Prologue

I Would Keep The Light Up For You

It was 10 at night, and it was raining quite heavily outside. Though it didn't bother Krystal much as the sound of the rain hitting the ground didn't reach her apartment that she own. Heck, she was reading her english book with "fifty shades of grey" written on the cover with her white earphone attached perfectly on both her ear peacefully. She's not a big fan of the book, but her senior, Tiffany, recommended her, and it would be rude if someday Tiffany ask her about it and she can't answer, beside this is one of those rare scheduled-free days that she would get at her comeback days. So she thought she could use the time to read the book.

Krystal swing her right foot to the left and to the right according to the beat of the RnB song she was currently listening. Her eyes are following on every words that's on the page, while her brain didn't need to take that long to understand the words. Talking about one of the advantage of growing up with english as one of her language.

Suddenly, the bell rang. There's someone outside. It took her twice the bell need to rang before she finally noticed it. She furrowed her eyebrows. Who would come at this kind of time? She looked up a bit, thinking if she have some kind of forgotten promise with her friends or her sister. But seems like she can't continue to think about it as another sound of bell echoing to the apartment. Feeling the sudden need of opening it, she put her book and ipod aside, didn't really care to mark the page she was currently reading, and walk to the front door.

 

When she reached the front door, she was hesitating a bit. There's this tiny little feeling inside her that keep asking who would be outside the door. But those feeling is overshadowed with her curiosity. And so, she placed her hand to the door handle and open the door.

Krystal was shocked.

She's definitely surprised at who she saw.

Well who wouldn't?

She just saw her friend, who happened to be ignoring her all this whole week without a reason, standing over her front door with clothes all drenched, shivering, face as pale as white paper and was looking at her with a pained expression. Once again, who wouldn't?

"Sulli?" Krystal said as if she was trying to make sure it was really her. The girl though didn't answer and instead she just looking down to her feet, and that's when Krystal realized that Sulli was crying.

"Hey, are you okay?" Krystal asked, slowly putting her hand to the shaking shoulder of the slightly taller girl. When Krystal hand make a contact with her, Krystal immediately feel a sudden jolted of electric that feels all too familiar to her that she almost retreat her hand back. But she pushes all those feelings aside and instead focusing more to Sulli. She was now worried that Sulli didn't uttered a single word.

"Hey, Sulli?" Krystal tried once again, putting her other hand to Sulli shoulder and bent her head a little trying to see more clear of Sulli's face. "Is anything wrong?"

Out of sudden, Sulli hug Krystal, and Krystal swear both of them would fall if she can't keep her balance well. She can feel Sulli is now crying on her shoulder and her clothes getting all wet too. She was too confused and speechless to even return the hug back.

"S-Soojung.." Sulli cracking voice woke her up from her thought. Krystal didn't answer. She didn't like where this things lead to. She didn't like it how broken Sulli sounds. And she didn't like it how she was affected more than she was hopping.

"I-i'm.." Krystal flinched when Sulli muffled her cry with her shoulder. She finally could take control of her body and rub Sulli's back, trying to comfort her. But somehow, it just make Sulli cry harder.

"Say it Sull.. Say it.." She said softly. And she brave herself for the answer.

"I'm.. P-pregnant.."

Her move stop, her heart stop beating, so does her breath. Her eyes wide open and if its possible, her jaw could touch the floor. Her best friend, suddenly ignored her, then one night she come to her apartment crying, and saying that she was pregnant.

Her whole world just stop at that moment.

 

***

 

ANDDD thats the prologue!!! ah im getting nervous all of sudden, lol. Forgive grammar or spelling mistakes. English is not my first language and it's midnight here. I will try to be more active in this site ^^ See you at the first chapter! Comment and subscribe would be appriciated, thanks!