The Proposal

Operation Proposal

Chanyeol's pov

I whistled happily as I strolled down the street. I'm really tall, so I don't always see children or small humans, so I easily bump to them while keeping my head in the sky. That's my only bad thing. Of course, there are some others bad things about me as well, but I would like to keep them as a secret.

This time being no exception, I bumped to someone. My just bought coffee spilled on my shirt and made me frown. I still couldn't deny that it was my fault. 

"I'm sorry.. I should have watched where I was going." I apologized quietly, fearing of being recognized as Park Chanyeol, the famous rapper in Exo. 

It was a huge risk to come out, but I couldn't stay at our dorms. The athmosphere there was too gloomy because of Kris and the saesang fans. SM tells us to stay inside the company or the dorms and not to use any phones or other electrical devices, but I need to get out once in awhile.

If I wouldn't do that, I'd explode. I am the group's happy virus, the one that always stays positive. The one that never takes crap from haters, but the one who showers his fans with love. Is that really me, Park Chanyeol?

I sighed calmly as the coffee on my shirt and the sun made me feel a bit too warm. I looked down and that was the most shocking and still the most amazing situation I've ever been in. On the ground, there was a small figured girl sitting there, rubbing her coffee burned hand. She had raven black hair, that was long and wavy. It looked so smooth that I wanted to run my hand through it and smell the scent of her shampoo she used.

I looked at her doe-like big, mesmerizing light blue eyes I wanted to dive in. Then I made a mistake and looked at her lips. Those lips were light pink, not smushed with shocking red lipstick like most girls do. They were natural and they looked so soft. I wanted to taste those lips, I wanted to know were they as soft as they looked. I looked at her tiny and slender fingers that were grabbing her wet shirt's hem. I wanted to touch those hands, link them together with mine.

I stopped breathing for awhile, when she looked up and made an eye contact with me. She looked like an angel. An angel that fell from the sky, right in front of me. No, if she'd be an angel, I should have seen her falling down since I'm so tall.

"Will you help me up or not?" She said with a smirk. Her voice was like bells ringing to my ears, she even made my heart skip a beat. Is this.. Is this love at first sight? "Hey you jerk! Help me up!" She said. It would have sounded mean, but her wide smile told that she was joking.

"Sorry.. I was thinking about something..." I admitted, rubbing my nape at the process.

"I could see that." She said as she took the hand I offered. I helped her up and we stood there awkwardly while people passed by, not caring about our little accident.

Now that she was standing, I saw that she was short, really short. Well, at least compared to me, I'm 185 cm! She must be around 160 cm I estimated.

"You're far away again." She pointed out.

"Hahaha, you're right." I said awkwardly while laughing. It felt like I had lost all of my words, when I was around her. Like a cat had stolen my tongue and left without giving it back. I felt extremely nervous and I started sweating under the burning sun. Except, my sun seemed to be her. She made me feel happy, for real. I haven't been this happy for awhile now, and she did it just by bumping on me on this fateful day.

"I am Lee Jieun. Who are you?" She asked, obviously trying to draw me out of my thoughts again.

I glanced around and saw that there were too much people around us, so I grabbed her soft hand her gently and dragged her to an empty alley. I took off my sunglasses and my mouth mask that I had carefully, waiting for her gasp that never came. Did she not know me? Park Chanyeol? Did she really fall from the sky or did she live under a rock?

"You didn't tell me who you were. You just dragged me here and took those off." She hinted kindly.

"Oh.. I'm sorry.. I'm Park Chanyeol." I said. It was nice to have someone who didn't faint or start screaming the moment she saw me. But still, Exo is well known, she should have at least heard of us.

"Have you ever heard of Exo?" I asked, furrowing my brows while doing so. She giggled and nodded.

"Of course I have heard of Exo! Who wouldn't?" She admitted. I was really dumbfounded. So she knew Exo, but not me?

"Then do you know who I am?" I asked and I already prepared my fallen heart for the negative answer. She smiled faintly, so that it looked like a sad smile.

"Yes. I do know who you are, Park Chanyeol-ssi." She said.

"So you know Exo and me, but still you asked who I am?" I asked. Now I was seriously and utterly confused. All of a sudden, she tiptoed towards me and cupped my cheeks. I flushed red and my heart thumped rapidly, making me nervous once again.

"Because is that Park Chanyeol from Exo, the happy virus, the same Park Chanyeol that you are?" She asked and I nodded. She smiled at me, while rubbing her thumb against my cheeks gently. "Are you sure? Are you really that happy?" She asked. I nodded again, slowly and surely so she could clealry see it. "Pabo. Then why do I see sadness in those eyes of yours?" She asked and hit the jackpot.

That was the moment my heart leaked and I poured everything I had kept inside of me to her.

That was our first meeting three years ago. After that, we started dating. There is not a minute or a day I won't miss her. Her hair that smells like peaches and her soft lips that make me want more and more every time we kiss. Her lovely voice that sings me goodnight, the habit of patting my head and her small hands that wrapped me in a warm embrace.

She is the miracle in my life, the one that makes me complete. She healed the wounds in my heart and she knows when I'm upset without saying a word. Lee Jieun, I will never let you go. If you leave me, I'd propably die from the loss.

Right now, I'm walking towards her house. A ring burns in my pocket and sweat formed on my forehead with every step I took. My heart was also beating extremely fast, just like when we first met. I've had the ring inside of my pocket for weeks now, waiting for the perfect opportunity that hasn't yet arrived.

I sighed at the thought of that, but I had to stop thinking about that for now. I stopped in front of her door and knocked it enthuastically. Gosh, this persperation only from the fact that I have the ring..

"Na eureureong eureureong eureureong dae." I heard her sing with her amazing singing voice. I chuckled that she was singing Exo's song, when I wasn't around. How cute... Jieun opened the door with a wide smile like always, but this time she also showed her shocked face and dropped her notebook she had in her hand. That reaction scared me. It was like she didn't even want to see me. I was so relieved, when she jumped on my lap and hugged me really tight.

"I wasn't expecting you! You shocked me!" She wailed.

"Haha, I know. That was the point of surprise visits." I said and she finally lifted her head from the crook of my neck.

"Say, do you always sing our songs like that?" I asked in amusement. She blushed, hit my chest weakly and let go of me. She walked inside, leaving me standing there. "Jieun! Wait for me!" I called as I took her notebook from the floor and walked in after her. "Come here!" I said, when I pulled her to a backhug.

She giggled and that was music to my ears. There is no other sound that makes me feel any happier than the sound of her laugh. It was perfect. I placed my head on top of hers with closed eyes and tightened the hug. She leaned against me and we just stood there like that for a long time. 

 

It was finally time for me to leave. She sighed as she my cheeks and stared at my lips, before she cupped my cheeks and tiptoed to kiss me. It was a small peck, but it hold so much longing that it made me feel bad. Exo just had a comeback with Overdose, so I've been extremely busy and she has waited for me selflessly.

Not even once has she complained about my busy schedule. I had a chance to come today, since I begged from my manager to have two hours of free time. But, as always, the reality hits too fast and drags me away from my fantasy. Before I went back, I decided to take one more hug to give me strength. Strenght to face everyone again and strenght to finally propose her. But right after that one extra hug I left, heart filled with love.

I entered the SM entertainment without bad feelings I ususally had, and walked towards the elevator calmly. I stepped out on the sixth floor, and took a long breath in, before I opened our practice room's door. There were eleven boys already dancing, waiting for the 12th to complete the form.

I did not waste any time and joined the dance. After four hours, we had perfected every move and recalled the other dance choreocraphies as well. It was time to head home, so we took our van that was surrounded by the fans.

"Chanyeol! Will you marry me?" Someone asked. No, I thought, I already have someone I want to marry. I still managed to smile politely at the fans.

Back in our dorm, I dashed to my room and just stared at the ring I took out of my pocket. Just like every day, I just admired it's beauty and imagined how it will look on Jieun's finger. But I just can't do it! How can I do it romantically, just like in movies? In those, the girls are always so touched and they cry from happiness. How should I do it? 

The loud noises from the living room woke me from my thoughts and then I knew what I had to do. I had to tell Exo about Jieun, so they could help me. If, that is. Truthfully, I was afraid to introduce Jieun to them. I was afraid that she'll fall for someone else, Sehun or Kai or anyone. Only if she would marry me, then I could introduce her without worries..

I sighed and accepted my fate, it was time. I rose up and walked to the door just to stare at the eleven boys who were laughing and sharing some stories of their childhood. Xiumin noticed me just standing there and motioned everyone to shut up. Sehun, being the youngest didn't understand his motions at first, but he did when Luhan hit the back of his head.

"Uhmm.. I have something to say... I need your help to propose my girlfriend." I confessed straightforwardly and that's when the hell broke loose.

"YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND?"

"WHAT? PROPOSE?"

"YOU TRAITOR! YOU DIDN'T TELL US AND NOW WE'LL ALL SUFFER!"

"WE HAVE A DATING BAN, HELLOOO?"

Among all this shouting and tears (from Tao), there was only one who remained calm, Exo-K's leader Suho. I walked in front of him, asking for his opinion. His answer was the one I cared the most about. He looked at me sincerely and said

"I'll help you." It surprised me completely and the room fell quiet from the received shock. "What? He is happy and he has helped us to be happy too. Would you like this kind of response if you had a girlfriend? And Kris, I'm sorry but your situation has made us all sad. I wondered how Chanyeol could manage it, I expected him to explode any time now and I thought that moment was a minute ago. But no, he asks for our help, just beacuse he loves someone. Should we bash him?" Suho asked.

I felt really grateful for his words. Some of them seemed to think deeply his words and some just shrugged like they wouldn't care less.

"You all know that love is unexpected. It's not like we can choose when to fall in love." someone unexpected said. Kris looked at us in agony. So he had fallen in love as well... 

"So.. Will you guys help me?" I asked with low hope.

"I'm in!" Suho said without hesitation and we hugged like brothers.

"I agree as well." Kris said calmly. Oh that dragon... 

"Am I allowed to cry?" Our panda asked. I laughed at Tao and nodded happily.

One by one everyone agreed until we were left with one. He seemed to hesitate, but then he pondered something in his tiny wicked smile.

"Only if you beg for forgiveness." Bacon said. Oh, I mean, Baekhyun, I'm so sorry Bacon! I smiled as I kneeled in front of him.

"Please, oh please help me, my lord Baekhyun!" I begged. He smiled in satisfaction.

"Fine. I'll do it." He said. I grinned evilly before stating

"Thank you, lord Bacon!" He seemed slightly pissed off, but at least we all laughed, together, as Exo.

 

I saw Jieun walking towards the amusement park I had rented with the boys. I followed her from behind, so she wouldn't notice me from these shadows. She had brought her guitar with me and it was weird for me. Why would she take her guitar? It's a cold winter evening today! I could even see her uneven breathing steaming in the air, caused by her fast steps.

It made me smile to think that she hurried over, just to see me. She stopped beside the decorated tree and it didn't take long for her to realize that there were something unusual hanging on the tree. There were pictures hung on the tree, pictures of us. Pictures where we smile together, kiss and joke around. She seemed to be touched as she looked every one of them carefully, like placing every one of them inside her heart.

Jieun saw someone coming from the shadows and she looked unsure what to do in front of Kai that walked towards her. Kai stopped beside her and they stood there quietly for awhile.

"The stars look nice, don't they?" Kai finally asked. What? Is he going to flirt with her or something? Jieun nodded with one of her angelic smiles I adored.

"I've always liked stars." She said and I knew what she meant. She meant me, her own special star.

 

"Then do you know who I am?" Kai asked flirtily. Jieun looked at him in confusion and tilted her head, just like when we first met. "A stranger that admires stars." She stated. "I am Lee Jieun, nice to meet you stranger." She said and offered her hand. Kai looked shocked, but then he smiled and took her hand.

"Hello Jieun, I am the stranger." He introduced himself. "Now, follow this handsome stranger, if you want to see that star." He said and pointed at my picture.

Jieun smiled sweetly and started following him closely. I followed them as they walked towards three guys in front of a roller coaster. Luhan, Baekhyun and Chen were there waiting for them already.

"Oh? I see other stars, but mine is missing." Jieun said as she scanned the three guys.

"True." Baekhyun said coldly.

"Don't be so grumpy Bacon! I might just eat you!" She said and bit the air right in front him, making him fidget. "I want to see my own star." Jieun admitted quietly.

"Am I not manly enough?" Luhan asked with a wink. Jieun chuckled at his behaviour and shook her head in amusement. Luhan pouted and Chen said his que.

"Would you like me to take you to your star?" He asked and Jieun nodded in response. Chen offered his hand and Jieun gladly took it. Soon after that, she withdraw he hand, took something from her pocket and placed it to Chen's hands. They were the red mittens she always used, but this time she gave them to Chen, when she had felt his cold fingers.

They walked towards three new persons, Tao, Xiumin and Lay.

"Oh? I can see China's brightest stars from here!" Jieun exclaimed, making them laugh. Tao being a crybaby, was already on the verge of tears. Jieun walked over to him and cupped his cheeks. She really likes to do that. "Why is a panda sad?" She asked and everyone else but Tao, laughed at her comment. She sure knew about Exo, I had no worries.

"I'm not sad, I'm extremely happy!" He said. Jieun flashed a smile and took something from her bag. It was her Gucci wallet I had bought her, that she had brought with her and also.. A lunchbox full of baozis! "Can you hold it for me?" She asked from Tao and he took her wallet. He adored it like it would be his own child. You better give it back later Panda!

Then Jieun placed baozis in Xiumin's, that had a bitter smile on his face, hands. "I see no difference." She said kindly and cheered him up. Even he couldn't resist Jieun's sweetness. After dealing with an Baozi, she looked at Lay. "Smile!" She commanded and Lay did what he was told, showing his dimples. Jieun smiled widely and skipped closer to Lay.

"You are going to take me to my own special star?" She asked and Lay nodded in surprise. Jieun... She was also a smart girl, fast to catch on things. I loved her wiseness. Jieun and Lay walked towards the ferris wheel together, where three impatient gyus were already waiting. They saw Jieun coming, so D.O started singing 3.6.5 in Korean.

Jieun closed her eyes as she listened to D.O's singing. Those words were from my heart right now, and I can assure you, she knew it. When the song ended, she opened her eyes and smiled widely.

"Now I can see the controllers of Korea and China." She said. Suho walked in front of her and just hugged her without a warning.

"Thanks for taking care of him while I couldn't do it." He said to her. Jieun's stiffened body relaxed, and she hugged Suho back.

"I am glad you couldn't. I wouldn't be here otherwise, dear Angel." She said and patted Suho's back. Then Jieun looked at the quiet and indimitating giant, Kris. She walked in front of him and smiled. "Don't worry your heart too much, Dragon. It will worn you out." She said and Kris's expression softened at her words.

She whispered something to him that I didn't hear, but Kris hugged her tightly because of those words. Those words must be some comforting words she likes to give.

"Now turn around and you'll see your star." Suho told her and she turned to face me, while Sehun walked next to me.

Her happy smile turned in to a loving smile, reserved only to me. She ran to me and jumped on my lap, wrapping her tiny legs around me again, but this time I had to struggle with it since her feather like weight had a bonus with it, the guitar on her back. She understood my struggling and let go, still staring me in the eyes, completely ignoring everyone that had gathered around us. Finally I started my speech.

"Jieun. You are the light in my life, the one that picked me up and warmed my heart just by being there for me.  There is not a time you haven't helped me nor a time you haven't waited for me, selflessly and patiently. Usually people would eventually give up, since our realtionship is like one of those long distance relationships. When you have a chance to see me, you clear up everything you have so it would be possible. Even though I try to hide my sorrowful feelings, you spot them miles away. You understand my unreasonable thoughts of keeping you as a secret and me being an extremely unreasonable boyfriend, yet you give me so much love I think I'll get an overdose." I said.

I kneeled down in front of her and took out the ring from my pocket. My hands were sweaty and my throat was dry, but I managed to force myself to say, "Lee Jieun, will you marry me?" I saw tears forming in her eyes, and then those tears started to trickle down her beautiful face, no matter how much she tried not to let them fall.

"Baby don't cry, tonight." I tried to sing to her, but my voice cracked as I watched her crying face. D.O started singing that song for me and soon every Exo member sang that to her, to us. She finally uncovered her face behind her hands and  stared at me for many minutes, before she took her guitar, sat down and started singing to me, stopping the song others were singing. 

"My eyes keep going to that white face
Why don’t I even get sick of you?
When you slightly smile at me, I really go crazy
How can you be so pretty baby?

How can I explain this feeling?
When I see you, my heart becomes numb and sore

Oh, with what word can I explain you?
All the words of the world is probably not enough

With those legs that are so pretty by just standing still
You walk toward me and you hug me

You know he’s so beautiful
Maybe you will never know
I want to hide you in my embrace

I’m not saying this out of a young heart
But I really want to marry you

Oh, with what word can I explain you?
All the words of the world is probably not enough

With those legs that are so pretty by just standing still
You walk toward me and you hug me

Telling you multiple times is not enough
With this tickling voice
that only knows you
I will sing for you

My heart keeps going to you
I’m really going crazy."

She sang and then she walked in front of me. "Of course I'll marry you, babo Chanyeol" she said and hugged me, the person that couldn't move during the shock I received. I had started crying while listening to her own composed song, just for me.

Not just because the lyrics made cry, I cried when I heard her angelic voice telling me her true feelings and the fact that she wants to marry me as well. So that's why she had the guitar with her.. She noticed my frozen position, so instead of me kissing her like I had planned, she kissed me and slowly warmed me to kiss her back. 

I could not be any happier than I was right then.

 

 

 

I did it! How is it? I almost forgot Sehun, so I apologise for his small role. The song IU sang was the song Peach by her. I just thought it fit there ^^ please tell me what you thought about this and maybe I'll write more one-shots later! -^-^-