What are you doing here?

Silence 2

Previous chapter:

"YAH!!" Peniel shouted from the bottom of his lungs and finally, Joonyoung flicked. "Come on! Ren needs you," Peniel encouraged him. 

Joonyoung was finally realising how Ren's right hand had been trying to reach him all this while, she was longing for his support, his presence. 

---

Days passed after the incident. 

Beast's dorm went back to always having at least one person missing from doing their individual schedules. Junhyung can't helped but felt bothered by the sudden quietness and emptiness of the apartment next to them. Passing by their door daily made him realized how unwelcoming it felt as he stared at Ren's blue apartment door. 

"What could have happened?" Junhyung wondered. 

 

 

Joonyoung's routine had changed overall with his prirority being next to Ren as much as possible even when he has other work related things to do. Everytime Joonyoung came to Ren's room after doing work, he was welcomed by Ren's smile which was seen through the oxygen mask she had been wearing ever since she came. Joonyoung took the seat next to Ren's bed as he gently held her weak arms covered by needles. 

"How was your day?" Ren weakly spoke as she tried to grabbed onto Joonyoung's hand still trying to stabilized her breathing as she speaks. 

"It was alright," Joonyoung replied as he fixed her hair into place. 

Everynight was the same. Joonyoung would spend it talking about what happened during the day, not forgeting to mention the places he wish to bring Ren to when she gets better. Every now and then, Ren would ask questions but most of the time she would just smile and chuckled at how excited Joonyoung gets as he talks about the delicious foods he had discovered. 

Ren was not ready to give up in trying to get better. No matter how many times she had to do this again, she wasn't going to accept seeing herself stuck on the hospital bed again. She was ready to accept the challenge of starting over with all the treatments and pills. As long as she was able to feel alive again. With that determination, Peniel saw how her body was starting to gradually stabilize again. 

 

"Renren,is there anything you've been craving?" Joonyoung asked while getting ready to go out. "I'll get it for you."

"Toppoki!" She smiled brightly.

"Araseo. I'll be right back," Joonyoung whispered as he kissed her forehead. 

--

Coming back from grocery shopping, Junhyung caught a glimpse of Peniel locking the door of his apartment. Without hesitation, Junhyung ran towards Peniel grabbing him by his right arm. 

"Wait," Junhyung said almost shouting. 

"Ah, Hello Junhyung," Peniel bowed.

"I haven't seen Ren in a while, is she okay?" Junhyung asked strengthening his grip. 

Peniel looked very tired from the lack of sleep he was having. Junhyung knew that something must have happened with Ren and it was not getting better ever since. Peniel saw how worried Junhyung looked. Peniel chuckled as he saw how Junhyung was not going to let go until he answers Junhyung's question.

"Do you want to see her?"

 

Ren was sitting at the edge of her bed appreciating the night view she had from the window of her hospital room. It was hard to believe but the hospital is Ren's happy place where the smell of disinfectant calms her down just like the soothing smell of freshly brewed coffee. Humming her favourite classical piano piece, her closed eyes was a sign she was lost in her own little world. She was oblivious to the sound of someone entering the room. 

Her fragile frame, skinny legs and skinny neck. Oh how painful it was to look at her lose weight.  

.

.

.

"Yoora-ah.." 

"Ne op-" Ren replied as turn to see Junhyung by the door. 

--

The sun has set, Joonyoung happily returned to the hospital with a plastic of Toppoki in his hand. Just turning the corner towards the entrance, Joonyoung saw Peniel sitting alone on the bench right outside the entrance.

"Joonyoung!" Peniel shouted.

"What's up?" He replied. 

"Mind companying me here for a bit," Peniel offered the seat next to him taking a sip of his beer. 

"What about Ren?" Joonyoung asked, worried that she was alone in her room. 

"She'll be fine, let's talk for a bit," Peniel smiled. 

Peniel's dark circles was getting worst and everyone can see that he had also lost some weight taking care of Ren. It has been a tough few days for the three of them and supporting each other was important if they want to keep each other sane. Joonyoung took the sit next to Peniel. He gladly took the beer offered by Peniel. 

"I was the best in my year," Peniel started. "I figured everything out instantly and I was always number one," he sighed out of frustration. 

"What's wrong?" Joonyoung drank his beer and a sad chuckle escaped Peniel's mouth. 

"Ren... I really don't know what's going on. I asked everyone, even the senior doctor but no one knew why she suddenly went back to square one. When I was appointed to become Ren's doctor, I couldn't have felt more honoured because she was a rare case. But right now, the fact that I couldn't really make her healthier even after taking care of her for so long, I wondered if I was good enough to become her doctor." 

Joonyoung never saw Peniel having a breakdown before and this was the first time that he truely showed how he was feeling going through this difficult time again. Joonyoung see Peniel as someone who is always calm and always mantained his posture even during difficult time. 

"I heard. I heard that she was a difficult patient but somehow hearing that, it made me even more motivated to become a better doctor," Peniel continued. "But now that I think about it.. it was like I saw her just as an object, a medium for me to show people how great I was. I shouldn't have done that."

Joonyoung saw where Peniel was coming from. It was only natural to him that men can get a little too competitive in their field of interest and get lost by that. 

"Aniya. It's alright," Joonyoung patted Peniel by the shoulder. "You did a good job. You ARE doing a good job and I think, if it wasn't for you, who knows how bad Ren's condition will be right now. If you were doing a bad job, do you think Ren would be stupid enough to let you take care of her? She's a smart girl and she knows that you're doing your best."

Hearing that, Peniel couldn't help but laughed. 

"It's not your fault nor it is anyone's. Everyone is doing their best and that is what matters the most, araseo?" Joonyoung slapped Peniel back knowing that Peniel was feeling much better. 

Peniel was surprised at how comforting Joonyoung can be towards him. Now, Peniel knew that it was okay for Peniel to also depend on Joonyoung for some support. He was still grateful for the day Joonyoung decided to appear in front of Ren even though it he wasn't even suppose to be near that area of the building. 

"Gomawo Joonyoung," Peniel sincerely thanked him.

"Stop it already," Joonyoung couldn't stand how bromantic it was becoming. 

--

Junhyung's heart was hurting. His stomach was turning as his vision was becoming doubtful. What was going on?

"H-How..?" Ren was shocked by the fact that Junhyung knew where she was.

Junhyung was overwhelmed the minute he opened the door to see how Ren was. 

"It is you right?" Junhyung slowly walked to her. "Right?" 

Ren was flustered. What is she suppose to do? what is she suppose to say?

"A-ani!" Ren blurted. 

"You are," Junhyung insisted as he walked closer to Ren.

"I'm not, I'm Re-" Ren started but was stopped by Junhyung sudden grip on both her arms pulling her closer to him as he looked straight into her eyes intensely.

Junhyung was scary, Ren was too afraid to say anything. Eyes locked, Ren's breathing was getting shallow as Junhyung was not giving Ren any space to think straight. 

"Yoora-ah," Junhyung whispered as he looked into Ren's eyes searching for answers. He was certain, Junhyung was 100% sure it was her. Those eyes are hers, those scar on her forehead was hers and that weak body was hers. "Chebal..."

 

Thankyou for reading! Subscribe if you are enjoying the story!

and Happy New Years guys! I hope that our Beast boys are going to be alright with all they are going through right now! 

Let's not forget to support our oppas!