- oo1

Fairytale Love I: Chorong

- CHORONG -

"CHORONG!" A hideous voice screeeched. I grudgingly got up and sighed. How on earth did I get stuck with this life?

"CHORONGGGGG!" The screech came louder this time but I knew better than to yell back. As quickly as my feet could take me, I made my way to Minah's bedroom where doom beckoned me. 

She was holding two dresses and as she looked at me, I knew what I had to do. "The one on the left will make you look less pretty," I had to choose my words carefully. "Than the one on the right. The right matches your beautiful colour palette way more." 

Satisfied with my reply, she shooed my out, but not before I could ask her a question. "Why are you more fussed about what you wear than usual?"

"Duh," she answered. "Luhan's starting at our school today."

Luhan? Who was that? By the time I was going to ask, Minah had already slammed the door, keeping me out of her little world.

"CHORONGG!" Someone else this time. I know its not nice to talk about your family negatively, I really wish they'd disappear sometimes.

Walking towards the sound of this voice, I couldn't help but think what the problem would be this time. Which dress should she wear? Which shoes look the best?

Entering Seomin's room, I saw her sitting on the floor with her arms crossed tightly. "I can't find those pink heels of mine with the pretty bows on the ends. YOU STOLE THEM, DIDN'T YOU?!"

Crouching down beside her, I had to calm her down. In a soothing yet tired voice, I said, "No, I didn't steal them. Remember? You wanted me to clean them for you so they're in my room now. I'll go get them. They're near my bag."

Instead of looking pleased like I thought she would, a horrified look washed over her makeup-plastered features. "In your room? Near that hideous orange bag of yours?" She echoed. "You can keep them now. No way am I putting them on my feet again!" 

Sighing, I didn't really care. So what if she thought of me as lower than a dog? At the end of the day, its my thought that counts... Right?

"CHORONG!" From the tone and quality of this voice, I'd say its time for the stepmother. And from the sounds of it, she isn't very happy. I quickly ducked out of Seomin's room and towards Seoah's instead. And there she was, looking glorious in her underwear and bra.

"Do you think that surgery worked?" She asked me immediately. 

Trailing my eyes down from her face to her s, I cringed. They looked rock solid. "Um... Yes. No guy can resist you any more than they used to without that surgery." 

"Excellent." 

Seeing me still standing in the room, staring at the two horrific rocks, she raised her voice. "What are you still doing in here? Get out you brat. Get ready for school. I don't want Minah and Seoah to be late. Vanish!" 

Turning away, I exited the room. Just another day in the life of Park Chorong.

 

- LUHAN -

Groaning inwardly, I walked with sunglasses on into the school. Keeping my head down low, I grabbed a girls' arm as she walked by. "Yah..." I whispered lowly. "Could you please show me the way to the administrator's office?" 

Bracing myself for the fact that she would recognise me by my voice, you could say that I was extremely surprised when she just pointed at a building and walked off, leaving me to stare at her ponytail and orange bag.

"Well thanks, I guess," I called out to nobody. 

I followed the direction that she pointed out and reached the office. Inside, there was a booth with an angry looking lady and a line of meek-looking students. 

"Next," the lady said tiredly and one by one, the line got shorter until I was at the front. 

"Name," she muttered. 

"Xi Luhan," I replied. 

At the mention of my name, she appeared to be interested, unlike that girl from before.

"Well, Luhan, class is about to start so I'll show you to your new classroom."

Shrugging to myself, I followed her and it wasn't long before we reached a room that looked normal on the outside, but as I stepped inside, was filled with loud chatter.

With a quick glance at the teacher, he motioned for me to introduce myself. 

"Umm," I cleared my throat. And just like that, the noise level dove down. "My name's Xi Luhan. I'm new here... obviously..." 

When I said my name, basically every girl in the classroom looked at me like I was their prey. Precisely why I would've rathered homeschoolling for the rest of my life instead of going to an actual school.

"I'm Mr Jo," the teacher introduced himself to me and then turned to his class. "Do I have any volunteers to show Luhan around the room?" 

The boys all groaned while all the girls but one raised their hands. Two girls, in particular, were practically jumping out of their seats. 

Mr Jo looked around and his gaze fastened on a girl... With her hair done up in a ponytail.... And an orange bag beside her.

"Chorong, what about you?" 

The girl looked at the teacher, then me, then the two girls at the front and back at the teacher. "Minah and Seomin clearly want to do it. Why don't you let them?"

Mr Jo shrugged and that was that. 

Looks as if I've been left with two lions.