohyun and Sunggyu. 

“One has a great attitude but wants the job for the total wrong reason while the other has a terrible attitude while has a great reason to be here...” 

After putting more thought into it, Sungyeol had finally decided on who to choose. 

“Woohyun, congratulations” Sungyeol said. “You got the job.” 

All three of them stood up as Woohyun and Sungyeol shook hands with one another. Sungyeol looked over at Sunggyu who had a rather indifferent expression on his face. “I guess he can work at another flower shop” he thought to himself. 

“There's not a lot of flower shops around here nowadays” 

“Is he really going to be alright...” Sungyeol thought concerned. 

“Sungye-sir” 

“Yes Woohyun?” Sungyeol asked. 

“I'm sorry but I can't work here.”

“What!” Sungyeol exclaimed, puzzled. “Why not?! Is it because of the pay?!”

“No...” Woohyun replied looking down at the floor. Suddenly to Sungyeol and Sunggyu's surprise, Woohyun grabs Sunggyu's hand and shouts “Because he needs to work here!” 

Flustered, Sunggyu shakes Woohyun's hand off of his and gives a “are you high?” look on his face.  Woohyun was being dramatic as ever, as he starts giving a grand speech on how Sunggyu deserves this job more than he does and how hes never seen someone so dedicated to something as Sunggyu is. 

“What do I do...” Sungyeol thought as he watched Woohyun (who was still making his speech). “If I don't make a decision, this guy is never going to shut up...” 

“...I'll hire both of you.” -.-”

Present 

“Thanks to these two, I had to live off of ramen noodles for 4 months” he thought as he watched the two argue with a grin on his face. 

“Stop having flashbacks in the middle of the store boss.”