You, I, Us

Before The Dawn

It started few months before, when they were eating dinner in the one of the famous restaurant in their town. Hana suddenly stopped eating and one of her hand moved forward toward Jongin’s. Jongin who was surprised of Hana action just put his forks down and reached for Hana’s hand. He quickly squished her hand gently while asking what’s wrong, and is she doesn’t like the food. She just shook her head and went quiet. Her hands and lips were trembling. Her eyes were teary. She gathered all her courage and swallowed her own saliva before she said the one sentence she wished she never said to him.

Break up. She wanted a break up. For God’s sake, in two years of their relationship never, not even one second Jongin ever thought about breaking up with Hana but now he’s officially an ex of Lee Hana. The girl who made and always makes his world turns upside down since four years ago.

He’s never ever thought that his insensitivity toward her, and lack of care about his college -because he was too busy with his part-time job- will bring him to this kind of state. All these time he worked his off for her, for them and their relationship. He wants to give only the best for her.

Everything were ruined, his future, present, even his past. All of his sweet memories with her were nothing but an empty film that kept playing in his head. Her sweet voice won’t be the first sound he will hear when he wakes up and her sweet smile won’t be the last thing he will see before sleep.

What he supposed to do when the best part of him was always her? What he supposed to say when he’s all choked up and she’s ok? They say bad things happen for a reason, but no wise words gonna stop the bleeding.  Just thinking of it made his heart broke into pieces.

No. He’s not gonna lost her, not now or later, never. He gonna fight for her, for them.

After Jongin refused to give up on their relationship. He determined to win her heart; 4 years ago it was her who win his heart now it’s his turn to do the same. He tried every thing that he could do to get her attention. At first Hana ignored him, and pretended that Jongin is not there, but eventually she felt annoy and missed him so much at the same time. Therefore, finally she gave up and asked him what his intention to do all those things to her.

“I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true thing. Although it would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you, but if we can have forever together why not?”

That was what Jongin said to her. The words he was saying at that time are just quotes from a famous young-adult fiction novel, and his voice maybe not as good as all the singers in the world, but his sincerity was no doubt won Hana’s heart. If she died at that moment she didn’t even care, the one that she loves the most, the one that she wants to spend the rest of her life was right in front of her shouting to the world that he loves her. To the moon and back, forever and always.

With that they both got back together. They start to change their attitude into the better ways. Jongin starts to learn manage his time to work with his life. Hana starts to understand him and his insensitivity.

What goes up must come down.

As the words are saying, their happiness didn’t stand long. Hana received the news that she was accepted a scholarship at a prestigious university.

She got into dilemma. She either has to let her dream flew away or left Jongin behind. Jongin convinced her that she should pursue her dream. It was only three weeks before her departure that they started to distance themselves.

After all, love is when someone else’s happiness become your happiness.

He was too busy with his work and his family business; she was too busy preparing for the scholarship. They went out for date sometimes but it didn’t go well. They quickly ran out of topic often, because they got so caught up in their own lives to even ask what has happen to each other lives. They often in their own world instead of using their time wisely. Maybe they didn’t realize it but they did that on purpose. They still couldn’t face the fact that in the next few weeks they’ll be parting ways. Separate thousands miles. They shielded themselves from the reality. Trapped between dreams and reality. Their dreams and hopes were too good to be true, but the reality was also too cruel for them.

And when the time comes they can only say,

“I wish we have more time.”

Let me tell you something. We, humans already have more time than we should have. We all do, but we keep wasting it for nothing instead for something good. We can always be a hope for others but we choose not to. We always say to others live your life the fullest, but have ourselves already do that? Happiness doesn’t only come from our love ones but also from many things. Always think positive in every condition, but why we always angry when every things didn’t work the way they should? Why are we so grumpy when happiness did not come to us for one day? Happiness never flew away we, humans are the one who push it further from us.

Jongin and Hana are the example, they should have more time together, sharing love and happiness with each other maybe even with others, but they spent it for nothing. Worrying about themselves, and how will they gonna live, how they gonna survive without each other.

I’m not saying we can’t be selfish. We can, but at certain circumstances.  

Hana just wanted to talk when Jongin cuts her with kiss. She quickly kisses back but a minute later, she finishes the kiss. She knows that she must face the reality now. They both must.

“It might look not fair for us. Why us ? I already thought about it hundreds times and finally I know why.”  She started. “We already going through many things, many high mountains we already climbed. Up and down. Maybe it’s just one of other mountains we have to climb.”

Jongin is just hearing at her words silently, trying to absorb word by word.

“I don’t know where we’re going in the future. If God permit, we’ll meet again. If this is the end of our story then let it be. Right now just make the best of what is left. Let’s promise to not regret anything about us.” He finally speaks up. Hana just nods her head.

They both got silence for a while before Hana speaks again,

“Let me hear your beating heart…”

With that Jongin takes Hana right hand and places it on his left chest. She lowers her head so she can hear the beating of his heart. The heart that belongs to the person she loves the most started from their first meeting until now, then and forever.

That day the sun was shining pretty bright for an autumn day. Hana walked through the street with a frown on her face and watery eyes. Her usual happy face didn’t show any happiness at all. She stomped her feet with every footsteps she took. She didn’t care those weird look people gave her, she was already control by her anger. Come on, what kind of woman that does not angry when her best friend is cheating with her boyfriend?

She just wanted to kill someone right now, and those particular someone are her best friend and boyfriend. She tried to kick that thought out of her mind, but it couldn’t be help. Her heart already broken and couldn’t be fixed. -Or that was she thought that day.-

She eventually let her feet lead her to a small comfy coffee shop. When she entered the shop the smell of coffee was the only thing she could smell. -She always loves the smell of coffee, it makes her calm.- She quickly ordered a cup of Café Au Lait and sat on one of the available chairs near the window. She looked outside and wandering around, she asked herself inside why all of people she must be the one who always got dump or cheated. Her first, second, third, even now the fourth one were all the same. She hated herself for being too boring for others.

Yes, she’s boring and she knows that very well. People often said that.

-u-

Hana was born with a gift. A gift that many people wish they had, but sadly they didn’t. A special little thing that God gave to her and most of the living things in earth but with special touch. Brain, not just an ordinary brain but also a pretty smart and unique one. Her parents discovered her cleverness when she was six, at that time she was still in her first grade of elementary but surprisingly she could do the third grade task. After that she skipped classes twice, and graduated school at the age of sixteen.

She might be smart but she has no friend at all. People often befriend with her just because her gift. She began to be lonely-mysterious person, no one dared to go near her. Until one day, one of the famous guy in her school began to ask her out. At first it went smoothly, but eventually as the days went by he started pulling himself from her before he broke up with her. She couldn’t accept it and asked her why he does that.

Her gift, that was the reason why. She hated her gift but she couldn’t do anything about it. It’s not something that she could throw away anytime she wants like things. As the time flew finally she could accept the reality that things doesn’t always work like we want to. After all, she believed that one day she’ll meet the love of her life that gonna accept her for who she is, not who he wants her to be.

She was too distract by her thought when suddenly the sound of thunder sounded in her ears. She quickly looked up and found that it was going to rain. It was weird for her to find that rain gonna coming any minute now when just few hours ago the sun was still shining brightly.

Then it hit her, the sky was just like her, moody. She quickly rose from her seat to go home, she walked out with happy face and bouncing a bit. She realized that there’s no need to be feel angry about the problem when there’re still many guys in this world.

 What she didn’t realize that there was a man who looking at her the whole time from the moment she set her foot in the coffee shop until she went out.

She went back to that coffee shop the week after. Didn’t know why she came there maybe it is because the coffee she thought. She ordered her usual type of coffee and sat on the same chair as last week. She smelled her coffee and then took a sip of it. She opened the book she was holding and quickly drowned into it. She didn’t know that the same man that had watching her last week was observing her again.

After a few months it was already become her routine to go to the coffee shop at least twice a week, and every time she went there that unknown man was always watching and observing her like she’s some kind of diamonds.

-u-

When Jongin introduced himself to Hana the first time, it was awkward and odd. He sat in front of her and asked her name. Come on, what kind of people that isn’t scared when some stranger ask their name out of nowhere? But she answered it anyway, there was something about him that made her curious-she was obviously know that he’s was going to ask her out-. She just wanted to know how Jongin gonna make her say yes to him.

It only needed 4 hours of chatting to make Hana fall for Jongin with all her heart. She loves his coffee-like scent, his voice and the way he talk, even when she being herself –chatting about something strange that only few people know and it’s not really important at all- he still listened to her and talking about it liked he know about it where in fact he didn’t.

The night came, Jongin had to work –at that time he worked as a barista in his own coffee shop- and Hana herself had to go home. Hana was just about to go home when Jongin stopped her.

“May I see you again?" Jongin suddenly asked. There was an endearing nervousness in his voice.

Hana put a little smile on her face. "…Sure."

"Tomorrow?" he asked again with big grin on his face.

"Patience, grasshopper," Hana counseled. "You don't want to seem overeager.”

"Right, that's why I said tomorrow," he said. "Actually I want to ask you out somewhere right now. But I'm willing to wait all night and much of tomorrow." Hana blinked her eyes rapidly, seems surprised with his honest confession. "I'm serious," he continued.

"You don't even know me," She argued,-hey a little bit rough to him it’s okay right?- she just wanted to see how far his courage will take him. He took something from his pocket and turned out to be a CD.

“Take this.” He said and reached Hana’s right hand and put the CD on her hand.

“Why should I ? We barely know each other, how should I know that this isn’t some prank or some weird government work to stalk me?”

“Hey, am I looking like someone who can work for the government or either put a prank on someone?” He convinced her. Hana shook her head slowly still unsure how to react with his gift ? Even Hana herself unsure that the CD can be count as a gift.

“So, trust me. The CD contains all my favorite songs, I want you to have it and listen to it. Who knows maybe we have same taste on music!” He explained.

“What kind of music in it?” She asked curiously.

“It’s secret. Find it by yourself. From my opinion you’ll soon probably say that you won’t listen to it but in the end your big curiosity will eat you and you’ll listen to it.” He answered. She surprised. Once again. opens slightly. She was surprised and asked herself how can he knew what she’s going to say and do. She thought for a second that Jongin is some mind reader.

She quickly said, "O…kay then. How about I call you when I finish listen to this?"

"But you don't even have my phone number," he replied.

"I strongly suspect you wrote it on a post-it paper that you plastered inside the CD."

He broke out into that goofy smile. "And you say we don't know each other.”

Somehow Jongin’s smile affect Hana and she also smiled. When she saw the autumn leaves fell that night, was the time when she knew that love has finally showed itself to her. Jongin is her love.

Sunshine is filling the room but the people inside of it still don’t want to wake up. They still trap in their own dreamland and wishing they’ll never have to wake up, but still in the end reality is coming after them. No matter how hard and how far they run they still can’t hide from the cruel reality that lies upon their eyes.

Jongin is the first one to awake, when he’s awake the first thing he sees is Hana’s beautiful face like he what he always want. Then, reality hits him, it’s hitting him hard. Today is the day when everything will either end or stop for a moment. Their relationship, their future and their love will never be the same again.

He caresses her face thanking God inside for creating such a beautiful creature, for letting her in his life even it’s only for 4 years. Creating memories together, through happiness and sadness together. He will forever cherish all moments he ever spent with her, cause that what is true love means.

“Jongin…” Hana suddenly speaks.

“Yes Hana?” He answers.

“Promise me something.”

“Promise you what?”

“Don’t ask just say yes.” She insists.

“Okay anything for you, my love.”

“Promise me that a year or years from now you’ll come and find me. Promise me that you’ll never fall in love with anyone else beside me. Promise me that our love and story isn’t going to end, it’s just going to a new chapter. Promise me!”

He combs her hair slowly, and rubs her back. He thanks her for not ending everything like he thought.

“I promise. I promise you that a year or years from now I’ll come and find you, and we will be together again. I’ll never fall in love with someone beside you. I promise that this is not the end of all; we still have a long way and chapters need to be written. I promise with all my heart. I love you, and love is keeping the promise anyway.”

 

Then he plants a deep kiss on her lips. They’re kissing slowly, like the time will stop if they do so. They can feel their own and each other heartbeats when their chests are touching. They stop when they hear a sound of alarm ringing. It’s like warning them that their time for now is getting less.

Jongin then gets up and stops the alarm and walks out of the room. It’s not long before Hana joins him, Hana walks out of the room wearing Jongin’s t-shirt that looks big on her but who cares. Here they are now, in the kitchen. Hana sits on the dining chair and watching Jongin brewing coffee for them.

Hana always loves watching him brewing coffee, it feels like he’s on his own world. His furrowed eyebrows and tiny pout on his lips when he is pouring the hot water to the coffee pot. When he finishes she blames the time for ticking too fast. She’ll never have enough of enjoying every little moments of him.

She gets up from her chair and goes toward Jongin–who is currently preparing their brunch, because it’s almost 11 PM-. She hugs him from the back and peeking a little of what he is doing from his board back.

“Let’s cook brunch together!” She exclaims, while she moves to his side and helps him. He nods in agreement.

They often prank each other while preparing the brunch, they both do not care if the world collapses now, and no one can tell them what to do. They are talking about many things while eating their foods. Their friends, families, childhood memories. Their first date, first kiss, the first Halloween party together, the first Christmas Eve night together, and the first new year night they spent together. It’s all ruin by the sound of the clock ringing loudly through the apartment. Telling them that it’s now already 2 PM.

Silence…

1 minute…

2 minutes…

3 minutes…

“What time is your flight ?” Jongin suddenly asked Hana, to break the silence.

“Around 7 PM, why ?” She answered and then asked him back.

“Then you should probably check your things right now, because we have to go at 3 or else you’ll get a hard time on the airport.”

Hana just nods her head lightly, and quickly eats her meals before walking back to the bedroom where her suitcase is. Jongin is just looking at her from behind, with sad looks on his eyes. Convincing himself not to cry on the airport.

Many things can happen in airport, and now one of those things happen to them. To Jongin and Hana.

They both stand in front of the departure lounge, they body might be standing there but their mind aren’t there anymore. They travel through time and spaces. When they both snap back to reality, the only thing that they can do is to keep silence.

Jongin is the first to make the move. He grabs Hana’s left hand and hold it tight. He faces her and she faces him back, their eyes meet and they both take a step closer toward each other. When they finally close enough, their foreheads are touching.

“Please remember our promise…” Hana whispers slowly.

“I will my love, with all my strength.”

She smiles and her right hand slowly crawl into his chest, “I love how your heart beats. It’s beating slowly but steady and sometimes fast, like a beating drum. I’m gonna miss your heartbeat.” She starts to cry and for God’s sake, Jongin is trying his best not to cry in front of her. Because if he cry, if they both cry, it will be harder to let her go.

He kisses her and they both get too emotional, they kiss almost for 3 minutes. People are looking at them weirdly but they don’t care, because all they know that this is maybe their last kiss for now. Only God knows when they’ll meet again. Someday, they say to themselves. They’ll work hard to make that ‘someday’ happen.

When they’re finish, Hana quickly looks at Jongin in the eyes and then starts to walk toward her flight gate, while Jongin walks to the parking lot. They both swear that it’s the most difficult walk that they ever do.

3 years later…

Hana is walking to her apartment when she feels someone following her. She rubs her neck to calm herself and quicken her footsteps. She already feels this way at least for a week now. When she already inside her apartment she quickly breaths in relieve. She walks to the kitchen to drink, and then she heads to her bedroom and opens her Mac and logs in on Skype, a smile full of hope appear on her face but it’s soon disappear. She looks again to the laptop screen and then breaths heavily.

She then closes her Mac and goes to the bathroom to relieve her stress.

Love isn’t just a straight line, but it’s a confusing mind-changeling line. It has curves, edges and bumps, has its own perfect and imperfection. That is what really happens to Jongin and Hana relationship. There were times when they were misunderstanding, there were times where they were fighting about something small and unnecessary. There were also times when they were good and sending kiss through laptop screen, but they never have a time like this when they aren’t talking for almost two months.

Hana can feel the cold water flowing from the shower the through her hair and body and ends on the bathroom floor. At least the cold water can calm her stress for now. She’s so stress with her study and part-time job not to mention her fight with Jongin.

It all started when Jongin called her and she didn’t answer it. Oh no, the call was answer but by someone else and unfortunately it’s one of her friend, Kyungsoo. Jongin got too scared that he accused her that she’s cheating from him, with Kyungsoo.

Oh for God’s sake. She isn’t cheating from Jongin, never. Kyungsoo just the newbie boy on her university and accidently he’s a Korean but has live quite long in the USA. So they both got pretty close quick and often hangout with their other friends. After all Kyungsoo already have someone waiting for him in the USA, and because of that same condition they both can feel how hard it is to have a long distance relationship and talk about it to each other to relieve their stress.

Hana can just breaths heavily every time she remembers the reason why Jongin and she are fighting now. Actually Hana gonna apologizes to Jongin, she herself knows that she often talked about Kyungsoo when she chatted with Jongin and Jongin may be misunderstand that as something else. She’ll never love someone beside Jongin, Jongin is her only love. Her first love and her last, she hopes.

Ever since the accident that happened 2 months ago, Jongin was being all close and mysterious even his friend rarely could talk with him, he worked almost 12 hours a day and rarely went out with his friends. His friends got curios but stayed quiet waiting for his explanation which is they believe involved his relationship with Hana, but Jongin kept his mouth quiet until Sehun–being a good friend and brother- tried to talk to him.

When Sehun asked what’s happening with him, Jongin lied and said that he is okay, but of course, it didn’t work for Sehun–his best friend since they were kindergarten-. Finally Jongin gave up and talked about his problems to Sehun.

Guess what? His friends were indeed right, it was about Hana and him.

He told Sehun that he started to distrust Hana loyalty, because of that one call that made everything ruin. To be honest Jongin didn’t make it a big problem if it only about the call, the call itself just the peak. Before the call Hana often mentioned Kyungsoo ever since she knew him, at first Jongin didn’t make it a problem at all, eventually he got jealous and wondered if Hana starting to fall for Kyungsoo. Even though he knows that Kyungsoo already got a girlfriend, but still cheating is something that could happen anytime and the risk got much bigger in a long distance relationship.

He talked about the problem with Hana but she told him that Kyungsoo just a friend, but he stil didn’t believe it because every time she talked about Kyungsoo he could see the same sparks he used to see and hear whenever they were together. Finally he couldn’t take it anymore and started to accuse Hana cheating with Kyungsoo behind his back. Hana who felt that she didn’t do it stand up for herself and accused him of being a possessive boyfriend.

They kept accused on each other, throwing bad words toward each other when finally Hana gave up and told him to stop contacting her for a moment. She said that they need to reflect what happen that day, and at the end of the week she’ll decide that they gonna continue this relationship or just gave up. At the end of the week he didn’t contact her nor he answered her call because he still didn’t prepare himself for Hana’s choice, he was scared that she’ll end their relationship.

So he texted Hana that said he was sorry and he need time to think about all, but he won’t stop fighting for their relationship. That was the last text that Jongin sent to Hana until.... Today. Sehun who finally knew all the story, wisely adviced Jongin to make a bolder move. He told Jongin that Hana and him cannot forever do this long distance relationship, it won’t work. He encouraged Jongin to bring his relationship with Hana to the next step. With Sehun words he started to plan everything, he called Kyungsoo to clear the problem. When he knew there isn’t anything between Kyungsoo and Hana he moved to the next step of his plan. London.

So here’s where Jongin now. London, for 2 weeks already.  From day one he set his foot on London he determines to make things right, to make Hana his, forever. He asked Kyungsoo about Hana’s schedule and where she usually go. Yeah, Jongin and Kyungsoo got pretty close since Jongin apologized to him. From there he started to prepare all the things he need for his plan. He went here and there only to get the things he need, he actually didn’t need to bother himself with all those matters because now he’s a General Manager and the absolute heir of his family businesses. He could order one of his men to take care all, but for Hana he is willing to do that. Hana deserves the best, he thinks. After all, this problem won’t happen if he not too being suspicions-and maybe hallucinating about the sparks- .

For the last one week already, Jongin will follow Hana from her university or her office until she reaches her apartment. Sometimes he had to hide somewhere or act strangely so Hana won’t notice him-if she notices him then his plan will be ruin-. He will stay a while in front of her apartment before leaving; he wants to make sure that she’s okay. Sometimes when they accidently -or he makes it look like a coincidence- are hanging out on Hana favorite coffee shop, he’ll be watching her from far. Watching Hana from far does make his heart heals a little bit, but it makes him wants to run to her and hugs her tightly. He can’t do that, no. He already hold himself for months, one wrong step will ruin everything. He clearly doesn’t want that to happen, the goal of his plan already lies in front of his eyes and him, ruining everything is not what he really need now.

Hana walks to her apartment front door, she keeps babbling about how impatience the guest is while walking. She stops babbling when she opens the door and finds a mail carrier standing in front of her door. The mail carrier just confirmed her name and then gives her a rectangular blue-sea box with a pearl-white ribbon then walks away. In confuse she opens the box and found a beautiful light-cream party dress, underneath it there’s a little post-it note saying,

‘Meet me at the Clair de Lune Café @ 7 PM tomorrow evening’ -K-

Then she goes to sleep still in confuse of the unknown person who sent the dress, at first she guessed it was Jongin but she eventually hesitant and convinced herself that’s no way Jongin could send it to her. He is too busy with his work to even bother about her and her birthday. Yes tomorrow is her birthday, her 28th birthday and none of her friends (in London), even Kyungsoo know about it. Jongin will probably said happy birthday to her through Skype or call her but even that thought seems impossible to happen now with their silent-act.

The next day she’s hesitant should she go to the café or not. What if it’s just a prank? But what if it isn’t? Will the unknown person wait for her all night long? After hours of considering should she go or not, she finally decided to come whether it’s a prank or not she doesn’t bother it anyway. 

So here she is, inside the Clair de Lune Café –her favorite coffee shop- wearing the dress the person gave, waiting for the mysterious person to show him/herself to her. She just about to order her drink when a waiter comes and serves her a cup of Café Au Lait, her favorite.

This person must be know me well, she thought.

While enjoying her Café Au Lait she looks around the café and finds many people, friends, couples, even families enjoying their meals.

‘It’s already years since our last date. Why I even thinks about him, he even didn’t bother say happy birthday to me.’ She muttered under her breath.

She continues enjoying her drink while listening to the café singer singing songs for the café guests. She even murmuring the songs like she knows them well -of course she knows them well because almost all of the songs that are sung are her favorite songs. How a coincidence. Again-.

“The next song is for the special lady over there, who wears a beautiful dress. This song is from a special person. The song called, ‘All of me’ by John Legend. Enjoy.” The singer suddenly spoke after finish the previous song. While he was speaking he pointed his finger to Hana on the part ‘special lady over there’. Surprised and flattered at the same time Hana just could only freeze in her sit with big eyes and slightly open lips. Her cheeks are blushing hard; it’s even look like she’s using blush powder even though she uses none.

'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you, oh

She just realizes that she looked incredibly stupid when the singer hit the chorus part of the song. She is just trying to enjoy the performance and ignores her erratic beating heart. She’s getting anxious and wants to find out the mysterious guy-she guessed that it’s a guy because no way a girl did romantic things like those to her except she’s a lesbian and she even couldn’t think about the possibility of that anymore right now -quickly. If it’s possible right now. She wants to know the guy right now.

Just when she ends her thought about the mysterious guy and the singer finishes the song, the light becomes dim. Photos, a lot of photos appear on the projection screen behind the singer. Hana looks at them with her eyes open widely, and she murmurs some bad words to the person who do that because the photos are all hers. A photo when she was a baby, her childhood photos, her elementary, middle, and high school graduation photos, even some photos that she never saw before are all appear and watch by many people. She just in the level of getting furious when Jongin’s face pops up on the screen.

‘Hello, maybe you all confused why suddenly there’s a video playing, and I’m so sorry if there’s any of you feel disturb. But I want to say a few words, or maybe many words to someone. To be honest, right now I don’t know what should I say. I want to say about everything right now, but I know I can’t. So let’s me start from the beginning.” He spoke. Hana is just looking at him blankly, she’s so surprised to even say anything about it.

“My name is Kai and I want to tell a story about a girl. This girl is the type of girl that maybe all of you rarely found or met or even more knew. She’s the type of girl who just happen to be acting weird, and somehow I like it. I like her weirdness, clumsiness and especially her i-do-not-care-about-what-you-want-to-say-about-my-weirdness.” He stops for a while and then continues, “And what is the most important thing is this girl took my heart the first time I saw her, you all may call it weird but I call it amazing.” He spoke word by word sincerely Hana knows that, his eyes tell her. That’s also why she starts to cry when he spoke earlier and until the state of crying now.

Jongin then opens his mouth and continues, “That moment from then, now and forever is the moment that I won’t forget, the moment when love showed itself to me in form of her. That I was born for a reason and somehow I just knew that reason is her.” His eyes are starting to become glassy and tears are threatening to come out.

“She maybe not the most beautiful girl in the world, but she is absolutely the most beautiful girl in my life of course, except my mother and sisters. They’re kind of on the same level, maybe my mother and sisters slightly below.” He sobbed a few times and practically tried to joke at the end to restrain himself from crying, because it’ll bad if he’s crying in the middle of his prepared confession. Hana can see that a lot of people-mostly girls- crying and smiling at the same time while they’re watching Jongin confession while the other try to restrain themselves from crying or watching it with full concentration.

“When I first introduced myself to her it was awkward and weird, but she accepted me with open arms. I asked her name, and it is still the most beautiful name that I ever know and hear. I confessed my feeling on our third meeting, she said to me then, ‘Why do you love me?’ and I answered, ‘Love doesn’t need a reason to be feels, you just know that you love someone when you can’t stand a second to even think about forgetting that person.’  With that she accepted my confession and we officially dating until now.” He started to speak again. Hana just laugh a bit when she remembers about Jongin confession to her 7 years ago.

It was crazy, he confessed to her in front of a police station, at that time Jongin was arrest for a night because the police caught him drunk with his friend and he called her to pick him up. At first, she thought that he was joking; it was when he answered her question she knew that he was serious.

“Spring 3 years ago was one of the hardest times of our relationship. She suddenly broke up with me but I managed to make her continue our relationship, but a few weeks later she found out that she got a scholarship in the most prestigious university in here, London.”

“Now, more than 3 years already we have a long distance relationship. It’s never easy, with the amount of time we have, we only chat at night or weekends after we finish doing our obligation.”

1 minute…

1.5 minutes…

2 minutes…

“Two months ago we had a big fight, and after that we never talked again. The fight happened because I didn’t trust her enough, I was jealous to her boy-friend. Stupid, right? What I regret the most is the fact that I didn’t even try to listen to her explanation or did something to make our relationship better. Maybe I was just too tired with the distance that keep maims my life every day.” Jongin explained.

3 seconds…

4 seconds…

5 seconds…

“Lee Hana, I’m sorry and feel guilty to you but one thing for sure I never feel sorry for all the mistakes that I’ve done, because of those mistakes I be a stronger person than I was before, be mature in every perspectives, that I can stand today with proud of myself and most importantly proud of being the person who have your heart fully.”

He stops talking for a while, takes a deep breath, and then continues, “Lee Hana, I love you with all my heart and my everything. I can’t promise you a wealthy life, or a forever happiness but I can promise you that my love was free and it’s only for you.” After that the screen turns to black and suddenly Jongin stands in the middle of the stage and says, “So will you forgive me?” Hana on the other side of the café nods her head while crying, she might be crying but her tears are tears of happiness.

The stage is dark when the music is playing, Jongin stands on the stage his eyes never leaves Hana’s. He smiles sincerely and so do Hana, she says a ‘I love you, Jongin.’ soundlessly to him and he answers with ‘I love you too, Hana. Forever and always.’ soundlessly.

‘Forever and always, Jongin.’ Hana says inside. Jongin opens his mouth and sings,

“If ever you wondered
If you touched my soul, yes you do
Since I met you I'm not the same
You bring life to everything I do”

“Just the way you say hello
With one touch I can't let go

Never thought I'd fall in love
With you, yeah yeah”

Jongin takes the microphone off from its place and starts walking toward Hana, slowly but steady. Meanwhile, Hana can’t stops herself from smiling widely, and of course her eyes are teary. People start to whispering to each other wandering where this ‘Hana’ girl is, because since the beginning Hana didn’t show any reaction like ‘oh it’s me!’.

“Because of you, my life has changed
Thank you for the love and joy you bring
Because of you, I feel no shame
I'll tell the world it's because of you”

When he already stands in front of her, his right hand reaches her left hand-Hana uses her right hand to covers preventing her crying sound-and holds it tight, like he never wants to let it slips his hand.

“Sometimes I get lonely
And all I gotta do is think of you
You captured something inside of me
You make all of my dreams come true”

He sings in front of her, he sings the song sincerely like his whole world depends on the song. While Hana feels so move by his action. His sincerity that wins over everything in this world even fame and money.

“It's not enough that you love me for me, yeah
You reached inside and touched me eternally
I love you best explains how I feel
For you, yeah-e-yeah”

Jongin then makes Hana stands from her sit and walks back to the stage with Hana beside her, their hands still intertwines tightly together. People start cheering them, some girls even already have a red face because of crying too much.

“Because of you, my life has changed
Thank you for the love and joy you bring
Because of you, I feel no shame
I'll tell the world it's because of you”

When they reach the stage, Hana sits on the chair in the middle of the stage facing while Jongin keeps singing while facing her.

“The magic in your eyes, true love I can't deny
When you hold me I just lose control
I want you to know that I'm never letting go
You mean so much to me I want the world to see
It's because of you”

He smiles to her. Sincerely. And it makes her smiles back at him. She’s hearing, and watching Jongin’s voice and every moves, it’s beautiful, and so breath-taking. Everything about Jongin is just amazing, he may not be perfect, but he’s surely everything for Hana.

“Because of you, my life has changed
Thank you for the love and the joy you bring
Because of you, I feel no shame
I'll tell the world it's because of you”

Jongin reaches for his pocket and searches for one thing that very important for this moment. The peak of the event today. The closure for one of their chapters of life, and the beginning of their new chapter of life. Hana on the other side is looking at him confusedly. Wandering what’s Jongin do right now. Some people even whispering asking what is he doing. When he finds the thing he has been searching for he slowly pulls it out from his pocket. A little cube dark blue box.

“My life has changed
Thank you for the love and the joy you bring
Because of you, I feel no shame
I'll tell the world it's because of you”

Jongin slowly puts the box in front of Hana. Hana’s surprise, she just closes preventing herself from crying. Her body trembles, and her eyes are getting more teary. People in the café are surprise too; some even says ‘Oh My God!’

“Because of you”

When he finishes his singing, he slowly opens the box and says,

“Lee Hana, Will you marry me?”

Hana on the other hand just froze on her spot, still surprise by Jongin proposal. Everybody is waiting for her answer. Jongin is waiting for her answer with concern.

What if she doesn’t accept his proposal?

What if everything he did for today just not enough to make her says yes?

What if she still mad about the jealousy problem?

What if questions are wandering in his head. Everything can happen now. A ‘yes’ or ‘I need more time to think about it’ or the worst possibility a ‘no’.

1 minute…

1,5 minutes…

2 minutes…

“Yes, Jongin. I will ! I will marry you!” Hana finally said while nodding her head. Jongin quickly hugs her and she hugs him back. They’re both crying in happiness. People are cheering and clapping hands for them. They both looking at each other dearly, and then slowly Jongin cuts the gap between them, and plants a sweet kiss in Hana’s lips.

 THE END