Chapter o4 ✫ ﹙ make it or break it ﹚

* ⇀ ❛STAR⇡ ✫ STRUCK
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

         She could feel the tension in the confines of the hospital room they were in. Seeing as it wasn't her place to intrude she merely stood by the door, body tense. 

 

         Amber let Wonbin rush to Soojung's room while she parked the car and followed soon after inquiring what room the injured super was staying. Instead of a dramatic scene with crying and hugging and his hyung scolding Soojung to take care of herself, what greeted Amber was this.

 

         The air was cold and it wasn't because of the air conditioning. 

 

         "It was all a lie, then?" Wonbin asked, his voice shaking with rage.

 

         Soojung lifted her shoulders, shrugging casually as she flipped through the pages of Vogue. 

 

         Amber could only sigh. She was also fooled by the . Looking at her sitting so calmly without as much as a scratch on her pristine features, she felt stupid for wasting her breath for her. She could only imagine what Wonbin felt. 

 

         Wonbin moved closer to the actress' bed and snatched the magazine away. "Answer me, Jung Soojung!"

 

         Cooly -- almost irritatingly so -- she turned to look at her manager. "It wasn't a lie. I really did fall. There were enough mattresses that nothing really happened. But the crew kept on pestering me to go to the hospitsl. Even if I protested," she paused, running her hand through her blonde hair. "Blame them."

 

         After that, she reached out for another magazine and read that. The room fell silent and all Amber could hear was Wonbin's labored breathing. Soojung could have sent him a message saying that she was fine and he didn't need to worry. But alas, the princess seemed to be too busy thinking about herself to think about other people.

 

         Amber knew well enough that he was near a breaking point so before he said something he might regret, she walked towards him and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, squeezing it. "Hyung, why don't you get some coffee?"

 

         He silently turned to her and nodded, walking out of the room. 

 

         A part of the tomboy regretted her suggestion because suddenly, she was alone with the . She hardly felt awkward around new people but now she did. Mainly because she wanted to strangle her. Her eyes wandered, looking at anything other than the girl on the hospital bed. 

 

         "Are you just going to stand there or are you going to get me some water?"

 

         Amber tore her gaze away from the very interesting bathroom door and looked at Soojung, surprised that she even talked to her. "What makes you think I'll do that?"

 

         "If you're not going to make yourlself useful, you might as well leave."

 

         The corner of the older girl's lip twitched at her words. How can she be this cold? This bratty? She treated everyone as if they were some sort of object she can easily command. Amber saw nothing about her worth admiring. Mostly for her face, Amber concluded. She was admired because of her face and her body. Even she had to admit that much. Even wearing no make-up she looked stunning. 

 

         Smiling, the tomboy walked towards the chair beside her bed and sat herself down. "I am going to make myself very useful starting today."

 

         "Mhm."

 

         "Aren't you curious who's going to be your new bodyguard?" Amber asked, tone pleasant.

 

         Another shrug. "Not really."

 

         "You should be. Since I'm going to be your bodyguard," she paused, standing up, leaning close to whisper against Soojung's ear. The other girl stiffened though kept her facial expression blank. "And I'll make sure to make your life hell."

 

         Just in time, Wonbin walked inside the room. She found Amber preparing some water for Soojung while the latter simply stared blankly at the magazine she was holding. Something clearly happened but Wonbin chose to ask Amber later. He was holding some snacks in his hands and gave Soojung most of them. She seemed to have awoken from her trance and ate them happily.

 

         All the while Wonbin stared at Amber. The tomboy knew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter