Chapter 1: A Loner's First Task

A Loner's Perspective

{Chapter 1: A Loner’s First Task}

 

It was the first day of second semester. People wore new bags and brought new things like it was the first day of beginning a new school. The hall was crowded with people; each and one of it greeted their friends. Sehun was walking through the hall. With his hand in his front pocket and his back hunched, he might attract a lot of attention but not. Nobody seems to notice or greet him even his classmates. He narrowed his eyes while walking, trying to strategize his way to pass the thick crowd.

Level one.

He then rushed his ways by keeping his pace a bit faster. While he was passing the thick crowd, he eavesdropped some of his classmates’ conversation:

“Omg, you’ve gotten so much slimmer!”

But she was still the same since two months ago. Are you blind?

“Hey, that’s a trendy hairstyle! I LOVE IT!”

But.. I saw you having the same hairstyle a few days ago. Did you hate it now?

“Check it out girls; I have my own packs now!”

I didn’t even see a chocolate. Just some chicken.

 

There-there Sehun-ah. I know you don’t have any friends but will you stop thinking about your thoughts?  Sehun went on and on until he finishes his way to his class.

“Passed with no problem. As usual, no one seems to notice me, the background.”  He thought then smirked.

Quickly, he went into his class and sat down on his seat. He didn’t bother anyone’s doing so he putted his earphone inside his ears instead. He covered his head with his arm and turned his head to face the empty wall. But he didn’t actually turn the music on. It was off for the whole time.

Suddenly, there was a loud voice and made Sehun turn to the other side with his back straightened. He watches the group in the back; it was like there was a fight.

 

*

 

“I’m sorry Jiyeon! I didn’t mean to not to go to your party.. I’ve been busy for the past few months.” Jangmi pleaded. Jiyeon looked at her sharply, with her arm near to her chest.

“So this is what friends for huh? Not going to a party for something busy?— ”

“It’s not like it was important to go to a friend’s party!” Jangmi quickly covered and widened her eyes in shock. With covered she went out from the classroom quickly.

Poor girl who get used only.

A teacher came in, and it was their homeroom teacher, Mr. Kim Suho. The student in class 2-D without any hesitation get to their seat and pretended to read a book. Some of them couldn’t even manage to reach their seat so they fell down. It was a chaos!

“Good morning class! I see you all are present. Welcome again for the second semester, class 2-D!” Mr. Kim Suho greeted them. They all cheered for him, and he only can smile and calm them down.

“Today, I want to test you for writing an essay.” he said, eyeing Sehun who was listening to what he said. Everyone in the class groaned, because the second semester just started and they have to do a test. Sehun grabbed his pencil case, as everyone in his class was getting ready too. Mr. Kim Suho handed a paper to each of them while walking. Then, he stopped at Sehun’s desk.

He at first shook his head while a frown formed on his face. “Make sure this time you wrote according to what the question wants.” he said to Sehun without looking him in the eyes. He handed him a piece of paper and continues.

His mind went blank so he just went to the paper and started reading the question.

Choose one of these questions and write an essay based on it. Your essay must be not less than 200 words. [30 marks]

1. Write an essay about your activity during school holiday.

2. Write an essay about how the internet creates antisocial people.

3. Write an essay about your opinion in today’s society.

He began writing his essay.

*

People used people. That’s what they think what friends are. If the person that they asked for help didn’t help him or her, they thought that the person is not treating them as a friend. People greeted people, but that wasn’t their intention. They only consider this action as ‘being a friend’.

For example in this situation, if a girl was crying and her friend saw it, they would probably ask “why are you crying?” because they didn’t know how to stop them from crying. That’s why I said it was not their intention: It was because they think a friend should be like this.

What is the use of friends? They would probably boost your confidence or give you the chance to share the real you. But that’s what they think they were supposed to act. They tried their best to act. That’s the problem in today’s society. People kept acting and the results were nothing. Everyone is lying right now and they will end up in hell.

“What is this??” Mr. Kim Suho asked Sehun harshly. He can only look down and watch his feet. Mr. Kim Suho continues to read it, “Today, society is the biggest problem for people, even worse than global warming. People would be better to stay alone with their own thought if they didn’t want to act.”

“I told you to write your answer based on the question but you didn’t do as I said.” Mr. Kim Suho furrowed his eyebrow. Sehun faced him and said, “But I did answer the question,”

“Yes you did, Sehun-ah.” Mr. Kim Suho took a deep breath and sighed. How can he fix this kid if he kept thinking like this? He shook his head and brought his arm closer to his chest, feeling frustration running through his body.

“I will have to punish you Sehun-ah.” He said and stood up. Then, he patted Sehun’s shoulder. “Come, follow me.” Sehun managed to rebel, “But I didn’t do anything wrong! I answered the question.” He also managed to said softly, “Maybe this is why he was still hasn’t married yet..”

Mr. Kim Suho looked at him with sharp eyes then dragged Sehun all the way to a classroom. The classroom has no name and the door was closed. Sehun stood straightly as just now he was dragged roughly by Mr. Kim Suho. He fixed his clothes and putted his hands into his front pocket.

“Now what do you want???” Sehun said with a lazy tone. His homeroom teacher smiled and said to him, “I want you to join the ‘Service Club’.”

“I’m the only member in it?” He asked out of curiosity. Will there be girls? Will there be boys? Will people see him exist?

“Go and look it for yourself,” his homeroom teacher said, making Sehun nervous. He went for the doorknob and turned it. The door flew open and there it was a handsome boy reading a small book. The boy was sitting at the back. He noticed Sehun’s figure so he looked up.

It was the admired guy.

 

 [A/N] [07-30-2014]: Pretty boring chapter~~ Thanks for reading~~ I will update as soon as I finished my homework~~