Chapter 3

Demons Among Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Who am I? Well, I’m Park Sandara. Nothing special about me. I was diagnosed schizophrenic, bipolar and suffering from anxiety and depression. I agreed on everything that the doctor told me but not the schizophrenia thing. Because one thing for sure, I could definitely see ghosts. However, not the normal ones. I can see things that no one can see, even the exorcists like angels and worst, demons. I saw one time a demon dragging helpless soul down to the chasm of hell.

 

 

“Who are you?” His voice once again sent storm, flashing lights and loud thunderous shout.

 

 

Pain remained, my head been throbbing as I took time to open my eyes. “Was it a dream?” I rubbishy mumbled. Fingers massaging my head continuously as I saw myself in the mirror lying on the wooden floor. “It isn’t a dream, is it?”

 

 

I felt severe hammering pain, a pulsing sensation on just one side of my head. Feeling nauseous, my insides wanted to vomit as my eyes became extremely sensitivity towards the soft yellow light of my room. Migraine attacked me severely that the ache was disabling.On four, I crawled to get my medicine on top of my old brown side table. Without thinking straight, I took more than the recommended pills but I couldn’t care less if I’ll get over dose or what.

 

 

Remembering every second of this perfect being in front of me made me realize it really happened, he was in my room. My pupils dilated, hands eventually quivered. Rushing to look outside my window, the empty streets welcomed me. Wind blew harshly as if it didn’t want anyone to survive the storm. No one was there. He wasn’t there.

 

 

But it felt like someone had eyes on me.

 

 

All these unusual things made me dizzy as I reached for the glass, only to find out I ran out of water. It was past half an hour after two in the morning, the great silence made me hear my own heartbeat desperately wanting something that I do not even understand. Thought I was going insane as I my radio, to fill this blank space in my room. Weirdly, no station was there, only empty static noises came out. Shaking my head, I reached for the glass to get water downstairs.

 

 

The hallway seemed longer, my steps had been dilatory heavy. The glass slithered through my fingers as it landed on the floor, breaking frigidly. A puerile shadow of someone on floor had me running as her face became luminous. “M- mom...” I could not think straight as my vision smeared with tears, choking hastily. As if the whole world crashed into pieces, my body stiffened, feeling numb and frozen. Another obtrusively loud lightning filled the house, rain begun crying altogether.

 

 

“Dad! Help me! Mom collapsed!” I blubbered, weak voice escaped my dry throat. I heard no response. “Dad!“ shrilling, I held the knob but for a second, it made me think twice, like a heavy feeling hugging me to stop. I opened nonetheless, trembling hands shifted all over my whole body as I fell on my knees. Seeing my father lying on his side, eye glasses shattered, eyes opened wide.

 

 

This was it. The day I really would want to die. The pain was worst than five years ago. As if dying will be the best gift that the creator could give me. Raining cats and dogs had my eyes drown in tears even more, balling my fists in agony and unexplainable twinge inside my heart. The Gods must have thought highly of me, for giving me such devastating despair. Do they think I will surpass this? Do they think I’m strong enough to keep my life going?

 

~

 

An individual in a white robe stood before me, sighing as if he knew my sufferings. “Our initial finding is heart attack. Both are dead on arrival.” My tears once more crumbled, felt like the heavens cursed me for just being alive. “Should we proceed on autopsy?”

 

 

Nothing I could do or process, I just involuntarily nodded as I felt a squeeze on my shoulder from the blonde person sitting beside me. Her palm soon caressed my back as I felt even more crying, turning me to a mess. She fixed my hair and tied it to pony tail, then her hand wiped my continuously pouring tears, cupping both my unfeeling cheeks.

 

 

“But, it’s somehow strange. They both had heart attack simultaneously. Do you probably know if they had fight? Or there’s a shocking event in your house? A burglar or something?” An officer prated unannounced. Heartless and pitiless. All I did was to stare at him, my eyes still blood shot. “Can she rest first before you torture her with questions?” Chaerin hissed, she stood and flipped her hair, giving him an eye of a tiger ready to rip his body into two. “O... Okay. You can always visit the precinct if you have anything to report. We’ll go ahead.”

 

 

The weak footsteps soon vanished, leaving just the two of us. “You okay?” she smiled, but that smile was too gloomy as I started realizing the unjust w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter