Prologue

The Guide to Seducing Kim Jongin

The day started off so well.

 

"OW," Aven yelled in pain. "I agreed with you! Why the heck did you hit me!

I bursted out laughing as she rubbed her arm in pain. "Here, do you need the sunscreen," she asked and handed over a blue bottle with a turnable cap so it can lock and unlock. "Yeah, thanks," I said as I grabbed the bottle and pressed down hard on the cap so I can put sunscreen on my arms. But, turns out, the hole where the sunscreen comes out wasn't facing my arms, but my eyes. "OWWWW!" 

Aven, who saw the entire show, bursted out laughing. When I finished being in pain, I glared at her and continued to put on sunscreen. Once I was done, we walked out of the restroom and entered the field where are forth period class was being held. P.E. 

"Gosh, my eyes sting so much," I mumbled as I tried to restrict rubbing my eyes. "Yeah, well instead of continuing to put on sunscreen you should have washed your eyes first", Aven giggled. "Oh shut up," I answered back. "Make me", and with that, she jumped on top of me and we both went falling down.

"YAH! GET OFF! YOU'RE HEAVY!!" 

Aven stumbled off of me and dusted herself off, "Well, it's not like you're not heavy either." She offered her hand so she can pull me up. It's true, we weren't like the other girls in the school. While most of them were pretty and skinny, Aven and I were cubby and had acne all over our faces. "At least I don't jump on people." Aven stuck her tounge at me as our P.E tacher called us over. 

"Alright class, time for some laps!" Aven and I looked over at each other. .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I swear, if he makes us run one more lap this week, I'm going to jump on him", Aven threatened as she stripped off her P.E clothes and put on her uniform. I laughed and stripped as well. We usually wait till the locker room was empty before we changed. One, to avoid judgemental comments, and two, to say and do whatever we want to. 

"Did you finish the math homework? Can I copy it," Aven asked and immediately reached over for my binder and opened it. "NO! DON'T TOUCH MY BINDER!"

But it was too late. She saw the white envelope with Kai's name scribbled upon it. "Park Karissa. What the hell is this," she asked as she held the envelope in her hand. "It's not what you think," I tried to reason and attempted to grab the letter from her hands, but she was smart and hid the letter behind her. "It's exactly what I think," she said. "Why didn't you tell me! And why are you so embarrassed?!"

"I'm sorry! I wasn't sure if I was going to give it to him or not! So I just left it in my binder", I explained. Aven handed me back the letter and I put it safely back into my binder. The bell rang signaling that it was lunch and Aven and I left the locker room.

This is the part where it happened.

"Karissa, it's Kai," Aven pointed out. Yes, there he was, standing there in his hotness glory. I felt my knees suddenly turn weak and I reached over to Aven for support. "Give him the letter," she suddenly suggested. I looked over at her with wide eyes. "No way! He's for sure going to reject me!" Aven rolled her eyes, "If you don't do it now, you're never going to do it later. Do you want to spend the rest of your life regretting that you didn't confess to Kai?"

"What if Kai rejects me and something happens to me?"  Aven rolled her eyes again and put her hand on her hip, "Kai's rejected a lot of girls and nothings ever happened to them. Just go." I thought about it for a couple of seconds. Well, there is no doubt in mind that he's going to reject me. But Aven does have a point. I don't want to spend the rest of my years regretting not doing this. What if a opportunity like this never comes along again?!

"I'll do it", I said a little to loudly and grabbed the letter from by binder. People glanced at us weirdly. Aven jumped up in the air, "Go Karissa!" 

I pressed the letter close to my chest and slowly walked over to Kai. I looked over my shoulder and glanced at my friend, Aven, who ed her fist into the air, mouthing "fighting". I let out a sigh. Now or never.

Kai was leaning against the locker talking to his friend. Why is he so hot? Even his back is hot. I lifted my hand and tapped him on the shoulder. Kai turned around. He glanced at the letter I was clutching to my chest and eyed me suspiciously. With a wave of his hand, his friend left and me and Kai were alone. Alone with literally 50 other people. "Uh. Hi", I greeted with a small little wave. He waved hi back and smirking. GOSH. WHY. IS. HE .SO. FREAKIN. HOT. NO ONE IN THE PLANET SHOULD BE LIKE THIS. YOU ARE A THREAT TO MANY GIRLS HEARTS. Including mine.

"Uh. Please accept my confession!", I exclaimed and ed the letter out to him. His smirk got a little bigger, which lead my knees turning weak and my mind to fangirl over him. He opened the letter and scanned over it. When he was done, he looked over at me and pushed me against the locker, his arms pinned next to the sides of my head. I glanced around and saw people looking at us.

His lips were so close. So dangerously close, and I had to fight back the temptation of kissing him. But, instead of kissing me, he whispered something. Something I will never forget. 

"Why in the world would I ever go out with a girl like you, fat ?"

I stared at him with wide eyes and turned back to Aven, she immedialty sensed something bad and motioned me to walk back to her, but before I can, I felt Kai grab my wrist and pull me back to him.

"Hey everyone!", he yelled in the hallway and was immediatly given attention. "Miss Park Karissa over here gave me something that I'm sure that you guys would like to hear!"

I felt my heart sink and I deperately tried to escape from his grip, but failed. "Calm down pig," he said softly so no else but me hear it. I glanced back at Aven, but she seemed frozen in her place, her eyes widened. 

"Dear Kim Jongin, gosh, how do I put this. I've had a crush on you since Grade 7. I remember when I first laid eyes on you. Gosh, you are so hot..........."

Aven quickly spring into action and grabbed my hand and we both ran. Kai didn't care. I heard the course of laughter and Kai's voice behind us as we ran.

I will never forget what you did.

We stopped at the school garden, but I didn't want to stop there. I grabbed Aven's hand and ran out of school and into the busy streets. I felt my eyes water.

"I am so sorry Karissa. I am so so sorry. I didn't think that he would do something like that," Aven apologized and looked at the floor, clutching both my hands. I wanted to scream at her. I wanted to say that she shouldn't have been so confident, and that she didn't know what Kai would do. I wanted to tell her that she was so stupid and I wanted to tell her piss off and leave me alone.

But I didn't. I pulled her into a hug and cried into her shoulder. She immediately hugged me back. I'm pretty sure that people were looking at us weirdly, but I didn't care. I'm a teenager who just went through one of the worst moments in her life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went to school the next day. I knew I shouldn't have. Everywhere I went, people teased me. Copies of my letter were on every locker, every door, everywhere.

During class, when we were asked to read out loud, people took turns reading my letter. During music, people tried to turn my letter into a song. 

It was lunch and Aven and I came out of the locker rooms. And there he was, the bastard. He was currently laughing as his friends were telling me something. It didn't take me a while to realize his friends were reciting my letter. It was that little action that set me off and I ran as far from the school as I possibly can.

It was 5 pm when Aven came over to my house. FIVE. FREAKIN. PM. I'VE BEEN BAWLING MY EYES OUT. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN.

"What took you so long! I left school at 2! Why did it take you 3 hours for you to come here," I yelled at her. Aven just walked into my house and took off her shoes and bag and slumped into the couch. "Sorry, I had a meeting with the principal," she said as she closed her eyes and rested.

At first I was confused, why would she have a meeting with the principal? There were no events that were going to take place this week, and that's when it hit me. "You didn't," I gasped. Aven opened her eyes and flashed me a smile, "Oh. But I did."

I looked at her hands, which were placed right on top of her stomach, the right hand was wrapped up. I looked at the white button up shirt that we had to wear every day, there were little red spots on it. Blood.

My eyes widened in surprise. "I punched Kai when you left. Broke his nose," Aven said in a tone that sounded like she was a little too pleased with herself. I bursted out laughing. It didn't take a while for her to burst out laughing as well. "You should have seen his face. PRICELESS!"

As soon as we settled down, Aven reached over for her bag and pulled out pieces of papers. "I took down the notes that you missed today. You're welcome." I looked down at the floor, "I don't need them." Aven sat up and looked at me with confused eyes, "You're not coming tomorrow?" 

"I'm not coming ever," I said and looked up at her, with tears already pooling from my eyes. Aven's face softened and she stood up to hug me. "Don't leave. Please don't leave." I shook my head, "The damage has been done. Both me and my dad agreed that it would be best if I stayed with my aunt in China. If I didn't, there is a huge possibility I would have to spend my high school year being teased and bullied."

"But what about me? We've been friends since Grade 1. You can't just expect me to find a new best friend and move on", she sobbed. I felt her tears through my shirt. I forgot to think about Aven when I came up with the decision. I didn't think about what my departure would do to her. "I'll come back. I promise. I come back before we graduate."

Aven looked up at me with her eyes filled with tears, but there was so hope in her eyes. "Really?" I nodded. "Of course." 

Ever since that night, Aven never left my side. She helped me pack. She slept on the floor besides my bed. She drove with me to the airport. And when she did leave my side. It was when the security guards took her away because she couldn't board the plane without a ticket. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I hope that was okay. Did you guys enjoy it? I hope you did. I'll try to get chapter two posted as fast as I can. But for now, I'll leave you with a picture of Changjo

 

SO ADORABLE.