Four.

Two Hearts One Soul

 

After their lunch, Gerald paid their bill. The waitress comes back with a small tray and they both got surprised when they saw two necklaces with a broken heart pendant in each silver strings. They got confused for what it is for, so they ask the lady who brought it.

Kim: Ahm. Ms. para saan po ito? Yung necklace?

Ge: Do we have to pay for it?

Lady: No sir. It came from the owner of this restaurant and it’s for free.

Kim: Aww. So sweet of her. But why she’s giving this to us? Kasi yung iba, parang wala naman.

Lady: Yes ma’am. Only the chosen couple ang nabibigyan niyan.

Ge: Wow! Swerte naman namin. Madami na ba nabigyan ng ganito?

Lady: Marami na rin sir since this restaurant started.

Kim: Naintriga talaga ako. Is it a tradition here?

Lady: Yes ma’am. Ganito kasi yun. The story of this restaurant is that, it was built by a couple who are very much inlove with each other. Si Sue and Randolph. Mahilig silang dalawa magluto, so they decided to put up this restaurant. But meron conflict because, both angkan is magka-away pala not only in business but also sa politics. They came from a very well-off family. Sue, was half-Chinese and Randolph, was half-American. They kept their relationship a secret with their respective family, but one day the father of Sue noticed na palaging umaalis ang kanyang anak, so pinasundan niya ito sa isang tauhan niya. To make the very long story short, nalaman ng father ni Sue, that she had a relationship with Randolph, so with all his power ginawa niya ang lahat para mapaghiwalay ang dalawa. The waitress cut her story because, her co-worker tapped her in the shoulder. She’s whispering something to her.

Lady: Ok.

Kim: Sorry, na disturb ka namin. Pero nabitin talaga ako sa story.

Ge: Maybe, you have something to do pa. We can go back here na lang tomorrow, kahit ako gusto ko malaman yung ending. Or if you have free time, we can invite you over dinner later.

Lady: No need, sir. My lola wants to meet you.

Ge: Lola? You’re the apo of the owner?

Kim: Hala. Sorry.

Lady: No, it’s ok. Masaya ako habang kinukwento ko ang love-story ng… oh well. I don’t want to spoil you. Can I lead you to my lola?

Kim: Sure. Thank you! By the way, I’m Kim and my love Gerald.

Lady: Nice meeting you, Ms. Kim and Mr. Gerald. I’m Angel Let’s go?

KimErald: Let’s go.

Angel, lead the way going at the back of the restaurant while Kim and Gerald follows. They walked, holding-hands. When they reached the garden area, Kim and Gerald was surprised to find a very old woman.

Angel: Whispering to her lola.

Lola Amor: Nodding.

Angel: Lola Amor, these are Ms. Kim and Mr. Gerald.

Kim: She bend down, took the right hand of the old woman and kiss it. Hello, Lola Amor. I’m so glad to meet you.

Ge: Did the same. Hello, Lola Amor.

Lola Amor: Smile. Motion her right hand to Kim and Gerald, saying to sit down in front of her.

Angel: Lola Amor, I’ll go inside just call me if you need something.

Lola Amor: Nodding.

Kim and Gerald don’t know where to start so they keep silent until a middle-aged woman come over with some photo albums and left after she put it in the table. Lola Amor, motion once again to Kim and Gerald, pointing to the photo albums. They both assumed that Lola Amor wants them to look at the photo album. While they’re looking at the photo album, scanning the pictures, Lola Amor started to talk.

Lola Amor: I know you’re asking in your mind right now, if they end up together, how I come in picture.

Kim and Gerald stop looking at the pictures when Lola Amor starts talking, they both lift their heads to Lola Amor. They listen attentively to her story.

Lola Amor: After her father knows about their relationship, he did all with his power to separate the two. Not long enough, the story spread over the town until it reaches to Randolph’s family. His father got really angry so he sends some threat to the family of Sue and vice-versa. When both knew it, they decided to runaway. With a small amount of money they have and this restaurant, they pursue their plan with the help of Pina a servant and a friend of Sue. Sue successfully gets out from the house. She met with Randolph here in this restaurant. But it doesn’t end there…

Kim’s feel uneasy hearing the story, she feels something that she can’t explain. Gerald feels the same way with Kim, not being obvious.