Chapter 2: "Oh Sehun, are you the background?"

A Loner's Perspective

{Chapter 2: “Oh Sehun, Are You the Background?”}

 

It was Byun Baekhyun, the handsome prince for somewhat reason.

Sehun eyed him, crossing his arm over to his chest.

“Oh, you must be the problematic student right?” Baekhyun asked Sehun politely, still sitting on his chair. Sehun rolled his eyes and said to him, “Yeah right, like I wanted you to solve my problem.”

“So, if that’s not it, what are you doing in here anyway?” He asked starting to raise his tone a little bit. He was feeling that Sehun was acting rude right now. Sehun remained quiet as the prince somehow doesn’t remember him.

I was in the same class with him and he forgets that I was a loner? What a prince.

“I was here… just for something.” Sehun rolled his eyes then sighed. Why the that Mr. Kim Suho suddenly forced him to join the service club? It’s not like Baekhyun is a girl. Baekhyun was the opposite of him. He was handsome, popular, and smart to be exact. But he was a quiet guy, so he doesn’t really interact with people, except if he really needs to or except if the people was talking to him that is worth answering. While on the other side Sehun doesn’t interact at all.

“To change you, right?” Baekhyun tilted his head and plastered a soft smile. Sehun was blushing right now, but he turned away so he wouldn’t have to see the ‘prince’ at all.

“We don’t need to change.” Sehun said with a smirk.

Baekhyun felt taken aback and quickly he stood up. He furrowed his eyebrow, thinking, “What is wrong with him?”. He then replied to him back, (to beat him) “You are a loner. You needed help in this society. What makes you think that I’m the same as you?”

“You sit alone. You don’t have any friends. We both don’t. I sit alone too. Just because you are more handsome and perfect than me, it doesn’t mean that you’re not a loner.” He said with a frown.

Baekhyun got nothing as what he said was true. He stood quietly, slowly curling his hand into a fist. He sighed and said to him (again to beat him down), “But we need to change.”

Sehun smirked yet again and said to him, “No. Changing is like running away from your problem.” Baekhyun looked at him with innocent eyes, amazed. But then he smirked and replied to him, “But running away from life is changing too.”

Sehun smiled at him with his eyes narrowed. He slowly shook his head, still with his arm crossing over to his chest. “But a loner doesn’t have to change. They don’t even need it. It will ruin the society. A loner should remain as a loner. If a loner becomes a , people will try to judge you if you’re a loner at first or a at first.  And I assumed that you’re a first.” he said to him.

Baekhyun took a deep breath while his fist was shaking nonstop as he holds his anger towards the guy. He was about to raise his fist to punch this guy out, but his homeroom teacher came in just in time, dragging a girl inside the same room.

*

“Please… let me… go… Mr. Kim…”  Jangmi pleaded as Mr. Kim Suho pulled her collar roughly. She was dragged by him from the girl’s toilet after crying a river. Mr. Kim did not let her go and continues to drag her until they had arrived at the ‘The Service Club’ room.

“Hi hello~ I brought you another member!” Mr. Kim Suho said as soon as he stepped inside the room. Both Baekhyun and Sehun looked at him and stood there froze like they killed someone.  “Wow, wow, wow, wow! What happened here? I can sense that there’s an awkward atmosphere in here. Did you two fought?”

They quickly fixed themselves and stood comfortably. Baekhyun tries to change the topic by saying, “Uhm, songsaengnim… the new member?” he pointed out to Jangmi who was breathless and her face was about to turn purple. Sehun stood there, viewing the situation while still crossing his arm.

It’s Jangmi, the girl earlier. The used girl.

Mr. Kim Suho dragged her until she stood up normally. She was about to faint after he let her go. “Guys, let’s not fight, okay? Both of you are mature now. You will be looked down as a childish person.”

Usually people like fight. In the TV, I saw it.

Baekhyun with a fake smile answered, “Yes songsaengnim.” Sehun can only nod and answer, “Yeah, yeah, yeah whatever.” in the same time. Mr. Kim Suho, warily smile, as he know that they didn’t really suit with each other. On the other side, Jangmi was still crouching on the ground, trying to breathe properly.

“I’m going to leave you now. Try to know each other better please. I hope we can start this program as soon as we can.” He said to him making Sehun felt confused. What does this club do anyway? Mr. Kim Suho left them, leaving only Sehun, Baekhyun and Jangmi in the room.

“Huh. I’m glad his gone. So… let’s start from the beginning, shall we?” Baekhyun said to Sehun and stuck his hand out. Sehun give him a We Will Never Be Friend look. While they were conversing, Jangmi finally stood up and fixed her skirt. She looked at both of them with wide eyes and a parted lips, and ‘a bad hair day’ hair. Her spectacles were out of order too.

“BOTH OF YOU ARE IN MY CLASS.” she said with a shocked tone.

Of course dimwit, but this guy doesn’t know me.

“I’m sorry, but who are you?” Baekhyun raised a question towards her. He smiled softly, with his hand at the same level as his bulge. Because Baekhyun didn’t know her, she ignored him and sat in the corner of the room.

Profile for Lee Jang-mi:

Name: Lee Jang-mi, or translated version, rose;

Type of person: Just like a rose, if she hurts you with her torn, she will be hurt too because she didn’t want to hurt you actually.

While Sehun was thinking unintentionally, Baekhyun was talking to himself, “If she said that the loner and I are in the same class with her, then I’m in the same class with them?”

Sehun can only roll his eyes on this kid. He thought that he will get it sooner and it looks like he doesn’t. “Hey, loner, what’s your name?” Baekhyun asked him all of sudden. He had enough with this guy and answered with a lazy tone, “Oh Sehun.”

Baekhyun, who still doesn’t get the meaning, finally gets it after 5 minutes. “Oh Sehun, how come I never see you in class?” Sehun looked at him with narrowed eyes and a frown.

It’s because I’m the background.

“Oh Sehun, are you the background?” Sehun nodded and said, “Its obvious right.”

“Well yes, and… doesn’t it makes the girl right there, the background and a loner too?”

“Baekhyun, don’t you know that she was a friend of the most popular girl in class? Kim Taeyeon?”

Baekhyun was frozen with the name. “Kim Taeyeon?— ”

“Yes Miss Taeyeon ajushi overhead.” she complained.

“Wow, I never heard you said like that before. I’m impressed.” Sehun said it honestly to her.

“Eyh? Oh Sehun? I thought you were still in the class? What are you doing here?

I was here all the time…

Sehun instantly went to the corner of the room to sulk himself out.

Even girls don’t notice me…

“So,,,, I’m Baekhyun.” He smiled and stuck his hand out towards her.

“I know you duh, only you don’t know me.” She stuck her tongue out and went near to Sehun.

“Oh Sehun, you were forced to join this club too?” she asked.

Sehun faced to her and saw her beautiful face. He was blushing right now. The last time that a girl talked to him was in fifth grade…

 

*nostalgia*

“Hey, Sehun, can you give me a pencil lead?” the girl who sat next to Sehun asked him. He was blushing hard, and he thought of giving her all of it as a sign he liked her also.

{NOTE:} some people believe that if you asked for a pencil lead from a guy and he gives you a lot, then it means his love for you is that much. Give it a try!

“Here, Minji ah-ah-ah. Have it a-a-all.” Sehun gave her all the pencil leads. The girl looked at him weirdly and accepts it. The next day, Sehun found out that she moved to another school.

*end of nostalgia*

“SEHUN!” Jangmi yelled at him, and Sehun was startled. He replied to her back with a yelling tone, “WHATTTT?”

“WE’RE FRIENDS NOW RIGHT?” Jangmi yelled as loud as she could. Sehun replied to her with a yell too, “NO WE’RE NOT. I DIDN’T CALL YOU WITH A NAME AND YOU SHOULDN’T ACTUALLY CALL ME WITH A NAME TOO.”

Jangmi looked at him with pouted lips. She was not used to be like this. In her class she was friends with everyone except Sehun and Baekhyun. Because of Sehun doesn’t assume her as a friend, she went to Baekhyun instead. Baekhyun was busy, trying to figure out a few reasons why he didn’t notice both of them.

“Hi Baekkie~” She said to him. He instantly smiled and stuck his hand out yet again. “Hi! And what’s your name?”

“I’m Lee Jangmi, or Rose, you can call me either of it. You would probably knew me because I’m everyone’s friend in class?” she handshake his hands.

“No,,, I actually don’t.” Baekhyun answered.

Sehun on the other side was watching those two.

He doesn’t know me and why is that? Why is he being like this? He knew that I was a loner. Geez.

The door suddenly flew open. And it was the most popular guy. He stepped inside and asked,

“Is this the ‘Service Club’?”

 

[A/N] [07-31-2014] Long chapter and quick update~~ I need to come back to my sense now as I noticed this story is starting to fall apart – but I won’t let it happen! You see my homework is still hasn’t finished xD thanks for reading~