Practice :: Part 1

Soulmate

                "Jiyoonit, " Jihyun tapped Jiyoon’s cheek lightly, in order to make her up. Jiyoon was sleeping peacefully on her comfortable bed. She was hugging her bolster tight while her leg swung over it. She looked like a baby somehow.

                She fluttered opened her eyes, and then closed them seconds after. "5 minutes more, " she grunted.

                Jihyun frowned, shook Jiyoon’s body violently. "Wash up now or you will be late for your practice with Dickpunks today!"

                "Mmm I don’t have-" she faltered, opened her eyes widely, "WHAT TIME IS IT NOW? "

                Jihyun amused by her dongsaeng’s action. She shrugged, "nine? I thought your practice is half hour more."

                "I’M SO DONE OMG WHY DIDN’T YOU WAKE ME UP EARLIER?" she growled, woke up abruptly and ran as fast as light to the bathroom.

               Jihyun shook her head, chuckled. "This girl is so cute, " she murmured.

 


 

               Jiyoon peeked at a small window on the door. She saw her Dickpunks oppas chatting and joking  freely inside the practice room. She breathed in, tried to clear a lump in . They have waited me for so long. she thought. She knocked the door and peeked inside the room.

               "Oh, Jiyoon! Come in,’’ Hyunwoo beamed.

               Taehyun looked at the door, only to find Jiyoon’s head peeping out from behind the door. A smile crept on his face.  Cute. he thought.

               The boys stood up and approached her with smile plastered on their faces. "You’re an hour late. What’s going on?" Jaeheung asked, both eyebrows creased.

               Jiyoon rubbed the nape of her neck, smiled awkwardly. "It’s just.. nothing. Something happened, not a big problem thought. Don’t worry," she grinned.

               "Ah, I see. " The boys nodded, except Taehyun. He frowned, wasn’t satisfied with her answer.

               "Okay, let’s start the practice!" Garam shouted. The boys went to their original places, Hyunwoo with keyboard, Jaeheung with bass, and Garam with his drum set. Taehyun walked to her side, smiling.

               "Hey, are you okay?" Taehyun asked in concern.

               Jiyoon looked up, frowned. "Eh? Pardon me?"

               "You were late. Something happened? " he sat on a chair  at the centre of the room, beside Jiyoon’s.

               Jiyoon turned pink. "Ah… that was.. " she leaned closer to Taehyun. "I woke up late this morning, " she whispered so that no one could hear her besides him. He stared at her bemusedly, and then laughed histerically.  

               Jiyoon squeaked, "Oppa! " she gasped , panicky covered his mouth.

               The other members made eye contact with each other in confused, and turned their attentions to both Taehyun and Jiyoon. The limelight was frozen on their spot, not accustomed to the members’ sudden attentions toward them.

               Jiyoon detached her hand from his mouth, smiled awkwardly. "Ah.. sorry? That was.. reflex. " She raised her right hand, waved it while looking around. "Continue on what you’re doing, guys!" she grinned. Jaeheung stared at her blankly, and then turned back plugging the cable into the sound system. Garam shook his head and continued turning the snare off, while Hyunwoo chuckled at her reaction and played some chords.

               Knowing others were busy with their own stuff, Jiyoon turned her body to Taehyun abruptly and slapped his right arm quite hard. "Don’t laugh!" she muttered under her breath.

               Taehyun chuckled, "Sorry, I can’t help it" he grinned. "Did you stay up late yesterday? You never came late before."

               "Yesterday’s recording was exhausting! Gosh, even I wasn’t that tired when we made the song. I headed to my room straightly right after stepping in our dorm. " she groaned. Taehyun’s face was unreadable. He looked quite hesitated.

               "Shall we.. exchange numbers?" he fiddled with his mic, and then peeked up at her.

               "Eh?" She blurted, her face was puzzled.

               "Let’s exchange numbers," he looked  up, and fiddled with his mic again. "Just prevent you from coming late again, perhaps? You know, we have been working together for over a week. It’s weird if we haven’t had each other’s numbers, isn’t it?"

               She beamed, "Sure! Why not?" she chuckled.

               "Guys, I’m finished with tuning here. Let’s start the practice now!" Garam shouted.

               Both Jiyoon and Taehyun looked at Garam, and nodded. She took a glance at Taehyun. "Later, kay?" she whispered, grinned.

 


 

               "Jiyoonit, you’re back!" Gayoon beamed, approached Jiyoon who still busy unlacing her sneakers.

               "Gayoonit!" Jiyoon rushed to Gayoon and hugged her. "How’s school?"

               "That was stressing me out! I had to solve Math problems too for God’s shake," she groaned.

               Jiyoon laughed at her best friend’s ‘misery’. "Be strong, Heo Gayoon! You can do it!" she squealed, pumped her fist high.

               Gayoon yanked Jiyoon away. "Yah Jeon Jiyoon!" she slapped her arm hard.

               Jiyoon flinched, pouted. "It’s hurt.." she made a face to Gayoon.

               Gayoon smirked, "at least I have new people to flirt with~" she walked past Jiyoon, humming happily. Jiyoon was frozen. A big disappointment was plastered on her face. She puffed her cheeks, chased the suspect of her disappointment. "Gayoonit, how dare you!"

               Gayoon laughed, tapped Jiyoon’s shoulder to her room. "Go shower now, you’re stinky ewh." She made a disgusting face toward Jiyoon. She pushed her inside the room, closed the door and ran away.

               Jiyoon tried to ran after her, but retreated it. "Heo Gayoon!" she growled, rolled her eyes.

               She trudged to her bed. She threw her phone and wallet there and then laid her back. She put her right forearm over her head, looking haggard. Her practice was ended at 6, earlier than she expected. Since she had an uncompleted work in her office, she needed to head for there. As result, she just went back at 11.

               She was going to close her eyes when she heard a beep coming from her phone. She sighed tiredly, reached for her phone lazily which was on top of her head. One notification from Kakaotalk.

               :: Taehyun oppa

               Jiyoonie! Already home?

               She got up abruptly from her bed. A smile crept on her face.

 

 

►The first chapter is out! What do you think? Give me your opinion!

Ah, I was going to made this story as oneshot, but it's impossible since the story seems too long to be an oneshot. 4 chapters, maybe?

This story is dedicated to my beloved sister Wulan eonni who had her birthday weeks ago  ><