Chap 3.

All I ever wanted

A/N: I promised, didn't I. Here's a new chapter. I hope you like it. Comments etc. give me new ideas and keep me motivated! So please, don't forget to leave a sign that you visited. ♥ 

 

“I have to go now, but I promise to come back soon. Good night”, he whispered.

 

And indeed, Kangin kept his promise. After the first time, he visited the other one daily. He brought few flowers a time, which formed a beautiful bouquet after a couple of visits. After four visits, there were so many flowers already, that Kangin decided to bring something else. On the fifth day, he brought an adorable “Get well soon” teddy bear. Kangin walked the corridors of the hospital and headed towards the familiar room, a teddy on his bag. When he got to the room, he noticed that the door was open. He peeked in the room confusedly.

 

Kangin saw Sungmin inside the room. The doctor was talking with an unknown woman.
“I guess I can come back later”, Kangin thought. His thoughts were interrupted with a voice.
“Did you come to check on Jungsoo?”

Kangin focused his attention to the woman, who had just talked. All eyes were now focused on him and Kangin tried to figure out, what to say now.

“Ah, I was about to come to greet him quickly. But seeing that here are already people, I was about to leave and maybe come next time?” It wasn’t really meant as a question, but his insecure tone made it one.
“Don’t be silly darling. You can come in, friends of Jungsoo’s are always welcomed” she said and waved Kangin to come inside from the doorframe. Kangin bowed deeply as a thank you and walked in slowly.

“Hello. I’m Mrs. Park, Jungsoo’s mother”, said the woman while offering her hand for a handshake.
“Nice to meet you, my name is Kim Youngwoon but I most people call me Kangin”, Kangin said while shaking the hand.
“Nice to meet you too, Youngwoon. Were you the one, who brought these flowers?” Kangin nodded shyly.
“He also was the one, who took care of Jungsoo before ambulance got to him”, Sungmin added with a slight smile.
“You’re such a kind person. I’m happy that Jungsoo has a friend like you”, Mrs. Park said smiling and patted Kangin’s shoulder.

Kangin answered with a smile but at the same time, he felt a sting on his heart. A friend? Kangin really wanted to call himself that, but that wouldn’t be real, would it? This was the first time he actually heard the other’s name. If Jungsoo was about to wake up anytime he was in the room, he would surely not recognized him.

 

“Jungsoo’s condition is good. He has recovered well and he should be waking up anytime soon. You’ll be able to take him to home rest tomorrow but it’d be good for him not to be alone. He should rest for at least couple of more days, so working is a big no”, Sungmin told.
Everyone was smiling for the news, feeling happy that Jungsoo has been so strong fighter. Sungmin and Mrs. Park left the room but Kangin stayed behind for a bit.

When he had made sure, that he was alone, he took the teddy bear from his bag and put it in front of the flowers he had brought earlier days. He looked at them for a short while and moved his gaze to Jungsoo.
“I’m happy to hear, you’re feeling a lot better than the first day. I’m sure that you will do well after you get out here… which will be tomorrow. Is this our goodbye now? It probably is and I’m not good with these, so I better get going”, Kangin said chuckling low before getting up.
“Goodbye Jungsoo. I hope you the best for upcoming days”

After saying this, Kangin walked out of the room. He felt a bit conflicted. He had been waiting for the other one to wake up and get better. That the other could get out of the hospital and do things he’d enjoy. But the thought, that he wouldn’t see other one anymore was saddening him. He shook his head, in attempt to get those thoughts out of his head.

 

~ The next day~

Kangin woke up to the familiar ringtone. He reached for the vibrating phone lazily and answered the call.
“Good morning”, he heard a cheerful voice saying. Without thinking twice, he recognized the caller.

“Sungmin, why are you calling –“ Kangin stopped talking for a minute to check the time.
“Why are you calling to me at 8am? Don’t you have a work or something?”
“I do have a work and I’m doing it right now. Well kind of.”
“… Okay, Then why you called me?”
“Could you come to the hospital as soon as possible? You know, Jungsoo-“
“What about him? Did something happen?!”
“Geesh Kangin! Let me finish, will you? Nothing happened, well expect that Jungsoo woke up and saw the flowers and teddy bear you brought. He asked about them and when I told, he wanted to see you.”
“Really? Well I shouldn’t have anything planned so I’ll drop by soon”, Kangin said. He had butterflies flying inside his stomach but never would he let Sungmin know that. That’s why he tried to sounds as cool as possible on the phone.

“Good thing. You better come quickly. We wouldn’t want to make your mysterious man wait for too long, would we”, Sungmin answered while laughing.

 

2nd A/N:
So what do you think will happen next, haha? I hoped you liked this chapter. Also a special shoutout to Hebteuk. ♥ Thank u for staying up with the story even though I took so long to update it. I truly appreciate it.

also to reply to the comment: yess, kangin is a cute little loverboy isn't he, haha~ I'm pretty sure you get some answers on the next chapter!