TEASER

Mission Exo II: Saving Him

I woke to the feeling of ice cold water slithering down my back and the sirens of the city entering my ears.

“Get up.” An unfamiliar feminine voice said.

I only cracked my eyes open the slightest bit before I was met with another splash of water on my face.

“I said, get up.” She repeated herself. “The world doesn’t have time for people who curl up in corners and alleys all day.”

I finally opened my eyes and was greeted by the sight of a slim, almost model-like figure. After recovering from what just happened to me and going through a few coughing fits, I had the energy to ask questions.

“Where am I?” I nearly coughed out.

I couldn’t see her face from where I was collapsed on the ground and through the night lights, but I could hear the annoyance in her voice. “You’re in a disgusting alleyway in Seoul.”

“Seoul?” I asked. I had only ever dreamed of being in the capitol if our country. “This is Seoul?” I asked again.

“Listen.” She ran her fingers through her hair. “I didn’t come here to explain the geography of South Korea to you. You’re sprawled all over a bunch of flattened cardboard boxes looking like you just came out of a warzone, if you haven’t noticed.”

At this point, I actually took the time to look at myself, and sure enough, I was a tattered mess. All my clothes were either ripped or dirty and I had no ideas where my shoes were or when the last time I washed my hair was at this point.

“What happened to you?” She asked me, her tone completely different; this time with compassion and patience.

“I-I don’t know.” I blinked at my own lack of understanding. “What’s today’s date?” I asked, trying to confirm what’s happened.

She raised her eyebrow and took her phone out of her pocket. Her phone alone was enough to tell me that something was extremely off. “May 20th, 2020.”

“2020?” I confirmed.

“Yeah. 2020.”

I looked her with wide eyes. “I don’t know if I should be saying this, but the last thing I remember was 2014.”

This time she looked at me with even wider eyes before pulling out a piece of cardboard from the enormous pile next to us and sitting in front of me. Now, I had a clearer look of her, and she was clearly extremely pretty and youthful, but nonetheless charismatic. “You, clearly, went through something extremely tough, and I want to help you, but I have no idea if what you went through would be a risk to me.”

At first, I had no idea how what happened to me could be of any risk to her before she went on explaining.

“I’m Kwon Taeri, the head of SM’s intelligence agency.” She explained. “Yeah, I walked by this alley by chance, but I do have the instinct of being able to tell when something’s wrong, and you practically radiate that.”

I wanted to laugh at her example, but nothing felt right within me. I felt like a swirling black hole of life and emotions was trying to pull me down.

“Okay, I know this is going to be tough.” She began, putting her hands up as if admitting defeat, “But I want to help you and this is the best I can offer. Do you want to hear it?”

I nodded immediately. Even if it was very little, any help right now would be extremely beneficial.

“I’ll bring you to a hospital and I’ll list myself as your guardian if you agree, but if you don’t agree you’re on your own from this point.”

I nodded again, signaling her to go on.

“Join my intelligence agency.”

 

a/n: hello readers! i hope you enjoyed today's little teaser :) i didn't want to keep you guys waiting too long for a chapter, so i decided to write a short snippet. Unfortunately, i don't know exactly when i'll start writing chapters for this story. :( 

but in the meantime you can read Mission Exo (I) or some of my other stories :) 

have a nice day lovelies ~ don't forget to comment, upvote and subscribe ^^