t w o

If You Never Hated Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

* T H R E E Y E A R S L A T E R *
Jiyeon got to school early, her duties in ASB calling. Her job of the day was to welcome a new student, a junior. Wouldn't Siwan be a junior now too? Jiyeon silently smacked herself and started frosting her cupcake for the new kid, part of the batch she made for the rest of her friends.

Half an hour later, someone got her attention. "Hello? Is this where the new kids are supposed to go?"

Her subconscious recognized the voice somehow and Jiyeon automatically assumed it was one of her friends. Opening her eyes from the little doze she had on the steps, she mumbled, "What do you want?" She heard an awkward laugh and finally opened her eyes. "Crap! I'm sorry, didn't realize that you were the new kid!"

He held a hand out and Jiyeon shook it. "Hi, I'm Siwan." Without taking a closer look, Jiyeon just assumed the name was a coincidence. Handing him his schedule and the cupcake, she led him through the school. After the tour, Siwan spoke again after only nodding during the tour itself. "So, what's your name?"

"Park Jiyeon." Siwan gaped, and Jiyeon looked at him with concern. "What's wrong?" she asked. She didn't know how wrong the whole thing was.

"My name is," Siwan stammered, "Im Siwan. I read that letter you gave-" Siwan started blabbering, but Jiyeon wanted that part of her life behind her.

"Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about. Have a good first day." With that abrupt farewell, she turned around and walked away. When she passed a big enough crowd, she broke into a jog. Anywhere but where Siwan was standing. The memories didn't need to come back.

Unfortunately, they did. The whole 7th grade year came back to her. It amazed her how much she recalled. I can't believe I can't remember where my house keys are but I can remember my whole seventh grade year. This whole thing is bull. So, at study hall, she sat down to write another letter.

To Siwan,

Today I'm writing you the whole story of our screwed up school year - the '13-'14 school year. If I get it on paper, then I won't have to think about it anymore. So, here goes.

After preparing enough paper, Jiyeon continued to write.

It all started in August. I was the new girl, and I knew practically no one. I sat at your table at the after school program for the first two weeks because I had no other place to sit. I thought, "Wow, he's kind of cute.."

**

"Jihyun!!" Jiyeon called. "I saved you a seat!" Jiyeon grinned at her cousin, who was in sixth grade. New school, new people. It was hard to meet new friends, and there were practically no seats. Jiyeon sat and waited for Jihyun to get her snack and looked around, spotting a boy that was definitely an eighth grader. He was smiling, and Jiyeon found it nice - really nice.

**

That day practically started everything. Well, except for the day that I needed math help and you were the closest to ask. You said no, but I got my math help - don't worry.

The week after that, I met Sueji. Well, we kind of met already, but we became friends. Even though she kept calling me Hyomin. I told her about my small eye candy crush on you, but she slightly disapproved at first. Now I realize that I should've listened to her, but back then I was so persistent that she grew to be okay with it. Sometimes.

**

"Who do you like??" Sueji pressed.

Jiyeon merely smiled. "It's not really a crush, but I think he's cute. Do you know who Im Siwan is?"

Sueji was astounded. "Him?!?! Why??"

Shrugging, Jiyeon answered as best as she could. "I don't know.. I like his smile? Oh, and his voice. Definitely the voice."

"Let's call him Vocals, then!" Sueji grinned with the naïvéte of a young teen girl. "By the way, this doesn't mean I approve."

Jiyeon chuckled. "Of course it doesn't."

**

Soon after this, I met Irene. As soon we started talking, we were open with each other. As our icebreaking moment, we told each other who we liked and then pledged to help each other with our crushes. Her especially, because she was friends with you. I felt really good that day - not only did I make a new friend, but the possibility of me getting a chance with you was awe-worthy.

**
Jiyeon jumped onto the couch with a plop. Turning on the television, she glanced at her phone.

BUZZ!

Irene: If I tell you who I like, will you tell me who you like?

Jiyeon: Sure! You know him.. He's an eighth grader, and in orchestra.

Irene: Hmmm, is it.. Henry?!

Jiyeon: Hey! Don't turn this on me! :p you have to tell me who you like first c:

**

Then after that, one by one, more people found out about my crush on you. Some were shocked, some encouraged it. It was pretty okay, but then my friend Hyeri made it wayy obvious to your best friend Hyungshik. I didn't even have that good of a relationship with him anyway, so I was a little nervous. He told you.. and you told your friends. One day after school, you kind of confronted me about it.

**

"Hey, little girl!"

Jiyeon turned around. It was one of Siwan's friends, and Siwan himself. Siwan saw that he got her attention, and spoke. "You know I like Sunyoung.. Right?"

"And..?" Jiyeon was a little irritated. Was she supposed to care? Plus, how dare his friend call her little girl! "I guess that's too bad for me, then."

They laughed, but Jiyeon felt good, for some weird reason.

**

I told Irene about it, and Sunyoung ended up being right there. Park Sunyoung. The girl who would become my best friend, even though you said you liked her. I met her by accidentally sitting on her. How embarrassing! During our awkward friendsh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter