Unfortunately, the past is the past, it's not the present.

Silence 2

Peniel was driving the car, on his way to the nearest hospital in the area. Now that Peniel and Ren moved to Korea, he needed to make sure that Ren's medicine was available in the nearest hospital. With the variation in Ren's medicine in different period of her development, he was obviously filled with worries with the suppliesarrow-10x10.png he had brought. 

Arriving at the hospital, he was welcomed by a fellow colleague who was also put incharged to keep track of Ren's health. 

The meeting started of with Peniel mentioning about how Ren suddenly collapse just the day before and that he couldn't figure out what the reason was to be exact. Peniel could only assumed that it was because of the amount of stress and pressure she was going through when she finally saw her boys. 

'Wait,' he thought. 

As Peniel continued talking about how she was doing just the morning after the collapse which was this morning, something struck. Peniel's sudden stopped made the colleague turn his head towards Peniel who was seen to be confused.

"Her speech.. her speech was smooth this morning," Peniel said looking at his colleague. "She wasn't stuttering!"

---

In Ren's apartmentarrow-10x10.png, Joonyoung was taking aarrow-10x10.png long hot shower while Ren was left alone at the living room.  

Ren carriedarrow-10x10.png two bottles of water and her whole lot of pills, placing them on the table infront of the sofa she was sitting on. 

She stared at the pills, closed her eyes and rested her head on the sofa. Breathing in and out. In and out. 

 

'Pills.
It's aarrow-10x10.png way to treat. However, honestly it was just aarrow-10x10.png way to reduce the pains, it does not fullyarrow-10x10.png cure. 

Pills.
I never thought that my life is dependent on these things that are artificially madearrow-10x10.png by humans. 

Pills.
How much longer will you be able to keep me alive?' 

 

Ren was unconsciously going to the state of mind as a writer. It hadn't happened ever since she finished her last book which was the one she wrote for the boys.

 

 Is this... progressarrow-10x10.png?

 

Joonyoung came out of the bathroom singing loudly. Ren opened her eyes, disturbed from the thoughts or should we say disturbed from her writing. She was pulled back to reality and Joonyoung noticed that Ren was acting differently. 

'What was that..?' Joonyoung wondered. It was weird for Joonyoung, he never saw that side of Ren, he doesn't even know that Ren was aarrow-10x10.png writer to start with. 

Ren crossed her legs on the sofa and pulled the table closer to her. The battle of swallowing was startingarrow-10x10.png and she wasn't sure if she wanted it to start. 

--

Ren sat on her bedarrow-10x10.png with her right leg hanging by the side of of her bed, watching as the sky outsidearrow-10x10.png turned from orange to black from the only window in her room.

Just a few hours ago, Joonyoung left the house out of his will. His friends called him saying they were gonna stop by his apartment to hang out. Obviously, he didn't want to go back and leave Ren alone, so he told them to go home, but it wasn't gonna workarrow-10x10.png as they were waiting for him in front of his doorsteps. 

"Araseo!" He shouted at them out of frustration and turned to look at Ren who was staring at him. There was something about the stare that Ren was giving that made Joonyoung more frustrated that he needed to leave. It was a longing stare. 

"Renren, bian," he said worried that she would be mad at him as he slowly cup her face to kiss her forehead. Ren closed her eyes as he does. 

Ren just shook her head as aarrow-10x10.png signalarrow-10x10.png that it was okay and that she understood his situation. 

Just as Joonyoung let go and was just about to take a step towards the front door, Ren pulled his sleeve making Joonyoung turn back to look at her with her eyes glued to the floorarrow-10x10.png

"Wae?" Joonyoung asked, in the most soft and sweet way he ever could ask.Ren took a really deep breath closing her eyes as she heard his sweet voice. She obviously didn't want him to leave that soon. 

They stayed in that position just for a while but then Ren moved towards him and buried her face in his chest. 

She was quiet. That was making Joonyoung more worried.

The fact that Ren wasn't saying anything showed that she needed him so much. 

He hugged her tightly, kissing the top of her head. "I'll come back as soon as I can, okay?" 

Ren nodded, tightening her hug. 

 

Peniel came home to see a note left on the kitchen counter: "I need time alone." The note shocked Peniel emotionally. The happiness and excitement he had as he drove back from the news that Ren was possibly improving was destroyed by the handwritten note by Yoshida Ren herself.

 

Ren hasn't moved an inch from her bedarrow-10x10.png, still staring out the window. Although she noticed that Peniel came back by the sound of the front door clicking, she kept quiet in her room. 

Ren slowly laid herself on her bedarrow-10x10.png. The dark room and empty ceiling doesn't seem to help the feeling she was having inside her. 

Was it the feeling of loneliness? was it the pain from so called illness? She wasn't sure. 

 

Left alone in that dark room, Ren was forced to questioned her choicearrow-10x10.png of wanting to live next to the Beast's dorm. Maybe, just maybe... she shouldn't have asked for it. 

 

She felt lonely and disconnected. She knew Peniel and Joonyoung was there. But... something was missing, something changedarrow-10x10.png.

 

Ren sat herself facing the wall that was between her room and Beast's dorm and afterwards placed her left palm on the cold wall, it was like she was trying to reach them. 

 

Something wasn't right. She knew only that much. Something was truely missing. But with her current condition, she couldn't go any further than just knowing only that much. It was frustrating. More than that, it was painful.

Sobbing hard, Ren covered her face trying to surpress her voice, not wanting Peniel to hear her. But it was useless, Peniel could hear everything. He was worried, he knew he couldn't barged into her room, it was wrong. Instead, he sat himself on the floor right in front of Ren's door. 

'I can't reach anyone,' she thought. 'No one. Not now.'

---

Junhyung woke up feeling refresh. Suddenly, he felt that it was okay. For that moment, it doesn't matter even if Ren was really Yoora. She changedarrow-10x10.png, she's not the girl he fell in love with, she was aarrow-10x10.png different person. 

Junhyung can survive without Yoora in his life, she doesn't affect him that much anymore. Of course he was devasted that Yoora left him without saying anything, however, that was aarrow-10x10.png long time ago. Yoora is noone to him now. 

 

Yoseob on the other end couldn't stop thinking about Ren. Sweating so hard, Yoseob was drenched in his own sweat from practicing too hard on the punching bag in the gym he frequently went to.

"Yah," His couch grabbed his shoulder. "You'll hurt yourself."

Yoseob was being too tense.

"Go take a walk or something," his couch advice him but he was being stubborn and continued boxing. The next thing he knew was that he was forced out of the gym.

 

Stepping out the gym, it was morning. Yoseob actually pulled an all nighter in the gym without him knowing.

It was bright outside that it stung his eyes, but a bright red hair captured him from across the street. Involuntarily, he ran towards the red hair and grab the person by the shoulder harshly. It was Ren carrying a lot of groceries. 

Ren was forced to look up by the sudden push on her right shoulder to see Yoseob. She blinked to a flashback of Yoseob laughing hard with her, where she believed the beast's living room. 

"Yoseob oppa!" Ren suddenly blurted.  

Yoseob was shocked to hear Ren say that, 'yoora-ah' he thought. He pulled his hand from her shoulder as soon as he noticed that he was actually staring at her for too long. He took some of the groceries she was carrying and walked with her. 

Ren can remember Yoseob so well, she knew she was close with him. 

 

"How have you been oppa?" She asked, smiling briliantly bright.

Yoseob stopped. Making Ren turned to face him when she noticed Yoseob was not next to her anymore. Ren stared at him.

"Yoora-ah?"

Yoseob saw the smile on Ren's face fade. Both of them was staring at each other as cars pass by, blowing Ren's and Yoseob's hair backwards. 

 

 

 

"Aniya," Ren smiled. "I'm Ren."

Yoseob stared at her intently, it was obvious that the smile she had stuck on her face wasn't sincere, there was a sense of sadness and pain. Yoseob saw that very clearly. But, seeing how hard she was trying, he could only sigh.

"I'm good," Yoseob answered as he walked next to her without making any more eye contact. Ren felt both sad and guilty, but she wasn't really lying. 

 

After a long slow walk together towards the building they both live in, Yoseob tapped Ren's shoulder making her look at him. 

"You don't need to go through this alone," he softly said. "I'm here too."

Hearing that coming out of Yoseob's mouth... Ren felt both scared and relieved. 

She unconsconsiously fixed her bangs out of a habit when she was flustered and just nodded and then continued walking into the building. 

---

Joonyoung came running towards Ren's apartment building just to see Ren talking to Yoseob. He walked up to them and took the groceries carried by Ren. 

"Oppa," Ren blurted shocked by that action. 

"Morning," Joonyoung said smiling, gently pulling her towards him to kiss her head. 

"Morning," she replied while closing her eyes to his kiss. 

Yoseob of course didn't felt comfortable seeing all of that and felt irritated to see that Joonyoung was doing it on purpose to tease Yoseob. 

"Here," Yosoeb hand in the groceries he carried for Ren to Joonyoung. "See you around," he smiled to Ren as he left. 

 

Yoseob slammed his bedroom door, shocking everyone in the house. 

"Wow," Dongwoon stared at Yoseob's door. 

"Hormones," Gikwang whispered to Dongwon. Both just nodded for no reason. 

 

In the kitchen, Junhyung was conversing with Doojoon. 

"Maybe he saw Ren," Junhyung mentioned calmly, pouring a glass of milk for himself. The fact that he said it so calmly shocked Doojoon. Junhyung was having a very bad day just a few days ago after knowing that maybe Ren was possibly Yoora, so why did he all of the sudden become okay. 

"Yah, you okay with you know.. Ren?" Doojoon asked out of worried. 

"Yeah, what's not to be okay about?" Junhyung replied. 

Doojoon stared at Junhyung, trying to find out whether he was telling the truth or lying but there was no sign that Junhyung was lying at all. 

'Did something happened to Junhyung?' Doojoon thought.

Thankyou for reading! 

I'm finally back to my normal mindset *if that makes sense* So let's hope that I could update more often. 

Also, for those who commented and recommended me songs, THANKYOU! SARANGHAE! 

Please do comment ^^

Hope you enjoyed it!