Confused

Diamond Red

 

The tree became her friend for the day. She skipped all classes to clear her mind. " Why is it so hard to just fulfil one wish." She leaned her head back and closed her eyes. 

 

The last few moments of master flashed back in her mind.  

 

"Look after him. Grant what he wants. Cherish him. Love him with all your heart but-" 

 

"But kill him if he kills you hah I wish." Yuri glanced to her watch. "Time for lunch." 

 

 

 

 

 

Minho sat in the cafeteria fiddling with his food like every other day.  

 

"Hey man." Jonghyun swung his bag around the chair beside him. "Another bad day?" 

 

Minho just stayed silent. 

 

"Hey isnt that the new girl in your class?" Minho looked to the way Jonghyun was pointing. He could make out that her eyes were definitely swollen. Her uniform was stained with dirt and her hair was down. 

 

 "She's a mess, a hot mess that is." Jonghyun chuckled and continued with his lunch. 

 

Minho just eyed every step of her. All the kids surrounding her was judging her badly and some even threw pieces of scrap food to her but she didn’t care at all. She grabbed her food and went to an empty table at the corner of the cafeteria, alone. She tied her hair up in a ponytail and started eating in silence.  

 

Minho stood up suddenly and walked over.  

 

"Yo bro-" Jonghyun's voice faded in the back.  

 

He stopped infront of her table. She didn’t look up till she realized that there was a shadow that was casting her. She looked to see it was Minho and ignored him, continuing with her food. 

 

"You really want to play this game?" Minho said calmly with a cold tone. 

 

Yuri let out a small pissed chuckle. "Then game on." 

 

"This is nothing funny. Youre starting to creep the out of me." 

 

"Why would you be freaked out by someone who gets thrown around like a toy and bullied like a piece of trash?" 

 

"Your diamond red necklace." 

 

Yuri felt a pang in her heart. She became worried. Did he finally figure out who she was? "What about it?" 

 

"I have one exactly like that" This was what Yuri expected. 

 

What actually came out of Minho's mouth. "Are you playing around with some witchcraft to bring me down?" 

 

Yuri mentally face palmed herself. "No.." 

 

"Okay then sorry. But I have to tell you I didn’t-" 

 

"Stop." Yuri stood up. "I had enough for today." She walked past hoping that he would let her take a breather, but he was too stubborn.  

 

"No." He grabbed her wrist and turned her to face him. "We're settling this now." 

 

"Let me go." Yuri gritted her teeth. " Okay sure. We'll settle this now. Listen up. You stink okay. I really hate you and I really really don’t like you. If I could, I would not even be bothered to be here right now. Im just trying to carry out a wish of a dead man. Find it creepy or whatever but im watching over you. Well that's what he wants me to do..." That was what she wished she could say but she couldn’t blow her cover to easily."What do you want to settle so much that youre grabbing my hands?" Yuri pushed away aggressively and massaged her wrist. 

 

"I...actually..dont know." 

 

Yuri paused at his words. "Then don’t even come near me if you don’t even know what you want." She said without looking at him. She grabbed her bag and pushed by him, walking off. 

 

Minho walked back to the table still unaware of what he just did. 

 

"Dude! You just embarrassed the out of yourself. You don’t usually approach girls. Isnt that my job? Next time we see her, you have to stay quite, understood? Hey Choi Minho...Choi Minho..." 

 

"I know who she is." 

 

"W..what? You know her? How? What? When?" 

 

"Well actually I don’t but I think I do. Does that make sense? " 

 

"No not really." 

 

"I mean you know like de ja vu." 

 

"Still not getting there." 

 

Minho looked at Jonghyun and let out a pissed sigh. He picked up his food and walked away from the table. 

 

"Hey! Choi Minho! This boy. What in the world is wrong with him." Jonghyun talked to himself and popped a chip into his mouth. "Ah so salty." 

 

 

 

 

 

Minho had his hands in his pockets as he went out of the school to take some fresh air. He was walking at the parking lot when he saw her again. The same girl with that diamond red necklace, Kwon Yuri. 

 

He immediately had this instinct to run to her with the intention of solving what they left unattended at the canteen. Hence, he paused his footsteps. He realized that he didn’t know what he actually wanted to fix. It wasn’t his fault and he's not someone who would care when he gets blamed for something he didn’t do. He wasn’t moving forward now. He was slowly stepping back, pace getting faster and he ran off. Ran off from his fear.