Let the rain pour over me again.

The Rain's Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

People were cheering everywhere as the halls crowded. Seeing my classmates, my friends and my family was nearly close to impossible. Smiles shined brightly as tears slipped off the faces of the people I knew. A few adults were on stage fixing microphones as some people hugged and took pictures for their graduation. I was graduating, too.

I could feel the stares of people looking at me, sensing something was missing. And they were right... something was missing. And that something happened to be Jeon Jungkook.

He hadn’t arrived yet and the ceremonies were going to start any minute. My face was written with worry as I held my phone waiting for him to text or call me. Unfortunately, I received neither– no missed calls, no messages.

“Where is he? Can’t he just wake up early for once?” I muttered to myself.

I glanced at my watch, only five minutes left until the ceremony started. I was told to sit and wear my hat by the co-president of my class. I looked at my watch again and only a minute until it began. I nervously tapped my foot on the floor as people began to 'hush’ me for being an annoyance. I looked at the back door of the hall to see that there was no one except a junior who was passing out fliers to the guests.

I heard the host begin the meeting, making the Principal get ready to make his speech. The  chair next to me started screeching, making me glance over. It was the co-president. She just smiled at me, making me sigh at her. She chuckled, patting my back, which made me face her.

“Calm down, Jihyun. He’s in the back.”

As she pointed towards the back, I saw him. That , I knew he would come on this big day. I probably would’ve kill him if he didn’t show up. He waved at me as he showed off his oh-so-lovely-smile. I rolled my eyes, turning back around to focus on the speech. I failed to realize the giant grin plastered on my face. I wasn’t sure as to why I was smiling, maybe it was because of him.

“I saw that.” My face turned back to normal as I glared at our co-president.

“You saw what?” I asked. She just shook her head in disbelief as a smile formed on her face.

We turned back to the speech, the principal gave us a big smile. I was happy to see it, actually, even other students were happy to see it too. Our principal has a special syndrome called being a two-face. I’m sure you know what I mean. I was happy because he wasn't showing his mean side in front of our parents.

I took a look at Jungkook, I can see how nervous he was. That cutie pie. Wait, what? Did I just say that?  No, no, no, I refused to believe it. I gently shook my head but stopped after the co-president shook my shoulder.

I ce again at Jungkook only to find him staring back at me, we stayed like that for a while. I put my hand up giving him a fighting pose as I whispered, “You can do it!” He nodded his head in response. We heard the principal speak up, calling the class president.

“I present to you now, our class president, Jeon Jungkook!”

Aha! It's Jungkook's time finally, his first time doing a speech. Before this, Hyuna was always the one performing the speeches since she’s the co-president. Jungkook reached the stage while people gave him a round of applause. He motioned them to quiet down before he began.

He looks at me as I gave him an approving nod. He then began to speak. His speech was wonderful and I don’t even know how he gained such intriguing words.

I was too much in a daze with his beautifully spoken words, that I didn't realize that Jungkook was calling my name repeatedly.

“Seo Jihyun-ssi?”

“Oh, yes?”

“As I said, my best friend loves to daydream.”

Everybody erupted into laughter making me feel embarrassed. Well, it's true that I love to daydream but at least I’m not one of the school's rebels.

He soon finished his speech, having the audience clap once again. This signaled for the distribution of certificates to begin.

One by one, the senior students are called to get their certificates. I started getting nervous because I knew my name was going to be the last one.

“And last but not least, The top student of Jeguk High school! Seo Jihyun!”

I walked up on stage taking the certificate, before I showed my smile. Shine bright Seo Jihyun, this is your day.

“Good morning to my lovely teachers, my fellow classmates, and many families. I feel honored for receiving this title as the top student. I wish to strive to continue doing my best in the future. Firstly, I would like to give thanks to my parents, who have always taken good care of me, and most importantly a thanks to the one I love the most in this world, my lovely sister.”

I look up at Minyoung, the loveliest girl in the whole world, my awesome sister.

“She has always been there for me, whether I was sad, happy, hurt, crying, enjoying, and so on. Out of the two of us, I was never the good sister. I was always blaming her for silly things like breaking my bike. Now, I don’t want that jerk side of me to show ever again. For now, I will give everything to her including my brain.” Everyone started laughing at my childish side.

“And lastly, Jeon Jungkook. Everyone I'm sure now knows who he is. He’s a precious pearl in my life.”

I was taken aback by what I said. The audience turned silent as I glanced at Jungkook who wore a shocked look. His eyes went big.

I suddenly chuckle to break the silence.

“Okay that didn't come out right. I didn't mean it how you guys are thinking. He’s my best friend and obviously I hold him precious to me, like a pearl.”

In addition, everyone started to clap and shouted lines out, “Jungkook is a lucky guy!” “I thought they were a couple!” and so on.

As I continued my speech, I talked a lot about the school, teachers, and my classmates. But the last part, I gave a piece on motivation.

“At last, this is our last day attending this school. For many, you may have a crush in the same year and for others a different year, so I am telling you this is your chance, your best opportunity! Confess to that person before it’s too late and you miss your chance, your moment. We don’t want our tears to become rain, right?”

Everyone laughed at my comment, but little did they know, that it was actually going to happen.

“One of the most important things to realize is that you only have one life to live. It can all be gone in an instant. Cherish each moment and say what you need to say to someone before it’s too late.”

As I finished, the audience stood up and started to clap their hands. I bowed to them, while saying thank you.

 

After the ceremony ended, we all felt relieved. All of the students huddled around our families. Tears went down my face as I hugged my mom, while my dad patted me on the head saying "I’m proud of you, Jihyun." I released my mom and kissed both of them on the cheek. I saw my sister alone standing by my dad. I hugged her tightly and more tears came out from my eyes.

“Seriously, sis! You’re too big to cry on my shoulder. I am the little sister in this relationship you know! I can't comfort you everytime something happens. Grow up, Eonnie!”

I wiped my tears as a smile creates on my face. We let out small laugh before seeing Jungkook and his parents coming to us. His parents hugged ours, while Jungkook embraced both me and my sister. I patted his shoulder and he patted mine back.

“Finally, we have graduated.” Jungkook said, his smile melting me as he hugs me.

“Ah, really? Get a room!” I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter