Irrevocable

Irrevocable

The twenty-eight year old Seohyun doesn’t like parties―be it just a simple birthday party or an extravagant one. She had come to the conclusion that she hated how loud the place gets and how the people seems to do a lot of acting and trying to mingle with each other. She’s not a psychologist or anything related to it to know how the minds of these people work but being a lawyer for almost three years made her skeptical about a lot of things―people included. She can see it in their eyes and their smiles. Just one look and she’d know if they’re lying or not. There were very minimal cases wherein she had to do a lot of mental analysis to know that.

Like today.

Seohyun doesn’t understand why her mind seemed to be in conflict while looking at this guy. The guy was not a stranger for her. In fact, she had known him since childhood. They were best friends turned lovers turned acquaintances (for a lack of better word to describe what their relationship is after the break up). They hadn’t met since then and though she would have liked it better if he didn’t showed up in that stupid high school reunion, she missed him. He still looked the same from the last time she had seen him. Or maybe a little bit better seeing how he looked quite mature now and definitely, still the handsome guy she had loved before.

“How are you doing, Seohyun?” He asked her as he offered her a glass of red wine. She took it, not really wanting to decline him. They were once good friends after all. Besides, she had been alone and lonely ever since she entered the hall. A companion wouldn’t hurt.

“I’m doing fine, I guess. How about you?” She asked him back. “I heard you’re filming a new movie.”

He chuckled. “Should I be grateful that you still keep in track of what I do despite your busy schedule, Ms. Lawyer?”

She glared at him and smiled in triumphant when he stopped chuckling. She realized she still has the upper hand between the two of them. “How could I miss that one, though, Luhan? My client’s daughter loves you and I don’t understand why.”

“Hey! Who wouldn’t love me? I’m handsome.” Luhan bragged as he posed as if he was having a magazine photoshoot. Seohyun pretended to vomit earning a glare from him.

“Sadly, that’s all there is to you.” Seohyun smirked.

He pretended to be hurt with what she just said making her roll her eyes at him.

Seohyun doesn’t understand how it seemed so easy to talk to him―as if nothing happened, as if he hadn’t broken her heart for a lot of times in the past, as if she hadn’t cried over him before. But unlike the other people whom she had short talks with the whole night, he seemed genuine in wanting to talk to her. His eyes showed something different from the others and she honestly doesn’t know if it’s a good thing or not.

“Listen, Seohyun.” The sudden seriousness in his voice caught her off guard. She looked at him skeptically, as if assessing if it was all just an act or not. He is, after all, a very good actor. Failing to understand what he’s up to and not wanting to be caught in a very awkward situation with him, she chose to look away and started walking towards the main door of the hall.

She heard him calling her name but she didn’t turned back to look at him. Instead, she continued walking forward. She was fairly aware of the looks everyone was giving the two of them but she couldn’t care less.

She was a meter away from the door when she suddenly felt a hand gripping her arm gently yet tightly and she was being dragged towards the exit. She didn’t say anything and just continued following him until they reached the end of the corridor. It was just the two of them and unlike the atmosphere inside the hall just a few minutes ago, it was awkward. He was standing in front of her while she was resting her back on the wall behind her. Seohyun looked at anything but him.

“Seohyun.” He called her name softly. “Look at me, please.”

She shook her head. “No.” That came out as a whisper and she mentally slap herself for acting weak that very moment. She had always been a strong woman and would never back out. She had handled a lot of cases in that three years she had been practicing her profession and never once, she got tongue tied. People thought she would always speak what’s on her mind but that’s not exactly true. She always took time to analyze things and wouldn’t dare to say a thing if she wasn’t sure enough about it. But when it comes to him, her mind would often go blank. It was as if she wasn’t capable of thinking.

Luhan moved closer to her and held her hands. He silently thanked the heavens when she didn’t pull her hands away from his grasp. He took it as a good sign to talk.

“I’d make this simple and clear,” He started. “I want you back in my life, Seohyun.”

Seohyun bit her lip as she willed herself not to cry in front of him. She loved him before much more than she loved herself and though her mind wanted to deny it, she still is irrevocably in love with him. But she had also grown tired of his lies and she was sure, her heart can’t take anymore of those.

“Do you honestly think I would believe you, Luhan?” She asked him in a low voice. She pulled her hands back and looked at him straight in the eyes. Luhan gasped upon seeing the pain in her eyes. He knew he was being selfish for wanting her back after all the bad things he had done to her but he was and still is, undeniably in love with her. No one had ever replaced her in his heart. No one even came close.

“Seohyun…”

“One thing I’ve learned while studying is to never let myself fall for the words of other people done orally.” A small, bitter smile appeared on her face. “Everything had to be written so in case there would be problems later on, I’d have something to prove my case.”

“Seo―”

“I don’t believe in you, that’s what I wanted to say.” Seohyun concluded. He was about to protest when his phone rang, slightly breaking the heavy atmosphere between them. Luhan held her hand tightly as his other hand took his phone from his pocket and answered the call. He can’t let go of her hand for it would be too risky because she might run away from him. And he knew, he doesn’t want that to happen.

“Yes, hyung?” Luhan greeted. Seohyun tried to break free from his grip but he was holding her tightly. She glared at him but he just ignored her and continued talking to the other person in the phone.

“Alright. I’m going home.” He said before he ended the call. Seohyun sighed in relief upon hearing that he’s already heading home.

“Seohyun, you need to come with me.” He stated as he began taking his tuxedo off. He quickly wrapped it around her and began dragging her to the elevator.

“Luhan! Let go!” She protested while trying to escape from him.

“Damn it, Seohyun. Trust me!” He gritted his teeth as he kept her in his arms.

“Didn’t I just tell you? I don’t fully trust other people―especially you!” She yelled and though it hurts him hearing that, he just can’t leave her alone in the place. The media was coming in the hotel. It turned out someone took a picture of them and posted it online. Luhan had never been caught in any scandals. That would be the first one and he just couldn’t let Seohyun be troubled by it.

“I don’t care what the damn law says, Seohyun. You need to trust me this time.” He hissed. Seeing his troubled face, Seohyun finally understood that something might have gone wrong so she decided to finally trust him a little and just followed him. Soon enough, they were able to leave the hotel safely. He brought her to his car and he began driving.

“Where are you taking me?” She asked.

“In my house.”

“What?” Her eyes widened. “No! You can’t bring me there, Luhan!” She yelled.

“You’re so loud, woman. I can’t think of anywhere else to bring you, okay?” He said, still concentrating on the road.

“Just bring me home!”

“Oh, correction.” He took a glance of her briefly before grinning. “I’m taking you to our future house.”

 

----------

 

It was a two-storey house. Upon seeing the exterior, Seohyun instantly know it was the house the two of them had dreamed of before. The garden outside the house, the balcony in the second floor and the color definitely fits their description of their dream house. She was on the verge of crying but controlled herself not to let any tears fall. Suddenly, she was being escorted by Luhan towards the house. If the exterior of the house was perfect, the interior was a lot more better. Seohyun knew Luhan had put a lot of effort in making everything exactly how they wanted it before.

“Seohyun.” He called her name. Seohyun turned to look at him.

“Why, Luhan?” She wasn’t exactly sure what was that question for.

“I know I’ve lied to you a lot of times before and that’s probably why you can’t fully trust me now. Heck, that’s probably the reason why you’re a lawyer now.” He chuckled bitterly. “And I’m really sorry. I was naïve back then and the thought of attaching myself to you scared me a lot. I regretted lying to you, I regretted leaving you, hurting you and I know saying sorry isn’t enough but believe me when I say that I still love you. You’re still the only one.”

Seohyun cried. She just can’t hold it back anymore. Her heart and mind were in a battle and she doesn’t know who to follow. Her heart told her to take him back, that everything’s going to work out fine but her mind told her not to believe in him.

Luhan hugged her upon seeing her cry. He had always hated whenever she cries and he hated it more when the reason was him.

“Do you really mean it?” She whispered when she finally calmed down a little. Luhan hugged her tighter and she felt him nodding.

“Yes. I love you, Seohyun. Always have, always will.”

“How can I make sure you’re not lying this time?” She challenged him. She gently pushed him away, breaking the hug.

He looked at her seriously. “You can write a marriage contract right here. Right now. You can write whatever your demands are and I’d signed it without even reading the content.”

Seohyun gasped in shock. It wasn’t the answer she was expecting. “Would you, really?”

“Yes. If that’s what it takes to make you come back to me.”

“Okay.”

“Instead, I’d ask for one thing in return.” He grinned.

“What is it?”

He held her close to him before he whispered, “We’re going to seal it with a kiss.”

He was about to close the distance between their lips when she stopped him by putting his index finger in his lips.

“Our marriage contract would be irrevocable, just so you know.” She pointed out. “Meaning, you can’t cancel it. You’re binding yourself to me permanently just as I am binding myself to you. It’s an extremely special contract. No situation will arise that will make it revocable, understand?”

He chuckled. She sounded just like the lawyer she is. “Okay.” He nodded. “Deal.”

“Lastly,”

He groaned when she stopped him from kissing her again. “What now?”

“I love you too.” She smiled at him and slowly, he leaned in to capture her lips in a searing kiss.

 

---

 

Contract of Forever

I, Luhan, do hereby bind myself to be Seohyun’s loving other half until the day I die.

I promise to love her each and every day we’re together as long as I live.

Along with this promise of forever, I also bind myself to do any other acts as deemed necessary for the fulfillment of this promise.

Signed,

Luhan

 

 


Okay. Yes, I know. I should be writing a chapter for ATY instead. I won't have any other excuse for that except that I'm really busy. But this plot suddenly occured to me earlier while I was on my law class. (Classic example of a good student, day dreaming in the class, I know. Haha.) I'm irrevocably inlove with this plot that I just had to write it so I used my free time to do so. Don't shoot me for not updating ATY please. I still love you dear readers. Haha. Anyway, I'd really appreciate it if you guys would leave some comments. They're energy-boosters! ^^