Practice :: Part 2

Soulmate

              :: Taehyun oppa

              Due to late solo concert rehearsal last night, all of us woke up late just now TT

              Glad you came on time yesterday. Don’t late again, kay? :p

 

              Jiyoon giggled by herself. Jihyun, Gayoon, and Sohyun who still enjoying their breakfast turned their attentions to this giggly girl, scared of her sudden change.

              "Eonni, stop giggling by yourself. You make me goose bumps," the maknae shuddered. She was afraid that her favorite sister went mad. The current Jiyoon that she knew was scary for her, what’s more the mad one. Gosh, even she couldn’t imagine it.

              Gayoon just shook her head. "Let her be, I bet she will dump me soon. Thanks for that oppa," she snickered, sent a dead glare toward Jiyoon. The latter, who was drown with her own world, didn’t hear anything nor respond to both Gayoon and Sohyun. Jihyun just chuckled.   

              Taehyun and Jiyoon had been chatting nonstop since 3 days ago. That’s what Jihyun found after checking her phone awhile ago, when she washed up. She thought that both of them would make a cute couple if they ended up together.

              Hyuna walked out from her room, stood right behind Jiyoon. She was going to reach for sandwich on the table when she found something worth-looking in front of her.

              "Glad you came on time yesterday. Don’t late again, kay?" she red the text out loud, made a face while mimicking Taehyun’s voice. She took a piece of sandwich, and tapped her eonni’s shoulder lightly. "Eyy eonni~ I’m shuddered!" she squeaks.

              Jiyoon’s eyes widened, her face were flushed pink. "YAH KIM HYUNA!!!" she shouted. She tried to hit Hyuna but failed thanks to her fast reflex in avoiding ‘unpleasant’ things.

              "Girls, let’s make a bet! I’m betting they will end up tonight!" Hyuna said while munching her sandwich, both eyes were full of flames.

              "Me! me! After Inkigayo!" Sohyun joined her eonni, stood up while raising her hand and jumping like a little kid.

              "I’m betting myself with Hyerim  eonni then," Gayoon rolled her eyes, "Yah, do you hear me? I’m with Hyerim eonni! Don’t you ever try to snatch her from me nor beg for me coming back to you," she poked Jiyoon’s cheek who was happened to sit beside her, annoyance was clearly seen on her face.

              Jiyoon clicked her tongue, and then saw her best friend in disbelief, "Don’t make things become hard to me, Gayoonit. I love you both, how could you do this to me?" she pretended sobbing, tuning her proudly aegyo while massaging her temples. She looked up, "and you two! You want to sleep outside tonight, huh?" she hissed, pointed her index finger toward both maknaes. Both maknaes didn’t dare to have eye contact with Jiyoon. Sohyun glanced down and fiddled her meals, while Hyuna hid beside Gayoon’s seat, hugging Gayoon’s arm tight.

              Jihyun looked at her members amusedly, chuckled at the ‘drama’ in front of her eyes."Calm down, Jiyoonit. Ah, I’m waiting for your lobster course treat so you need to get along well with him. Got it?" she giggled.

              Jiyoon widened her eyes, face turned red with rage. "Eonni, you too?" she growled, then glanced at Hyuna. "Don’t you have morning practice today? Why are you still here, huh?"

              "I’m going to," she said, stuffed a sandwich for the last time. "See ya, girls!" she shouted while munching, and rushed to the door.

              Jiyoon shook her head and turned back her attention to her phone. She smiled again, and started typing her reply.

 


 

              :: Jiyoonie

              What an exhausting rehearsal you got there, oppa :(

              Nonono I won’t, don’t worry :p

 

              Taehyun smiled upon reading Jiyoon’s reply. Somehow her replies made his heart warm. He was planning to reply it back when he got a ‘flying towel’ right on his face.

              "Stop smiling by yourself, you look disgusting," Jaeheung snickered, glanced at Taehyun who was laying on the sofa. "Go wash up now or you will be late to meet your girl today," he added.

              Taehyun sat up, slung his towel over his shoulder. A sigh escaped from his mouth. "She isn’t my girl, we’re just… friends," he smiled half-heartedly.

              Jaeheung looked at his vocalist sympathetically. He was pretty sure that was in love with his partner. He pitied him.

              "Yeah she isn’t your girl… yet" Hyunwoo approached Taehyun, slumped down on an empty space beside him. Taehyun was puzzled. He wondered where this guy popped out from.

              Hyunwoo clung his arm around Taehyun’s shoulder."Hey, this is not the usual you! Back to your sense!" he smacked Taehyun’s arm. "Taehyun that I know won’t give up on things easily, especially for someone important to you," he smirked, tapped his shoulder for the last time and walked past him, left Taehyun dumbfounded.

              He threw his phone on the sofa, stretched his body and let out a big sigh. He was going to stand up when he heard a beep sound from his phone

              :: Jiyoonie

              Take lots rest, oppa. Don’t be stressed out!

              So, see you in 2 hours? Don’t fall asleep on your bed again :p

              His heart beat rapidly as he red it for several times. He smiled like a dumb. She cares about me.

 


 

              "Jiyoon-ah, why don’t you play an instrument like guitar or keyboard? It seems bland to see you two standing  there without doing anything," said Garam while knocking his drum stick onto his chin.

              "That’s great! How about keyboard? You know some chords, rite?" Hyunwoo asked.

              "Ey of course she knows! There’s nothing she can’t do" Jaeheung added, made the latter blush.

              Jiyoon chuckled awkwardly. "Eyy I’m not that great, oppa," she said, fanning herself with her palm. She ‘accidently’ darted her eyes to Taehyun. He smiled at her, showed her his thumb up. She blushed even more.

              "Let’s make a storyline then! Jiyoon, you sit at the corner while playing with your keyboard, and Taehyun… what shall we do with him? Shall we throw him away?" Hyunwoo smirked.

              Taehyun sents a dead glare toward him, hissed. "Just make me watch her playing from behind then, or sit beside her. That’s it," he shrugged. The boys were looking at each other, and smiled mischievously.

              "That’s your wish," Jaeheung snickered, made both Taehyun and Jiyoon blush.

              "Okay, let’s do that one. Make sure to do some skinship, that’s up to you whether you want to hold her hand, pat or embrace her shoulder, I don’t care. At least it can count as skinship," Garam added. The latter blushed even more.

              Jiyoon, followed by Taehyun behind her, sat on empty seats behind the keyboard. Jiyoon was just Jiyoon. The moment an instrument was in her hands, she couldn’t stop an urge to play it. She tuned an old song, her mother's favorite one, titled A Farewell Story by Lee Moon Sae and hummed the lyrics.

              Taehyun was watching her affectionately from the sidelines.  Her delicate fingers that pressing some keys in harmony. Her pretty face that shining in the dim light. Her bright eyes that sparkling. Her pink lips that humming into the song softly. He was mesmerized by her beauty.

              "Ah oppa, can you play piano?" She turned her attention to Taehyun, brought him out of his reverie. He rubbed his nape awkwardly.

              "Yea just a bit. Not as awesome as yours," he grinned awkwardly, succeed in making Jiyoon turn into crimson.

              "Ey told ya I’m not that great, oppa," she chuckled in delight. "Ah Hyunwoo oppa, the chords are C G A minor F, rite?" she peeked up at Hyunwoo. Hyunwoo just nodded, gave her an okay sign.

              "You picked the chords by ear? Woa your instinct of music is acute. And you said that you’re not ‘that’ great?" Taehyun wriggled his eyebrows. Her face turned into pink again.

              Cute. He thought, and unconsciously patted her head. Jiyoon widened her eyes, startled by his sudden action. She could feel her heart beat rapidly. Damn it, my heart.

              Taehyun who just realized on his doing, retreated his hand and smiled casually, pretended like nothing had happened just now. But inside, he knew that his heart was going to explode anytime.

              Garam who realized the current situation, cleared his throat to attract the lovebirds’ attentions. "Shall we start now?"

 


 

              "Let’s take a photo group! Photo group!" Jiyoon beamed cutely, made the boys want to squeeze her- especially that certain person, Taehyun. The boys nodded in agreement, and asked their manager to take a picture of them.

              Jiyoon was standing in the centre while the boys surrounding her. Garam took her right side followed by Jaeheung beside him. Taehyun rushed to her left side before Hyunwoo took it. Hyunwoo, looking at his vocalist amusedly, chuckled upon his action.

              Taehyun hesitantly stood closer to Jiyoon. He raised his hand on top of her head, tried not to touch it. He smiled, being close with her somehow made him feel good. Jiyoon, unaware of the situation, smiled brightly while formed a V sign with her middle and index fingers.

              "Thanks for today, oppadeul. I had so much fun with you guys," she smiled sincerely. "I’m going first!" she bade them goodbye and left the room.

              Jaeheung pushed Taehyun’s shoulder. "Walk her to her van." Taehyun creased his forehead, puzzled. "Now or never," Jaeheung added. With that, he rushed to the door and ran after her.

 

              "Jiyoon-ah!" she turned her back. She was startled when she found Taehyun running to her and then squatting down, trying to catch his breath.

              "Oh, Taehyun oppa? What’s wrong?" she tilted her head, approached him.

              "It’s just… I want… to walk you down," he said, still trying to catch his breath. Jiyoon’s face was unreadable. She was.. touched?

              A smile escaped from her flawless face. "You don’t need to do that, oppa. It’s not like someone will stalk nor kidnap me," she chuckled, give him a hand.

              He peeked up, reached her hand. "Thanks," he whispered, smiled sincerely. She nodded and looked away, tried to hide her reddish face from him.

              They walked in silence, side by side. They enjoyed the comfortable silence engulfing them. Sometimes, Taehyun would steal a glance at her, and so did Jiyoon.

              "Ah, you have your rehearsal again tonight?" she asked, her head was tilted cutely.

              He nodded, " and will be finished around midnight again, I guess. The concert is coming near," he shrugged.

              She mouthed an O form, and nodded. "Don’t force yourself oppa."

              He glanced at her in confusion. "Take lots rest, oppa. Your schedule is no joke," she shook her head in disagreement. He remained silent, a smirk was shown seconds after.

              "Aww you care about me," he , poked her right cheek.

              "Of course I do," she said sternly. Taehyun was taken aback, stared at her in disbelief. "Ah ani, I mean- I do care about you because you’re my partner, what if you can’t do well on our performance? I don’t want that to happen," she puffed her cheeks.

              He looked at her amusedly, and chuckled. "I got it I got it. Calm down, miss," he ruffled her hair. "That’s your van, rite?" he pointed at a van parked in front of the building.

              She nodded."Thanks for walking me here, oppa. Gosh I feel like a child guided by a neighbor uncle," she joked.

              "Hey, I’m not a neighbor uncle!" he rolled his eyes, "I prefer a handsome oppa instead," he smirked, gained a slap from Jiyoon.

              "So… see you tomorrow?" she grinned.

              He nodded, "I will text you after finishing my practice."

              She shook her head, waved her hand "Hmm don’t, sleep after you finish! I wont reply it if you still insist on texting me," she sticked out her tongue, chuckled in delight. "I’m going first," she smiled, bade him goodbye and got into her van.

              Taehyun smiled to see her action just now. This girl. He chuckled, and got back to the practice room.

 

► Hyerim is 4minute's stylist, the one that Jiyoon kissed and Gayoon took a selca with xD