Chap 2.

All I ever wanted

A/N: First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KANGIN ♡
I've had this chapter ready for a while, but since Kangin's birthday was close, I wanted 16th be the date. So i hope you enjoy this. Tell me what you think and what you think happens in future. Comments motivate and keep me going so~
Idk if it's wise to promise things, but I really do my best to update once a week from now on! 

 

 

The happenings from past hours kept on playing in Kangin’s head. No matter how hard he tried to concentrate to other things, he would still find himself thinking about the accident and the mysterious man. He hoped the other one was fine and safely in the hospital.

 

Hospital

 

An idea popped to the young man’s head and without thinking twice, he grabbed his jacket and rushed out of the house. On his way, he dialed to his best friend praying for him to be able to answer. He thanked the gods when a familiar voice was heard.

“Hey Sungmin! Are you busy now?”
“My break just started so no. Why?”
“Fantastic! I’ll be there in a minute.”
“Wha--?”

Before the blonde male could ask more, the line was already disconnected. He shook his head a bit, wondering what his friend had in mind now. He went to the waiting hall and saw Kangin.

“You’re here already?” He asked surprised. “Anyway, follow me.”

 

Sungmin lead the way to one of the break rooms. He went to take two mugs out of the shelf and poured some coffee to them. Kangin had already found a place from the chair nearby. Sungmin sat to the other chair and gave one of the mugs to Kangin.

“What’s on your mind this time?” Sungmin asked.
“Can’t I just come and greet my best friend?” Kangin asked and laugh a little. Sungmin joined the small laughter before replying: “Yeah, but you always wait till my shift is over. Every time you come like this, you have something special in mind. So spit it out, what it is this time?”

Kangin was silent for a while, wondering how he should ask about the victim of the accident and his whereabouts.  
“Well… A new patient, a young man, was brought to here earlier this day, right?” Sungmin was a bit taken aback and he stared his friend a little while before answering.
“Eh yeah but how you know about it?”
“I was there, when the accident happened.” After hearing this, Sungmin nodded. He tried to figure out, why his friend had suddenly asked about the new patient.

 

“Would you, by any chance, know about the room he is?”
“I do know actually. I’m the one who takes care of him, while he’s here”, Sungmin told.
“Could you, maybe, show me his room?”
“You know I shouldn’t Kangin…”
“Please? It’s important Minnie. I can’t explain it but I just have to see him. I need to see him.”

Kangin kept on asking and begging Sungmin to reveal the information. He didn’t even know himself, why he wanted to see the other so badly. He just felt that it was important. After they had drank they coffees Sungmin sighed and agreed to his friend’s wish.

 

They walked to the hallways before Sungmin stopped in front of the door.
“This room, room 1004, is his room”, Sungmin started.
“The break is ending soon, so I have to go to continue my work. Stay away from troubles.”

“Lee Sungmin, you can count on me” Kangin said confidently.
“I really hope so. But now I got to fly, see you later!” Sungmin said and left.

 

When Sungmin left, Kangin sighed deeply before opening the room. He watched his surroundings and noticed a small, empty table near the bed. He made a mental note to bring some flowers next time. He closed the door slowly and walked closer to the bed. He sat on the chair and stared the unconscious male. The man in front of him had a several scratches on his face, and bandage covered his crown.

Kangin felt a wave of sadness when he looked the man in front of him. How would something like this happen? The fact, that the man had already got treatment made Kangin relived.
“I really hope you get better soon”, Kangin said.

Kangin felt his cellphone vibrating inside his pocket. He took it and answered after seeing that the caller was his mother. She wanted to know her son’s whereabouts and when he was going to come home. After the phone call Kangin sighed and rose from the chair, it was getting a bit late already. Before leaving he took the last glance of the man on the bed. He looked so peaceful that it made Kangin smile.

“I have to go now, but I promise to come back soon. Good night”, he whispered.