Chapter 3

Confidential Love

NichKhun was surprised. He absolutely didn’t see that coming. He widened his eyes to stare at WooYoung. And finally a smile appeared on his angelic face and Woo sighed in relief. He leaned closer and closer and they kissed. WooYoung took the lead and quickly straddled the older’s lips. They felt so sweet, so addictive he didn’t want to let go at all. How long has it been since he starved to put his lips on Khun’s? But they had to let go reluctantly when air was needed. They gently hugged one last time before getting up and ready to make an escape, hoping this would be the end of this mission.

“You got the data right? Who was it?”

“Some guy. I don’t know who he is. Will track him back when we return to the headquarter.”-Khun showed Woo a small usb in his hands.

“Good. Let’s go”-Woo’s smile was happier than ever, feeling like one hundred tons of weights had been lift off his chest. This man in front of him couldn’t be the bad guy. Absolutely not.

He spoke too soon. The door rammed open and dozen of men, with mask covered their faces were waiting for our two boys. WooYoung realized immediately that these men weren’t CSG’s employee or whatsoever. He quickly grabbed Khun’s hand and ran. It was much more easier when you run alone. But with another person, especially one who had no experience in escaping in situation like this. Khun was totally pulling him behind. When WooYoung jumped over the fence easily, Khun took a hard time climbing over it. When WooYoung kept his pace faster and faster, Khun was soon out of breathe. And eventually he tripped.

“Ouch!”-the taller whined painfully. Woo groaned but he stopped and helped Khun , now with a broken ankle up the stairs. He knew the support was waiting for them.

“Come on Khun, come on”-Woo gasped his breathe and tried his best to carried the older up the stairs. Footsteps were coming closer. Woo startled and quickly pushed Khun into the locker room nearby. They held their breathe when those guys ran by. Everything was still out of control. They weren’t sure if they were safe or not. But staying still like this wouldn’t help.

“I’m sorry Woo”-Khun said with his shallow breathe. WooYoung knew that the older had pushed himself too much. But who were those guys in masks? Why did they know that Khun and him hid in ChanSung’s room? Only people from inside knew their plan. Woo started to get worried again.

“I have to go out.”

“No, it’s too dangerous.”-Khun said but he knew the younger wouldn’t listen to him anyway. He knew WooYoung too well.

The shorter agent pushed the door and in a second, a gun pointed at his head.

“Well, well, look what we’ve got here.”-the thick voice that he had never heard spoke up. –“Some NIS minions. You got some nerves boy! Too bad this one will be your last time taking risk like this.”

“NO! Let him go!”-Khun yelled and stumbled forward. “Let him go and I will give you back this USB!”. Woo was surprised. He had never seen this brave side of his crush. But in him still remained some doubt.

“Good! Give it to me!”

“No! Let him go first!”-protested Khun.

“On the count on three, you will throw that USB to me and I will return this litte boy to you.” WooYoung felt useless with his life on the edge like this. Now he was the one who ruined this whole mission.

“One

Two

Three!”

Everything happened so damn fast that Woo can’t remember how he could make it out that day. He was pushed hard toward Khun’s embrace. The older caught him but instantly a gunshot followed. Woo was sure he had been shot. He shut his eyes close and prepared for the worst. Things just didn’t happen that way. For the first time ever in his life, Khun acted so impulsively . For the first time in a real mission, he was ready to die for his partner. He shoved Woo behind him and turned around to had a bullet right in his back. A non-fatal wound. But blood was everywhere. WooYoung pulled out his gun and shot everyone in sight. He didn’t give a damn what consequences he would cause. He needed to save them both.

Luckily they weren’t that far from the rooftops. Running backward with Khun leaned on his side, guns firing in his hands , docking every attack from the enemies, WooYoung finally made it. A huge helicopter landed and picked both of them up. Khun was losing it, blood soaked red his white shirt. And though not knowing when and why, tears streamed down on Woo’s cheeks fiercely.

“Khunnie ah…Khunnie ah….”-his tears fell on the older’s cheeks. His mind were a mess now. But he didn’t care about anything else but Khun.

“Jang WooYoung-ssi”-the chief was standing behind him, placing a hand on his shoulder. “It is over now. We had found out the spy. NichKhun will be arrested instantly.”

WooYoung sobbed harder. He knew this was the truth. He saw this coming months ago. But he still threw himself in this love. He loved his own suspect.

*flashback*

Italy

“Korea? Why do I have to get back there?”-he asked the chief.

“Because this case you had just been involved in trace back to Korea. And the one who is given the data named NichKhun Buck Horvejkul”

“What is that guy have to do with me?”-Woo asked curiously.

“Our headquarter in Korean suspect that he is a double-agent.”-the chief paused and showed him a picture of a handsome boy. –“They still haven’t had enough proofs beside those calls he received in the middle of the night when nobody is left. So they decide to get him on this case and test him. And you, Jang WooYoung will be the one to take care of this double case. Finish the mission and bust that boy. You are one of our best agent so don’t let me down.”

WooYoung sighed and had no choice but nod. A double-agent sounded so disgusted. He felt like hating this guy already.

*end flashback*

Khun’s injury was more severe than expected. He got hospitalized immediately and the arrest was put on pause.

“You don’t understand! He saved my life! How can he be the bad guy!? He can’t be the double-agent!”-WooYoung screamed at the top of his lung. They were at the hospital, people walking around stared at them like they were aliens. WooYoung was still covered in blood; however the boss remained clean and calm.

“Don’t let your personal feelings involve in this Jang WooYoung. It is so evident now. No one beside NichKhun could know where you guys were hiding. And he also faked the electricity cut accident so you could come to help him and get caught.”-the chief explained.

“But then why did he have to save me? Why didn’t he just let those people shoot me?”-Woo felt his blood boiled. Never before was he being angry like this. He knew he was just denying the truth. He knew cause he is one of the best agent out there. And he always succeeds in his mission. Including this one with NichKhun.

“A perfect play of course. He let you be caught so he could hand back the USB to his guys. And remember WooYoung, those guys that attacked you aren’t CSG’s employees. That means NichKhun works for a more high level mafia in this country. He is not as harmless as he looks.”

Woo just kept his head low in defeat. He just still could not believe this was true. The past months he has been spying on Khun’s actions and he found no flaws. Too perfect, too skillfull. He was tricked by the older. And he even fell in love with the enemy.

“You will continue this case WooYoung. And Lee JunHo will cover for you. He is good at both technique and fighting skills.”-JunHo walked out in his normal T-shirt and jeans. The red hair just patted on WooYoung’s shoulder showing his support.

“Mr. NichKhun had woken up sir”-the nurse reported.

“I’ll talk to him.”-Woo said to his two colleagues. Not as a request but as a demand. He walked in the white room fill with medicinal smell.

NichKhun was lying there on the bed, he looked so weak and vulnerable that WooYoung hestitated his following action. But he had to. It is his job. No personal feelings interfere.

“WooYoung ah…”-the taller guy slightly opened his eyes. Tired as he was, he still smiled painfully.

“NichKhun, you are arrested. Your work as a double-agent in NIS now is over.”-Woo tried to sound as cold as he could. He tried to hold back his tears so they wouldn’t fall, he tried to hold back his breathe so that he wouldn’t sob out loud.

“Wh…What…? No, WooYoung. You misunderstood…”-Khun tried hard to speak, his body was still in great pain.

“No NichKhun. You can’t deceive anyone any longer. We had suspected you a long time ago. This case is just to find the evidence. And there were still all your secret calls at night. You were reporting for your “real” boss right?”-he got angry and was about to lose control.

“No, it’s not like what you think…”-the older still tried to talk but Woo wouldn’t listen.

“Save your words! I can’t believe I love a criminal!”-he shouted and left the room, leaving Khun behind dumbfounded and heartbroken. WooYoung let his tears go when he was finally outside. Stupid. He was so stupid. For one time in his life, he threw away all his works to fall in love with the wrong guy. Stupid.